Basic Mafia v4: Haruhi Suzumiya Mafia | Game Over - Mafia and Third Party Win

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 54 55 [56]
Jan 10, 2017 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
DenjaX said:
PentaFlare said:
Well, I hosted the Beginners game and got repped out of Favourites during the confirmation stage because I was hospitalized, so neither of those were against me :P

Plus, I rolled scum in Favourites before I was repped out
Wait. You did not host that beginners game. o.o I swear you were town. I don't think I mixed them up. xDD

Also, you were town in Favorites xDD We rekt your replacer.

I hosted the second Beginner's game. The Kancolle one. The one where you and Jack bussed each other and the most ridiculous level ever and convinced Crossbell to vote a townie because of it.

I didn't play in the first Beginner's game so you must be mistaken.

Also, I definitely got a scum role PM for Favourites but since the game hadn't started, maybe something for got changed.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 10, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
Jackrito said:
Mishukax said:

I have to say though, Penta came off as scummy in this x) if it wasn't for my general townread on them they would be a big mafread.

That was a big one in my exp with Penta he would not be controlled by someone and if he was somehow old bot be that emotional about it. The whole thing was overdone and fake this was also before the flip and these posts make it look like he knows they will be town even though he was scumreading tgem. This change of heart is just to put all the blame on someone else

I didn't know what to do. I was happy with how Bursama got hammered by a townie, but I shouldn't feel happy about being manipulated. Needed to say something, so I did cheesy acting.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Jan 10, 2017 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
That was very well written, are there any other articles from mtg that I can read?
Jan 10, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
Soren said:
That was very well written, are there any other articles from mtg that I can read?

Check out the bottom of this post.
Jan 10, 2017 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Crossbell said:
Soren said:

lovely, thanks
Jan 10, 2017 2:49 PM

Nov 2008
Crossbell said:
The entire town got distracted over the claim and as a result they were unable to see that the real scum, PentaFlare, also lied by saying that Denja had a night action when Denja actually flipped vanilla. From our perspective, Penta was caught in a lie and should have been lynched for it. However, due to everyone claiming and everyone lying, he was able to put that under the rug.

I think that's about it?
Are you saying that what I also did has led downfall for town? With all due respect with the article but I think Sonata's strategy was good, imo. Sure, it gives us many setbacks but it provided many interactions and many interactions means many reads to follow. I actually feel like we got closer to the truth despite pulling shenanigans like that. Too bad I got caught off-guard by a Hitman.

Imagine if nobody fake claimed this game, this game would have been very hard for town due to the fact that mafias are nailing power roles left and right. Nothing we could do from that. xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 10, 2017 3:28 PM

Mar 2012
DenjaX said:
Crossbell said:
The entire town got distracted over the claim and as a result they were unable to see that the real scum, PentaFlare, also lied by saying that Denja had a night action when Denja actually flipped vanilla. From our perspective, Penta was caught in a lie and should have been lynched for it. However, due to everyone claiming and everyone lying, he was able to put that under the rug.

I think that's about it?
Are you saying that what I also did has led downfall for town? With all due respect with the article but I think Sonata's strategy was good, imo. Sure, it gives us many setbacks but it provided many interactions and many interactions means many reads to follow. I actually feel like we got closer to the truth despite pulling shenanigans like that. Too bad I got caught off-guard by a Hitman.

Imagine if nobody fake claimed this game, this game would have been very hard for town due to the fact that mafias are nailing power roles left and right. Nothing we could do from that. xDD

Yes, but that whole fake-claim fiasco lead to Sonata getting lynched and giving the mafia a good veil to hide behind. You kept making so much noise that mafia just had to watch from the sidelines while eating popcorn to town to rip itself apart.

Like, instead of spending D3 discussing who is mafia and trying to find out them, you spent D3 trying to figure out Denja vs Sonata (town vs town) mess and who was lying. All that time could've been spent on trying to root out the mafia and maybe you could've actually lynched one there.

tl;dr Don't fakeclaim as town. Ever. (Unless you are like Seppel and/or know what you are doing.)
Count to 30 -victories:

Up to 30: 19 wins | Up to 60: 2 wins | Up to 90: 3 win | Up to 120: 1 win | Up to 150: 1 win | Up to 180:
0 wins | Up to 210: 1 win
Jan 10, 2017 4:01 PM

Nov 2008
Bursama said:
Yes, but that whole fake-claim fiasco lead to Sonata getting lynched and giving the mafia a good veil to hide behind. You kept making so much noise that mafia just had to watch from the sidelines while eating popcorn to town to rip itself apart.

Like, instead of spending D3 discussing who is mafia and trying to find out them, you spent D3 trying to figure out Denja vs Sonata (town vs town) mess and who was lying. All that time could've been spent on trying to root out the mafia and maybe you could've actually lynched one there.

tl;dr Don't fakeclaim as town. Ever. (Unless you are like Seppel and/or know what you are doing.)
What are you talking about? I was never close to being lynched. I was that good at faking lel xDD There was no Denja vs Sonata at all. It was Sonata vs Everybody. I even tried to spare Sonata that phase but the odds were great against him and he never bothered fighting back. He brought it to himself.

If you look back what happened, I even wanted Sonata to lynch Sithis but he didn't. I was wary about Grapefruit not voting yet and also I was being a pussy of staying true to my conviction because I was already lying and I can't risk myself lying again for someone else. xDD

Anyone can fakeclaim if they know what they are doing. We already have instances where vanilla town lynched a mafia by fake claiming cop.
DenjaXJan 10, 2017 4:10 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 11, 2017 2:23 AM

Apr 2014
PentaFlare said:
Jackrito said:

Never trust Penta espically when he claims cop that is his go to fakeclaim.

That or Redirecting Virgin :P

I do use cop as a fakeclaim a lot though, mostly because I roll cop so much as town that I know how to act from a cop mindset. I probably fakeclaim it about as much as I roll it though.

for the record you ever claim virgin in a game with me I will lynch you, I see Virgin as a role that they is little negative in claiming. In a game I joined midway in before I replaced the mayor and lynched 3 scum in a row and one of them was faking Virgin. Not sure why they would since that role holds more benefit dead then alive. It is possible the host messed up Virgin role though not sure if the effect works if lynched. I need to look into it more.

I just remember you fakeclaiming it 3 times lol
Jan 11, 2017 2:33 AM

Apr 2014
PentaFlare said:
logic340 said:
PentaFlare - Town game was too good and I called him our for it, I got the same feeling from Chione in Great Terror and even made the comparison in this (Both scum).

I'm not sure how similar my scum game is to Chione's, but our town games are definitely different. I'm a little crazy while she is still a voice of reason. :P

This is one of them tells I said before as scum you come off as more calculating and knowing what you are doing, this is likely down to the added info and not having to worry about suspecting strong player. When you are town it has more of a nervous vibe to it like you are not sure what approuch to take and it is a lot more scattergun. This is likely why people see you as town more when scum most people will follow confidence because they don't trust themselves and have too much self doubt so will want others to do the work. A high level confidence gives off that aura and leads to easy town reads.
Jan 11, 2017 3:04 AM

Oct 2011
Soren said:
Crossbell said:

lovely, thanks
same here //off to read those
[edit: omg there's a mafia dictionary~ I'm saved]

@DenjaX
hmm I kinda agree with u there. those fake claims were flying all over and Penta joined, so it was pretty scary xD we still managed tho, u switched back to the basics thanks to me talking u out of it N3 >w>
PhrazeJan 11, 2017 3:20 AM

Jan 12, 2017 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
@Mishukax I'm interested to know what your strategy was when you voted logic at the beginning and saying that the reasons for him being scum will come later. My interpretation was that you did something out of the ordinary to see how everyone, and more specifically logic, would react to it to help you gather information.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (56) « First ... « 54 55 [56]

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.