Forum Settings
Forums

'Fate/Apocrypha' TV Anime Announced for 2017

New
Dec 31, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011

An official site opened and revealed that light novel Fate/Apocrypha will be getting a TV anime adaptation for 2017. The staff has also been announced.

Synopsis
The setting of Fate/Apocrypha is a parallel world to Fate/stay night where the Greater Grail was removed from Fuyuki after the Third Holy Grail War and disappeared for many years. Around the 2000s, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the group that plundered the Grail, Yggdmillennia, openly declares their secession from the Mage's Association and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, but all but one are instantly slaughtered by Lancer of Black. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total.

This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War in Trifas, featuring two different factions, the Black Faction, whose members are part of Yggdramillennia, and the Red Faction, whose members were sent by the Mage's Association with the exception of one from the Church. The Grail itself also summons Ruler to act as a mediator of the Holy Grail War. (Source: Type-Moon Wikia)

Staff
Director: Yoshiyuki Asai (Charlotte)
Series Composition: Yuichiro Higashide (Author of Fate/Apocrypha)
Character Design: Yuri Yamada
Music: Masaru Yoyoyama (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso)
Studio: A-1 Pictures

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: http://fate-apocrypha.com/
Twitter account: @FateApocryphaTV

Source Otakomu

Fate/Apocrypha on MAL
tsubasaloverJan 1, 2017 7:14 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 31, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
Been reading the series for this. I'm pretty excited. 2017 will be year of Fate again!
Dec 31, 2016 7:54 AM
Jul 2018
Omg look awesome, will watch it for sure.
Dec 31, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2013
So, in 2017 we will have:

-HF movies
-Fate/Extra
-Prillya movie
-And this Apocrypha adaptation

Plus Grand Order special.

What a time to be a Fatefag. The salt will be delicious.

Also expecting the obligatory Nakata role every Fate adaptation has.
Dec 31, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2007
Whew, here comes the Apo.

Hopefully this won't kill the mainstream interest in fate. Because, let's be frank. Apo is baaaaaaad. The first half is half-decent but the last half is the definition of trainwreck ride.

It would be awful to fate being bad stigma increasing with this before F/E comes out.

At least it is A1, just like I guessed for years, so no actually good studio is bothered to make this.
Dec 31, 2016 7:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
i have mixed opinions with the fate series (loved F/Z but F/SN was meh personally) might give it a shot, depending how its going.
DatRandomDudeDec 31, 2016 7:59 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 31, 2016 7:56 AM

Oct 2013
pretty Colours will watch. :)
Dec 31, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
I wonder if we will get the same amount of shitstorm like Fate Stay Night.

Dec 31, 2016 7:59 AM

Jun 2014
Glad A1 is making this, would've been a shame if a good studio wasted their time with it. Fate in general doesn't deserve anything worthwhile, but the fandom is so inexplicably large, lol.
:3
Dec 31, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
A-1 and LN? well..........wtv will watch for salt I guess.
Dec 31, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2016
Yes, Yes fucking YES ! sorry for my expression but man i am done, 2017 will be my year :)

KaiserNazrin said:

Well, yes im sure we did, because there are fans and "fans" but, some need to understand that "Fate" is no longer just VN(which btw was great thing) but a big franchise with many media and this franchise will only grow.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedDec 31, 2016 7:16 PM
Dec 31, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm,Fate anime with a Saberface I actually like...

Christmas Miracle!! ; )
Dec 31, 2016 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
Yaaayy more Fate is always welcome!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 31, 2016 8:18 AM
Mar 2016
A-1 pitcures..... uhmmm I don't know 'bout this... at least it's decent....
Dec 31, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2015
For a second I thought it was Ufotable before reading it's A-1 Pictures, looks like they stepped up their sound and visual design in order to be consistent with Ufotable. That can only be a good thing.
"The sea spills over the doorsill into the room, and the cockroaches scramble to escape by crawling up the walls. Those not quick enough are caught in the swirling current and float up with it or lie on their backs pretending to be dead."
Dec 31, 2016 8:34 AM

Jan 2009
looks good, will watch this for sure since im interested on Joan of Arc as a servant
Dec 31, 2016 8:36 AM

Mar 2016
More fate always welcome...
Dec 31, 2016 8:39 AM

Dec 2007
Glad Fate is going strong as always, even though this specific project looks less exciting than most recent and other upcoming one's. Heard the LN is not so good.

Still, Gotta watch em' all. And become the very best Fate Master.
DeadIEndDec 31, 2016 8:43 AM
Dec 31, 2016 8:46 AM

Feb 2012
So much things going on in this Fate franchise, glad I'm not that much involved in all this mess man.

Will probably watch the anime, and that's pretty much it.
Dec 31, 2016 8:57 AM
Apr 2014
>Apocrypha adaptation

Cool.

>A1 Pictures

Cold.
Dec 31, 2016 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
>mfw we got all these fate anime but no new info about Tsukihime Remake
I'm starting to think that Nasu is doing this Intentionally to make us angry or something
Dec 31, 2016 9:13 AM
Jun 2015
I am the ice age sequels of 2017
Fate is my body and ufotable is my blood
I have created over a thousand fate adaptations
Unknown to the shitposting ahead
Nor known to who's gonna bitch about the adaptations this time
Have withstood shitstorms to create many installments to the franchise
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited Fate threads

2017 looks great
Dec 31, 2016 9:16 AM

Jul 2007
BioMaster said:
I'm starting to think that Nasu is doing this Intentionally to make us angry or something

considering what Nasu did with FGO finale and his statements about DAAs overall it should be ABUNDANTLY clear that he does not give a shit about anything past fate now.

Swagernator said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Well, yes im sure we did, because there are fans and "fans" but, some need to understand that "Fate" is no longer just VN(which btw was great thing) but a big franchise with many media and this franchise will only grow.

Going mainstream and targeting lowest common denominator is not a good thing.

A lot of things tend to grow. Not all of them are beneficial for the whole. Like for example cancer.

Apo is second worst fate work ever written and it is bound to drive off even more intellectual people from the franchise further installing the idea that its worthless.
Dec 31, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2010
Nice, Fate get a lot of love and I'm gonna be an asshole and say your favorite manga will never get an anime adaption.
Dec 31, 2016 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
Fai said:
BioMaster said:

considering what Nasu did with FGO finale and his statements about DAAs overall it should be ABUNDANTLY clear that he does not give a shit about anything past fate now.

Swagernator said:

Going mainstream and targeting lowest common denominator is not a good thing.

A lot of things tend to grow. Not all of them are beneficial for the whole. Like for example cancer.

Apo is second worst fate work ever written and it is bound to drive off even more intellectual people from the franchise further installing the idea that its worthless.

That's your opinion, and i respect it.
Dec 31, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2015
Not a fan of fate
Still gonna watch it for the action scenes
Dec 31, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2016
All these haters lol,so lame.
Fate is and will always be an awesome franchise,accept it.
Dec 31, 2016 9:43 AM

Feb 2015
the pv looks good. and i have red few chapters from the manga and i think it was great.

>see another fate getting adapted into tv series
>great visual
>getting exited
>see A-1picture...

i don't know how to feel tbh. the pv looks good in my opinion. i mean the visual. it looks badass in my view. but we don't know what will happen in the full tv series....moreover knowing a-1 making it. would be a hit or a miss. i just hope it will be a hit cause there are few badass characters that i want to see in action xD

lol so may haters tho. didn't expect that tbh.
why always bother the people who are liking the show that they think it's shit tho...
i just don't know how they mind works.
Dec 31, 2016 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
Uhhh... my big problem isn't A-1 Pictures honestly with this (because A-1 as a studio is just mediocre, they're not bad, at least theyre not Arms bad), moreso the staff is my big problem of mix bag. The director, as far as I am concerned, only directed one series (which is Charlotte), and it kinda feels mixed. It's not merely his fault for the show but the directing for this was... okay at best? At the very least? Not really sure how to even put it correctly.

Series Composition is the same author which is a plus I guess from there, so maybe perhaps people will get their adaptation working but then again I remembered last time from someone being part of the script but the series weren't still solid.

Music is probably going to be amazing because of the composer, so I'm pretty excited for that honestly.

Hopefully this might turn alright or good, who knows.
Dec 31, 2016 9:56 AM

Jul 2013
KaiserNazrin said:
It's Fate we talk about. That's pretty much assured.
Dec 31, 2016 10:00 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
KaiserNazrin said:

Expect a lot of shitstorms from a lot of people, that can't really be denied (well considering I haven't been into a shit storm here but I have been on Facebook with Fate fans... it's not pretty)
Dec 31, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2012
So many fate anime. I'm happy !!

I can't wait to see Rider of Black. She looks so hot !
Dec 31, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2007
Illyricus said:
KaiserNazrin said:

A "shitstorm" only happens when a good source material gets bad adaptations.
In case of Apocrypha, its so low in quality that it can only be improved.

The only possible shitstorm will be more of people who never read the rest of nasuverse deciding to use Apo as the basis to shit on it.

The very fact that this is directed by the GENIUS who created the messy mess that was Charlotte already speaks miles a bout studio's expectations for quality.
AhenshihaelDec 31, 2016 10:24 AM
Dec 31, 2016 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
Illyricus said:

A "shitstorm" only happens when a good source material gets bad adaptations.
In case of Apocrypha, its so low in quality that it can only be improved.

The only possible shitstorm will be more of people who never read the rest of nasuverse deciding to use Apo as the basis to shit on it.

The very fact that this is directed by the GENIUS who created the messy mess that was Charlotte already speaks miles a bout studio's expectations for quality.

But it isn't his fault for the directing the show though. Personally I found his okay, but not actually anything amazing for his end. At least "okay" is better than "bad" per say honestly. .-.

Also the PV looks nothing spectacular either but it can be more of a fun ride in a sense (by the way I haven't read the source but I'm just looking more at whats showcasing me)
Dec 31, 2016 10:51 AM

Mar 2013
Ah God, we're living now in the Fate-age... FUCK, this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 31, 2016 10:54 AM

Mar 2012
Great. Some characters and the first half of LN is great, so it should have been animated someday.
Also, Apo haters never stop amusing me when they say Apocrypha is bad while their favorite F/SN VN is mediocre at best.
Dec 31, 2016 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
I enjoyed reading F/A even though I generally dislike Fate as a franchise. And I have mixed feelings about this. Obviously A1-Pictures being the choice studio is one problem in mind, but the staff choice is the thing that really bugs me. I am going to have low hopes for this.
Dec 31, 2016 10:58 AM
Jan 2014
Fai said:
Because, let's be frank. Apo is baaaaaaad. The first half is half-decent but the last half is the definition of trainwreck ride.

Have you actually tried to read novels, or you simply believe all those slanders around? Apocrypha is decent. And as anime will definitely work much better.
Dec 31, 2016 11:24 AM
Aug 2015
Even though most of the Fate series are pretty lame, I'm actually really happy about this.
Best trap to be animated, PogChamp
PogChamp
Dec 31, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2007
ukulelembo said:
Fai said:
Because, let's be frank. Apo is baaaaaaad. The first half is half-decent but the last half is the definition of trainwreck ride.

Have you actually tried to read novels, or you simply believe all those slanders around? Apocrypha is decent. And as anime will definitely work much better.

There's absolutely nothing decent about second half of apocrypha.

Apocrypha is like a train. it takes off well enough for a promising journey and then midway through the train operator takes a brilliant logic jump at trying to fuck the train engine, just as the bridge they are about to go through falls apart resulting in the weirdest and most disjointed trainwreck possible.
Dec 31, 2016 11:48 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Adapt ALL the Fate series

Dec 31, 2016 11:58 AM

Nov 2014
Fate franchise just like Gundam is still going strong.
Dec 31, 2016 12:08 PM

Nov 2014
alpha_shadow said:
Glad A1 is making this, would've been a shame if a good studio wasted their time with it. Fate in general doesn't deserve anything worthwhile, but the fandom is so inexplicably large, lol.

Because a lot of people like the premise even for all the flaws of each Fate series well that is how Im a big fan of Fate anyway. Its a fun franchise that always generates discussions and debates that is why up to this day the community is still going strong.
Dec 31, 2016 12:15 PM

Mar 2013
Really, there are just (from the game area) Fate/hollow Ataraxia, Extalla and CCC (though, basically are CCC and Extella almost the same with Extra) what missing from the Anime-Fate-adaptation list, but we could quiet the tea set and await the announcement for...xD But we didn't spoken about the book area from Type-Moon yet, like about Fate/Prototype (Yeah, I know that even this has been adapted, but not as full adaptation...xD)

Hmm... To be honest, I'd really see the announcement: where ufotable finally Mahoutsuaki no Yoru adapting would!
Tenryuu1Dec 31, 2016 12:18 PM
Dec 31, 2016 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
>A-1 Pictures.

Yeah... Can't wait for some QUALITY animation.
Dec 31, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
But if F/A already a PV with anime-appearance/look has, then we could guess that they already at Spring 2017 this air could, or?
Dec 31, 2016 12:28 PM
Aug 2009
Fai said:
ukulelembo said:

There's absolutely nothing decent about second half of apocrypha.

Apocrypha is like a train. it takes off well enough for a promising journey and then midway through the train operator takes a brilliant logic jump at trying to fuck the train engine, just as the bridge they are about to go through falls apart resulting in the weirdest and most disjointed trainwreck possible.
False, most of the fights are still good, the problem is the new harem dynamic and weak leads. Everything outside of them is still fine. v5 is a pretty good show of this, with everything being pretty good until the final fight climax.
Dec 31, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
Tenryuu1 said:
I'd really see the announcement: where ufotable finally Mahoutsuaki no Yoru adapting would!

My life would be complete after that announcement.
Dec 31, 2016 12:38 PM

Mar 2013
Swagernator said:
My life would be complete after that announcement.

Yeah, because it'd me again this Kara no Kyoukai-feeling give...xD

Please God of Animes, make it possible...<3
Dec 31, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2007
Tyrel said:
>A-1 Pictures.

Yeah... Can't wait for some QUALITY animation.

A1 can put out some nice animation and fights when they want to. Grimgar was pretty and SAO had some very well directed fights.
The problem here is that this director is not going to be pulling off any of that considering the resume.

shugosha said:
False, most of the fights are still good, the problem is the new harem dynamic and weak leads. Everything outside of them is still fine. v5 is a pretty good show of this, with everything being pretty good until the final fight climax.

Literally
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
5 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 9 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
9 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.