Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 28, 2016 12:59 PM

Dec 2008
As usual, some one have to start it, at least I didn't see a thread about it around or maybe im just blind...

Do we have material for a season 3 or catch up to the manga or how is it?
Dec 28, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2014
This anime is based on a novel (not manga or LN), and the entire main story (3 volumes) has been adapted. The fourth and last volume is a collection of short stories and some of the material there have been snuck into the adaptation.

However, there is a spinoff novel by the same author that focuses on Kumiko's middle school friend Azusa and her school Rikka's marching band, so hopefully KyoAni will decide to adapt that.
Dec 28, 2016 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
There is also spin off series, with Azusa (Kumiko friend from Rikka High School) as a main character http://hibike-euphonium.wikia.com/wiki/Hibike!_Euphonium_Series_Rikka_Koukou_Marching_Band_he_Youkoso_Zenpen
Dec 28, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, no thanks.

Season 1 was really good, season 2 was a let down...I don't want anymore.

@Kyoani....Remember Nichijou?!?

Please do a season 2 of that!!!
Dec 28, 2016 2:42 PM

Feb 2015
As long as the author isn't working on another part of the Novel, there won't be a third season, which is unfortunate.

Dec 28, 2016 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
The novel was licensed by Yen press so we'll be able to read that next year.
Dec 28, 2016 5:18 PM

Sep 2016
JustALEX said:
Yeah, no thanks.

exactly! we need danshi kokousei no nichijou season 2!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 29, 2016 2:57 AM

Dec 2008
Thanks everyone for the info, I don't usually read manga/LN, so I had no idea about it...

I am not sure I am interested in the spin off, but I would have definitively loved an alternative version where reina x kumiko actually happens :P(let the poor man dream)
Dec 29, 2016 10:50 AM

Mar 2013
Well, if Azusa's novel would be adapted sometime, and if the timeline in the novel same were as at the prequel novel of Hibike! Euphonium (from her Junior-High time with Kumiko till to her contest in the Kansai-competition...), then would be the plot of the spin-off novel more or less not really new - just that this times from Azusa's route told would the story. Though, it'd nevertheless interesting to see: Because you could quiet Kumiko and the others again see, in the 2 seasons did 6 times crossed the ways with them (1st season: 1st ep. with Kumiko in her Junior-High, Sunfes, prefecture competition - 2nd season: Before of the Kansai-competition, in the Kansai-competition and in the station-concert). I'd a shot give for...^_^

KyoAni could then (with the author's permission) with some original arcs continue the story, either both's routes (Kumiko's and Azusa's)...xD
Dec 29, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2009
JustALEX said:
Yeah, no thanks.

Nichijou wasn't their propery and flopped because Kadokawa sold it on 13 volumes each with 2 episodes. It will never get a sequel.
Dec 29, 2016 4:23 PM

Dec 2014
Wait.. So that's.. it? I mean, it was a nice end for a season, but for an entire series..?
Dec 29, 2016 6:12 PM

Jun 2008
Corny632 said:
As long as the author isn't working on another part of the Novel, there won't be a third season, which is unfortunate.
I wish he would. I'd like to follow Kumiko all through high school.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 30, 2016 12:12 AM

Jun 2008
bastek66 said:
JustALEX said:
Yeah, no thanks.

Nichijou wasn't their propery and flopped because Kadokawa sold it on 13 volumes each with 2 episodes. It will never get a sequel.

Welp, that sucks.

Of all the KyoAni anime, that's the one IMHO that is the most deserving of a sequel.

Of course haruhi fans will tell you their outdated, completely overrated in every way anime deserves a sequel...

Sure...so KyoAni can troll us again!

Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary remark.
ShockedDec 31, 2016 6:28 PM
Dec 30, 2016 12:20 AM

Feb 2016
sbyrstall said:
Corny632 said:

Yeah she has some potential as a character, but as far as the anime is concerned (I haven't read the novel or any other sources), the story is conclusive and in many ways I'm totally fine with that.

Dec 30, 2016 12:55 AM

Mar 2014
Man, I'm so keen to see Senpai Kumiko, and even Vice President Kumiko.
Dec 30, 2016 2:17 AM

Apr 2015
Season 2 is a disappointment,
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 30, 2016 4:11 AM

Jun 2008
SaucyShamrock said:
sbyrstall said:

Yeah she has some potential as a character, but as far as the anime is concerned (I haven't read the novel or any other sources), the story is conclusive and in many ways I'm totally fine with that.
Same here. It ended on a bitter-sweet high note. Now it's just our imagination as to how her future will go. It ended with the graduation, but continued with walk to sectionals.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Dec 30, 2016 11:27 AM

Dec 2013
You know with a lot of source materials waiting to be animated, Haruhi S3 never happens (there's a lot of reason, I know, no need to remind me, like I havent mourn enough for years), so I doubt they'll bother to make a new snime out of this finished story. Dont get me wrong, I want it as mush as you guys, but let's be realistic here.
Dec 30, 2016 12:16 PM

Nov 2007
Wilhelmina said:
You know with a lot of source materials waiting to be animated, Haruhi S3 never happens (there's a lot of reason, I know, no need to remind me, like I havent mourn enough for years), so I doubt they'll bother to make a new snime out of this finished story. Dont get me wrong, I want it as mush as you guys, but let's be realistic here.

There will most likely be an OVA (a Movie is impossible, but you never know, like they did with K-On!). That's my bet. KyoAni has maintained making a sequel movie or at the very least an OVA for all of their TV series since 2009. The only anime from them that didn't get at least an OVA or a sequel movie are FMP Fumoffu (2002), Kanon (2006) and Munto TV (2009).
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2016 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
I heard that they covered the novels after this season (I haven't caught up to S2 yet honestly) so that would take a long while then to get another one or something. ._.
Dec 30, 2016 12:33 PM

Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
Wilhelmina said:

There will most likely be an OVA (a Movie is impossible, but you never know, like they did with K-On!). That's my bet. KyoAni has maintained making a sequel movie or at the very least an OVA for all of their TV series since 2009. The only anime from them that didn't get at least an OVA or a sequel movie are FMP Fumoffu (2002), Kanon (2006) and Munto TV (2009).

An OVA would be fine, but if it happens, I would like them to focus on Reina since she got the least resolution in the finale. And now that you mention it, the anime would lend itself well to a movie if they cut out the Mizore arc. Don't get me wrong, her arc was very touching, but I think it would make the film too long if properly done.
SaucyDec 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Dec 30, 2016 6:33 PM

Nov 2007
SaucyShamrock said:
shanimebib said:

An OVA would be fine, but if it happens, I would like them to focus on Reina since she got the least resolution in the finale. And now that you mention it, the anime would lend itself well to a movie if they cut out the Mizore arc. Don't get me wrong, her arc was very touching, but I think it would make the film too long if properly done.

Just to be clear, most of the movies they made are sequels instead of a compilation after the series had ended. They already made a movie using the first season, and if they are to make another movie using the second season, they would most likely add a third movie which will be a sequel to it just like they did with Kyokai no Kanata in the recent past with Kako-hen and Mirai-hen. When I said the possibility of a movie, note that I specifically used the word 'sequel' with it. Otherwise if it'd just be a recap movie, there would at least be an OVA just like Team Monaka after season 1 which would be a more likely outcome. Remember that even though they had a movie version of Chuunibyou S1 (basically a recap), they didn't have one for S2, instead we got Rikka Wars. Personally, I am not a big fan of recap movies, so if anything, I would prefer an OVA on anything (even Taki-sensei's past) instead of a recap movie. Although S1 recap movie had some added scenes, most notably in the SunFes matching band competition which had added footage and longer version of the piece, it didn't have the same impact on me as the TV series did. The only other notable bonus was the ending credits where we got to see some nice still shots.

They did make completely anime original Kyokai no Kanata Mirai-hen and K-On! the Movie so there is a chance they they will come to an agreement with Takarajimasha to make an anime original movie, given that how popular it has become and even getting licensed for publication in North America through Yen Press.

The production team didn't hide their passion for Hibike! Euphnoium. They proudly and publicly claimed it to be a franchise they loved working on the most in their career as animators. So, I won't be surprised if a good news come out sometime early next year. It's not a crime to remain hopeful!

Edit: I wanted to say Mirai-hen and not Kako-hen, when I said anime original movie.
shanimebibDec 30, 2016 6:53 PM
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2016 6:47 PM

Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
SaucyShamrock said:

Just to be clear, most of the movies they made are sequels instead of a compilation after the series had ended. They already made a movie using the first season, and if they are to make another movie using the second season, they would most likely add a third movie which will be a sequel to it just like they did with Kyokai no Kanata in the recent past with Kako-hen and Mirai-hen. When I said the possibility of a movie, note that I specifically used the word 'sequel' with it. Otherwise if it'd just be a recap movie, there would at least be an OVA just like Team Monaka after season 1 which would be a more likely outcome. Remember that even though they had a movie version of Chuunibyou S1 (basically a recap), they didn't have one for S2, instead we got Rikka Wars. Personally, I am not a big fan of recap movies, so if anything, I would prefer an OVA on anything (even Taki-sensei's past) instead of a recap movie. Although S1 recap movie had some added scenes, most notably in the SunFes matching band competition which had added footage and longer version of the piece, it didn't have leave the same impact on me as the TV series did. The only other notable bonus was the ending credits where we got to see some nice still shots.

They did make completely anime original Kyokai no Kanata Kako-hen and K-On! the Movie so there is a chance they they will come to an agreement with Takarajimasha to make an anime original movie, given that how popular it has become and even getting licensed for publication in North America through Yen Press.

The production team didn't hide their passion for Hibike! Euphnoium. They proudly and publicly claimed it to be a franchise they loved working on the most in their career as animators. So, I won't be surprised if a good news come out sometime early next year. It's not a crime to remain hopeful!

Right.

Thanks, my bad. I missed the sequel part. I was thinking of re-caps. Though a sequel would be awesome, I'm completely on board for that, even a prequel story with Taki or Kumiko's sister would be interesting.

Jan 6, 2017 9:34 PM

Jul 2008
I don't see a full third season happening, an OVA sounds plausible. Like most series out there, we don't normally get complete anime adaptions even if the novel or manga is complete.
Jan 8, 2017 3:51 PM

May 2012
Season 3's are very rare. Buy the Blu-rays is all you can do to help.
Jan 18, 2017 4:34 AM

Nov 2007
While Takeda Ayano twitted recently that she is considering on the prospect of writing stories beyond Kumiko's first year at Kitauji after receiving tons of fans' letters and emails full of appreciation for her story and affection for her characters (primarily Kumiko, Reina, Asuka and Shuuichi), there is a huge chance that the novel will pick up from where it left off.

But I doubt there will ever be an animated sequel of the story. The best we can hope for is an OVA. On the brighter side, the novel will have official English translation. :)
Coronavirus.
May 30, 2017 5:03 AM

Feb 2016
JustALEX said:
Yeah, no thanks.

Doesn't it just feel like K-ON? Wanting more of the cuteness, slice of life, music, etc. I really hope they do get a season 3 though... Maybe they'll have some new plot for new students......

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

More topics from this board

» Movies

nishant0 - Apr 19

8 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Today, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

287 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 20, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

117 by Jam15 »»
Apr 13, 5:38 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

113 by Jam15 »»
Apr 10, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

217 by ShinigamiGang »»
Apr 1, 7:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.