Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Ballroom e Youkoso' Gets Anime Adaptation for Summer 2017

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 29, 2016 6:24 AM

Sep 2013
Looking good, fam. Gonna give it a shot for sure.
Dec 29, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
Gonna be animated by I.G now? This must be good.
But I don't like ballroom at all. if only it's hip hop.
Maybe I'll watch if it's like 3 gatsu no Lion (shogi), that it's just the theme.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 29, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2015
EasyGo-er said:
Hongu said:
It's been confirmed to be done by Production IG.
I haven't read the manga though I've heard about it for a while, mostly good things. Seems interesting enough.

Yep. Was about to post it here:

Staff

Director : Yoshimi Itazu
Character Design : Takahiro Kishida
Screenplay : Kenichi Suemitsu
Music : Yuuki Hayashi
Studio : Production I.G

Really great news. I.G is my favorite studio right now and they're really consistent in their animation quality so this kinda get my hopes up. Plus the music is done by Hayashi Yuuki so this is pretty high up on my radar for the Summer season.
How is Production I.Going to handle This, Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake,Kuroko no Basket Movie, FlCL 2 and 3, Atom and MAYBE Pre/Early-Production for Haikyuu 4?
Sup...
Dec 29, 2016 10:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
PRODUCTION I.G.? YES!
Dec 29, 2016 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
SenpaiJay98 said:
EasyGo-er said:

Yep. Was about to post it here:

Staff

Director : Yoshimi Itazu
Character Design : Takahiro Kishida
Screenplay : Kenichi Suemitsu
Music : Yuuki Hayashi
Studio : Production I.G

Really great news. I.G is my favorite studio right now and they're really consistent in their animation quality so this kinda get my hopes up. Plus the music is done by Hayashi Yuuki so this is pretty high up on my radar for the Summer season.
How is Production I.Going to handle This, Legend of the Galactic Heroes remake,Kuroko no Basket Movie, FlCL 2 and 3, Atom and MAYBE Pre/Early-Production for Haikyuu 4?

Production IG is a big studio. They can handle it.
Dec 29, 2016 12:58 PM

Jul 2011
Production IG? Seriously? HYPE!!!

And they're doing the LotGH remake too? Wow, maybe I shouldn't be dreading it so much then. :O
Dec 29, 2016 5:34 PM

Jul 2011
fuck yeaah I'm ready!
Dec 29, 2016 8:08 PM

Jul 2015
Oh.my.god.

I've been waiting for this!
Bring my favorite ballroom squad to life!

Dec 30, 2016 8:58 PM

Apr 2013
I was planning on picking up the manga it seems to be very good. Production I.G hell yeah!
I'm looking forward this!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2016 3:36 AM

Sep 2007
ichii_1 said:
Cool, hope Sesuji wo Pin! gets adapted too.

Same for me !
In same time, do the mange returned or not ?
Dec 31, 2016 5:53 PM

Sep 2013
ShiroiRyu said:

In same time, do the mange returned or not ?

Yes, youkoso manga is coming back from hiatus jan 6.
Jan 1, 2017 3:50 AM

Jul 2016
looks interesting, kinda unusual to me, gonna watch this
Jan 1, 2017 6:36 AM

Sep 2007
ichii_1 said:

Yes, youkoso manga is coming back from hiatus jan 6.

Yey ...
Finally after near a year.
Jan 1, 2017 8:42 PM

Jul 2015
Wait
Lowkey excited for this because the manga seems really good but it's not complete yet and I have this weird thing where I don't like to read incomplete manga
Yay!
Jan 6, 2017 8:04 PM
Aug 2015
Wow like I just found out about this amazing manga couple weeks ago and now is getting an adaptation? I'm so hype right now.
Jan 9, 2017 8:08 PM
Aug 2016
Stark700 said:
The February 2017 issue of Monthly Shounen magazine, which goes on sale on January 6, 2017, will announce that manga Ballroom e Youkoso (Welcome to the Ballroom) will receive an anime adaptation.

Synopsis
Fujita has drifted through middle school aimlessly, unable to find friends or anything that can hold his attention. Then, one day, he's attacked by a gang and saved by a mysterious man. But this isn't a karate master; it's a ballroom dance instructor! Reluctantly, Fujita takes a few beginner's classes, only to find his inspiration... an entrancing, teenage dance prodigy named Shizuku. It's Fujita's first step into the high-octane world of competitive dance! (Source: Kodansha Comics USA)

Ballroom e Youkoso is drawn by Tomo Takuchi and began publishing in Monthly Shonen Magazine in November 2011. Kodansha published eight volumes as of October 2015. The series was nominated for the 6th and 8th Manga Taisho Awards in 2013 and 2015, and placed ninth in the male readers category in 2013 edition of "Kono Manga ga Sugoi!" Kodansha Comics USA released the second volume in English in November of this year.

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Yaraon

Ballroom e Youkoso on MAL
Stark700 said:
The February 2017 issue of Monthly Shounen magazine, which goes on sale on January 6, 2017, will announce that manga Ballroom e Youkoso (Welcome to the Ballroom) will receive an anime adaptation.

Synopsis
Fujita has drifted through middle school aimlessly, unable to find friends or anything that can hold his attention. Then, one day, he's attacked by a gang and saved by a mysterious man. But this isn't a karate master; it's a ballroom dance instructor! Reluctantly, Fujita takes a few beginner's classes, only to find his inspiration... an entrancing, teenage dance prodigy named Shizuku. It's Fujita's first step into the high-octane world of competitive dance! (Source: Kodansha Comics USA)

Ballroom e Youkoso is drawn by Tomo Takuchi and began publishing in Monthly Shonen Magazine in November 2011. Kodansha published eight volumes as of October 2015. The series was nominated for the 6th and 8th Manga Taisho Awards in 2013 and 2015, and placed ninth in the male readers category in 2013 edition of "Kono Manga ga Sugoi!" Kodansha Comics USA released the second volume in English in November of this year.

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Yaraon

Ballroom e Youkoso on MAL

yay.... i really enjoy this.
“If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up.”
― Dorothy Gambrell @ Jio TV
Jan 10, 2017 5:48 AM

Nov 2013
so much hype, even if they completely butcher the story (kinda hard to do it's very straight forward) the animation alone would probably be worth the watch
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
2 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.