Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 4, 2017 10:15 PM

Nov 2009
Since new shows have starting airing the hardest Club Event continues with Winter 2017.

You can use this link to see the majority that is airing this season:

https://static.neregate.com/2016/12/neregate.com-Winter-2016-2017-Anime-Chart-v3.jpg

Some questions to think about:

What shows seem notable to you?

What shows are you enjoying?

What shows are you going to continue watching?

What shows do you not think highly of?
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 1, 2017 11:57 PM

Nov 2009

Kono Suba 2
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Youjo Senki
Demi-chan we Kataritai
Gintama 5?
Blue Exorcist 2
Gabriel Dropout
Kemono Friends
Kuzu no Honkai
Little Witch Academia
Akiba's Trip
Urara Meirochou
Nyanko Days
Ai Mai Mi 2
Minami Kamakura
Spiritpact
Chiruran
Chaos;Child
ACCA 13
Masamune-kun no Revenge

Handshakers
Chain Chronicle
Reikanzen 2
Rewrite 2
Onihei
Piace
Yowamushi Pedal 2
Schoolgirl Strikers
Seiren
Nambaka 2
Eldlive
One Room
Fuuka

Special Notes:

Kono Suba 2
-The art has steadily declined in the show since the beginning of season 1. But the jokes, characters and world are so well written, that I enjoy this show so damn much. I really hope you watch it.

-Absolutely a great comedy with great visual design and everything. Super great, watch it.

Youjo Senki
-Last season had Drifters, this season has Youjo Senki. Not a show for everyone, but the Main girl's conflict with an absurd situation, is clever in it's design, and executes as well as a military operation. This show reminds me a lot of overlord, but without the LARPing that show degrading into by the end. Give it a chance.

Demi-chan we Kataritai
-Just a well written show using monster girls as it's focus. Interesting personality dynamics with great art, and it's just good.

Kemono Friends
-Now this CGI anime's CGI is extremely bad. Movements are janky, mouths don't move to words right, and plenty of other stuff. THat said. The actual story, content, and visual design of the characters is pretty good. It's a basic kids show, about learning about animal girls, but it's got a really interesting undertone, and I really like it.

Handshakers
-This is quite possible the worst looking anime I have ever seen. and I have seen 12% of all anime........

Current Thoughts:

Some amazing starts to some really great shows. Overall a great season.
Feb 5, 2017 9:12 AM

Aug 2012
-Nanbaka S2
-Akiba's Trip
-Chou Shounen Tantei-dan NEO
-Youjo Senki
-Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu S2
-Tales of Zestiria the X S2
-Little Witch Academia
-Gabriel DropOut
-Yowamushi Pedal S3
-Onihei Hankachou
-ACCA 13-Ku Kansatsu-ka
-Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
-Kuzu no Honkai
-Kirakira Precure A La Mode

What shows are you going to continue watching?
-ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
-Kuzu no Honkai
-Little Witch Academia
-Marginal#4
-Nanbaka S2
-Youjo Senki

-Masamune-kun no Revenge
-Seiren
-Fuuka
-Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu
-Schoolgirl Strikers
-Spiritpact
-Demi-chan wa Kataritai
-eIDLIVE
-Idol Jihen
-Hand Shakers
-Kemono Friends
-ChaoS;Child
-Marginal#4
-Super Lovers S2
-BanG Dream!
Mar 31, 2017 7:13 PM

Nov 2009
My thoughts on Winter 2016.

Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2
Youjo Senki
Kemono Friends
Blue Exorcist 2
Gabriel DropOut
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
Urara Meirochou
Gintama.
Rewrite 2

Shows that disappointed me:

Hand Shakers
Masamune-kun no Revenge
Kuzu no Honkai
Chaos;Child
Fuuka
ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
AKIBA' S TRIP: THE ANIMATION
CHAIN CHRONICLE: Haecceitas no Hikari
ēlDLIVE
SPIRITPACT
Onihei
Reikenzan 2
Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-Bu
SCHOOLGIRL STRIKERS
BanG Dream!

Special notes:

-A slice of life anime about magical dragons living with humans. It's a great comedy and a refreshing take on the genre.

Youjo Senki
-A war themed anime about a man who made an enemy of god itself. Clever writing, and amazing facial art for the main character. I really liked it.

Kemono Friends
-A horribly animated and sometimes badly voice acted. I loved this show a lot. It's got charm and world building in spades, and It's massive boost in popularity as it aired is proof that it did something right. Not for everyone, but give it a chance and you may find a very comforting heart.

Hand Shakers
-I hate this show. Bad art, bad writing. Just....ugh.

Masamune-kun no Revenge, Kuzu no Honkai
-Two decent shows with clever central ideas. Sadly as the shows go on their central ideas fall apart with bad writing.

Final Thoughts:

A fairly weak season. A handful of amazing shows, like Kono Suba 2, Dragon Maid, Youjo Senki, and Kemono Friends. But a lot of mediocre and bad ones.
Apr 5, 2017 9:11 PM

Aug 2012
Shows I enjoyed all the way through:

-ACCA 13-ku Kansatsu-ka
-Kuzu no Honkai
-Youjo Senki
-All Out!

Shows that are still ongoing:

-Little Witch Academia

Shows that disappointed me:

-Nanbaka S2
-Marginal#4

Special notes:

-I genuinely didn't think much about this show; I just wanted a small inane show that I would amuse me, and that's why I took up this show. Boy was I wrong--I absolutely fell IN LOVE with it. Such fun and adorable characters with great dynamics, AND most of them are not used just for an episode. It's a great SoL filled with great comedy and lots of love.

Nanbaka S2
-I actually liked S1, so I decided to watch S2. If you thought the New Year's Competition arc was too long, then prepare to meet your maker with this whole damn season. One fight--not even with the main boss--lasted around 4 episodes. And SPOILERS: the season doesn't even finish the arc! It ends right before the big boss battle! A season shouldn't end that way. It was incredibly boring, to say the least.

Youjo Senki
-An incredible show that kept me hook from start to finish. I loved the premise (and surprise, for me) that Tanya wasn't just simply a child, but rather the reincarnation of a salaryman who has kept his knowledge. Fascinating story with a super interesting character (albeit not for everyone) with a kickass OST.

Marginal#4
-I'm just gonna go on record and say I watched this show out of curiosity: Rejet is a company that concentrates on selling fujoshi-directed merchandise, with its trademark being depravity. Two of their most well-known otomes are Diabolik Lovers and Black Wolves Saga, which have casts of abusive bishounen that satisfies those who revel in depravity. So when I saw this show, I went "wait, where's the 'problematic' nature in this?" So I watched it, wondering if Rejet would do a sudden 180 and suddenly make these idols be....bad boys, so to say. They didn't. It confused me. The end.

Final Thoughts:
This season particularly fell at a time where I was inundated with work, so I purposely chose to watch a smaller selection than I usually do. Thankfully it was a selection filled with shows that I ended up adoring, so I wanna say this was a fairly strong season. The shows that were good tended to stand out amongst fans and make its way into social media and other circles.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Club Event S18: Spring 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 11, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:48 PM

» Club Event W18: Winter 2018

eighttailedfox - Jan 1, 2018

3 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 11, 2018 8:46 PM

» Club Event 75: April 2018

eighttailedfox - Apr 4, 2018

0 by eighttailedfox »»
Apr 4, 2018 1:48 PM

» Club Event 74: March 2018

eighttailedfox - Mar 4, 2018

1 by eighttailedfox »»
Mar 31, 2018 10:53 PM

» Club Event 73: February 2018

eighttailedfox - Feb 2, 2018

2 by MonochromeSong »»
Feb 28, 2018 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.