Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2015
Haneken2086 said:
Clebardman said:
KILL LA KILL MAY BE THE MOST PERFECT ANIME.

Can't tell if you're serious or joking.

I personally do not think that any show that uses fanservice as a major factor and seriously should be considered a great show. Keijo I thought was particularly demeaning to women.

*Shrugs* Now I'm the one who can't tell if you're serious, but if you are, you can join the few tumblr user who completely missed the point of the show.
http://tinycrown.tumblr.com/post/79040378192/why-kill-la-kill-is-bad-for-women-and-everyone-in

Let's just ignore every fucking theme and also the fact that most men are buttnaked half the time while women are only wearing outrageous outfits. Let's just talk about the look of that thing. Would you consider Panty & Stocking an evil fanservice anime? Because I don't know if you noticed, but KlK's artstyle is kinda unfappable too.

BTW, try to watch Utena if you loved Rose of Versailles.

edit: wow I just noticed some Madoka bashing. Can I join?
DeathkoDec 26, 2016 5:54 AM
Dec 26, 2016 4:15 AM

Jul 2014
theres never a perfect anime as there will always be one better than another....and keeps repeating etc....
Dec 26, 2016 4:48 AM

Jan 2016
It's one of the best out there, for sure....

I loved it hence it's perfect for me too....(ALong with a lot of anime I hold dear... since this anime is outside my Top 10)
Dec 26, 2016 4:58 AM

Apr 2015
Subarashiki Hibi may be the most perfect Visual Novel

It's a mixture of different genres - Mystery, Horror, Dementia, Psychological, School, and even a bit of comedy. (It even has moe and frilly clothes)

It features one of the best Visual Novel protagonists ever, Mamiya, a character who is a great well-developed guy.

It was created by SCA-JI, one of anime's best authors, and features a great cast, visuals and music.

It's pretty much flawless.

OT:Fuck it, I'm watching this lololol XDDD
YouDec 26, 2016 5:13 AM
Dec 26, 2016 5:42 AM

Jun 2016
What are you guys talking about.
One Outs is the best anime.
/thread close
Dec 26, 2016 7:31 AM
May 2015
InsaneLeader13 said:
I'm unsure if this is a post by an elitist or 'Old anime' diehard...Or someone who is actually speaking from the bottom of their heart.

The latter. I've seen anime from across the decades.

Clebardman said:

*Shrugs* Now I'm the one who can't tell if you're serious, but if you are, you can join the few tumblr user who completely missed the point of the show.
http://tinycrown.tumblr.com/post/79040378192/why-kill-la-kill-is-bad-for-women-and-everyone-in

Let's just ignore every fucking theme and also the fact that most men are buttnaked half the time while women are only wearing outrageous outfits. Let's just talk about the look of that thing.

Would you consider Panty & Stocking an evil fanservice anime? Because I don't know if you noticed, but KlK's artstyle is kinda unfappable too.

I can only really enjoy fanservice if it's humorous. So I thought KIK was a bit over-the-top and okay, but I actually liked and enjoyed PSG.

And do you believe that a show with fanservice should be considered the best there is? And not minor fanservice for jokes, but actual major fanservice that's a few steps away from ecchi/hentai territory.

Clebardman said:

BTW, try to watch Utena if you loved Rose of Versailles.

I tried Utena, but I found it to be too surreal and ambiguous for my taste.
Dec 26, 2016 7:38 AM

Jul 2015
@Haneken2086 ? Sexuality is part of human nature, and one of the core theme of all anime I rated 10. Kill la Kill is actually really similar to Utena in the way it handles it's themes, especially sexuality. But I guess there's no real point discussing it further, I can't really convince you that tits =/= mediocrity if that's your stance on the subject.
Dec 26, 2016 8:08 AM

May 2015
Aki72 said:
What are you guys talking about.
One Outs is the best anime.
/thread close
If only Iwashimizu wasn't so freaking annoying -_-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2016 8:22 AM
Dec 26, 2016 12:15 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I found this anime unwatchable only after one minute so it's a no go

Dec 26, 2016 1:12 PM

Aug 2010
It's good but it's no Teekyu.
Dec 26, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2012
Maybe.Problem is in which planet?Pretty sure not in this planet tho.
Dec 26, 2016 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
I heard it's similar to LogH, so I guess it can't be bad.
AshitaNoJonasDec 26, 2016 3:39 PM
Dec 26, 2016 2:42 PM

Oct 2012
JonasTheJay said:
I heard it's similar to LogH, so I guess it can't be bad.

I personally found it quite amusing to watch it as a 'prequel' to it... at least from the extended lens and view from Reinhard's perspective that really detested the ways of Nobility/Royal families.

Lady Oscar is a better blond brat than Reinhard though. Shots fired, yep!
ShoryuDec 26, 2016 3:41 PM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 26, 2016 3:39 PM

Aug 2016
Haneken2086 said:
It's a mixture of different genres - romance, action, drama, history (done accurately), and even a bit of comedy. (It just lacks sci-fi and robots)

It features one of the best anime protagonists ever, Lady Oscar, a character who is a great well-developed heroine.

It was directed by Osamu Dezaki, one of anime's best directors, and features a great cast, visuals and music.

You could literally apply most of this to a lot of anime.
For example...

Code Geass (Sci-Fi, Mecha, Drama, action, romance and some comedy if you wish)

Lelouch is one of the best anime protagonists due to his motivations and how he changes throughout the story

Seen by many as having one of the most memorable endings in an anime (I personally disagree on this one)

Great soundtrack

Other examples could be
. Kill La Kill
. Gurren Lagann
. Haven't seen SAC yet but Ghost in the shell fits the bill too

No anime is flawless. You can have a personal masterpiece sure but everybody is different :^)
AnimoosDec 26, 2016 3:46 PM

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

Dec 26, 2016 6:05 PM

Aug 2014
I think you said something deep in the thread, "most perfect" what does this mean? how is it different from "perfect"?
Dec 27, 2016 1:31 PM
May 2015
Klassical said:
I think you said something deep in the thread, "most perfect" what does this mean? how is it different from "perfect"?

Perfect is something people will probably debate about. Most perfect is as good as something can really be. Like the difference between The Godfather and The Town; one is a truly incredible film, the other is a critically acclaimed film.

AnimoosFromChina said:

No anime is flawless. You can have a personal masterpiece sure but everybody is different :^)

Okay fair enough. But you have to admit that this anime is pretty iconic in history for its hero, story and direction.
Dec 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Aug 2014
Haneken2086 said:
Klassical said:

Perfect is something people will probably debate about. Most perfect is as good as something can really be. Like the difference between The Godfather and The Town; one is a truly incredible film, the other is a critically acclaimed film.

What? lol, isn't perfect the word we use when a certain thing has no room for further improvement?
Dec 28, 2016 1:37 PM
May 2015
Klassical said:
What? lol, isn't perfect the word we use when a certain thing has no room for further improvement?

Or when it has very little room to improve in, which people could say/debate about a lot of things.

I'm just speaking in my opinion here. And not everyone really agrees with me.
Jul 2, 2017 9:04 PM
Mar 2016
OP clearly does not recognise the inherent superiority of the CGDCT SOL genre.
Why is K-On! the best anime of all time?
It's a mixture of different genres - comedy, slice of life, music, and even a bit of realistic high schooler drama.
It features one of the best protagonists of all time, Hirasawa Yui, a character who is a well-developed heroine.
It was directed by Naoko Yamada, one of anime's best directors, and features a great cast of animators, visuals, voice actresses, and musicians.
Jul 5, 2017 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
Currently watching it and Rose of Versailles is my favorite comedy. I can't stop laughing between the shoujo sparkles, the hilarious stares and shocked reactions, and especially the "wahaha I'm so bad" villains.
Nov 19, 2020 1:07 AM
Feb 2020
Haneken2086 said:
It's a mixture of different genres - romance, action, drama, history (done accurately), and even a bit of comedy. (It just lacks sci-fi and robots)

It features one of the best anime protagonists ever, Lady Oscar, a character who is a great well-developed heroine.

It was directed by Osamu Dezaki, one of anime's best directors, and features a great cast, visuals and music.

Curious to know what prevents you giving it a 10 if you believe it's perfect
Jul 7, 2021 10:35 PM
Dec 2019
Dumb shoujo melodrama is dumb. See my review.
Jul 29, 2021 7:59 AM
Jan 2018
Wonder how it compares to the manga given that it focus on different character then the anime does
Dec 8, 2023 11:46 PM

Apr 2017
Honestly, I have to agree with this assessment. This anime was a masterpiece from start to finish. A lot of people say it got a bit weak after Jeanne, and I actually disagree. Sure we don't get anymore intelligent villains, but that's because it's moved past the point of needing one. It's the start of the revolution! So the 'villain' are the royals and nobles that are against the people. That's ultimately what should be the focus at the end. Not just one boogeyman to blame, but the entire corrupt 'politicians' at the top.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

fanty - Nov 5, 2009

74 by GinGmaximum »»
Apr 19, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yma981 - Sep 23, 2008

65 by ArtimesGamer »»
Apr 19, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Apr 19, 2009

41 by Natt_5cents »»
Apr 18, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 32 Discussion

DonKangolJones - Nov 30, 2008

48 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 4, 12:30 PM

Poll: » Rose of Versailles Episode 17 Discussion

Alcoholicide - Sep 6, 2011

24 by ryougi_shiki07 »»
Apr 2, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.