Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 28, 2016 8:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woo! Pretty intense episode. I think this one was well worth waiting for considering all the buildup that lead to the climatic battle and conclusion.

Hikari proves herself as a valuable member of the team and I did think the fight was impressive. Teamwork!
Stark700Dec 28, 2016 8:56 AM
Dec 28, 2016 10:24 AM

Sep 2015
Brave Witches is average and absolutely lacking, the redeeming point was the appeareance of character from Strike Witches. Slightly sad to say, Strike Witches 1 & 2 + victory arrow + movie are so much better than the Brave Witches. Fans(me one of them) will give Brave witches 6/10 or optimistically 6.5/10, those who don't even like Strike Witches from the start will totally give this 5/10.

Anyway good job Hikari, without a doubt you are the member of Brave Witches. Just like the other Witches series, the fight against last boss is the best and slight intense. And that small gunXD
valvravetruthDec 28, 2016 11:05 AM
Dec 28, 2016 12:50 PM

Nov 2016
Having seen and being a fan of the witches series, I have to say I quite enjoyed this. While it's true, that this isn't strike witches. I hate comparing two different shows to one-another. While it's true that this is the same setting in and story with different characters, it still deserves to stand alone.

I really enjoyed this series and I'll be rating it accordingly. I'm a bit disappointed that it's a "The End" and not a "To be continued." I really want to see more of the witches series, and they set it up for strike witches to come back with the most recent movie. But, after this series I'm also wanting to see another season, or at least a collaboration between the two.

Overall, I didn't find myself skipping along or regretting watching this series at all. I think that the approach is a breath of fresh air from "OP Heroine with extreme amounts of magic" to "Under Powered Heroine who struggles to do basic things". The show plays along with it well, and show cases each of the characters well.

Tl;dr : I hope this isn't the end of the witches series', really enjoyed all of them, and this one as well.

Next up is Noble witches right? :p
PhatalDec 28, 2016 1:00 PM
Dec 28, 2016 3:04 PM

Apr 2010
Judging from the ending we will have an OVA soon.
Anyway it was a nice season i still wonder about the other units tho maybe they will get their own show as well.
Dec 28, 2016 3:31 PM
Mar 2015
There is finland girl in the end with truck and broken unit.. i wonder we will see her again haha
Dec 28, 2016 3:41 PM

Apr 2011
That lucky charm came in handy. Hikari sure has gotten stronger.

Well that was a fun ride. I enjoyed it. But I still prefer Strike Witches. The 501st have more interesting characters. That's why I was happy to see Sasha and Eila again.

7/10. How I wish for more Brave or Strike Witches.
Dec 28, 2016 5:11 PM

Dec 2016
I loved that ending with Hikari & Kanno. To think that little gun played a lot of big roles throughout this series.
Dec 28, 2016 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly, did not enjoy this really at all. I have a special little place for the strike witches series and was excited to have another another series within the same timeline. Alas, this did not do it for me.

Did not like the cast really. I didn't like how it seemed to focus almost soley on the development between Hikari and Kanno for, what feels like, 3/4 of the show. The whole group dynamic felt lost as a result. Battle sequences were decent but less so than what I recall from Strike. Art and animation were definitely worse off. Soundtrack was borrowed from the previous series so good there. So ya, I was sadly bored most of the time. I wanted to like it but the 502nd can't hold a candle to 501st in any regard.
Dec 28, 2016 5:51 PM

May 2015
Gotta say that it was a pretty good finale. It's been a decent watch overall. Gonna miss the girls. 7/10.

Dec 28, 2016 9:33 PM

Oct 2010
The episode's title is ひかり輝いて "Hikari Kagayaite" - the pun on Hikari ("light" - here written as the name rather than the word) is lost in translation to "Shining with Light" :)

I felt that SW series 1, and even to a much lesser extent series 2, got weaker toward their endings. BW was headed that way for a bit with Takami's overzealous protection-abuse, but totally redeemed itself with this episode. That was my favorite climactic battle of the three Witches series so far. Well-done moé military always makes me cry....

Some of us briefly chatted about BW in the CGDCT group comment box chat, and all concurred that Brave Witches > Strike Witches.

8/10

Was nice to recognize the voice of the Navy Admiral at the end - veteran seiyuu Takaya Hashi. Currently voice of Jinko's rugby coach in All Out.
Dec 28, 2016 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
was an overall good season though i did like strike witches better this was still really nice and would love more like an ova and a season 2 or something would be nice
"one step at a time"
Dec 28, 2016 10:56 PM

Mar 2015
Compared to Strike Witches this anime has been completely disappointing. It's too bad too I was looking forward to this show.

5/10
Dec 28, 2016 11:16 PM

Dec 2009
While this show didn't quite have the build up and climax that Strike Witches had, though fortunately the ease of victory can be justified by this nest being quite a bit smaller than the others...

It was a cute little story, and all good fun. Strike Witches was never a franchise to be all that special when it comes to plot, it's more just about the scenarios and the feel of the thing: execution of premise. If there's anything i particularly miss, it's having non-witch characters, like the captain of the Yamato (i wonder where that's at lately), and so on.

There wasn't nearly as much delving into the secondary characters, as this was almost entirely about Hikari. The other witches weren't as stand-out and individual as those in Strike Witches, who were very distinct, and had their own development time and background. But the fact that they're not shovelling the H fanservice quite so much is a good thing.

@nDroae
I don't see how, as most of the characters in Brave Witches weren't given the time of day. In Strike Witches, all of the witches each had their own character-building plot-device Neuroi (as the neuroi were made to be) to overcome.

@IZEROII
I will definitely agree that Brave Witches wasn't as expansive as Strike Witches, but this franchise was only ever about fun and it's premise, so picking it apart too much kinda defeats the purpose.

Wait, 1945? That means later that year is the A-bomb.... Fission bombs vs Neuroi? Now that'd be a spectacle.
GenesisAriaDec 28, 2016 11:23 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 29, 2016 2:23 AM

Jun 2011
The lack of fanservice ironically killed this one. I still prefer the 501'st since they got more individual spotlight. Hopefully a potential S2 would fix this.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Dec 29, 2016 3:42 AM

Jan 2015
Really liked this anime. So many touching scenes... Was 9/10 for me every episode. Glad I watched it...
Dec 29, 2016 4:03 AM

Nov 2011
The showdown, offering only the best in the final, where they finally have the character of Hikari, if slightly forced, shows off "her" skill. Overall, it was a nice ending, although graphically was not flawless. Also this time the catchy soundtrack. Who knows if there will be a sequel, from what we have seen, there is a remote possibility.
If we compare this anime series to that of Strike Witches, the response is negative in some respects, but I have to praise the fact that we wanted to build an anime series, without abusing the fanservice too. A very courageous choice, which should be commended. And I also want to point out, the fact that there have been during the season some narrative ideas, which could be followed in the future. Characters less charismatic than those seen in Strike Witches, but the potential is there, you just have to give it time.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
terrablu2003Jan 5, 2017 5:47 AM
Dec 29, 2016 6:12 AM

Feb 2014
terrablu2003 said:
The showdown, offering only the best in the final, where they finally have the character of Hikari, if slightly forced, shows off his skill.

I think you meant her skill. =P

Anyway, the final fight between the Neuroi nest and the Brave Witches was pretty exciting to watch. Nice teamwork from all of the witches, especially Hikari and Kanno. I should've known that his would've been Hikari's small pistol that would deal the final blow to the nest. ^^;

Thanks to the victorious battle, Hikari has finally become an official member of the Brave Witches, whereas Takami is heading back home to Fuso.

Overall, Brave Witches was fun and all, but it did have its faults. Silver Link did a really nice job with the visuals for the most part, but it let itself down with the animation, mostly in the fights against the Neuroi, Sometimes it was poorly detailed, other times the movements were stiff and awkward to watch, and then the 3D CGI framerate simply lagged itself to death in two scenes which made it look pretty unprofessional.

They got it all spot on in the Operation Victory Arrow OVA's during 2014-15, so it's a bit frustrating that they botch it up here. I will check the Blu-Ray releases to see how much effort they put into fixing their issues. =/

For the characters, their development was good, although at times it felt predictable. Although the lack of fanservice compared to Strike Witches is a slight disappointment, but it did give a more concentrated focus on the story and characters, so I guess what it lost, it also gained thankfully. =)

For me, Strike Witches is better, but Brave Witches can still hold a candle to its counterpart with the characters, soundtrack and at least the visuals as well.

7/10 and I'll be looking forward to watching the special OVA for Brave Witches in the summer. =)
Dec 29, 2016 6:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so we get to the last episode of Brave witches

Wow that was an intense episode but im glad that the battle ended successfully
with a well earned victory.

Figures that the Neuroi would learn to counter the witches abilities
But it does a good job of setting the stage for a sister combo to save the day lol

Man that thing packs such heavy firepower despite being only a factory
Being sisters of course Hikari will know what Takami is going to do
Lol Hikari running across a lake though

Hmm so Takami decided to use that ability of hers then despite the risk
But it was nice to see that she didn't die though due to the timely arrival of the other witches who used their shields to protect her.
Awfully close though

But its nice to see that with the help of the other members of the squadron that Takami was able to use her ability to locate the core and transmit the coordinates to the guns.

But Damm those clouds of that thing is really impressive being powerful enough to defend against such a shell.
Lol the squadron members reaction at seeing Hikari though

Takami's being too modest though
she wasn't supposed to defeat the enemy single handily though
it was supposed to be a team effort after all
But man with both of the heavy siege guns gone now things look grim

Lol Kanno's determination though is really something
The field marshal though is a pretty good commander in realizing the situation is hopeless and ordering a retreat rather than being an idiot and keep attacking

Lol Kanno gets her wish of punching something
Lol but Kanno actually forgot her gloves but good thing Hikari was prepared though.

A pretty ad hoc plan though but the chance of success is not low though and there is a good chance that it might work
Its nice to see that Takami isn't objecting this time as she too realizes that its the only way for victory but Hikari's response though was so like her.

Its nice that we get to see Takami's real feelings about Hikari though
and that she too has faith in her as well
Those words from Edytha about Hikari though was nice to hear

One last charge at the enemy eh
But the lead up to the attack and the attack itself was pretty well done
Seeing all the witches including Hikari use all they have to defeat the nest is really inspiring
Hikari's skills have really improved and come a long way since the beginning

Wow so a shot and a punch was what that ended that nest and that battle eh
But man that was a intense battle that did a great job of showcasing the skills of each of the witches in the squadron.
And at last a victory and a well earned one
Its so nice seeing Takami hug Hikari and finally admit her true feelings for her
that she's so strong now and that she's amazing in her own right

Lol that flying hug of Kanno by Nippa
and Georgette's response as well lol
Lol after that battle they are all break witches

So Hikari is now a full member of the brave witches now eh
its nice to see that she is now accepted by them and at the same time that Takami is also confident in her as well to wish her luck.

Damm but that was a great ending
and an excellent last episode as well
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2016 8:11 AM

Oct 2012
I really enjoyed this show.
Compared this with Strike Witches, Brave Witches is completely different.

Unlike Strike Witches, Brave Witches more focused to the main character Hikari and how she always tryin hard to reach her sister, so we can't really see significant development from other characters.

Unnecessary pantyshot and oppaishot also lower rate than Strike Witches, good for me eventough some people watch to expect this kind of things.

I hope there'll be second season so we can see other characters develop and see more dramatic story.
Anime List
Dec 29, 2016 4:29 PM

Oct 2013
I ended up re-watching 11 and 12 together to get the full effect of the battle. I'll give this series an 8/10. Overall some nice action and I grew attached to the characters, though mainly with Hikari, Nipa, and Kanno since they were the focus of the show.

I hope the franchise continues on.
Dec 29, 2016 10:46 PM
Mar 2012
2ep nest battle was good. Some proper tactics met with failures gave much needed tension & uncertainty, since was predictable Hikari always comes back somehow.
Lots of princess carries, lol oneesan carried by several witches just cuz. It's refreshing how fanservice isn't overplayed despite the outfits.
Show started 4/10 with annoying dont-accept-u-noob witches, and boring enemy zakos. It really improved to maybe 6/10 with Hikari training arc, some heartwarming eps, Polarbear girl's backstory & cool Tachikoma+Shapeshifter combo enemy, adapting to warfare changes & makeshift weapons. Oneesan was annoying but last war made up for it.
CG isn't bad per se, but they should really use 2d with face closeups & stills since those look very awkward. Some battles weren't exciting, might be choreography, cg, camera or all of it might need better planning, since aerial battle isn't easy to plan.
gophercgDec 29, 2016 10:49 PM
Dec 29, 2016 11:21 PM

Feb 2012
I want to point out that the final fight in these last two fights has been one of the best constructed final fights I have seen in an anime. That's not to say it is the most visually appealing, but that the fight works because it uses concepts and techniques that were established throughout the series. All the challenges in the fight were overcome in ways that we've seen before. The only new thing was how Kanno got a magic infused glove, but it wasn't much of a stretch.

While Strike Witches looks better and has much better characters, I found that I like Brave Witches much more. The central theme of trying hard even though you know your the least capable worked extremely well in a story telling sense and a meta sense. It was clear from the beginning that Hikari was never going to be more capable than the witches in the 502nd, and that Brave Witches was never going to be a more capable anime than Strike Witches. Hikari dreamed of just being able to fight with her sister, and it seems pretty clear that Brave Witches desired to be worthy of standing side by side with Strike Witches. Both Hikari and Brave Witches focused its energy on the things that it could do well, and I consider both to be successful in that regard. Both believed in themselves, and in doing so made me believe in them. It also helps if some luck is involved, especially a lucky gun charm.
Dec 30, 2016 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
Kanno's hand glows with an awesome power. It's burning grip tells her to destroy the Grigori nest! SHINING FINGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

Really enjoyed this series, 8/10
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 30, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2014
That finale was decent at best. And the show was pretty enjoyable.
Anyway, I'll rate this a 6 (or 7) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 31, 2016 5:13 AM
Nov 2011
After seeing Strike Witches 1 + 2, + OVA's + the Movie + Operation Victory Arrow literally a month before Brave Witches released, I have to say that Brave Witches performed EXACTLY like Strike Witches season 1. It's actually almost uncanny how similar they were. All in all though... the series has a thumbs up for me, and I'm totally looking forward to the season 2 (hopefully). 8/10.

That being said I was surprised in the end to see Aurora... that really came out of nowhere. I wonder what it means if it means anything at all.
Dec 31, 2016 11:30 AM

Jun 2013
that wasn't really that bad
Dec 31, 2016 7:44 PM

Oct 2008
Predictable end.
Hikari Contact magic eye and Kanno for the finisher but actually the true finisher would still be Hikari!
Hikari officially became a member of 502nd!
3/5.
7/10.

Jan 1, 2017 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
>all those CG models straight out of a PS2 game
>an 8cm AP shell that should fly 720 m/s flying like a hundred km/h
>this https://i.imgur.com/pDSwEMb.png
>that Liberator cop out

Season two hopefully never, 6/10

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/4649202/ my Strike Witches fanfiction
Jan 2, 2017 1:46 PM

Feb 2013
Good show, cute and shit, but I liked strike witches more.

7/10
Jan 4, 2017 10:36 AM
Oct 2011
Way better than Strike Witches. 6/10
Jan 4, 2017 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
I really like this and not really one to rate stuff but would probably give this a good 7 or 8/10.

A quick note to make - This starts September 1944 after Strike Witches destroy the Neuroi Nest above Gallai. It finishes in March 1945 - Late in Spring Sakamoto Mio and Miyafuji Yoshika head back to Europe (beginning of Strike Witches 2).

So from what I can tell the continuity is currently;
Strike Witches (OVA bout half way (3 months) into it)
Brave Witches
Strike Witches 2
Strike Witches Movie and Opertation Victory Arrow happen simultaneously (Movie starts 2 month after 2nd season whilst 1st part of Victory Arrow starts 6 months after (god the movie seems to stretch out over a long period it seems))

Jan 5, 2017 6:05 AM

Nov 2011
Meta_Yoshi said:
terrablu2003 said:
The showdown, offering only the best in the final, where they finally have the character of Hikari, if slightly forced, shows off his skill.

I think you meant her skill. =P

Anyway, the final fight between the Neuroi nest and the Brave Witches was pretty exciting to watch. Nice teamwork from all of the witches, especially Hikari and Kanno. I should've known that his would've been Hikari's small pistol that would deal the final blow to the nest. ^^;

Thanks to the victorious battle, Hikari has finally become an official member of the Brave Witches, whereas Takami is heading back home to Fuso.

Overall, Brave Witches was fun and all, but it did have its faults. Silver Link did a really nice job with the visuals for the most part, but it let itself down with the animation, mostly in the fights against the Neuroi, Sometimes it was poorly detailed, other times the movements were stiff and awkward to watch, and then the 3D CGI framerate simply lagged itself to death in two scenes which made it look pretty unprofessional.

They got it all spot on in the Operation Victory Arrow OVA's during 2014-15, so it's a bit frustrating that they botch it up here. I will check the Blu-Ray releases to see how much effort they put into fixing their issues. =/

For the characters, their development was good, although at times it felt predictable. Although the lack of fanservice compared to Strike Witches is a slight disappointment, but it did give a more concentrated focus on the story and characters, so I guess what it lost, it also gained thankfully. =)

For me, Strike Witches is better, but Brave Witches can still hold a candle to its counterpart with the characters, soundtrack and at least the visuals as well.

7/10 and I'll be looking forward to watching the special OVA for Brave Witches in the summer. =)

Thanks for pointing out the error. * She, is sprinkled with ashes, her head *

I agree with the fact that the characters are a little predictable, perhaps they have not had the necessary characterization, which would make them less stereotyped. The lack of fanservice, it was good, has shown that this kind of anime, does not necessarily need this accessory. Especially after he showed some points not yet well developed in the story, for example, such as mechanized infantry, just to name a few.
Anyway I hope the Silver Link, come back to do a decent job with BD.
Jan 6, 2017 8:15 AM
Jun 2013
Nice finale, and an enjoyable series. Would like at least an OVA series to continue the Brave Witches story, though the ending segment allows for some sort of parallel story telling to happen between Hikari with the 502nd and Takami with the 508th Mighty Witches in the Atlantic.
Jan 8, 2017 9:22 AM
Jul 2008
1. How come after defeating the Neuroi, they land just in front of Takami?
2. I forgot about the Strike Witches story. Why did Yoshika not recognized in Fusou? Wasn't she quite famous? Why only Mio was recognized?
3. Overuse of 3DCG made some scene feels off. There're scenes like flying horizontally across the cloud but they use 3DCG for that. I can understand if they use 3DCG for animation like maneuvering but for around 2 seconds simple animation it feels really weird..
4. Did they not have night patrol team like 501st? Is that mean their area is safe enough for them to sleep?
5. Why did they not tell Hikari that Takami already wake up? Hikari mentioned that she did not receive any news about her sister in one episode..
overall a decent series..
LeonLanfordJan 8, 2017 5:20 PM
Jan 8, 2017 11:12 AM

Oct 2011
Hikari/Kanno still my OTP.
Jan 10, 2017 1:25 AM
Nov 2011
LeonLanford said:
2. I forgot about the Strike Witches story. Why did Yoshika not recognized in Fusou? Wasn't she quite famous? Why only Mio was recognized?
3. Overuse of 3DCG made some scene feels off. There're scenes like flying horizontally across the cloud but they use 3DCG for that. I can understand if they use 3DCG for animation like maneuvering but for around 2 seconds simple animation it feels really weird..
4. Did they not have night patrol team like 501st? Is that mean their area is safe enough for them to sleep?
5. Why did they not tell Hikari that Takami already wake up? Hikari mentioned that she did not receive any news about her sister in one episode..

1. Can't answer cause I haven't seen the final episode in awhile. Probably the likely answer is for plot purposes.

2. Yoshika didn't really play that big of a part in season 1. Yes she did technically destroy the neuroi ship thingy with her striker unit, but it was only in Strike Witches s2 where she made a big impact and her powers were more refined. Then obviously in the Strike Witches Movie she was more well known. Mio was already a well established and famous Witch, Yoshika was just an upstart. Really we can only assume that Joint Fighter Wings were only established shortly after the Strike Witches victory. We saw other JFW in S2, which gave us all hints they intended to expand the universe.

3. Yeah the CG was quite bad at times, but sometimes it was actually pretty unnoticeable/decent. Either that or I got used to it... but I doubt it because it was very bad.

4. They did, well there isn't a "night witch patrol" team per se, but rather just a Night Witch. Shimohara was the night witch and they said that since the very beginning. Her special ability to be able to see things at a distance is why she works the night shift.

5. If I recall it was because it was only known to the higher ups. AKA: Aleksandra, Rall, and Robmann. Why they didn't tell everyone, my guess is probably because Rall suspected that there would be some problems with Takami and Hikari, but I can't say for certain. It could just be the same as your question at #1.
Jan 10, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2008
nosef said:
LeonLanford said:

1. Can't answer cause I haven't seen the final episode in awhile. Probably the likely answer is for plot purposes.

2. Yoshika didn't really play that big of a part in season 1. Yes she did technically destroy the neuroi ship thingy with her striker unit, but it was only in Strike Witches s2 where she made a big impact and her powers were more refined. Then obviously in the Strike Witches Movie she was more well known. Mio was already a well established and famous Witch, Yoshika was just an upstart. Really we can only assume that Joint Fighter Wings were only established shortly after the Strike Witches victory. We saw other JFW in S2, which gave us all hints they intended to expand the universe.

3. Yeah the CG was quite bad at times, but sometimes it was actually pretty unnoticeable/decent. Either that or I got used to it... but I doubt it because it was very bad.

4. They did, well there isn't a "night witch patrol" team per se, but rather just a Night Witch. Shimohara was the night witch and they said that since the very beginning. Her special ability to be able to see things at a distance is why she works the night shift.

5. If I recall it was because it was only known to the higher ups. AKA: Aleksandra, Rall, and Robmann. Why they didn't tell everyone, my guess is probably because Rall suspected that there would be some problems with Takami and Hikari, but I can't say for certain. It could just be the same as your question at #1.

2. Yoshika was quite famous when she returned to her hometown, if I remember correctly she was promoted at that time because of her accomplishment? Isn't Brave Witches story started after the 501st destroyed neuroi base and Yoshika went back to Fusou? That's why I don't understand why no one recognized her.

4. Sorry, I don't not remember her saying that. She seems to always available at morning making everyone's breakfast, and I don't really remember if someone mentioned about night shift unlike in Strike Witches.

5. Considering everyone knows how Hikari worried about Takami, I don't see why her waking up was considered 'top secret'. She traveled from Fusou for more than 3 weeks, I just don't understand why Hikari was not told about it during that long time.
Jan 11, 2017 2:41 AM
Nov 2011
LeonLanford said:
nosef said:

2. Yoshika was quite famous when she returned to her hometown, if I remember correctly she was promoted at that time because of her accomplishment? Isn't Brave Witches story started after the 501st destroyed neuroi base and Yoshika went back to Fusou? That's why I don't understand why no one recognized her.

4. Sorry, I don't not remember her saying that. She seems to always available at morning making everyone's breakfast, and I don't really remember if someone mentioned about night shift unlike in Strike Witches.

5. Considering everyone knows how Hikari worried about Takami, I don't see why her waking up was considered 'top secret'. She traveled from Fusou for more than 3 weeks, I just don't understand why Hikari was not told about it during that long time.

2. Yoshika wasn't promoted. She was only promoted during the movie to a Pilot Officer, she was a Sergeant both seasons. Also she was only "popular" around the nearby naval base because she visited them and helped out. She only became well known to all the other Witches at the end of season 2 of Strike Witches.

4. It's a common trait that almost all night witches have a radar/antenna. Shimohara is actually one of the few rare abilities where she has long distance sight (similar to Mio Sakamoto), except her special ability allows her to see night as day. If a season 2 is announced we'll probably see her in night combat.

5. I didn't mean that it was top secret, obviously it would be announced first to the commanding officers and then they will relay the information to the others. Rall, Aleksandra and Edytha most likely wanted to keep it a secret because they figured there would be problems between Takami and Hikari, but I'm just guessing at this point and like I said it could entirely just be because it's similar to #1, AKA: Plot Purposes.
Jan 11, 2017 4:53 AM
Jul 2008
nosef said:
LeonLanford said:

2. Yoshika wasn't promoted. She was only promoted during the movie to a Pilot Officer, she was a Sergeant both seasons. Also she was only "popular" around the nearby naval base because she visited them and helped out. She only became well known to all the other Witches at the end of season 2 of Strike Witches.

4. It's a common trait that almost all night witches have a radar/antenna. Shimohara is actually one of the few rare abilities where she has long distance sight (similar to Mio Sakamoto), except her special ability allows her to see night as day. If a season 2 is announced we'll probably see her in night combat.

5. I didn't mean that it was top secret, obviously it would be announced first to the commanding officers and then they will relay the information to the others. Rall, Aleksandra and Edytha most likely wanted to keep it a secret because they figured there would be problems between Takami and Hikari, but I'm just guessing at this point and like I said it could entirely just be because it's similar to #1, AKA: Plot Purposes.

2. I think I need to rewatch Strike Witches again.. I was under impression that Yoshika was already retired and went back to Fusou(she was nursing Takami?), so by that time she should've already been well known?

4. Isn't Mio's power similiar to Karibuchi sisters? Ability to find the Neuroi's core? Sorry if i'm wrong, I don't really remember. Rather than season 2 of Brave Witches, I prefer collaboration between Witches series though.
Jan 11, 2017 8:51 PM

Aug 2013
LeonLanford said:
nosef said:

2. I think I need to rewatch Strike Witches again.. I was under impression that Yoshika was already retired and went back to Fusou(she was nursing Takami?), so by that time she should've already been well known?

4. Isn't Mio's power similiar to Karibuchi sisters? Ability to find the Neuroi's core? Sorry if i'm wrong, I don't really remember. Rather than season 2 of Brave Witches, I prefer collaboration between Witches series though.

4. Mio's Magic Eye = long distance + core spotter.

BTW, 501st & 502nd were established in 1943, while 507nd was a proto-JFW.
Jan 12, 2017 7:25 AM

Mar 2015
Yup that was an intense conclusion, but glad that it was Hikari who played the biggest part. Who'd have guessed that that bullet would be so important?

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 16, 2017 2:33 AM
Nov 2011
LeonLanford said:
nosef said:

Sorry about the late reply, I don't hop on MAL that often.

2. My guess is that Mio had some pull in recommending Takami to go to Miyafuji. Takami did express knowing Mio in the beginning of the series, so that's the only explanation I can think of.

4. Mio's power is similar to the sisters, but from what I remember she isn't able to maintain it for a long time. My guess is since she herself was more of a *direct* fighter similar to Hikari she was able to discern the location of the core and then speedily end the fight. Takami and Hikari both have accurate readings on where the core is and can also maintain their power for as long as they want it seems. Also as ernie simplified it she can basically see long distances + spot the core essentially (for a short duration). Shimako's power is she can see long distances and see clearly at night. Whether she sees further than the sisters or Mio isn't really known yet.
Jan 16, 2017 12:28 PM

May 2012
Impressive conclusion and what an intense finnish! Really lovely character and story development in general I must say. Especially these last couple of episodes were just great!

All in all I quite liked this sidestory, it sure was lovely to see some characters from the main series as well, so a pretty good side story in general!
Jan 27, 2017 10:13 AM

Jul 2009
I am glad it worked out in the end! I wonder why Takami could not stay with all the others.
Apr 10, 2017 3:46 PM
Sep 2009
Not entirely sure why people are hating on this. My memory is wage but I don't remember SW to be that much deeper plot wise. At least Hikari is not a Mary Sue cause that really killed it for me in SW.

BW wasn't amazing but I think solid 7 works for it.
May 26, 2017 1:56 AM

Dec 2010
Literally Chekhov's Gun, lol.
Sep 13, 2018 7:00 AM

Mar 2016
This was pretty solid Had a strong start, helped along by Hikari who was a great protagonist, much more interesting and sympathetic than Miyafuji (Hikari's line about serving with the 502nd until she died was very memorable and I think it illustrated how her character is both determined yet not entirely shielded from reality)., The 502nd girls were also great. The only real problem was a lack of organic interactions among the supporting cast and some of the writing felt a little too obvious. I liked Rall a lot, and contrary to what I just said I think keeping her mysterious made her more interesting to watch. I'd like to see another season about the 502nd for sure.

syncrogazerSep 13, 2018 8:24 AM
Dec 21, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
Well, as in the previous episode and in this one here, to think of defeating the enemy immediately, without even tribulating a little, was unthinkable. Quite interesting and engaging the narrative, the battle went on a lot, but it wasn't boring. Drawings and CG not up to expectations and a anime series that deserved more from this point of view. This anime series has been a lost opportunity, this is the only regret that I feel I can express. However, I remain a fan of this saga.

My vote for TV version is 7/10.
Mar 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Apr 2013
New characters, old concept. Tbh after watching three seasons I don't even see the pantyshots anymore. Either that or this season had less fanservice than the other two. 5/10
Nov 11, 2020 8:07 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, its over! Hikari used everything she had to fights againts those Grigori nest directly to its core, without fear. As expected as a Brave Witches unit, she overcome every burden, and shines more than the lights above Orussian sky! Oh wow. What a solid end, they were all never surrender until their last try! And Hikari showed how great her progression from the first episode. Darn, what a brave girl!

I might think these series had a better term of story telling with a well written script, especially with that last attack scene. By using a shatter magic bullet from Dora and Gustav, combined it to Kanno gloves, and used it as a punch to destroyed the real core inside the core. Then when they still failed, Hikari suddenly used the handgun that Waltrud gave in the previous episode. Hikari shot the core, by injected her magic within the bullet on that handgun, to strengthened the effect. And its actually succeeded! Yes! I am proud with the plan, and its really deserved more love, at least from me xd.

Left aside the animation that looks over the place, its actually kinda enjoyable. Not much ecchi, thou. But, its fine since the story really satisfied me in the end. Well, i might not using any long sentence to solidified my score. As long as i am satisfied with the ending story with a solid end, and a well written scenarios, i can easily take the series on to my 9. However, since i am still respected the main series, so i might ended up my score at 8/10, using the art and animation failure as a blame to reduced my points. Lol. Thats it for me!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do I have to see Strike Witches before Brave Witches?

BroskiKyoujin - Oct 5, 2016

13 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

57 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:00 AM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:55 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2016

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:31 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2016

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.