Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 31, 2016 4:59 AM

Nov 2013
Is this happening in the same universe as the one shown in the ending of Part 6? It may seem to be unlikely because the family tree is different now, but if we think about it, we don't actually know about the family tree of the whole Part 6 crew(Weather Report, Narciso Anasui, Ermes Costello, Jotaro Kujo, Emporio and Jolyne Cujoh) shown in the ending of part 6 in the alternate universe. They can be of totally different families. Part 8 is happening in 2011 and the alternate universe shown in the ending of Part 6 was happening in 2012. So it's possible that we may see Emporio and the whole Part 6 crew of the new universe(Irene, Annakiss, etc.) back in Part 8, right?
In Part 6 the universe was reset by 'Made in Heaven'. And when Pucci died the universe was reset once again. But that was the last time it happened. The universe never got reset again after that.
That means that Part 7 was still talking about the past of that same new universe. It went back in time to narrate what happened in the past in America, but it was still in that universe. And now in Part 8 that we're back to 2011, it's perfectly possible that the author is planning to somehow connect the story with Emporio, Irene, Annakiss, etc. even if only as minor characters.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 31, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2013
it could be possible as Araki could renege on what he stated

they 3 universes are as stated

the original one (the one where Joylne and co died)

the Irene verse (anything involved strictly with Pucci(Foo Fighters) was completely erased and anyone Killed by Pucci in the original verse were recreated into an alt version, everything besides that remained the same)

and the SBR verse which is completely new, which Jojolion is currently running in

so if it were ireneverse there could be no new Josuke/Kira as if it were Ireneverse Kira/Josuke would literally be the same (instead of just references) because Pucci never had any affect on part 4's Josuke/Kira the only thing that Pucci would of impacted on them they would have the alt version of Jotaro in their memories instead of the original

so it would be amazing if that kid is emporio but it's probably just another reference
Dec 31, 2016 8:47 AM

Nov 2013
@StefanHere

I guess that is valid if he really stated that there are three universes, but...

the Irene verse (anything involved strictly with Pucci(Foo Fighters) was completely erased and anyone Killed by Pucci in the original verse were recreated into an alt version, everything besides that remained the same)

I think Araki wasn't so wise for saying that because if one thing changes then there's no way that everything besides can remain the same. By recreating one person you end up recreating the whole society involved with that person because one is influenced and influences the other. The new versions of the part 6 crew are very different from the ones in the original universe. And even if we only consider the change in their names, why was Jolyne named Irene instead of Jolyne in the new universe? There's a reason for it, and it's because her parents had different life experiences that led them to name her Irene instead of Jolyne. And if her parents had different life experiences that also means that the parents of her parents had different life experiences too that led them to lead their children to have different lives... and so on...
The fact that so much was changed in the lives of Kira, Josuke, Johnny, Gyro, Dio, etc. in comparison to their originals, only shows that a lot had to be changed in history only for Jolyne to have her life recreated into a different one. And that's why it's a different universe because really, the whole course of occurrences have to be changed from the very beginning of the "universe" for it to be decided whether I will say 'yes' or 'no' to a simple question, for example. Araki uses a lot the concept of "fate", so I believe he would probably agree with what I'm saying.
It was never explained why SBR universe is completely new like you're saying. It just went from the end of part 6 to the beginning of part 7. The only thing that explains in a "logic" way why the story between Jojo and Dio changed so much is that it had to be changed so that Irene(Jolyne) could have a different fate.
ColtBuntlineDec 31, 2016 8:54 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 1, 2017 2:56 AM

Jul 2013
@pkKodama

Pucci wanted to get to heaven, but since he wasn't at Cape Canaveral time sped up incorrectly and he created a new universe. So since Pucci thought monologuing to Emporio would solve his problems, he was then killed by his Brother's Stand, creating a new universe all of the people in the old universe who died are reincarnated into new form.
from the wiki
As time continues to travel, the universe will hit a "vanishing point", and a new universe will be created, where everything repeats itself, according to "fate".

The Stand's user may then alter the characteristics of the universe and the fates of the people in the recreated universe and create the perfect world they desire. Anyone that is killed by this Stand in the previous universe will not cease to exist, but simply replaced by a similar substitute, though Pucci states that their souls and personalities will have been erased and that they will appear as completely different people.

The fates of the people cannot change unless Pucci himself performs some action that changes them, though Pucci cannot control how his actions change the fates of others.

Nothing was changed expect what Pucci was involved in, no one from other parts expect Jotaro
Jan 1, 2017 3:51 AM

Nov 2013
StefanHere said:

Nothing was changed expect what Pucci was involved in, no one from other parts expect Jotaro

Sorry, but it seems like you really don't get what I mean to say with this:
"if one thing changes then there's no way that everything besides can remain the same. By recreating one person you end up recreating the whole society involved with that person because one is influenced and influences the other. "
If the fate of people who were involved with Pucci changed, then the fate of people who were involved with the people who were involved with Pucci changed too. If the fate of people who were involved with people who were involved with Pucci changed, then the fate of people who were involved with people who were involved with the people who were involved with Pucci changed too. And so on. So yes, everyone from the other parts had their fates changed as well.
― Saint Augustine
Jan 1, 2017 11:12 PM

Jul 2013
pkKodama said:
StefanHere said:

"if one thing changes then there's no way that everything besides can remain the same. By recreating one person you end up recreating the whole society involved with that person because one is influenced and influences the other. "
If the fate of people who were involved with Pucci changed, then the fate of people who were involved with the people who were involved with Pucci changed too. If the fate of people who were involved with people who were involved with Pucci changed, then the fate of people who were involved with people who were involved with the people who were involved with Pucci changed too. And so on. So yes, everyone from the other parts had their fates changed as well.

Made in Heaven effect was not a time-travel butterfly effect thing, it just snapped back to the old universe (when Pucci died and it didn't exist to continue speeding up time) with the remade part 6 crew
Jan 1, 2017 11:51 PM

Nov 2013
StefanHere said:
pkKodama said:

Made in Heaven effect was not a time-travel butterfly effect thing, it just snapped back to the old universe (when Pucci died and it didn't exist to continue speeding up time) with the remade part 6 crew

Yeah, "time-travel butterfly effect thing" is a good definition for what I was trying to explain.
Well, I was trying to rationalize it in a way that seems to be logic to me, but I'm not sure how "logic" works in JoJo, to be honest. There are many other things that don't make sense in Jojo, like the Pucci thing about people knowing their fates and not being able to change it. If I know that I'm going to slip on papers and fall(like the guard did), then I'll evade the papers and I won't fall. That's logic. If I see my future, then my future will change because I saw my future, and that changes everything. And yet in Jojo it doesn't.
So yeah, if Araki said that except for the ones who got killed by Pucci, everyone else remained the same, and that the SBR and Jojolion universe is a completely new one, then I guess I'll just have to take his word for it.
I actually like your theory, since even though we probably aren't going to see Irene and Annakiss anymore in Part 8, at least that means the other characters of the previous parts(Kishibe Rohan, Giorno Giovanna, etc.) are all alive and well in a different universe.
By the way, we shouldn't forget about Funny Valentine's stand. There are infinite universes in the JoJo series.
ColtBuntlineJan 1, 2017 11:59 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 2, 2017 1:22 AM

Jul 2013
@pkKodama

yeah logically it would make more sense that more of the world would be impacted and changed by the recreation of individuals in the world but jojo has its own logical sometimes

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 5 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Oct 31, 2011

14 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 4 Discussion

Rade-chan - Sep 30, 2011

12 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:20 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 3 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jul 19, 2011

28 by Jfile904 »»
Apr 12, 1:08 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 33 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Jun 20, 2014

31 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 6:46 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8: Jojolion Chapter 27 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Dec 19, 2013

22 by Tamamlanmamis »»
Apr 9, 4:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.