Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
How should AldnoahZero end?
Dec 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Feb 2016
I know this anime was aired almost a year ago, What are your opinion on how the series ended. This series reminds me of the plot/story of Code Geass.

For the poll this is optional reply back why you pick that option.
"MOE is LOVE, LOLI is LIFE, FLAT is JUSTICE"
Jan 31, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2016
Nep_tan said:
I know this anime was aired almost a year ago, What are your opinion on how the series ended.

It's been nearly two years xD

I would like a third season. And a quick death for Cruhteo xD NTR...that's what I hated the most in this series.
Feb 19, 2017 12:50 AM

Feb 2016
yea if he lived things would be different (sorry for the late reply)
Nep_tanFeb 19, 2017 12:54 AM
"MOE is LOVE, LOLI is LIFE, FLAT is JUSTICE"
May 7, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2011
I want a Inaho X Asseylum ending...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2017 12:45 AM
Jun 2016
i just finished it and i was fine with it... to me the only good part of the terrible season 2.

I didnt have any problem with the 'NTR' if you can even call it that. felt like it was a realistic solution.

also i hate Slaine, so i felt like he got what he deserved.
Jul 28, 2017 11:16 AM
Jul 2017
I just😫 just really really wanted to see them end up together.........😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
Sep 5, 2017 8:55 AM
Apr 2017
one want to give her the earth, one work his ass off in the battlefield to save her
and one just happen in right time and right place to get the princess.
Oct 7, 2017 10:56 PM
Sep 2017
The ending was terrible... Like... Let's be honest, the show's story and characters weren't exactly good. Slaine's development was stupid, the main character was a robot even before he LITERALLY became one, and all the other characters are given like 0 screen time. So the only real character story is the one between the MC and the female lead. The only possible closure to the story that made sense between the characters would've been that they end up together. Why does she end up with some dude that's introduced in the second to last episode? Lol. Imagine that in a romance anime for a second. Dude and girl go through a bunch of shit to be together, and finally, when it's all resolved, girl just ends up with some random character for basically no reason.

I'm pretty sure why the author did it too. It's the same reason he finished that first season the way he did. Some people thinks a sad ending is always better than a happy one. However, there's a difference between sad/happy and bad/good. The ending needs to fit the story and themes, not just be like "well everything is leading to a happy ending... Better just make the ending sad out of no where"
Nov 5, 2017 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
I like how Aldnoah.Zero ended. It’s feels unique and realistic, I liked it more than I thought I would. The ending is aligned to how the three main characters’ development was throught the story. Inaho didn’t have much development going on aside from being a bit more emotional than what he was at the start of the show, while Slaine ended up paying for his the aftermath of his desire for Seylum, which was not what she wanted as she desires peace and harmony in all things, and being saved by the one man he didnt expect to be saved by; and Seylum got the ending that she wanted: Peace between Earth and Mars.

The thing is, the three characters’ resolves and desires don’t align with each other, in such a way that to chose one is to let go of the other; which is why we got this ending where none of them became a part of another or became an item but instead in their separate worlds, leading different lives.

I don’t think Inaho desired anything in particular aside from Seylum’s safety and his desire to save her, a case of innocent and pure love that wants nothing in return. For Inaho, regardless of the outcome, all that matters is that Seylum is safe and away from harm, which is why he didn’t get Seylum. I think he and Seylum could have been together she wasnt so gung ho about peace.

Slaine throughout the story has some twisted development going on, not to mention his character is full of contradictions (terran but is in Mars), poor baby doesn’t know where he sides. All he is aure about is his love for Seylum, so all for the sake of the one thing he is sure of, he went to great lengths until he got the result of his actions. My baby. I do agree that what he did shooting Inaho was a big wtf, but idk I love the guy amd his tortured soul. I’m probably one of the few people who’s happy he was saved and just wanted happiness for my baby.

Asseylum is the one who won the ending imo because she got exactly what she wanted: PEACE. I like Seylum, I love her resolution of putting her objective above all else, even her personal desires. I like that she doesnt sway and still thinks of the people and what she could do for them. I think she held the two boys dear, it’s been shown on multiple occassions. But she resolved on putting peace between Earth and Mars above all else so that was what she did, and therefore got the ending she wanted. Not probably what she wanted for herself personally, but it’s what she wanted as the Princess of Mars.

Forgive the long post I am just dying to let all this out. But all-in-all, I like how it ended.
—Actually, nevermind.
Nov 15, 2017 8:37 PM

Apr 2016
In my opinion, the first cour was very good, bordering on great. It tells a cohesive tale about a few people just trying to survive a war brought about by mistreatment, lies, hatred, and want. The scale of the story remains quite small, believable, and intimate; focusing on a few people and their comparatively small role in the war. It doesn't spiral out of control into a story about the fate of the world being decided by a few onscreen characters, or over-step it's abilities by trying to showcase a full scale world. I was absolutely fine with the ending of the first season. The otherwise generic character designs (except Slaine and the Martians, who have iconic appearances) look great thanks to the art and compositing departments. It goes without saying that the soundtrack is incredible, particularly AZPV and Mikaliez. The fights are step up above your average Gundam fight, with emphasis on actual tactics and coordination as opposed to a character's ambiguous "fighting ability" determining the outcome. The show kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time, making the first season of Aldnoah Zero one of the few anime which have ever made me feel true suspense and worried about what would happen next. The core, central theme of the season was about pride and the cycle of hatred, and how both clouded the vision of those trying to find the truth. Almost everything that happened in the show connected back to that theme. The ending was excellent, with consequences befitting the somber tone of the story.

That said, the first season did suffer from some flaws that holdback from being a 9/10 or 10/10 on my list. The world is heavily underdeveloped; in particularly the Versian empire. We hardly learn anything about their culture. We know that they are short on supplies, and thus eat crap food and (on Mars) live in crap cities, but we never see this. Their culture is barely explored, with the only implications being that they are emulating medieval France and might be a scavenger/recyclist society due to scarcity of resources. It is implied that the Earth Federation (forgot the acronym in AZ) is corrupt and possibly consists of higher ups just as bad as the Versians, but this idea is never explored. We only get a small glimpse at life on Earth under the threat of a Versian invasion, we also could have been vastly expanded upon. Many characters remain under-characterized (does anyone seriously remember Nina or Inko? Yacoym and Selnakis? Me either), and the most interesting character plotlines are criminally under developed (particularly Marito, captain Magbaredge, Yuki, countess Orlane) or rushed (Rayet, Mazurek Klancain in the second season). The story stumbles during the middle of the season. The Dr. Troyard plotline goes absolutely nowhere.

Where the second story dropped the ball was in it's scope: whereas the first was a small scale story on the ground about a few characters with (relatively) small stakes, the story felt powerful and the conseqences dire. The second season then devolves into having the same small number of characters effectively deciding the fate of the world in 12 episodes whilist fighting in outer space. (The outer space battleground isn't inherently bad, but you see my point). This leads to the war feeling unrealistic given the grounded nature of the first season. Not to mention, the first episode of season 2 literally opens with a beach scene, completely negating the dire tone of the first. The immense sacrifices made in the first season are completely retconed, with all parties involved being reset. Saazbaum is simply evacuated to another castle with the same standing within the knights and the same amount of forces as before (and a repaired Discouria too), the Deucalion remains undamaged and operable despite having crashed at hundreds of miles per hour. Rather than having sacrificed hundreds of good troops and quality equipment to push back a single Versian castle (out of 37/38/39/ don't remember exactly how many), the Terran protagonists effectively get a free victory which not only pushes back the Versians, but they have somehow attained the upper hand in the fighting months later. The entire setup of the second season undermines the achievements of the first. This BEFORE we even get to the new season 2 content... I could make an entire post about that.
For what the writers could have done, I see two options.

1. Continue the grounded war story and small scale, only slightly increasing the scope of narrative and raising the stakes with each season. The first season was a struggle against a couple of counts and resulted in the destruction of a single landing castle (out of 37/38/39/whatever, there's dozens of them). The second season could have followed a campaign to liberate a country or penisiula. The third could be about retaking a continent, or a moderately sized rebellion to take out the corrupt federation leadership. The fourth could be outright retaking a continent, or expelling the Versians from Earth altogether. The fifth would then involve going into space to besiege the landing castles and/or moon. The story could end there, or they could try to invade Mars. An invasion of a planet could take many seasons of in it's self, to mention the battle just to secure supply lines and just getting past the forces in orbit. Each season would gradually expand upon the world and introduce us to more and more of the many key players who would be involved in this hypothetical inter-planetary war. And ofcourse, with this much time, there's so much that could be done with character storylines and relationships...

2. Follow another small scale story in the same vein as the first season in another location. Perhaps it could be about rebels in South America trying to organize and destroy the landing castle that landed in Santiago. Perhaps two rival lords who landed near each other begin conscripting Terrans to fight against their archenemy. Perhaps we could see a small, nice lord try to set an example by being a benevolent ruler trying to overcome the resistance of his people and the disdain of his peers. Perhaps a story about a small group of starving people on Mars who decide to start a local revolution.

But it's too late for that; what's done is done, and if we are to get any more AZ content, we have to base it around the now canon second season. Personally, I'd leave the ending of the second season as is, and instead create a prequel series following the Heaven's Fall, from the perspective of Marito, captain Magbaredge's deceased brother, Crutheo, Saazbaum, Orlane, and Dr. Troyard. Or, an OVA series following two rival Versian knights and their little war with each other.

denno- said:
I like how Aldnoah.Zero ended. It’s feels unique and realistic, I liked it more than I thought I would. The ending is aligned to how the three main characters’ development was throught the story. Inaho didn’t have much development going on aside from being a bit more emotional than what he was at the start of the show, while Slaine ended up paying for his the aftermath of his desire for Seylum, which was not what she wanted as she desires peace and harmony in all things, and being saved by the one man he didnt expect to be saved by; and Seylum got the ending that she wanted: Peace between Earth and Mars.

The thing is, the three characters’ resolves and desires don’t align with each other, in such a way that to chose one is to let go of the other; which is why we got this ending where none of them became a part of another or became an item but instead in their separate worlds, leading different lives.

I don’t think Inaho desired anything in particular aside from Seylum’s safety and his desire to save her, a case of innocent and pure love that wants nothing in return. For Inaho, regardless of the outcome, all that matters is that Seylum is safe and away from harm, which is why he didn’t get Seylum. I think he and Seylum could have been together she wasnt so gung ho about peace.

Slaine throughout the story has some twisted development going on, not to mention his character is full of contradictions (terran but is in Mars), poor baby doesn’t know where he sides. All he is aure about is his love for Seylum, so all for the sake of the one thing he is sure of, he went to great lengths until he got the result of his actions. My baby. I do agree that what he did shooting Inaho was a big wtf, but idk I love the guy amd his tortured soul. I’m probably one of the few people who’s happy he was saved and just wanted happiness for my baby.

Asseylum is the one who won the ending imo because she got exactly what she wanted: PEACE. I like Seylum, I love her resolution of putting her objective above all else, even her personal desires. I like that she doesnt sway and still thinks of the people and what she could do for them. I think she held the two boys dear, it’s been shown on multiple occassions. But she resolved on putting peace between Earth and Mars above all else so that was what she did, and therefore got the ending she wanted. Not probably what she wanted for herself personally, but it’s what she wanted as the Princess of Mars.

Forgive the long post I am just dying to let all this out. But all-in-all, I like how it ended.

I too, share this opinion of the ending. Although I thought the journey from season 1 to the ending of season 2 was rushed, I did love the first season and the broadstroke ideas of the second season, and the overall character arcs of our three mains.
Dec 17, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
It was plain retarded how Inaho shot his plane down, if he did not do that and let him meet with the princess that would be a happy ending. he did that shit so Slaine got tortured and ended up corrupted.

its no wonder slaine shot him in the eye cuz he did that shit.

and slaine was marked as the villian and bad guy. poor him. he doesnt deserve it

princess got NTR at end RIP.

its a good anime for sure but the ending for season 1 and 2 are so shit and beyond retarded.

Sep 7, 2021 11:23 PM
Apr 2018
Sorry, But the first and only project I liked from Gen Urobuchi is Just Fate Zero, it's basically based on the Moon-Type Update so I do not complain still feel like reality in the anime much more. But it's the only one, since then, I didn't touch an inch to his project, maybe the project was good to many fans of him but for me, I didn't feel anything besides angry same to nagi no asukara, when i saw this anime I thought " Aw, it's gonna be a good anime, clearly the characters of my taste".

But NOOOOO, ruining it by a BIGGGG ntr in the ending season, and the main react with "oh it's just a big new, nothing big, continue living" Make me so airhead, "man, building main with a logic brains to make impossible thing to possible thing like Lelouch, still scare & having no idea to courage take care his love, "

Since the fact's that audience comes to anime to experience the impossible logical things that cant happen in real-life illustrated by the animator. He even makes things weird that i have to think " Aw, did the studio not enough expense so let the anime end like that, did all Japanese people think like that, accept the fkin ntr like normally day life ?"

Well truly I wanna go Japanese for many reasons, but for this anime I know one thing Japanese isn't good to live with life-partner, bruh you having ntr, still all u can do is "alright, it's normal, i have to work hard" Damm, it's so fkin crazy and funny.

Still, this is my comment not for az but for the author, he cant never be a legend with this type of romance trap, the westen mix is just poor content, 2nd faker.
Dec 24, 2021 6:41 AM
Dec 2021
Alright, first things first:

1st season was good the music hyped me up, yes it was badass. The character development is okay but Inaho is missing his "human values" which "DOESN'T" make himself a MC character plus with know-it-all knowledge but shit character design and emotion.

Inaho, first he calculates the whole situation I mean anyone can do that right..? Yeah anyone can do that but seriously? Where are THE important PARTS of BEING an MC?! He's missing struggles, efforts (well a bit but crap), HiS gOd DaMn CoNfEsSiOn if he truly owes and totally love the NTR of the whole God Dem anime, PRINCESS ASSEYLUM VERS ALLUSIA!

Slaine, very good boy who denied to be a complete Martian not after episodes 11-12, became bullshit, why does he deserve to becaoe a earthling traitor, he did nothing wrong it was Orbital Knight, Count
Saazbaum fault (I'm not sure tho also not a genuine anime fan but I hope you get what I'm saying)

Ending of Season 1:

HOW THE HELL did Inaho survive? Shot at the eye and probably went straight to the brain, isn't that VERY deadly? I guess there are odds of surviving such a deadly life and death situation (but not the brain because it is very sensitive) what is the author thinking lol a bullet that small can even go through the brain and come out at the skull, I mean the gun looks like a combination of a full sized 9mm CZ 75B and a Ruger SR9, while Asseylum is shot clearly at both heart chest (maybe right or left) and maybe at the head and then placed to some half-assed regeneration machine that isn't even mostly likely possible (but let's just go with the mind of the author) sleeping for about 2 years.

Overall season 1 was half great. Be thankful that I love the Original Soundtrack of the anime
I'll give it a 6.2/10

Moving on to season 2, yeah... I wasn't expecting a season 2 that much but uh.. why not? alright forget about the combination of pistols crap thing I told.

Slaine my boy what the hell happened to your mind going insane and destroying your own planet, is that even how a human brain works?

Inaho with some machine that doesn't exist in our time, yet he somehow enhanced this analytic eye of his that totally can control him. Do I give a thing about this? HELL YES! Why not give the others the same thing? It would make their forces inevitable, most likely.

Saline again:
A all-out war that only ended a few minutes what a joke. A peace that wasn't successful, a war with a failed assassination task (not completely failed the replacement of her died instead. It still caused the war though), an all-out war that ended in a mere minutes. We are losing more than a trillion brain cells after seeing the ending.

Skip the details and such.

The fight between Inaho and Slaine was already predictable which makes it even worse, Low Budget Gundam fighting scene moment SHEEEEEEEEESH...

ASSeylum (I'm mad lol)

Asseylum at episode 11 sure has big nerves to do a ridiculous announcement (maybe deep inside Inaho is angry, we'll probably that's what others want) marrying a side character who just came in a VERY few episodes do I also give a crap about this? YES OF COURSE!

What we expected before end of ep23:
Asseylum makes peace with earth and ends up with Inaho.

What they saw:
Rushed thinking of ASSeylum LEAVES a Huge REGRET of watching this whole 2 season shit

To top it more the season 2 is MUCH WORSE than the previous season, the ending is a mess, the whole Aldnoah Zero anime is a MESS, the character development is a WHOLE MESS, AND the whole story (some was okay) IS MESSY AS DOGSHIT.

Leaving 3.5/10

And estimating both my overall rate of the anime is

9.7 out of 20.

Maybe I'll change my mind if the manga author adds a new volume of blah blah and the studio makes a better story that adds up to the 2 seasons of the anime.

I'm too lazy loooool, anyways thanks for taking your time reading my indecent comment

h.
Jan 1, 2022 3:48 PM

Oct 2020
Just finished watching the second season and that ending really did suck. I don’t really get why Troyard surrendered the moon at the end, it’s like he just gave up even though they seemingly had the upper hand. Plus, all that effort and Inaho doesn’t even get the Princess. Overall it was a pretty good show, the score was really good, it was just really let down by the ending.
Feb 20, 2022 3:44 AM
Jan 2022
Let's hope that there will be a more satisfying ending
Jul 18, 2022 12:33 PM
Oct 2020
What The Heck In the last, she bit the pranks of both the princesses
Jul 30, 2022 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
destroy own masterpiece self destruct 1000%

mc n mc princess not together very bad ending!
Oct 8, 2022 9:25 PM
Aug 2021
hikaru1414 said:
The ending was terrible... Like... Let's be honest, the show's story and characters weren't exactly good. Slaine's development was stupid, the main character was a robot even before he LITERALLY became one, and all the other characters are given like 0 screen time. So the only real character story is the one between the MC and the female lead. The only possible closure to the story that made sense between the characters would've been that they end up together. Why does she end up with some dude that's introduced in the second to last episode? Lol. Imagine that in a romance anime for a second. Dude and girl go through a bunch of shit to be together, and finally, when it's all resolved, girl just ends up with some random character for basically no reason.

I'm pretty sure why the author did it too. It's the same reason he finished that first season the way he did. Some people thinks a sad ending is always better than a happy one. However, there's a difference between sad/happy and bad/good. The ending needs to fit the story and themes, not just be like "well everything is leading to a happy ending... Better just make the ending sad out of no where"

I think you're missing the point. The Princess' loyalty was to Mars, she is a Royal and that comes with duty and service above self. She didn't marry the new guy because she loved him but because it would end the war and save the most lives. She put the interests of her people above her own which is exactly what Royalty should do.

Now it would have been nice to get a final scene between her and mc but in many ways it's also realistic. At the end of the day he's just a pilot, a good one but just a pilot whist she is a foreign Head of State. There's little reason why he would be at some ceremony.
Oct 8, 2022 9:32 PM
Aug 2021
JosukeBoi said:
Alright, first things first:

1st season was good the music hyped me up, yes it was badass. The character development is okay but Inaho is missing his "human values" which "DOESN'T" make himself a MC character plus with know-it-all knowledge but shit character design and emotion.

Inaho, first he calculates the whole situation I mean anyone can do that right..? Yeah anyone can do that but seriously? Where are THE important PARTS of BEING an MC?! He's missing struggles, efforts (well a bit but crap), HiS gOd DaMn CoNfEsSiOn if he truly owes and totally love the NTR of the whole God Dem anime, PRINCESS ASSEYLUM VERS ALLUSIA!

Slaine, very good boy who denied to be a complete Martian not after episodes 11-12, became bullshit, why does he deserve to becaoe a earthling traitor, he did nothing wrong it was Orbital Knight, Count
Saazbaum fault (I'm not sure tho also not a genuine anime fan but I hope you get what I'm saying)

Ending of Season 1:

HOW THE HELL did Inaho survive? Shot at the eye and probably went straight to the brain, isn't that VERY deadly? I guess there are odds of surviving such a deadly life and death situation (but not the brain because it is very sensitive) what is the author thinking lol a bullet that small can even go through the brain and come out at the skull, I mean the gun looks like a combination of a full sized 9mm CZ 75B and a Ruger SR9, while Asseylum is shot clearly at both heart chest (maybe right or left) and maybe at the head and then placed to some half-assed regeneration machine that isn't even mostly likely possible (but let's just go with the mind of the author) sleeping for about 2 years.

Overall season 1 was half great. Be thankful that I love the Original Soundtrack of the anime
I'll give it a 6.2/10

Moving on to season 2, yeah... I wasn't expecting a season 2 that much but uh.. why not? alright forget about the combination of pistols crap thing I told.

Slaine my boy what the hell happened to your mind going insane and destroying your own planet, is that even how a human brain works?

Inaho with some machine that doesn't exist in our time, yet he somehow enhanced this analytic eye of his that totally can control him. Do I give a thing about this? HELL YES! Why not give the others the same thing? It would make their forces inevitable, most likely.

Saline again:
A all-out war that only ended a few minutes what a joke. A peace that wasn't successful, a war with a failed assassination task (not completely failed the replacement of her died instead. It still caused the war though), an all-out war that ended in a mere minutes. We are losing more than a trillion brain cells after seeing the ending.

Skip the details and such.

The fight between Inaho and Slaine was already predictable which makes it even worse, Low Budget Gundam fighting scene moment SHEEEEEEEEESH...

ASSeylum (I'm mad lol)

Asseylum at episode 11 sure has big nerves to do a ridiculous announcement (maybe deep inside Inaho is angry, we'll probably that's what others want) marrying a side character who just came in a VERY few episodes do I also give a crap about this? YES OF COURSE!

What we expected before end of ep23:
Asseylum makes peace with earth and ends up with Inaho.

What they saw:
Rushed thinking of ASSeylum LEAVES a Huge REGRET of watching this whole 2 season shit

To top it more the season 2 is MUCH WORSE than the previous season, the ending is a mess, the whole Aldnoah Zero anime is a MESS, the character development is a WHOLE MESS, AND the whole story (some was okay) IS MESSY AS DOGSHIT.

Leaving 3.5/10

And estimating both my overall rate of the anime is

9.7 out of 20.

Maybe I'll change my mind if the manga author adds a new volume of blah blah and the studio makes a better story that adds up to the 2 seasons of the anime.

I'm too lazy loooool, anyways thanks for taking your time reading my indecent comment

h.

As crazy and unrealistic as it seems people have actually survived being shot through the eye and gone on to live a normal and healthy life (excluding an eye obviously) and with larger bullets than what I'm guessing was a 9mm.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.