Forum Settings
Forums

Favorite Character not showing the correct Anime

New
Jan 4, 2017 9:16 AM
Dec 2014
Hey guys, I know this is pretty much irrelevant for most people, but it annoys me and appears not to be hard to fix. The problem is when I choose a favorite character that has also played a role in a minor anime and it happens to be prioritized over his main anime because of release order.
This happened in my GF's profile when she chose Rider and it lists him as from Carnival Phantasm (because Carnival relased before Fate/Zero). Now I've tried to put Toujou Nozomi in my list (and this problem happens to any Love Live girl) and it shows her as a character from one of their songs 'Bokura no Live Kimi to no Life' and if it wasnt for this one, would be for another song.
So, I don't know if more people already complained about this or if it has been discussed, but I would be glad if it can be fixed. Also, I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, so, if I'm wrong please correct me.
Thanks in advance!
Jan 6, 2017 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
The idea to have the first entry in which the character makes a strong or some sort of meaningful appearance as the one to show next to the character is something that has been suggested many times in the past in the Suggestions forum board below.

For what's worth, the staff is well-aware of it, but whether the idea will ultimately get pushed through or not is not exactly up to them but the company that owns and runs MAL, which includes any code-wise changes. The staff and we are all for it, though :)
Jan 6, 2017 10:06 PM
Dec 2014
I understand. Thanks for the insight, hopefully they can fix it someday.

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

1 by traed »»
7 hours ago

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.