Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ajin: Demi-Human
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 28, 2016 1:39 PM
Feb 2015
The manga is not over so will they finish adapting the story down the line?
Dec 29, 2016 1:20 AM

Dec 2013
Most of the season was original so chances of a season 3 are very low.
Dec 29, 2016 1:35 AM

Mar 2015
Blu-Ray and DVDs sold like shit in Japan. Little chance of a third season unless Netflix decides to do something about it.
Dec 29, 2016 6:13 AM

Dec 2014
Doomdoctor said:
Blu-Ray and DVDs sold like shit in Japan. Little chance of a third season unless Netflix decides to do something about it.
By sold like shit you mean the terrible one right? Didn't really expect that at all lol since it seems they went all-outs with the ads, I mean damn they were really trying lol. Websites, ads on every eps, etc. I dunno is this normal or not? I know promoting BDs are normal but my first time seeing promotional this persistent lol. They even created website.

---

Either way it's a shame if they don't tbh. I personally enjoyed it SO MUCH. The ending is still somewhat hanging, and indication that there can be a continuation. I would've given this 10 if the ending was more packed.

"Wielding one's blade out of duty alone is what it means to be a captain. Wielding one's blade out of hatred is nothing more than petty violence. That is not what we would consider battle."
Dec 29, 2016 8:13 AM

Mar 2015
LifeAlpha said:
Doomdoctor said:
By sold like shit you mean the terrible one right? Didn't really expect that at all lol since it seems they went all-outs with the ads, I mean damn they were really trying lol. Websites, ads on every eps, etc. I dunno is this normal or not? I know promoting BDs are normal but my first time seeing promotional this persistent lol. They even created website.

---

Either way it's a shame if they don't tbh. I personally enjoyed it SO MUCH. The ending is still somewhat hanging, and indication that there can be a continuation. I would've given this 10 if the ending was more packed.

Yeah, it sold badly. Surprising considering the manga is really popular. Anime like this are a hit or miss as far as the sales go. And it being CG didn't help it either. Shame really, I liked the anime and it was one of my favorites from this year.
Dec 30, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
After seeing 2nd season. Nagai is just weak and I guess I wouldnt mind a 3rd season but seriously they need to step up more
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2017 3:49 PM

Jan 2016
Guess we all need to wait 7-8 years so they could release another season.

Personally this one was of the few i enjoyed a lot this year idk why its so underrated

Those who forgive themselves,and are able to accept their true nature... they are the strong ones.
Mar 7, 2017 7:50 PM

Jan 2012
Might happen , this year we got new season of natsume and hell girl who would have thought it would happen

hint ending scene

May 13, 2017 9:06 AM

May 2015
It sold horrible, not just the BD/DVD, but all merchandise in general. It didn't really boost the manga as much as expected either. Not to mention the second season didn't even follow the source (it felt like a waste of time, imo).

I'm pretty sure Netflix isn't investing more on this flop unless they feel like loosing more money... Right now they have other investments/projects in hand to worry about that might guarantee them much better results than Ajin (Little Witch Academia (current), Nanatsu no Taizai S2, Fate/Apocrypha, and Perfect Bones).

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
May 13, 2017 9:09 AM

Mar 2017
I hope there'll be a S3, but I have no idea.
May 13, 2017 9:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
zero-r said:

I'm pretty sure Netflix isn't investing more on this flop unless they feel like loosing more money... Right now they have other investments/projects in hand to worry about that might guarantee them much better results than Ajin (Little Witch Academia (current), Nanatsu no Taizai S2, Fate/Apocrypha, and Perfect Bones).

And also the new Yuasa adaptation of Devilman !
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 24, 2017 3:12 PM

Mar 2009
zero-r said:
It sold horrible, not just the BD/DVD, but all merchandise in general. It didn't really boost the manga as much as expected either. Not to mention the second season didn't even follow the source (it felt like a waste of time, imo).

Well, with netflix it could earn so money since it would be aim at western audience. With tv series if 243 mln people would watch this show, buy dvd, watch it on crunchyroll etc. but that don't matter at all since they don't get any money outside of Japan (welcome to Anime industry). They made Blame that was only popular in the west, in Japan this manga almost don't exist.

And yeah, there won't be 3 season. It's polygon, they don't make "Perfect adaptation acording to anime fans" with is 1:1 adaptation, they are doing their own stories.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Sep 10, 2017 5:42 PM

Mar 2010
G_Spark233 said:

You are supposed to mean , ONLY season 2.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2017 5:43 PM

Mar 2010
kok1cha said:
Guess we all need to wait 7-8 years so they could release another season.

Personally this one was of the few i enjoyed a lot this year idk why its so underrated

HAHAHAHAHA......................................................................yeah...it might be that case.
Sep 10, 2017 6:21 PM

Dec 2013
Sebastian333 said:
G_Spark233 said:

I was obviously referring to season 2. This is a season 2 forum.
Sep 10, 2017 6:37 PM

Mar 2010
G_Spark233 said:
Sebastian333 said:

I was obviously referring to season 2. This is a season 2 forum.

hahah forgot about that. Gommennee deku-chan.
I was confused with your sentence "most of the season" as if it also includes s1
Mar 8, 2020 2:43 PM

Jun 2012
Just rewatched this great show. They can't just leave us hanging like that, it needs a sequel.
Shoot first, think never.
Mar 13, 2021 3:44 AM
Sep 2018
no need for another 3D shitshow... it was horrible to watch...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Nov 7, 2021 12:18 AM

Dec 2018
after finishing the manga i dont need a sequel but a proper original adaptation without cgi
Aug 16, 2022 7:54 PM

Aug 2016
the cgi adds so much to this, i'm sure a 2d adaptation would be fine - but they'd never be able to match how creepy the ajin's look with the abrupt fps change between them and the human characters
Oct 21, 2023 9:45 PM
Jun 2023
Quite disappointed with the film ajin part 1 2 3.I thought was a continuation of season 2 which turned out to be just a recap of the episode with a few scenes cut. I really hope for season 3......
Oct 23, 2023 5:04 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to yukiyamayui
Quite disappointed with the film ajin part 1 2 3.I thought was a continuation of season 2 which turned out to be just a recap of the episode with a few scenes cut. I really hope for season 3......
@yukiyamayui I agree with you we need season 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

187 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

58 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 17, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

39 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 15, 1:51 AM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

70 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 13, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Ajin 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

90 by cableguyjay »»
Jan 10, 9:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.