Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion

Apr 23, 2017 7:18 PM

I don't want to say goodbye to this series!

cya until S3!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU

Apr 25, 2017 10:27 PM

Well, I've seen more satisfying conclusions. I still don't know if this is supposed to be a series finale, or if there will be more adaptations.

Really, the only things that stood out to me were the heartfelt goodbyes, especially how much Kumiko was missing Asuka.

Reina's arc concluded exactly the way I didn't want it: half-assed. She didn't get to try confessing again.

In the end, I went into the series expecting some of the "most human characters" (as the Pedantic Romantic put it), and I was mostly satisfied with what I got. I might watch sequels if they come out.

Kumiko was definitely an interesting character to follow, and I'll certainly remember her journey. Even some of the individual band members became important to me, if only for the duration of the show.

May 26, 2017 9:02 AM
Was very enjoyable, nicely directed, rather great soundtrack, superb animation.. though it would have been better if this was longer and more detailed into each characters.

It has been quite some time for me to enjoy some highschool/slice of life setting as much as this, ever since tari-tari. Solid 8 ~ 9 /10 from me

May 28, 2017 6:50 AM

Me finishing Eupho so late is a such a disgrace

Still really professionally done, imperious acting, art, mise-en-scene. All the biggest strengths of S1 all on board
Not quite as good as S1 though
Felt unfocused at times, the girls seemed petty at some points- thus the drama was a bit disappointing, the main arc was not to my taste(I still dislike Asuka)
Thus didn't really have the pull S1 had. 7/10

...and also cos I'm a NL fag. Fucking hell...

Jun 18, 2017 12:46 PM

I hated how dumb and melodramatic this season was, how anticlimactic everything ended up being. I enjoyed season 1, but I really hated season 2 from around after episode 6 and how it focused on these literally who characters instead of focusing on our main cast from season 1. Dumb melodrama, dumb writing, but it's to be expected from a light novel.

3/10 since the animation was still nice and I didn't hate the entire show.
:3

Aug 21, 2017 4:30 AM
This was so goddamn motherfucking gooooooooooooooooood!!!....

Oct 5, 2017 8:34 AM
TsundereHeart said:
finished with this season. pretty satisfying imo

early on i thought some of the drama was kinda irrelevant but later on it didn't bother me as much.
the later arcs (like reina's, asuka's) i liked much more though

tfw last episode has more playing than nationals.
well I guess it makes sense since they missed their goal at nationals by a decent bit, and the graduation is pretty important

also i know kumiko is supposed to get with shuuichi but wow this anime doesn't highlight it at all. what's his selling point?
even though it's just kyoani yuribait reina would go with kumiko so much better lmao

last episode was p. sad, with everyone leaving and all.
i would probably be interested in another season if there was one. though idk how much more source material there even is ._.

There's no selling point because his character was demoted from being a major character in the novels. In the anime he feels like an extra unlike the novels.

Nov 3, 2017 2:22 PM

I see now Yuko is the president she does deserve it considering how opinionated she was and Natsuki is vice to support her, as suggested by Asuka. Loved the performance their gave to the senpais infused with flashbacks from the previous season, almost got emotional. The goodbye Kumiko gave Asuka was heartfelt and her giving Kumiko that note was like passing a torch to her.

I loved this anime and this ending felt like an ending but I would've loved if they did win gold at that competition, but I guess the writer felt the audience wouldn't be interested in the sequel if he wanted to continue.A great sounding 9/10. See you in 2018 for the movie.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Nov 27, 2017 12:55 AM

Were much more drama based than first season, reason why I did give better score. Only thing I liked more on first season were opening :D

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"

Feb 18, 2018 2:37 AM

Nice ending which gave a sound meaning to the series' name sake. Still think season 1 was better in terms of drama : music.

They've hinted at a second shot at nationals + Gold however I'm not sure how I'll feel about a potential season 3 considering how big of a role the 3rd years played in the series. It's hard to imagine a plot line without them + a movie wouldn't do another shot justice.
Modified by Prim3, Feb 18, 2018 2:45 AM
~

May 23, 2018 4:40 PM

Wasn't expecting that saying goodbye to this show would hit me so hard.

Well,overall I think that I liked S1 a bit more,but some scenes at the end of this were pretty great and striking.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

May 26, 2018 8:21 AM

kumiko you slut what about reina huh

I love this series so much, I can't wait for the sequel movie...

[color=red]Winter 2016 is actually pretty shit.[/color

Aug 19, 2018 2:03 AM

Good show but unbearably melodramatic at points, which is why i prefer K-on to this. Looking forward to the movie though.

7/10

Sep 18, 2018 7:27 PM

A well done and believeable wrap-up of the show, as they didn't win the competition and other little things. And a slight to medium improvement over season 1 due to more character development and, most importantly, putting the biggest focus on Asuka, as she seems to be the most interesting person out of the bunch.
Leaving all the introduction of season 1 helped as well, that left the show to shine in the drama section.

I'm glad I picked this up again. After being not impressed by S1 years ago, I've never watched the second season. Comparing it too much with K-On! at that time was a big mistake by my side. Don't do that.

So yeah,
S1 5/10 > 7/10
S2 8/10

Excited for the movie.

Mar 4, 2:33 AM

And here’s our beautiful conclusion.

Sadly the third years time is up, In the band and at school. They will definitely be missed, especially Asuka ❤️ I really like how close she and Kumiko got over this season alone. Kumiko really was heartbroken to see her leave.

It was a great series. KyoAni never fails. Now to move on to the movies.

Apr 12, 7:15 AM

What a way to end the show, it was so good.

This season focused more on drama, I've really enjoyed it. Asuka is a great character and Kumiko really is something special, her interactions with the cast were great.

Can't wait for the Upcoming movie!

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]