Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2016 2:39 PM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The case was a bit lame, that guy stabbed him because he was humiliated in front of his girlfriend.
That ending though, was interesting, Ai looked a bit like the girl from Sera's hotel room.
Dec 28, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2008
The chef may have not meant any harm, but he had zero tact, and it ended up being a dick move. For a chef that manages a kitchen staff and speaks to dining patrons regularly, you would think he'd have better interpersonal skills to pick up on small details--both in his dishes, and life.

At any rate, this was the final episode of the year. Looking forward to less fillers and more plot progression like this episode had...but that may be asking too much from a show that is this late in the stage.
Dec 29, 2016 3:15 AM
Feb 2009
While the concept of having different testimonies pointing out to the same guy (because of different environnement) was interesting, it really seemed too much of a "coincidence" to be believable.

I mean, how lucky this guy can be ? Running down the stairs and having each time something/someone blocking the views from 3 peoples and affecting their perception thus their testimony ? (Light, basketball player, mannequin...).

Even the adult who were with Ayumi has lost her lenses just one second before seeing the culprit...

Adding the lamest reason to kill someone... And adding the fact the culprit did not get rid of the helium gas tank...

If it was not for the last scene with Haibara, I would have thought it was a filler episode... :(

PS : It seems that for this case, Conan did not need to "use" the Professor to "solve" the case.
Jan 2, 2017 3:30 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah the Chef put him in an embarrassing spot but he didn't deserve to be stabbed over it.
Jan 2, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
Ok episode. Interesting use of lightning to solve the case.
Nice to see that every culprit had an unusual "characteristic", which didn't really add anything to the case, but made you suspect them (unlike latter episodes, where only the real culprit would have this "characteristic", making it easier to figure out who did it).
Jan 3, 2017 4:24 PM

Nov 2012
I'm more happy that they finally changed that horrible ending Savage life.

I don't want to boast, but it was quite clear from 843 that it will have something to do with perception.

The end part with haibara was interesting, and somewhat saved the episode (still hate the detective boys). So what do you guys think? Is Mary Haibara's older sister or someone else?
Jan 14, 2017 4:52 PM

Feb 2016
Ai's sister got killed very early in the Series and I don't think she has another sister unless they would have hided it until now. It could be her mother who also might got shrinked like Ai since she used to work for the Black Organization as well. This would mean that Ai and Sera are somehow connected with each other.
Feb 14, 2017 6:31 AM

Jan 2012
seems mascara helped Conan to remember that girl

Jan 23, 2018 10:48 AM

Mar 2014
Ulquiorra said:

The case was a bit lame, that guy stabbed him because he was humiliated in front of his girlfriend.

WolfWood37 said:
Yeah the Chef put him in an embarrassing spot but he didn't deserve to be stabbed over it.

The culprit himself said that he didn't want to stab the chef and only wanted to scare him, but it escalated. And we are not supposed to hate the chef either. Not all victims are assholes. Besides, there are killers who kill for very petty reasons, so it's not like we have to expect deep motives for every case.

The culprit was very clumsy to begin with, so of course, the case was rather easy to solve. After all, he didn't want to kill anybody.
Jul 16, 2021 2:20 AM
Aug 2020
Woaahh im surprised at the end....I though she might be Marys sister or what but I remembered Haibara only have one older sister. Maybe cousin or what? Just kidding. I have no idea but im curious!
Jul 12, 2022 3:25 AM

Nov 2021
Uhh i think conan just had a clue about the girl... hmmm I'm not sure what might it be tho

Jan 20, 6:43 AM
Sep 2023
I thought the culprit would be him, but not for this reason! I thought he was wearing a reversible hoodie because the inside was a dark grey, and maybe there was a number 2 on the inside.

Ever since the episode where Mary's name was revealed, I've also thought she's Ai's mother, since Ai is half white and Mary seems to be white. Obviously can't be Ai's sister because her sister is dead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1119 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 6

8 by jcadle »»
Apr 14, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1100 Discussion

hai_X_is - Oct 14, 2023

5 by AnimeLover813 »»
Apr 14, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1099 Discussion

hai_X_is - Sep 30, 2023

13 by AnimeLover813 »»
Apr 14, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1098 Discussion

anime-prime - Sep 23, 2023

9 by AnimeLover813 »»
Apr 14, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1120 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 13

1 by teraphIl1000 »»
Apr 14, 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.