Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2017 9:17 AM
Jun 2016
Looking for a manga/anime that deals with a character's gradual redemption resulting from the life they have lived (they don't have to necessarily have to be the main character or be redeemed in the end)

Characters like Ishida from 'Koe no Katachi', Vincent/Break (among others) from 'Pandora Hearts.'

Any ideas at all greatly appreciated :)
Jan 5, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2015
Might not fit your tastes but more sports anime/manga usually deal with a team/person losing and then training to get better and then eventually redeeming their team/themselves
Jan 5, 2017 9:29 AM
Jun 2016
I'm open to any genre but I think a real 'morally grey' villian who has an opportunity for a second chance in life is more what i'm looking for. Like Zuko from the last airbender series (it's not japanese anime though :P)
RosinaJan 5, 2017 9:36 AM
Jan 5, 2017 2:51 PM

Oct 2015
Vinland Saga. Early to mid chapter show the cause while the redemption start in the late chapter.
Jan 5, 2017 4:31 PM

Sep 2014
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. You have seen FMA, but Brotherhood does have more fleshed out characters and a few character arcs involve redemption.

Assassination Classroom - Mostly about Koro-Sensei's back story. Doesn't happen until season 2, but still worth the wait.

Death Parade - Episodic, but each episode features 2 people who have died and they have to play bar games to determine if they are reincarnated or sent to the void.

Haibane Renmei - Bit hard to explain without spoiling things, but is about redemption.

One Week Friends - A high school girl forgets everything about her friends at the start of each week.
Jan 5, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2016
Korrailli said:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. You have seen FMA, but Brotherhood does have more fleshed out characters and a few character arcs involve redemption.

Oh god yes. FMAB is so vastly superior to FMA in every way. Brotherhood even did some things better than the manga did in my opinion.
Jan 6, 2017 6:31 AM
Jun 2016
Thanks guys for the quality suggestions-most of these anime/manga are already on my impossibly long PTW list but I will definitely be checking them out now :D !

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - 56 minutes ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

7 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

13 by windyshadow »»
3 hours ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - 3 hours ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.