Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 9, 2017 4:07 PM

Oct 2015
Great chapter! When I first read the end I thought Eren was manipulating the memory so it seemed like a motivation for himself. Then since apparently the power of the titan transcend some kind of invisible road with flesh and memories (mentioned in chapter 88) could it be that titan owners could access both past and future memories? This would also explain the Eren's dream in the first chapter when he felt he had dreamt for a very long time. Probably the memory of his last moments alive. I do not however think people themselves can transcend time like Eren being future Kruger (why would Eren torture thousands of Eldians?).

Will Ymir's story end like this? If she was convicted to Paradise already, and eaten one of the Marley's warrior she should be in some deep shit now... Iseyama-sensei said that Ymir had a big role but he could refer to both the first titan and our Ymir. I wonder though why she was chosen as the figure of that cult...

What will the people of the Walls' action be now? Will they stay in the wall and defend themselves? reconcile with the Eldians in the ghettos? Attack Marley and gather the 9 titans?
「好きな方を選んで」
Jan 9, 2017 5:26 PM

Feb 2016
Saliom said:
sonnestark said:
so after re-reading the chapter + the correction... Historia is 90% in danger, right o_O???

Hmm, maybe there is another solution, that "Dinah Fritz" who is one of the royal family too, but she is just a titan now, so they would need to make her human again to eat her one again?

Dina is dead... Eren killed her using the coordinate
Jan 10, 2017 1:08 AM

Apr 2008
I think people are forgetting the fact that Eren's dad already ate a royal person when he stole the coordinator power. So in theory it should all be unlocked already >.>;;;
Jan 10, 2017 2:41 AM

Jan 2009
Read this chapter but got so confused at the end but then I remembered about Eren's dream. In addition, the way Kruger tells Grisha about protecting "Mikasa, Armin, and everyone else" reminded me that Grisha told Eren the SAME sentence in Episode 9 (IDK which chapter it was mentioned in the manga) but here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTJ3zSsSfg
Jan 10, 2017 2:45 AM
Jan 2017
Darklight0303 said:
I think people are forgetting the fact that Eren's dad already ate a royal person when he stole the coordinator power. So in theory it should all be unlocked already >.>;;;

It's what I was thinking. But why he didn't use that power other times?
Jan 10, 2017 2:46 AM

Apr 2008
Francesco_Rdoc said:
Darklight0303 said:

He wasn't even fully aware he had that power or what it did. As far as Eren was consciously aware the power stopped at his titan transformation
Jan 10, 2017 2:54 AM

Jan 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Francesco_Rdoc said:

He wasn't even fully aware he had that power or what it did. As far as Eren was consciously aware the power stopped at his titan transformation

It's mentioned in this thread in page 2 that Isayama made a mistake. He meant "touching" not "eating"
Jan 10, 2017 10:30 AM
Jan 2017
avaris said:
Read this chapter but got so confused at the end but then I remembered about Eren's dream. In addition, the way Kruger tells Grisha about protecting "Mikasa, Armin, and everyone else" reminded me that Grisha told Eren the SAME sentence in Episode 9 (IDK which chapter it was mentioned in the manga) but here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTJ3zSsSfg

and "take control of this power". which one? His titan power or Coordinate power?
Jan 10, 2017 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
no wonder some said this chapter in the nutshell
how i felt about last panel
Darklight0303 said:

but that was his dad , not Eren himself

Jan 10, 2017 6:36 PM

Apr 2008
AllenVonStein said:
no wonder some said this chapter in the nutshell
how i felt about last panel
Darklight0303 said:

but that was his dad , not Eren himself

Doesn't matter. He still devoured the guy wholesale. Meaning blood organs bone everything.
Jan 10, 2017 11:05 PM
Mar 2014
I think that the 9 titans share memories with their respective future/past selves making them, in essence, the same person. That's why Kruger knew about Mikasa and Armin, and Eren knew about Mikasa having short hair. Maybe the special titan memories transcend time and space. Don't know about the 2000 years thing though. It may simply be referencing whoever has the attack titan 2000 years in the future or if Eren is still alive that long, himself.
Jan 11, 2017 2:12 AM
Dec 2015
Will mikasa become a shifter too? It's logical either she or Levi become one since they're the best fighters left.i don't think she can live a long life without eren or armin.
Jan 11, 2017 3:43 AM

Aug 2012
voidepression said:
Will mikasa become a shifter too? It's logical either she or Levi become one since they're the best fighters left.i don't think she can live a long life without eren or armin.
But they aren't Eldians...
Jan 11, 2017 11:08 AM
Dec 2015
Aren't they mixed? They can't have Eren absorb all 9 right?
Jan 11, 2017 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
This series is trash. It somehow keeps getting worse.
Jan 12, 2017 2:42 AM

Aug 2012
bobawesome said:
This series is trash. It somehow keeps getting worse.
Then don't read it...
Jan 13, 2017 5:20 AM

Oct 2010
tHe-OTAKU- said:

this manga is too much

Mm hmm. Man oh man.

But that Hanji pointing out the pose though lel
Jan 13, 2017 5:49 AM
Jan 2017
I really wonder where the other 2 unknown Titans might be. We got to see already 7 out of the 9 ymir titans, if I'm not mistaken.
Control Titan + Attack Titan(Eren), Armored Titan(Reiner), Colossal Titan( Armin), Ape Titan(Zeke), Female Titan(Annie), and Ymirs Titan whoms ability istn revealed yet.

Could the 2 missing ones be Childs inside the walls unaware of their ability or are they maybe brainwashed soldiers, who are still on the mainland. GOOOOOOOD I'm so excited why can't the chapters come out weekly ;____;? 12 Chapters in one year is like 3 hours reading material. Managed to control me 3 years and got 40 chapters to read in one go now I am addicted again I will go cry in a Corner for the rest of the month....
Jan 13, 2017 8:21 AM
Jan 2017
PanPiper said:
I really wonder where the other 2 unknown Titans might be. We got to see already 7 out of the 9 ymir titans, if I'm not mistaken.
Control Titan + Attack Titan(Eren), Armored Titan(Reiner), Colossal Titan( Armin), Ape Titan(Zeke), Female Titan(Annie), and Ymirs Titan whoms ability istn revealed yet.

Could the 2 missing ones be Childs inside the walls unaware of their ability or are they maybe brainwashed soldiers, who are still on the mainland. GOOOOOOOD I'm so excited why can't the chapters come out weekly ;____;? 12 Chapters in one year is like 3 hours reading material. Managed to control me 3 years and got 40 chapters to read in one go now I am addicted again I will go cry in a Corner for the rest of the month....

But they have 45/48 pages. It can't be weekly xD. Anyway I think no titans are into the walls ( I mean the missing 2) . But most important I hope next chapter will answer mikasa/armin cit by Kruger or at least something about cordinate power and how they will activate it.
Jan 14, 2017 6:49 AM

Apr 2009
just wait for the anime for a better explanation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2017 7:58 AM
Jan 2017
I wonder if it's going to follow the matrix plot, where the matrix was several reboots, so might this story be several battles following the same path, but only those with royal blood know the truth.

The fact that it requires a touch of a royal to activate the coordinate power, explains why it took Rod Reiss and Historia touching Eren to unlock the memories of his father.
Jan 14, 2017 3:34 PM
Aug 2016
I first read a mediocre translation and I was really confused lol. Then I read the one mentioned in this thread and some things started making more sense.

However, that ending though. As many others, I don't know what to think of it. Very curious about how all these new questions will be answered.

Also, Isayama's comment on his correction:
"I apologize for making Eren’s ideas suddenly sound insane and therefore confusing the readers"
Very true, haha
Jan 14, 2017 3:42 PM
Jan 2017
PanPiper said:

You missed the Titan of Rod Reiss, Historia's father, call it the fat Titan? Thats make 8

The last one might be the cargo carrying scout Titan. I think Erwin mentioned, that this one must be able of higher thoughts, thus a shifter. Then we have all.
Jan 14, 2017 10:36 PM

Aug 2012
Zharunash said:
PanPiper said:

You missed the Titan of Rod Reiss, Historia's father, call it the fat Titan? Thats make 8

The last one might be the cargo carrying scout Titan. I think Erwin mentioned, that this one must be able of higher thoughts, thus a shifter. Then we have all.
Rod Reiss isn't part of the 9 titans. Rod isn't a titan shifter at all. He's only a mindless titan that has a ridiculous big form due to in taking the serum differently than usual. What special titan did Rod inherit/eat? None.
Jan 15, 2017 3:13 AM
Jan 2017
The cargo titan I think is simply a titan under control of zeke. not a shifter. or i miss something?
Jan 15, 2017 5:23 AM
Jan 2017
I think he just might be another abnormal titan, like you said, not one of the shifters. We already saw a few other slightly abnormal titans with a bit of intelligence. Like the one in the first battle who jumped through the air and collided with a rooftop to kill a soldier.
On the other hand we saw the cargo titan speak which is highly rare and barely seen before. Might be a specific breeded titan form especially made for battle..
Jan 15, 2017 8:41 AM
Jan 2017
PanPiper said:
I think he just might be another abnormal titan, like you said, not one of the shifters. We already saw a few other slightly abnormal titans with a bit of intelligence. Like the one in the first battle who jumped through the air and collided with a rooftop to kill a soldier.
On the other hand we saw the cargo titan speak which is highly rare and barely seen before. Might be a specific breeded titan form especially made for battle..

I think they can do different kind of titans with their tecnology. We have seen that based on the amount of serum, They can determine the height. We saw also some titans active during night time. I think they can do various things to eldian people.
Jan 16, 2017 4:38 PM

Oct 2011
My mind is thoroughly blown with that last page... and with what everyone's saying about the title of the first chapter and eren's dream under the tree.

Time loop stories are always so sad, so if this has that element it could be quite good.
Jan 16, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know if I should be excited or scared about where this seems to be going lol. Oh well. Looking forward to next chapters. This some suspense.
Jan 18, 2017 8:40 AM

Aug 2012
sonnestark said:
so after re-reading the chapter + the correction... Historia is 90% in danger, right o_O???

I think it should be possible to hold historia then use the power without eating her?
Eren basically punch dina's hand and the power works (or what he think is?)
Jan 19, 2017 4:57 AM

Jan 2017
i'm not trying to attack or anything but i really don't like Ymir as a character and the the only thing that I was interested in her is that I thought she had some connection to the original Ymir or she is Ymir Fritz or whatever. but now to know that she is just a nobody was really annoying i mean all this time i kept waiting for her story to be unfold only to tell us that she's just a normal character who had a shitty past, if my memory serves me correctly i remember i read that Hajime once said that she will be important or something like that, it might be true and i won't judge now but it was really disappointing.

overall Great chapter, and it's nice we were able to see Hange again and specially Historia who looks more beautiful now, that last page tho..>_<
Jan 19, 2017 10:21 AM
Jan 2017
I think mikasa is one of the missing titans.
In the Second charpter, she got first place in academy, followed by reiner, bertholdt, annie and eren, respectively. so she is the only one among the top 5 that isnt titan so far.
NarutoTIJan 19, 2017 10:31 AM
Jan 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Jan 2017
Tiago_Carneiro said:
I think mikasa is one of the missing titans.
In the Second charpter, she got first place in academy, followed by reiner, bertholdt, annie and eren, respectively. so she is the only one among the top 5 that isnt titan so far.

Mikasa is strong due to her being an ackerman and she's not an eldian so she can't be turned into titan i guess
Jan 25, 2017 4:54 PM
Jan 2017
Let's start with the facts. Tell me if I miss anything.

Fact1: manga starts with older mikasa saying see you later eren
Fact2: anime starts with eren having visions of the future
Fact3: in the anime eren's transformation to shield mikasa and armin from cannonfire produces flowers on the ground.
Fact4: there are subtle usages of words and sentences referencing loops such as some of mikasa's comments and eren telling mikasa if he has to he will keep wrapping his scarf around her over and over.
Fact5: coordinate allows the user to connect to everyone through unseen paths and eren has it.
Fact6: zeke mentions how erwin and the other soldiers charging him should have known better and how they would know it was pointless if they had their memories.
Fact7: kruger mentioning all of it happening again and being surprised with having memories of armin and mikasa and asking who these memories belong to.

Putting all the pieces together there are 3 ways this can go with the info at hand.

1: eren and the others fail. with a final attack from the titans that are on marley's side walls are breached and eren, mikasa and historia are the only ones left. in their final moments eren eats historia connects to his former self and warns kruger while trying desperately to rewrite history and series end with eren waking up again under the tree and mikasa asking him why he is crying. (not fond of this one)

2:eren learns how to use the coordinate. he uses the memory manipulation to erase the knowledge of conflict between marley and eldia leaving only the memories of those who live on paradise island. after all of it with having access to all memories he uses coordinate to plan a better present in which he saved his mother and changed the future by warning his self in chapter 1. he tells mikasa about this plan and she supports him saying see you later eren which means the story used the tarantino method by showing the end in the beginning. (happy but not likely)

3: since it's still a developing story we will get more facts perhaps everything about these memories transcending through time will be explained in the next chapter. thinking how casually reiner confessed it could happen like that and series may take another turn. or we know jack and with more information we will learn and uncover enough to figure out what's going on or perhaps we'll get a epic plot twist. (more likely)

This was super long sorry.
Jan 27, 2017 10:02 AM

Jan 2017
I really dislike this political stuff mixed in with the Titan's theory. The fuel and etc. Although I like the recent chapters, I'm kinda disappointed by the history of the Titans
Jan 27, 2017 2:43 PM

Oct 2013
ssshaha said:
I really dislike this political stuff mixed in with the Titan's theory. The fuel and etc. Although I like the recent chapters, I'm kinda disappointed by the history of the Titans

We still don't know the real story of the origin of the titans.
Jan 27, 2017 7:22 PM
Jan 2017
StormMocker said:
Let's start with the facts. Tell me if I miss anything.

Fact1: manga starts with older mikasa saying see you later eren
Fact2: anime starts with eren having visions of the future
Fact3: in the anime eren's transformation to shield mikasa and armin from cannonfire produces flowers on the ground.
Fact4: there are subtle usages of words and sentences referencing loops such as some of mikasa's comments and eren telling mikasa if he has to he will keep wrapping his scarf around her over and over.
Fact5: coordinate allows the user to connect to everyone through unseen paths and eren has it.
Fact6: zeke mentions how erwin and the other soldiers charging him should have known better and how they would know it was pointless if they had their memories.
Fact7: kruger mentioning all of it happening again and being surprised with having memories of armin and mikasa and asking who these memories belong to.

Putting all the pieces together there are 3 ways this can go with the info at hand.

1: eren and the others fail. with a final attack from the titans that are on marley's side walls are breached and eren, mikasa and historia are the only ones left. in their final moments eren eats historia connects to his former self and warns kruger while trying desperately to rewrite history and series end with eren waking up again under the tree and mikasa asking him why he is crying. (not fond of this one)

2:eren learns how to use the coordinate. he uses the memory manipulation to erase the knowledge of conflict between marley and eldia leaving only the memories of those who live on paradise island. after all of it with having access to all memories he uses coordinate to plan a better present in which he saved his mother and changed the future by warning his self in chapter 1. he tells mikasa about this plan and she supports him saying see you later eren which means the story used the tarantino method by showing the end in the beginning. (happy but not likely)

3: since it's still a developing story we will get more facts perhaps everything about these memories transcending through time will be explained in the next chapter. thinking how casually reiner confessed it could happen like that and series may take another turn. or we know jack and with more information we will learn and uncover enough to figure out what's going on or perhaps we'll get a epic plot twist. (more likely)

This was super long sorry.

If Kruger was surprised by the memories of Armin and Mikasa, and Zeke being surprised by Levi's attack in spite of his foreknowledge of the suicide charge, then changes have already been made. This suggests that if there is the existence of a loop, this one may be the breaking of the cycle
Feb 3, 2017 5:45 AM
Feb 2017
OMG! While reading comments I had this theory materializing in my head. And I was like O__O! Seriously!

So the theory I had was that Eren and others in the Survey Troops did not succeed in having their 'freedom'. After reading chapter 89 where OWL mentioned Mikasa and Armin, I had this theory that that was a part of Eren's memory that was passed to OWL because he inherited Eren's titan which is the Attack on Titan. So basically, Eren and others died.

And I remembered that it was mentioned a couple of times that Erlandias did their mistakes again and again. So maybe, Eren and others did end up doing those mistakes. So, after Eren died, I don't know when but the Attack on Titan is now OWL and he remembers Eren's memories and everything would happen again. My point is, we're just reading Eren's life which is from the PAST and OWL is from the present/future. It seems like history repeating itself.

That's all. I just want to share my theory because I'm freaking out right now. I want to release these and all because I might cry because of frustration. I've been waiting since forever for the new update and I don't when will it be. Yeah, thats all. Thank you for reading this lol.
Feb 6, 2017 12:29 PM
Nov 2016
I'll give the author more credit than this being just a time loop.
Feb 17, 2017 6:52 AM

Dec 2014
what the heck how did owl know mikasa and Armin... plus his name is also Eren...why are their so many questions brought up....
Mar 16, 2017 9:37 PM

Feb 2013
I love Historia so muuuuuch.
Apr 3, 2017 12:37 AM

May 2013
How did the previous Eren knew Mikasa and Armin is this going to be another time travelling thing? or is the previous Eren was actually Eren in the present? so confused
Apr 3, 2017 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
I don't know if anyone already said it, but I'm betting that the "memory", "coordinates", "path" or whatever is a force that transcend through time and space, meaning; someone who holds the power of the nine titan would slowly be able to remember the memories from the previous users BUT ALSO given exposure for a long time to this "path", one might "remember" memories from the future, that's how Eren Krueger knows about Mikasa and Armin, that's how Eren Yeager commented on how "Mikasa's hair got longer" on chapter 1, because every titan shifter are looking through the eye of a Titan, which is existing between time and space, anywhere anytime, a godlike power that will never cease to exist unless the "path" is destroyed. It defies the law of physics to instantaneously generate a material from nowhere, but not unless you got the materials through another dimension, hence the lightning that strikes when a shifter transforms.

Also, Mikasa said "see you later Eren" in chapter 1, and I'm guessing that they've found the truth and sending Eren's consciousness back to the past right when everything's already over and there's nk hope left. Eren kept crying every time he dreams because he's being desperate to fail over and over again between timelines. So yeah, here goes another time thingy plot
Apr 5, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2009
Stupid idea - What if Ymir Fritz and are Ymir are the same person? That war between both races takes place 2000 year, and the something happend to restore this? Then "To you, 2000 years from now" is from could be Ymir words that connects Ymir Fritz and are Ymir.
3 setps to become Masochist:
1. Read source material
2. Watch anime adaptation
3. Suffer
Bonus Step: Tell everyone that anime is crap becouse Manga/Novel is better (duh..)

How to find the worst trash anime ever, so bad that people should be ashamed for even knowing this trash exist:
1. Check your favorite anime
2. Enjoy your shit taste pleb
Works everytime for everyone.
Apr 16, 2017 6:00 PM

Apr 2015
Tbh I don't get all the details from the past few chapters but I kinda know what its about and damn my mind is BOEM.
May 8, 2017 6:34 AM
Aug 2012
Taito10 said:
The title of the very first chapter is “To you, 2000 years from now“

So I was right that this serious will be have something to do with Time Loop. Author is really amazing. He planned everything from chapter one.

5/5

I believe that this manga will end when Eren will open his eyes under the tree just like in the first chapter but this time he will remember everything from future.

Nope, sorry bud, but that is far from it. There will be no time loop.
May 21, 2017 7:01 PM

Jan 2017
SO can someone explain to me, what they found in basement was just Eren's dream or what???????????
May 22, 2017 12:14 AM

Aug 2012
Bonyanyanya said:
SO can someone explain to me, what they found in basement was just Eren's dream or what???????????
They found 3 books about Grisha's past and it's not Eren's dream.
May 22, 2017 8:31 AM

Jan 2017
sim0n2170 said:
Bonyanyanya said:
They found 3 books about Grisha's past and it's not Eren's dream.

I know that. But whatever he saw, I think it was Grisha's flashbacks. I was confused about that part.
Jun 30, 2017 7:08 PM
Dec 2014
Autunna said:
sonnestark said:

I think it should be possible to hold historia then use the power without eating her?
Eren basically punch dina's hand and the power works (or what he think is?)

My thoughts exactly.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.