Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2016 10:39 AM
Nov 2015
I have a few questions regarding MAL:

1) How can I sort my PTW or PTR lists in the order of their given ratings on MAL (not my given ratings)?
2) What is the priority filter for?
3) Why are some manga seasons separated out? For example, Fate/Zero is separated into season 1 and 2 despite being from the same series. I can understand sequels being split up, obviously, but seasons being separated can make rating more difficult.

Suggestions:
I mentioned this just a few days ago but partially forgot about the thread so I decided to add it here. I know that Korean Webtoons are excluded as only series that are physically published are allowed to be included but since MAL is a website for suggesting and discussing manga/manhwa etc, to exclude something that is only going to gain more popularity for the sole reason of not being published physically is pointless. I can understand if it's due to a lack of time or the current maintenance being tough enough, but there's no reason to be excluding them since suggesting manga is one of the biggest reasons for the websites existence.

Thank You.
BurstChaosDec 25, 2016 5:02 AM
Dec 25, 2016 5:02 AM
Nov 2015
Bump.
Dec 26, 2016 1:05 PM
Nov 2015
Second Bump.
Dec 26, 2016 10:58 PM

Mar 2007
1. If you mean the score, I don't think you can do it on your list. At least I haven't seen any way you can. You can only sort that when searching the database but that'll include everything not on your list as well.

2. When you add a series to your list you can set the priority for it based on your watching/reading priority. The filter will allow you to sort it from highest to lowest or lowest to highest.

Kineta said:
  • If a TV series is split into two parts and at least one season (~12 weeks) falls between the last episode of the first part and the first episode of the second part, the second part will be treated as a second season and the anime will have two entries.

Note: This is to organize currently airing series that have large gaps between seasons so entries are not left as currently airing for months on users' lists (e.g. White Album, Asura Cryin). Thus, if a similar gap occurred with a series that has already finished airing, that entry will not be split now (e.g. Cardcaptor Sakura, Big O).

• If there is no gap between seasons, but the continuation of the series is indicated as a separate season with a new title, it will get a second entry. (e.g. Shugo Chara, Shikabane Hime)

I hope that helps answer your questions. As for your suggestion, it's been suggested and denied many times over the years. You can read more about why here and here.
Jan 6, 2017 6:54 AM
Nov 2015
Also, shouldn't there be a caught up filter for manga or anime that are continuing but you've caught up to? You can't really label them as complete since they're not complete and you can't label them as reading as there's nothing left to read. Plus, this is a good way to separate those that you can read as opposed to those that you can't.
Jan 17, 2017 8:10 AM
Nov 2015
Ultimate Bump.

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Today, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.