Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 23, 2016 12:40 PM
May 2013
Kira was such a good villain :D bit weird how i still felt a bit sorry for him. But now for the real important shit, THAT POSE! :D Perfect end, every part should end with a pose XD
Dec 23, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2011
Greatio ending omg.
PART 5 PLEASE
Dec 23, 2016 12:42 PM
Dec 2008
This was it? Well at least is was better than Stardust. Really thought we were gonna have a Dio arc or something but it was just Kira 39 eps long meh.
Dec 23, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2015
What a series maybe the best of this 2016, loved it! Maybe the singular elements as main character and main villain might not be the best but overall it is the best jojo part yet.

The only reason Dio still wins over Kira for me is that first episode of Phantom Blood that was just too awesome. However Kira takes the best death of a villain and maybe of all Jojo's characters. Run over by an ambulance HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Most comic episode is probably the italian restaurant, it was hilarious and that's impressive considering it was a filler.

I think that my favourite episode was Tamami Kobayashi vs Koichi, it was incredibly engaging, funny and a roller-coaster of emotions with all those reversals of whose in control of the situation.

It might lack a bit of tragedy towards the end as no one of the main cast died like in the previous parts but it's not that bad since it makes the jojo series less predictable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2016 12:54 PM

Mar 2008
LGHyourinmaru said:
This was it? Well at least is was better than Stardust. Really thought we were gonna have a Dio arc or something but it was just Kira 39 eps long meh.

Yeah, he would come back for them to kill him off for the third time.

Dec 23, 2016 12:55 PM
Nov 2016
LGHyourinmaru said:
Dio is dead, only his influence remains.
Dec 23, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2015
The boner escene was even better than the manga, 10/10.

Love it, this whole season was a bizarre journey.

I hope we get vento aureo in fall 2017- winter 2018.
Dec 23, 2016 12:59 PM
Sep 2014
Madotsuki-san said:
To everyone who hasn't read the manga, I highly recommend checking out the Dead Man's Questions story after finishing this episode.

It provides a nice addition to the ending of Part 4, and it seems that it won't be adapted into an OVA as I hoped.

No. There is no point in ruining such a perfect ending. Let us all imagine Kira's fate for ourselves. Cause in DMQ it sucks (not for Kira, unfortunately).
Dec 23, 2016 1:03 PM
Aug 2016
When I saw this last episode...
How do I say this...?
It's a bit crude, but...
heheh...
I got... a boner.
Dec 23, 2016 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
The ending was perfect in everything (animation/OST/voice acting). Loved Kira's end (both his death and his true fate at the end, how ironic). I will miss that bastard, who has turned into my favourite villain (and one of my favourite characters) of JoJo for the moment. Hell, I will miss everyone of this Part.

Tbh, I didn't expected to like DiU as much as I ended liking it (even more than SC, who I liked a lot), but this won me. Apart of having a more relatable setting and characters, and a more active (and surprisingly relatable) antagonist than Dio, I ended loving everything from it. The epilogue with everyone in Morioh having a conclusion and that great Days sung by every single person who made a JoJo opening got me.

9.5/10 and my fav Part for the moment. Also AOTY. Thank you for exist, David Production.

Now, time to wait for Rohan's OVA, and (hopefully), for Vento Aureo anime. Time to read za mango then.

P.S: I cannot believe I lived to watch the boner scene animated. My whole life it's complete now.
Dec 23, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
"Ooops, I didn't mean that"

Josuke's famous farewell pose was
kind of off but I'll let it slide since DP
did an awesome job for Part 4

But man, another long wait so
that I can resume having Jojo
Friday. For Part 5 though, I can't
wait for them to dance(read part
5 if you wanna know what I mean)

Dec 23, 2016 1:17 PM

Mar 2014
TheDogeMaster said:
Great ending.
Poor Kira :'(

Exactly my thoughts, even if he deserved the death by the call of the sirens, the scenes of the Kowasu family made him a very likeable character also he just wants a quiet life like a plant lol .

Even if it was awesome (like the rest of the Jojo's seasons), the "quality" in every single episode of this season make it a little far away of be perfect score in my opinion.
JoycdonnellMar 22, 2019 12:22 PM
Dec 23, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2016
now we need to endure part 5 & 6 before the great part 7
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 23, 2016 1:24 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kira's erection line was delivered well and his seiyuu didn't disappoint. Even Koichi helped at the end and it's cool to see Jotaro acknowledge his skills. Star Platinum's "ORA, ORA, ORA" was great. I loved the art when Kira thought that he supposedly triggered Bites the Dust. I love how a pathetic character like Kira got his pathetic death of being run over. Kira is easily the most well-written villain in the JoJo series, more than Funny Valentine, imo.

Kira and Reimi's conversation was cool and I love how Kira's face changes back to his original appearance. Lol at Kira summoning Killer Queen, only to be ripped apart. Poor Kira forced Killer Queen to be molested by those hands, lol.

Dem feels when Reimi moved on and that moment with the Kawajiri family. And lol at the scene with Josuke stealing Joseph's wallet.

What impressed me the most is that David Production added an anime-original epilogue that was amazing. They showed on every surviving allied Stand users. And the Great Days OP being sung by the singers of the previous JoJo singers was amazing. No tease for Vento Aureo, but I don't really mind.

And thus ends the adaptation of my favorite JoJo part. Can't wait for an adaptation on Part 5 (since it will defenitely happen, due to it being one of the most popular JoJo parts in Japan).

9.5/10
GoldenDevilGamerDec 23, 2016 2:13 PM
Dec 23, 2016 1:30 PM

Jul 2015
TheMaster100 said:
The adventure of a bizarre summer that took place in 1999 has finally concluded.
Now it's time to wait for another Bizarre Adventure in 2001 Italy, but I'm going to start reading the manga so the wait won't be to bad for me
Sup...
Dec 23, 2016 1:46 PM
Aug 2015
The episode itself was interesting. Like how Rohan will miss seeing Reimi! Me thinks that mangaka got his inspiration from Reimi's death. Also, the closer was interesting from the other jojo seasons. Example, everyone has gone back to their everyday life now that Kira's dead or being tortured in the afterlife but felt somewhat cliche . "Great Days" at the this segment fits nicely.

Finally, their is a referance to shonen jump after Rohan's working ritual.

Overall, best ending I seen so far in jojo
episode: 8/10
season: 8.5/10
CelestialshardDec 23, 2016 1:52 PM
Dec 23, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
LGHyourinmaru said:

This isn't Naruto/DBZ,JoJo doesn't recycle old villains constantly
DIO is the only character to be the main antagonist of 2 parts.
He is still plot important in the future but he isn't coming back
Dec 23, 2016 2:01 PM

Jun 2010
Dammit, even though I knew eating at Tonio's wouldn't be enough to restore Okuyasu's Dad to his human form, my hopes were dashed. Damn you David Productions!!

A fantastic episode to end an extraordinary series, thank you DP for all of the hard work giving DiU an adaption it deserved. Here's hoping that a Vento Auero announcement is just a month or two away!

j-l said:
Everything was amazing !!!
Well, only complain would be that they nerfed Jotaro's THE WORLD-uuuuuu.
Even if he hadn't used it for 10 years, this whole month or over hoewever long period of time this part takes place, he could "just in case" refresh his skills to get at least those 10 seconds of time stop back.
Then again, obviously it would be too over powered.
Because in this case he was like "5 m is too much of a distance", while at part 3 final fight Dio stopped time, went to like the other side of the Universe, got the steamroller, came back, and dropped it on Jotaro ;]

Jotaro never was and never will be able to stop time for 10 seconds; the absolute limit that a human is able to stop time for is 5 seconds because of the strain it puts on the user's endurance. Dio was only able to go over that because he was a vampire, and even then he was only able to do that once he fully claimed Jonathan's body as his own. In DiU I don't think Jotaro was able to get his time stop beyond a 2 second freeze.

Dec 23, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
Hard to believe a full on Star Platinum wasn't enough to instantly kill him but being run over by an ambulance was. Puts some perspective into this. Like I'd think that Star Platinum would be able to completely disintegrate someone if time was stopped and all that energy from all those punches build up and was released instantly. Still a thousand or so pounds and some rotations of a wheel ended up being more deadly. Strange to think about.
Happy ending though, no big set up for the future parts.
Dec 23, 2016 2:03 PM

Dec 2014
People dislike part 5? I'm almost finished reading it and I'd say it's probably my second favorite after part 2.
Dec 23, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2016
9/10 JoJo part 4 was great! Enjoyable to watch each week and the final fight was just as good as anticipated!

The summer of 1999 was special for both Josuke & his gang and me as i was born that year LMAO!

Hope to get part 5 animated next year, that would make 2017 sucha good year as the line up for 2017 already looks amazing!
Dec 23, 2016 2:10 PM
Nov 2016
Erroratu said:
Amazing episode,I teared up a bit even when I knew what was gonna happen cause I read the manga
Props to DP
Ihateplebs said:
Read deadman's questions

Wasn't Deadmans Questions never finished?
He just kind says he wants to punish the monk girl and thats where it ends

Yes, but you can use your imagination
Dec 23, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
I cried manly tears.Goddamn it, one day when I'm old and grey I'm going to watch this again and look back on an adventure of some kids in 1999 that I watched in 2016 and cry all over again. Duwang indeed.
Dec 23, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2015
Been watching Jojo every week since Stardust Crusaders second season. Part 4 was one hell of a ride. I love Morioh's crazy inhabitants and it wasn't until I read these comments when I realized that I won't be seeing most of them anymore.

It was a great episode, I kind of wish they worked Kira's final scene a bit more. I was expecting that scene with the hands to be more impressive. But I'm fine with how it turned out.
If only we would get a word from Araki on the mysterious stranger that saved Josuke back then, that would have made it excellent. I think it was a good move from DP to leave that topic ambiguous as well, since there's no real word on it.

RediceRyan said:
Hard to believe a full on Star Platinum wasn't enough to instantly kill him but being run over by an ambulance was. Puts some perspective into this. Like I'd think that Star Platinum would be able to completely disintegrate someone if time was stopped and all that energy from all those punches build up and was released instantly. Still a thousand or so pounds and some rotations of a wheel ended up being more deadly. Strange to think about.
Happy ending though, no big set up for the future parts.

I think his focus was merely disabling Kira. His time freeze isn't what it was during DIO's battle, so he had to make the most of it. (Even though he had time to praise Koichi, it's not like it is the first time they waste time talking in Jojo anyway)
Dec 23, 2016 2:22 PM
Jul 2016
JSlick said:
People dislike part 5? I'm almost finished reading it and I'd say it's probably my second favorite after part 2.

I think it's in no small part due to the horrible scans that were the only ones available some time ago. I think it's great, probably my 3rd favorite part.

Loved the ending, really well adapted.
samrol_sotiefaDec 23, 2016 3:11 PM
Dec 23, 2016 2:25 PM
Jul 2016
DanKyoko said:
If only we would get a word from Araki on the mysterious stranger that saved Josuke back then, that would have made it excellent. I think it was a good move from DP to leave that topic ambiguous as well, since there's no real word on it

It's generally accepted that the guy is exactly like Josuke simply because it was Koichi telling the story, and that's how he imagined him.
Dec 23, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
Kira definitely got the sort of fate that worked best for everyone. Of course his evil secrets will never reach the ears of those that need to know them most, but he went out without anyone becoming a murderer himself since in the eyes of society, he was a fine addition to society as opposed to an undetected tumor. And his soul was denied the possibility of ghost on ghost rape by a gaggle of hands that presumably whisked away to get tickled severely alongside Cheap Trick.

He did give us one last wonderful Kira moment here though.

How would you deal with your kid if you found him whacking off for the 1st time to 16th century art?

I'm pretty happy with how DP added some final moments to pad out the run-time here though. No part V teaser as I would have liked, but seeing some additional scenes with all my lovely Jojo's and Brojo's being happy in their own ways one more time was a fine alternative.

Hopefully this Jojo drought will be merciful like the one between Stardust Crusaders and this arc.

I guess the take away from this all was....

JSlick said:

Part V is dope as fuck. I don't really get it either.
gedataDec 23, 2016 2:40 PM
Dec 23, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2016
The final Jojo Friday until part 5. But it was a GUREATO finale! I had read ahead in the manga so I knew what was gonna happen but nonetheless it was amazing! 9/10!
Dec 23, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2009
GangsterCat said:

"endure". Lol.
Part 6 is arguably one of the best.
Dec 23, 2016 2:56 PM

Sep 2016
kronos7 said:
GangsterCat said:

"endure". Lol.
part 6 plot is good but the characters are just so bad!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 23, 2016 3:15 PM
Jun 2016
I am badly going to miss this show. Has it been announced if/when the next part will be animated?
Dec 23, 2016 3:20 PM

Apr 2014
Venator25 said:
I am badly going to miss this show. Has it been announced if/when the next part will be animated?

no, but there is a JoJo event in February, so we can expect part 5 announcement then
your waifu is shit
Dec 23, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2009
GangsterCat said:
kronos7 said:

"endure". Lol.
part 6 plot is good but the characters are just so bad!

Dec 23, 2016 3:28 PM

May 2013
Rrecool said:
.. And Kira would have lived a quiet life too, if it weren't for them meddling kids.

---- and their stupid dog! *badump*
Dec 23, 2016 3:30 PM
Jun 2014
JSlick said:

Same here.

I like parts 2, 7 and 5 the most.

Middle is 1, 8 and 3.

Bottom is 4 and 6.
Dec 23, 2016 3:33 PM
Nov 2016
Saandro said:
JSlick said:

Same here.

I like parts 2, 7 and 5 the most.

Middle is 1, 8 and 3.

Bottom is 4 and 6.

You should wait till Part 8 is finished before placing it. It is awesome though.

Favorite parts: 4, 7, 6, 5.

Least favorite Parts: 1-3
Dec 23, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
Neat episode, but I feel like I was expecting a bit more from the conclusion considering the endings in previous parts have traditionally been incredibly strong. For example I would have loved to see the whole cast being somehow involved in the final blow, but then again that ZA WARUDO + yare yare combination was good enogh as it was.

Anyways, overall it was great and Kira was definitely the best villain in the series so far.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 23, 2016 4:08 PM

Mar 2014
DAMMIT GIV ME PART 5 ALREADY!

Really Great ending for JoJo Part 4. And the most Hilarious Irony of The luckiest man Kira getting a very unlucky death, face ran over by a ambulance...A FREAKIN AMBULANCE xDDDDD

9.5/10
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 23, 2016 4:14 PM

Apr 2014
Watching those last few episodes.. I don't know how to put it, but I got a boner.
Excellent conclusion to an excellent series but still while DP did a good job, I found the manga version to be a bit more enjoyable overall, so it won't get full marks.
It's definitely one of the highlight of 2016 though and I really, really hope we get the rest of the series animated as well.

JSlick said:

That part 5 is seen as inferior to the other parts is one of the greatest mysteries in the Jojo fandom in my opinion.
It's outstanding and I just hope the possible anime adaptation is able to make people like it just a bit more.
Dec 23, 2016 4:27 PM

Sep 2013
Halicone said:
That part 5 is seen as inferior to the other parts is one of the greatest mysteries in the Jojo fandom in my opinion.

I blame the old English scanlation which was based on the Chinese version, and done by someone who barely knew Chinese

More to say on the actual episode in a bit
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 23, 2016 4:27 PM
Nov 2016
Part 5 is more popular in Japan than it is in the West. So while it's not a bad part it isn't great, it's basically Part 3. Part 4 is Araki's favorite Part.
Dec 23, 2016 4:31 PM

Apr 2014
One nitpick, where the hell is my Vento Aureo teaser? I know they will add an extra content because they didn't put the OP, I clearly expect it will be VA teaser but too bad it's just a glimpse of how the cast doing as an epilogue.

On to the series, it's a beautiful duwang really, despite it's monster of the week kind of setting, it feel more storyline focused and handled better than SC.

Kira is just so fucking fabulous nuff said.

9/10
Dec 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
how did shigeshige survive ? they confirmed him dead like 4 months ago
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Dec 23, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
YoodiHoshi said:
Halicone said:

I blame the old English scanlation which was based on the Chinese version, and done by someone who barely knew Chinese

More to say on the actual episode in a bit

That might have an influence but then again DiU was already well liked even with only the Duwang scanlations available, so it's not the only reason.
It's probably that the end fight had left people a bit disappointed and I agree it could have been better. I have to say though that it should not be enough to invalidate 150+ chapters of non stop action between the most eccentric stand users with even more outlandish powers that Jojo has ever seen (till that part, at least)
Dec 23, 2016 4:58 PM

Jul 2016
What do I do now without JoJo?
Dec 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Sep 2013
Halicone said:
That might have an influence but then again DiU was already well liked even with only the Duwang scanlations available, so it's not the only reason.
The difference is that DiU's was fully re-translated much quicker, and the Duwang version of it was done by someone who KNEW Chinese + the context of most of everything going on, but was mainly not too good at grammar

The person in charge of Vento Aureo's 'Duwang' scans just made things up half the time and just left it at that. You know how there's these subtle implications within movies about gang members? None of that was conveyed through those old scans
ShigyCDec 23, 2016 5:03 PM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 23, 2016 5:00 PM

Jan 2014
That was a good ending. Kira went off in a well-deserved way. This part 4 was great and now my second favourite.

I will certainly miss that opening, and this will be my first and last time to say "what a beautiful duwang."
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 23, 2016 5:03 PM
Jul 2011
Gonna miss that weekly Jojo.
Kira was a great villain.
Jotaro delivers the iconic final blow but Josuke still put in his worth in the fight, the Jojo family is something else.
Feel bad for Hayato, he never got proper closure with his real dad. His mom is probably all messed up.
Koichi is a lucky bastard.
Dec 23, 2016 5:15 PM

May 2014
I'm so sad that it's over but goddamn did it go out with a bang and a pose!
I don't like to think that this will prolly be the last time we get to see Joseph, Josuke and Okuyasu ;_;

I could probably write paragraph upon paragraph about why this was so awesome but to summarize:

-Obligatory hand licking
-Kira's death was damn brutal
-Team (+ambulance) effort to take him out
-Rohan being a 'lil Tsundere
-Reimi in general tbh
-Josuke really showing that he is Joseph's son- stealing his wallet using Crazy D was hilarious.
-Joseph just being, well, Joseph. Totally headcanon him putting on that senile act in the beginning...can't believe he actually wanted that pic of Tomoko my god, when will he ever learn?! XD

Only thing that could've made this better would've been a Part 5 teaser- like part 2 did with part 3. But maybe we'll get something on the 30th anniversary?? I think it's January 1st- hopefully we get some sort of announcement soon- don't leave me hanging DavidPro!!

All I can say now is bring on that OVA!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2016 5:15 PM
Dec 2016
it's sad that it's finally over, i'm hoping that part 5 will be airing shortly after.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

117 by utopica »»
Jan 1, 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.