Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2016
9/10 JoJo part 4 was great! Enjoyable to watch each week and the final fight was just as good as anticipated!

The summer of 1999 was special for both Josuke & his gang and me as i was born that year LMAO!

Hope to get part 5 animated next year, that would make 2017 sucha good year as the line up for 2017 already looks amazing!
Dec 23, 2016 2:10 PM
Nov 2016
Erroratu said:
Amazing episode,I teared up a bit even when I knew what was gonna happen cause I read the manga
Props to DP
Ihateplebs said:
Read deadman's questions

Wasn't Deadmans Questions never finished?
He just kind says he wants to punish the monk girl and thats where it ends

Yes, but you can use your imagination
Dec 23, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
I cried manly tears.Goddamn it, one day when I'm old and grey I'm going to watch this again and look back on an adventure of some kids in 1999 that I watched in 2016 and cry all over again. Duwang indeed.
Dec 23, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
Been watching Jojo every week since Stardust Crusaders second season. Part 4 was one hell of a ride. I love Morioh's crazy inhabitants and it wasn't until I read these comments when I realized that I won't be seeing most of them anymore.

It was a great episode, I kind of wish they worked Kira's final scene a bit more. I was expecting that scene with the hands to be more impressive. But I'm fine with how it turned out.
If only we would get a word from Araki on the mysterious stranger that saved Josuke back then, that would have made it excellent. I think it was a good move from DP to leave that topic ambiguous as well, since there's no real word on it.

RediceRyan said:
Hard to believe a full on Star Platinum wasn't enough to instantly kill him but being run over by an ambulance was. Puts some perspective into this. Like I'd think that Star Platinum would be able to completely disintegrate someone if time was stopped and all that energy from all those punches build up and was released instantly. Still a thousand or so pounds and some rotations of a wheel ended up being more deadly. Strange to think about.
Happy ending though, no big set up for the future parts.

I think his focus was merely disabling Kira. His time freeze isn't what it was during DIO's battle, so he had to make the most of it. (Even though he had time to praise Koichi, it's not like it is the first time they waste time talking in Jojo anyway)
Dec 23, 2016 2:22 PM
Jul 2016
JSlick said:
People dislike part 5? I'm almost finished reading it and I'd say it's probably my second favorite after part 2.

I think it's in no small part due to the horrible scans that were the only ones available some time ago. I think it's great, probably my 3rd favorite part.

Loved the ending, really well adapted.
samrol_sotiefaDec 23, 2016 3:11 PM
Dec 23, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2016
DanKyoko said:
If only we would get a word from Araki on the mysterious stranger that saved Josuke back then, that would have made it excellent. I think it was a good move from DP to leave that topic ambiguous as well, since there's no real word on it

It's generally accepted that the guy is exactly like Josuke simply because it was Koichi telling the story, and that's how he imagined him.
Dec 23, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
Kira definitely got the sort of fate that worked best for everyone. Of course his evil secrets will never reach the ears of those that need to know them most, but he went out without anyone becoming a murderer himself since in the eyes of society, he was a fine addition to society as opposed to an undetected tumor. And his soul was denied the possibility of ghost on ghost rape by a gaggle of hands that presumably whisked away to get tickled severely alongside Cheap Trick.

He did give us one last wonderful Kira moment here though.

How would you deal with your kid if you found him whacking off for the 1st time to 16th century art?

I'm pretty happy with how DP added some final moments to pad out the run-time here though. No part V teaser as I would have liked, but seeing some additional scenes with all my lovely Jojo's and Brojo's being happy in their own ways one more time was a fine alternative.

Hopefully this Jojo drought will be merciful like the one between Stardust Crusaders and this arc.

I guess the take away from this all was....

JSlick said:
People dislike part 5? I'm almost finished reading it and I'd say it's probably my second favorite after part 2.

Part V is dope as fuck. I don't really get it either.
gedataDec 23, 2016 2:40 PM
Dec 23, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2016
The final Jojo Friday until part 5. But it was a GUREATO finale! I had read ahead in the manga so I knew what was gonna happen but nonetheless it was amazing! 9/10!
Dec 23, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
GangsterCat said:
now we need to endure part 5 & 6 before the great part 7

"endure". Lol.
Part 6 is arguably one of the best.
Dec 23, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2016
kronos7 said:
GangsterCat said:
now we need to endure part 5 & 6 before the great part 7

"endure". Lol.
part 6 plot is good but the characters are just so bad!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 23, 2016 3:15 PM
Jun 2016
I am badly going to miss this show. Has it been announced if/when the next part will be animated?
Dec 23, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
Venator25 said:
I am badly going to miss this show. Has it been announced if/when the next part will be animated?

no, but there is a JoJo event in February, so we can expect part 5 announcement then
your waifu is shit
Dec 23, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
GangsterCat said:
kronos7 said:

"endure". Lol.
part 6 plot is good but the characters are just so bad!

Dec 23, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2013
Rrecool said:
.. And Kira would have lived a quiet life too, if it weren't for them meddling kids.

---- and their stupid dog! *badump*
Dec 23, 2016 3:30 PM
Jun 2014
JSlick said:

Same here.

I like parts 2, 7 and 5 the most.

Middle is 1, 8 and 3.

Bottom is 4 and 6.
Dec 23, 2016 3:33 PM
Nov 2016
Saandro said:
JSlick said:

Same here.

I like parts 2, 7 and 5 the most.

Middle is 1, 8 and 3.

Bottom is 4 and 6.

You should wait till Part 8 is finished before placing it. It is awesome though.

Favorite parts: 4, 7, 6, 5.

Least favorite Parts: 1-3
Dec 23, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
Neat episode, but I feel like I was expecting a bit more from the conclusion considering the endings in previous parts have traditionally been incredibly strong. For example I would have loved to see the whole cast being somehow involved in the final blow, but then again that ZA WARUDO + yare yare combination was good enogh as it was.

Anyways, overall it was great and Kira was definitely the best villain in the series so far.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 23, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
DAMMIT GIV ME PART 5 ALREADY!

Really Great ending for JoJo Part 4. And the most Hilarious Irony of The luckiest man Kira getting a very unlucky death, face ran over by a ambulance...A FREAKIN AMBULANCE xDDDDD

9.5/10
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 23, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2014
Watching those last few episodes.. I don't know how to put it, but I got a boner.
Excellent conclusion to an excellent series but still while DP did a good job, I found the manga version to be a bit more enjoyable overall, so it won't get full marks.
It's definitely one of the highlight of 2016 though and I really, really hope we get the rest of the series animated as well.

JSlick said:

That part 5 is seen as inferior to the other parts is one of the greatest mysteries in the Jojo fandom in my opinion.
It's outstanding and I just hope the possible anime adaptation is able to make people like it just a bit more.
Dec 23, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2013
Halicone said:
That part 5 is seen as inferior to the other parts is one of the greatest mysteries in the Jojo fandom in my opinion.

I blame the old English scanlation which was based on the Chinese version, and done by someone who barely knew Chinese

More to say on the actual episode in a bit
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 23, 2016 4:27 PM
Nov 2016
Part 5 is more popular in Japan than it is in the West. So while it's not a bad part it isn't great, it's basically Part 3. Part 4 is Araki's favorite Part.
Dec 23, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
One nitpick, where the hell is my Vento Aureo teaser? I know they will add an extra content because they didn't put the OP, I clearly expect it will be VA teaser but too bad it's just a glimpse of how the cast doing as an epilogue.

On to the series, it's a beautiful duwang really, despite it's monster of the week kind of setting, it feel more storyline focused and handled better than SC.

Kira is just so fucking fabulous nuff said.

9/10
Dec 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
how did shigeshige survive ? they confirmed him dead like 4 months ago
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
YoodiHoshi said:
Halicone said:

I blame the old English scanlation which was based on the Chinese version, and done by someone who barely knew Chinese

More to say on the actual episode in a bit

That might have an influence but then again DiU was already well liked even with only the Duwang scanlations available, so it's not the only reason.
It's probably that the end fight had left people a bit disappointed and I agree it could have been better. I have to say though that it should not be enough to invalidate 150+ chapters of non stop action between the most eccentric stand users with even more outlandish powers that Jojo has ever seen (till that part, at least)
Dec 23, 2016 4:58 PM

Jul 2016
What do I do now without JoJo?
Dec 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
Halicone said:
That might have an influence but then again DiU was already well liked even with only the Duwang scanlations available, so it's not the only reason.
The difference is that DiU's was fully re-translated much quicker, and the Duwang version of it was done by someone who KNEW Chinese + the context of most of everything going on, but was mainly not too good at grammar

The person in charge of Vento Aureo's 'Duwang' scans just made things up half the time and just left it at that. You know how there's these subtle implications within movies about gang members? None of that was conveyed through those old scans
ShigyCDec 23, 2016 5:03 PM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 23, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2014
That was a good ending. Kira went off in a well-deserved way. This part 4 was great and now my second favourite.

I will certainly miss that opening, and this will be my first and last time to say "what a beautiful duwang."
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 23, 2016 5:03 PM
Jul 2011
Gonna miss that weekly Jojo.
Kira was a great villain.
Jotaro delivers the iconic final blow but Josuke still put in his worth in the fight, the Jojo family is something else.
Feel bad for Hayato, he never got proper closure with his real dad. His mom is probably all messed up.
Koichi is a lucky bastard.
Dec 23, 2016 5:15 PM

May 2014
I'm so sad that it's over but goddamn did it go out with a bang and a pose!
I don't like to think that this will prolly be the last time we get to see Joseph, Josuke and Okuyasu ;_;

I could probably write paragraph upon paragraph about why this was so awesome but to summarize:

-Obligatory hand licking
-Kira's death was damn brutal
-Team (+ambulance) effort to take him out
-Rohan being a 'lil Tsundere
-Reimi in general tbh
-Josuke really showing that he is Joseph's son- stealing his wallet using Crazy D was hilarious.
-Joseph just being, well, Joseph. Totally headcanon him putting on that senile act in the beginning...can't believe he actually wanted that pic of Tomoko my god, when will he ever learn?! XD

Only thing that could've made this better would've been a Part 5 teaser- like part 2 did with part 3. But maybe we'll get something on the 30th anniversary?? I think it's January 1st- hopefully we get some sort of announcement soon- don't leave me hanging DavidPro!!

All I can say now is bring on that OVA!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2016 5:15 PM
Dec 2016
it's sad that it's finally over, i'm hoping that part 5 will be airing shortly after.
Dec 23, 2016 5:19 PM
May 2009
those feels at the end ... :(
JoJo Fridays will be dearly missed.

Part 5 can't come soon enough!
Dec 23, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
YoodiHoshi said:
Halicone said:
The difference is that DiU's was fully re-translated much quicker, and the Duwang version of it was done by someone who KNEW Chinese + the context of most of everything going on, but was mainly not too good at grammar

The person in charge of Vento Aureo's 'Duwang' scans just made things up half the time and just left it at that. You know how there's these subtle implications within movies about gang members? None of that was conveyed through those old scans

I haven't compared the proper scans with the old scans yet so I don't know how much has been altered, but if what you are saying is true, I'm hopeful that a well translated Vento Aureo might change people's minds in the future.
We'll have to see!~
Dec 23, 2016 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
While I do prefer the manga for this part, I won't deny what a good job DP did with everything.

Goodbye Morioh.
Dec 23, 2016 5:25 PM

Dec 2010
Hahah, I guess that Joseph was indeed shitting Jotaro at the beginning. This alone made me apreciate the great ending even more.

Characters: +0.5 | Joseph, lul.
Atmosphere: 1 | I don't like Morioh, but it's feeling was set very well.
OST: 0.5 | Chase was good, CNBT not so much and I didn't like the third OP at all.
Quality: 1 | The animation quality was good for the most part.
Storyline: 1 | Despite all the fluff, the Kira storyline itself was pretty good.
Background: 0.5 | I pretty much give this half a point just because of Joseph; One would think we could use so well the background we have built for 3 parts now, but no, scratch that.
Ending: 1 | The ending was unexpectedly good, it's actually the best thing about this show.
Drama: 0.5
Overall score: 0.5 | People like this part so much, but to me it was entertaining at most, with a big chunk of its potential wasted. It was a good story to follow, but it's the least good Jojo part to me.
Overall score: 6.5/10
Dec 23, 2016 5:43 PM
Sep 2014
Very very epic ending! Everyone worked together to take him down i completely loved it. Jotaro finished him off suprisingly we got to see some ORAORAORA in the time stop it felt like some Akuma type of finish. His death was brutal and even reimi dealt with him I loved it. Definitely a better villain than dio and probably the best villain yet to date the least couple of episodes have been so intense my god kira will be missed. Really great finish, loved the ride hopefully we'll be beack for part 5 in 2017/2018.
Dec 23, 2016 5:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:
how did shigeshige survive ? they confirmed him dead like 4 months ago
You mean Shigechi? Where did you get the idea that he's alive?
Dec 23, 2016 6:15 PM
May 2010
Totally going to miss this, the wait for Vento Auero is going to be difficult.

I want to say Koichi 3 freeze is the highlight of this episode for me, but I really can't ignore the classic Kira creepy speech. Also it's so typical of Jojo to end it with the MC doing a faboulous pose

I'd love to hear the full JOESTARS version of Great Days, but I guess I'll have to wait for that too
Dec 23, 2016 6:17 PM

Jan 2013
This part has been lack luster. I don't know if it was the hype that preceded it or just an overall weak showing. The final episode did nothing to change it either. Kira's a cool villain but got some real BS power ups and skills. The final battle seemed less intense than part 3. Many of the filler took away from the story and much of the fights relied on deus ex machina and terrible writing to force tension or provide an ending. Stands are widly inconsistent or powers are forgotten. Kira getting killed by an ambulance is just terrible and unfitting end, worse than Bane's death in batman. Lets not forget, or maybe we are supposed to forget the time traveling person that saved teenage josuke. SMH....this part is just wasted potential.
Dec 23, 2016 6:59 PM

Jan 2008
Wait, so we don't get an actual episode about Josuke's hair thing flashback that happened way back in the first half? Dang... I was hoping that was related to Kira's time ability... a bit disappointed to be honest.
PaulDec 23, 2016 7:12 PM
Dec 23, 2016 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
The irony. Killed by an ambulance. It looked like that ambulance was backing up too fast for no reason. Why the hell was he backing up so fast? Slow down dammit!

And Kira that weird bastard. He got a fucking erection by looking at Mona Lisa's hands. Leonardo did not expect something like this to happen lol.

We got some good old ora ora ora courtesy of Star Platinum and Jotaro. Jotaro ended up being the one dealing the final blows to Kira.

Brilliant stuff. The coolness and badassery was all here. The issue I had here was that the visuals tended to fall at times. And there wasn't a cgi opening here which disappointed lol. Anyway, pretty cool stuff here. Now to wait for more Jojo.
Dec 23, 2016 7:15 PM

Nov 2012
JAmbulance Joestar was done justice!

The final Baitza Dustu was exceptionally well done. The effects were were seriously breathtaking!

I love how the anime original contents in the end tie up with everything. JoJo's stories always had a sudden halt after the final fight, with almost every single part from 1 to 6 [haven't completed the later ones yet]. Well, except for part 2 from these six I guess. So overall, this ending moments were worth it. Also, Tommy and CODA singing Great Days when the father-son bonding(!) moment was happening! I really started to jump around with joy XD

The nod at the commercials of DiU previously felt really good. I love how DP shows respect to the fans of the franchise.

One heck of a vacation in Morioh town! Now really can't wait to take the tour of Italy ;)
TahZinDec 23, 2016 7:19 PM
Dec 23, 2016 7:19 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
@Paul @Animayham

There's a common misconception that Josuke time traveled back in time to save his child self. Do note that the flashback was shown from Koichi's perspective, and since he didn't see the savior himself and since he knows that he has the same hairstyle as Josuke, he just substituted Josuke's look as the savoir's (since he doesn't know how he's supposed to look).
Dec 23, 2016 7:31 PM

May 2015
Animayham said:
Kira getting killed by an ambulance is just terrible and unfitting end, worse than Bane's death in batman. Lets not forget, or maybe we are supposed to forget the time traveling person that saved teenage josuke.

"Things doesn't go the way I want =/= Bad"

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Dec 23, 2016 7:57 PM
Nov 2016
Animayham said:
This part has been lack luster. I don't know if it was the hype that preceded it or just an overall weak showing. The final episode did nothing to change it either. Kira's a cool villain but got some real BS power ups and skills. The final battle seemed less intense than part 3. Many of the filler took away from the story and much of the fights relied on deus ex machina and terrible writing to force tension or provide an ending. Stands are widly inconsistent or powers are forgotten. Kira getting killed by an ambulance is just terrible and unfitting end, worse than Bane's death in batman. Lets not forget, or maybe we are supposed to forget the time traveling person that saved teenage josuke. SMH....this part is just wasted potential.
Part 4 has lower stakes compared to every other part in JoJo, they aren't out to save the world, just stop a serial killer. Josuke was originally supposed to get sent back in time by BTD, but then Araki changed his mind.
Dec 23, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2008
GoldenDevilGamer said:
@Paul @Animayham

There's a common misconception that Josuke time traveled back in time to save his child self. Do note that the flashback was shown from Koichi's perspective, and since he didn't see the savior himself and since he knows that he has the same hairstyle as Josuke, he just substituted Josuke's look as the savoir's (since he doesn't know how he's supposed to look).

I see, thanks for the clear up. Just been a while since I saw it and I could remember the person pushing the car heavily injured like Josuke was when fighting Kira, so figured there'd be a relation with that and the time traveling powers in this show but I guess not.
Dec 23, 2016 8:41 PM

Jul 2013
last two episodes were pretty good (minus cutting out Kira's math projectile equations)
overall a mess of bad character designs and QUALITY, if they apply this art-style to part 5 the part most brutal and sad part im out

PLEASE BRING THE BUDGET BACK
Dec 23, 2016 8:42 PM

Apr 2007
The way Kira was defeated and all the emotions, what a powerful ending.

Diamond was hit and miss with me, with the weakest part being the characters. Yeah Josuke and Rohan are pretty cool, but never really stood out. Okuyasu was easily the biggest disappointment. I wish the dude did more and Kouichi did less :(

Strangely enough Otoishi Akira and Fungami Yuya are my favorites and they were such bastards in the beginning lol

But probably the biggest problem is that Jojo is just not meant to be watched weekly (for me). Future releases will be complete BD marathons like the previous three :v
Dec 23, 2016 8:42 PM

Dec 2008
Thank you for The GREAT DAYS Jojo
9/10
Dec 23, 2016 9:42 PM

Dec 2013
Ahh I wanted more from Part 4! Such an enjoyable series!
RIP Kira though. Best villain out of all the JoJo villains that came out so far. (Yes, better than Dio imo.)

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Mar 2012
Not seeing The Hand anymore makes me sad. Such an interesting stand.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

117 by utopica »»
Jan 1, 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.