Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 28, 2016 5:26 AM
Mar 2016
should i start watching it or wait till it ends ?
Dec 28, 2016 5:47 AM

Jun 2015
I recommend watching one piece, its a very good show even though it drags out, I got up to date in half a year, the series original creator said the timeskip was the marking of half of the series, so the series will end at around 1150 episodes
I recommend watching it but it wont hurt skipping a couple episodes in between
Jan 1, 2017 11:47 AM
Apr 2016
I believe in a recent article Oda stated that the series was roughly 65% complete. I kind of don't want it to end though tbh XD I just love it so much! I mean, can you imagine a world without those One Piece updates? 😲 unimaginable.... T^T
Feb 14, 2017 9:19 PM

Aug 2015
Laurin said:
I recommend watching one piece, its a very good show even though it drags out, I got up to date in half a year, the series original creator said the timeskip was the marking of half of the series, so the series will end at around 1150 episodes
I recommend watching it but it wont hurt skipping a couple episodes in between

Oda said he doesn't wanna stop making One Piece for at least another decade, or until he dies.
Feb 14, 2017 9:20 PM

Aug 2015
Start watching it now. If you don't wanna spend that much time but still get the story then I recommend you read it instead. Much shorter.
Feb 15, 2017 5:39 PM
Dec 2014
With how the pace is slow now.It's better to not catch fast.
Dec 3, 2018 4:10 PM
May 2017
One Piece will end when the heat death of the universe happens
Dec 4, 2018 8:30 AM

May 2012
Just question

Does this anime get better after 27 episodes ?! What is the best arc that is close to 27 episodes that I've saw ?!

Cause for now the anime feel average and not worth watching 800 episodes unless it gets better.
Dec 4, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
thepath said:
Does this anime get better after 27 episodes ?!

I would say that it does.... sort of. There weren't really any major dramatic moments before where you are, and One Piece has plenty of those, the world is going to keep on expanding bringing tons of new and interesting characters, and I don't know if you like its goofiness or not but it's only gonna get goofier, for the better or worse. Also, the production quality never gets any better, in fact I would argue that it only gets worse.
So my advice is to drop the anime and give the manga a try.
Zura_OrokamonoDec 4, 2018 1:40 PM
Dec 4, 2018 1:11 PM

Aug 2018
I think it will end about 2 years from now

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Dec 4, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2014
thepath said:
Just question

Does this anime get better after 27 episodes ?! What is the best arc that is close to 27 episodes that I've saw ?!

Cause for now the anime feel average and not worth watching 800 episodes unless it gets better.

Ask anyone which One Piece arc they prefer. 99.9% people will give you an arc that occured after the first two islands.

The first best arc is Arlong Park and it's just after the Baratie.
Dec 4, 2018 4:41 PM

Aug 2017
Itsalibitch11 said:
should i start watching it or wait till it ends ?

Watch it, sub or dub the show is honestly great and consistent. I’m on 270 right now and I can’t help but keep watching.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Dec 4, 2018 4:42 PM

Aug 2017
Hrybami said:
thepath said:
Just question

Ask anyone which One Piece arc they prefer. 99.9% people will give you an arc that occured after the first two islands.

The first best arc is Arlong Park and it's just after the Baratie.

Totally not true lmao. Arlong isn’t half as good as some of the later stuff.

Dec 4, 2018 4:44 PM

Aug 2017
Zura_Orokamono said:
thepath said:

I would say that it does.... sort of. There weren't really any major dramatic moments before where you are, and One Piece has plenty of those, the world is going to keep on expanding bringing tons of new and interesting characters, and I don't know if you like its goofiness or not but it's only gonna get goofier, for the better or worse. Also, the production quality never gets any better, in fact I would argue that it only gets worse.

Damn you just gave him some bad advice

Dec 4, 2018 7:07 PM

Sep 2014
Zura_Orokamono said:
thepath said:

You're wrong tho. The animation quality was bad in the early episode. It gets a lot better in the mid 2xx, then dropped a bit from the 6xx until the mid 7xx. And it improved a lot from there. The animation quality is currently very good and it never had reached the bottom pit of the early episode.
Dec 5, 2018 3:00 AM

Jan 2015
Hrybami said:
You're wrong tho. The animation quality was bad in the early episode. It gets a lot better in the mid 2xx, then dropped a bit from the 6xx until the mid 7xx. And it improved a lot from there. The animation quality is currently very good and it never had reached the bottom pit of the early episode.

The animation in the beginning is just average for its time, the animation right now is way too substandard for me to consider it good. Yes there are some moments that are very well animated (for about 30 seconds), but they are few and very far between. And, even thought it has slightly improved from the bottom pit that I consider it was the Dressrosa arc, what you get in your average One Piece episode still looks horrible.
Dec 5, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2014
Zura_Orokamono said:
Hrybami said:

The animation in the beginning is just average for its time, the animation right now is way too substandard for me to consider it good. Yes there are some moments that are very well animated (for about 30 seconds), but they are few and very far between. And, even thought it has slightly improved from the bottom pit that I consider it was the Dressrosa arc, what you get in your average One Piece episode still looks horrible.

Well you should take into consideration that One Piece has been airing for about 20 years non-stop now, so it is impossible to have an animation similar to the 1-cour seasonnal. Those short anime had at least one year of planning while each One Piece episode are made several months before release only. Given that, and do you also watch the seasonal anime? There's a lot of badly animated anime getting released with derpy face and other animated flaw. One Piece doesn't have much of these flaws or rather it happens occasionnaly, but the lenght of One Piece make it seems like it's a regular problem while it isn't. One Piece has consistent animation and had some pretty great sasuga from time to time. It's just generally good for a show as long as One Piece to have such decent and flawless animation throughout all these years. One Piece currently have good animatiom that can stand by most of the other seasonal show this season. It's not as good as P.A. Works or KyoAni but still above average.
Dec 5, 2018 11:28 AM

Jan 2015
Hrybami said:
Well you should take into consideration that One Piece has been airing for about 20 years non-stop now, so it is impossible to have an animation similar to the 1-cour seasonnal. Those short anime had at least one year of planning while each One Piece episode are made several months before release only. Given that, and do you also watch the seasonal anime? There's a lot of badly animated anime getting released with derpy face and other animated flaw. One Piece doesn't have much of these flaws or rather it happens occasionnaly, but the lenght of One Piece make it seems like it's a regular problem while it isn't. One Piece has consistent animation and had some pretty great sasuga from time to time. It's just generally good for a show as long as One Piece to have such decent and flawless animation throughout all these years. One Piece currently have good animatiom that can stand by most of the other seasonal show this season. It's not as good as P.A. Works or KyoAni but still above average.

We clearly have different standards for what "above average" and "flawless" means. 'Derpy faces' are indeed a more occasional flaw (even though it's very noticeable), but other production issues occur in almost every episode, like terrible framerate, awful sound direction, scenes that are stretched awkwardly long and lack of details on the characters and environment. And the fact that a scene can look good while the very next one can look terrible makes the animation anything but consistent.
Now of course you can't compare a show that has been continuously on air for the past 20 years with high-budget short series, but I can compare it with other long series like Pokemon, Detective Conan, Bleach, Naruto and Hunter x Hunter who, despite having some reeeaaally bad moments, managed to keep the the animation ranging from decent to really good overall through proper planning.
Seasonal anime that look bad, usually do so because a lack of budget, One Piece producers have all the budget they need but are too greedy to invest in the show's quality as long as they can keep it running. They're understandably not like PA or KyoAni, but they're not even like Deen or Pierrot at this point. I know the animators try, but the producers clearly don't care so I won't hesitate criticizing their product.
Dec 5, 2018 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Zura_Orokamono said:
Hrybami said:

We clearly have different standards for what "above average" and "flawless" means. 'Derpy faces' are indeed a more occasional flaw (even though it's very noticeable), but other production issues occur in almost every episode, like terrible framerate, awful sound direction, scenes that are stretched awkwardly long and lack of details on the characters and environment. And the fact that a scene can look good while the very next one can look terrible makes the animation anything but consistent.
Now of course you can't compare a show that has been continuously on air for the past 20 years with high-budget short series, but I can compare it with other long series like Pokemon, Detective Conan, Bleach, Naruto and Hunter x Hunter who, despite having some reeeaaally bad moments, managed to keep the the animation ranging from decent to really good overall through proper planning.
Seasonal anime that look bad, usually do so because a lack of budget, One Piece producers have all the budget they need but are too greedy to invest in the show's quality as long as they can keep it running. They're understandably not like PA or KyoAni, but they're not even like Deen or Pierrot at this point. I know the animators try, but the producers clearly don't care so I won't hesitate criticizing their product.

So you mean that the other production issues such as pacing and sound direction are more prevalent beside the animation itself? It seems that you want to criticize the overall production value of One Piece more than the animation department. Although I agree that the production comes with its problems and that most of them come from the fact that they ultimately want to keep One Piece on-going despite the technical flaws it can bring, the anime itself is nothing as bad as some people want the world to believe. The scenes are not as terrible as you say. One Piece has a artwork that range from goofiness to insanely absurd (given the design of some characters). The anime artwork is actually really close to the manga and I guess that people just don't really like the style of One Piece. Maybe the characters over the top design doesn't look bad on paper but once it got animated it's not as pretty as it initially was. One Piece rarely have beautiful characters or just characters with appropriate proportion. Just look at some characters height or aesthetic. Once these odd looking characters get animated they always feel somewhat strange and that's exactly what One Piece is supposed to look like because these characters are originally drawn by Oda. It's not entirely Toei's fault at this point. And from the anime you listed I only watched pokemon ( it had horrible animation before sun and moon, even worse than One piece) And Hunter x Hunter ( it's a lot shorter than One Piece and the animation quality was not that good, just decent like One Piece but without the goofiness).

Though my complain with the One Piece anime stands more on the background which are minimally drawn for a show that focus on adventure. But I defend the animation overall to be relatively good.
Dec 5, 2018 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
Hrybami said:
So you mean that the other production issues such as pacing and sound direction are more prevalent beside the animation itself? It seems that you want to criticize the overall production value of One Piece more than the animation department. Although I agree that the production comes with its problems and that most of them come from the fact that they ultimately want to keep One Piece on-going despite the technical flaws it can bring, the anime itself is nothing as bad as some people want the world to believe. The scenes are not as terrible as you say. One Piece has a artwork that range from goofiness to insanely absurd (given the design of some characters). The anime artwork is actually really close to the manga and I guess that people just don't really like the style of One Piece. Maybe the characters over the top design doesn't look bad on paper but once it got animated it's not as pretty as it initially was. One Piece rarely have beautiful characters or just characters with appropriate proportion. Just look at some characters height or aesthetic. Once these odd looking characters get animated they always feel somewhat strange and that's exactly what One Piece is supposed to look like because these characters are originally drawn by Oda. It's not entirely Toei's fault at this point. And from the anime you listed I only watched pokemon ( it had horrible animation before sun and moon, even worse than One piece) And Hunter x Hunter ( it's a lot shorter than One Piece and the animation quality was not that good, just decent like One Piece but without the goofiness).

Though my complain with the One Piece anime stands more on the background which are minimally drawn for a show that focus on adventure. But I defend the animation overall to be relatively good.

Well yes the overall production is the problem, and I think the animation department takes the biggest hit. It's not the character design that I criticize (they're goofy but I like them, I just know some people don't) it's the fact that in too many scenes and frames there seems to be a lot of missing details and they tend to look washed up often. Also I don't think Pokemon looked that bad even before Sun&Moon, it wasn't always stellar but it was decent and despite HxH being much shorter it still ran for 3 years without brake (12 times more that a seasonal show) and it kept looking better, how can you associate the animation quality of the two is honestly beyond me. I know animators put a lot of work for low income in this project so I guess it's good to see that someone likes it, but I don't. I think the manga is a better experience.
Zura_OrokamonoDec 5, 2018 1:13 PM
Dec 5, 2018 1:17 PM

Jul 2015
one piece wont end even if Oda dies xd

Well...
Dec 5, 2018 9:48 PM

May 2018
Even when you become old and die, One Piece will be still ongoing :D (and I'm not sure whether it's a joke lol)
I would recommend to read manga instead. Because the anime is unbearably slow. I regret wasting so much time watching it, because I could save a lot of time if I read it
Nemo_NiemandDec 5, 2018 9:57 PM

Jan 6, 2019 4:36 AM
Dec 2013
Start watching it now. It's not going to end for a loooooooooooong time.
Jan 11, 2019 3:21 PM
Oct 2018
Otaku_Kaizoku said:
I believe in a recent article Oda stated that the series was roughly 65% complete. I kind of don't want it to end though tbh XD I just love it so much! I mean, can you imagine a world without those One Piece updates? 😲 unimaginable.... T^T

Yes but I don't want Oda to rush his masterpiece now, we've got Reverie, Wano, Elbaph and Final War Arc upcoming.

THE BUILD UP HAS BEEN A DECADE THE END WON"T BE RUSHED AT BE AT PEACE.
Feb 27, 2019 10:17 AM

Nov 2014
You should totally start watching the series because i think it'll have much more than 1200 at this pace and how toei animation is doing it , it's worth to watch and a good series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 835 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SamBlack - May 5, 2018

59 by FedeMetal »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 986 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 7, 2021

84 by ETHANDARYL420 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

146 by yoko-_- »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

166 by ImSOCraziRandom »»
Today, 8:23 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Jan 1, 2010

54 by kejora »»
Today, 7:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.