Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2016 5:31 PM
Oct 2010
Okay, so the character design and the animation art really resembles that of Kiseijuu, in my opinion. And Yuri reminds me a lot of Shinichi.
When I saw the first episode I thought instantly that this must be by the same manga creator as Kiseijuu, but then now, I found out that this anime is an original, so..

I was just wondering if someone else noticed this like me (the resemblances) and knows something more about it :)
Dec 24, 2016 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
VampireLine said:
Okay, so the character design and the animation art really resembles that of Kiseijuu, in my opinion. And Yuri reminds me a lot of Shinichi.
When I saw the first episode I thought instantly that this must be by the same manga creator as Kiseijuu, but then now, I found out that this anime is an original, so..

I was just wondering if someone else noticed this like me (the resemblances) and knows something more about it :)

They both share the same character designer.
https://myanimelist.net/people/6185/Hiramatsu_Tadashi
Dec 24, 2016 6:09 PM
Oct 2010
Ah, nice! I see :P Could you explain more what a character designer do? Is it that they "design" the manga characters into animation characters, or if a mangaka or anime production have a story but need someone to make up their characters and design..? what front are they on most, manga or anime?
Dec 24, 2016 10:07 PM

Jul 2014
Anime character designers design the characters like they'll appear in the anime. One of the original creators of the show, Kubo Mitsurou, is the one who came up with the designs (credited as original character designer) while Hiramatsu adapted them for anime. or something like that

Also, supposedly the kiseijuu manga art style is a lot different from the anime.
Dec 29, 2016 9:03 AM
Oct 2010
vikki7783 said:
Anime character designers design the characters like they'll appear in the anime. One of the original creators of the show, Kubo Mitsurou, is the one who came up with the designs (credited as original character designer) while Hiramatsu adapted them for anime. or something like that

Also, supposedly the kiseijuu manga art style is a lot different from the anime.

Ah, I see, thanks!

Yeah, I noticed that too! (that the kiseijuu manga art is a bit different from the anime art). But the manga is a very old tho..
So there's still hope for today's mangas to be animated in like 10 years! :P
Jan 6, 2017 12:50 PM

Jan 2016
VampireLine said:
Ah, nice! I see :P Could you explain more what a character designer do? Is it that they "design" the manga characters into animation characters, or if a mangaka or anime production have a story but need someone to make up their characters and design..? what front are they on most, manga or anime?

I also want to point out that character designers are very important In anime. Often times you will see that the character designer is also the animation supervisor, because they are already supposed to know how to best animate their designs from any given angle or expression. Great designs that translate well to animation are difficult to make.
Jan 6, 2017 5:01 PM
Oct 2010
Thanks for telling me :)
Jan 8, 2017 11:41 PM

Jan 2014
Shinichi and Yuri could be mistaken for twins.
F0XFIRE said:
OP 4 most butthurt bitch on MAL.

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
2 hours ago

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Yesterday

9 by Mimi_Jazmin »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.