Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2017 4:41 PM

May 2007
Can someone please explain why Koichi was hanging from Jotaro's coat when time was stopped? Koichi was just standing there when he activated ACT 3's ability, right? And I believe Kira didn't do anything to Koichi before time was stopped because ACT 3's ability was already affecting him. Did I miss something?
Jan 10, 2017 7:50 AM

Aug 2016
CheezWhizLuis said:
Can someone please explain why Koichi was hanging from Jotaro's coat when time was stopped? Koichi was just standing there when he activated ACT 3's ability, right? And I believe Kira didn't do anything to Koichi before time was stopped because ACT 3's ability was already affecting him. Did I miss something?

IIRC he held on to Jotaros coat to get closer to Kira as he is too smol
Jan 10, 2017 1:03 PM

Oct 2013
CheezWhizLuis said:

Echoes 3 freeze is stronger the closer he is to the person who is affected by it. So in order for Kira to not hit the trigger a.k.a "Bite the Dust", Koichi hung himself on Jotaro to pressure him as much as he can. As u can see while watching even then Kira was close to pressing the trigger. But our heroes prevailed.
Jan 13, 2017 4:42 AM

Aug 2008
the worst JoJo series, main characters were very shallow, Kira and his Dad were good villains at least
Jan 15, 2017 2:04 AM

Sep 2013
lakisa said:
the worst JoJo series, main characters were very shallow, Kira and his Dad were good villains at least

If Part 4's cast is shallow then what even is Part 3's?
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Jan 15, 2017 6:25 PM

Jan 2012
When part 5 gonna come out ? any guess?

what a way to die
lol Hayato should join Speedwagon. He has the intelligence, courage and good heart.
gonna miss this show , looking forward to next one

btw is that how you end it lol

Goodbye Morioh.

Jan 16, 2017 11:00 AM

Dec 2014
Oh well that was really good overall. This last two episodes made up for a lot of the bullshit of this season.

Greato Daze 9/10
Jan 19, 2017 11:46 PM

Oct 2015
Yoshikage sure died a miserable death and got a cruel after death. This was the coolest anime i have watched in 2016 and the best one too. My long time wish was to watch jojo at a longer length and i got it and now i can die happy.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 26, 2017 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
A good episode, with an almost anonymous death who suited the bad guy well. Before he ended up in the ghost alley, I was wondering what the guy would become, I didn't figure Jotaro as a killer and it was impossible to lock him.
Glad Jotaro made a move during those final moments.

5/5 Funny to watch

For a 1.5length series, it felt aimless during a very long time (and it wasn't due to the episodic format, since this wasn't the case with Stardust Crusaders). Of course, some episodes during this period felt above the others, sometimes very "new" (example: the restaurant) and with the addition of the little Hayato the end was great.
I would add that like Jôtaro, I am glad Koichi was there.

6.5+/10 Too long for a "storyless" series but some nice eps/ideas. Sometimes very ugly.

I hope the next parts will improve somewhere before this reach (if it does) the Steel Ball Run (whose only asset seemed to be the drawings).
Rei_IIIJan 26, 2017 11:49 AM
Jan 26, 2017 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
Ahhhh what a beautiful Dwuang.

Damn I just finished it and I feel like watching it again from the beginning. I had some gripes of the voice cast for Josuke but it was all good in the end.

Two things I really liked with this adaptation. Kira's character felt a lot more interesting to me, and cooler. And the OP are just off the hook. Breakdown! Breakdown! so good~

Man I wish there was a slice of life series just about Josuke and Okyuasu handing out and their school life, it would be so dope and funny.

Greato daze/10
Jan 28, 2017 5:45 AM
Nov 2016
peeaboo said:
What a shit ending. Could've at least teased part 5
David Productions is being very faithful to the manga, so Part 4 didn't have a Part 5 teaser at the end because that never occurred in the manga. Part 2 was the only Part to have a teaser at the end for the next Part.
Jan 31, 2017 8:31 PM

Oct 2012
I'm feeling this more than Egypt's arc
I mean Kira got what he deserved instead of just died just like that
At least not like DIO, he died the easy way

But yeah, this Duwang is so beautiful

GioGio's time now
Rayl1ghtJan 31, 2017 8:36 PM
"Signature removed"
Feb 3, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2015
Oh man this series was awesome, I've always loved the JoJo series and this has every right to sit next to the rest as the best!

10/10!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 4, 2017 11:50 PM

Nov 2013
Finally after 39 episodes we get to see Jotaro fight seriously! I was waiting for that for so long. I really liked this season, but it wasn't as good as Stardust Crusaders imo. Weird how Polnareff was in the ED theme the whole anime, but didn't show up once. Also I kind of wish we got to see Yoshikage Kira's killing spree and more of Reimi's back story.

8/10
Feb 5, 2017 2:10 AM

Aug 2016
Blarey said:
Weird how Polnareff was in the ED theme the whole anime, but didn't show up once.

Uhhh he wasn't in the ED?
Maybe you're confusing him with Okuyasus brother,or even Koichis 2nd haircut?
Feb 5, 2017 3:56 AM

Nov 2013
Erroratu said:
Blarey said:
Weird how Polnareff was in the ED theme the whole anime, but didn't show up once.

Uhhh he wasn't in the ED?
Maybe you're confusing him with Okuyasus brother,or even Koichis 2nd haircut?

@0:30 I always thought that was Polnareff.

Edit: Nvm that is Okuyasu's brother I see the bow.
BlareyFeb 5, 2017 4:01 AM
Feb 20, 2017 5:31 PM

Feb 2016
Brilliant ending, and a fantastic show. It was good to not listen to the reviews, I found Diamond equally as enjoyable as a whole.

In particular the creativity of the stands exploded, particularly instead of thinking of how a stand can be used for battle, I believe the approach was to think of very unique and creative stands and then devise how they can be used in battle.

Reverb is an excellent example, though I wished that Koichi could cycle between acts, although that may have made it OP.

As usual the only nitpick I have that is consistent with every jojo franchise is plot convenience. It is to be expected from SC, but the fact they can't hear and intuitively feel that a menacing battle was underway is ridiculously over the top bullshit frankly.

What happened to the arrow? Did it get destroyed alongside the destruction of the photo ghost?
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Feb 21, 2017 3:46 AM

Aug 2016
Rosny said:

Reverb is an excellent example, though I wished that Koichi could cycle between acts, although that may have made it OP.

Its Echoes,not reverb,and yea,Koichi can shift between acts.He does it a couple of times in the show.Like during the Koichi and Jotaro vs Sheer Heart Attack he uses his ACT 1 to look for Kira because ACT1 has the biggest range(50 meters),then uses ACT 2 to trap SHA with the "sizzle" letters
Feb 21, 2017 4:23 AM

Feb 2016
Erroratu said:
Rosny said:

Its Echoes,not reverb,and yea,Koichi can shift between acts.He does it a couple of times in the show.Like during the Koichi and Jotaro vs Sheer Heart Attack he uses his ACT 1 to look for Kira because ACT1 has the biggest range(50 meters),then uses ACT 2 to trap SHA with the "sizzle" letters

Yeah I knew it was echoes later on, but I couldn't be bothered editing my comment, and to be honest I think reverb is a cooler name. It's wonderful how many people read the manga. Of all the few discussions I've frequented, I've never seen so many passionate manga readers.

Ah I remember, you're right. I wonder what the limitations are for switching acts, I do feel like in the hands of say, Jotaro, Joseph or Josuke, echoes could've been utilised with greater efficiency and lethality...
Cloud_IllusionsFeb 21, 2017 4:29 AM
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Feb 24, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2016
what a greato series . i shouldn't have binge through the whole series . seriously i been watching this literally everyday . now i feel empty i want more . 10/10
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Feb 24, 2017 6:51 PM
Nov 2016
Rosny said:
Erroratu said:

Yeah I knew it was echoes later on, but I couldn't be bothered editing my comment, and to be honest I think reverb is a cooler name. It's wonderful how many people read the manga. Of all the few discussions I've frequented, I've never seen so many passionate manga readers.

Ah I remember, you're right. I wonder what the limitations are for switching acts, I do feel like in the hands of say, Jotaro, Joseph or Josuke, echoes could've been utilised with greater efficiency and lethality...
While Reverb does sound cooler, Echoes is still its name. Araki really likes western music, but you could probably tell due to the sheer number of musical references(it never stops).
Mar 2, 2017 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
At last Kira dies, and a fitting death aswell! I was worried he nearly won with the nurse, but got to see he didn't. And Josuke seriously manned the living goddamn hell up with this, easily one of my favourite JoJo's as of now! And damn he trolled Joseph at the end, lol way to priceless xD

The invincible baby was adopted in the end...guess Jotaro will get a male boy and that boy will marry the girl, creating the next JoJo I'm assuming...just like with Erina's child and Lisa Lisa!

Overall, this was one hell of an amazing journey, even moreso than the previous parts so an easy 9/10 for me. While Dio was a funny charismatic villain, Kira was a serious, charismatic villain who got way too great mind games and he was so damn cunning, truly a better villain than Dio imo. On to the mangas!
Mar 3, 2017 8:36 AM
Nov 2016
David Bowie status: kinkshamed.
Mar 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Jul 2013
Perfect ending for Kira, good ending for the show. It has been a wild ride, I've felt annoyed, happy, sad, excited, angry but mostly annoyed at Kira's arc. Overall it's entertaining like your typical jojo show still this is the least that I like.

Mar 6, 2017 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
Ace_39 said:
Out of all the previous JoJo, this has the most satisfying ending. Best SoL of the year. Lol

Just being honest here but as someone who read part 4 first I've seen this story twice over unfold and still feel like this has the worst ending out of all the Jojo parts (tbh I only particularly took issue with th endings for part 3 and 4) in the sense that our not only does Josuke get robbed of truly defeating or getting the last laugh/hit against the villain but it's the John Cena/Superman of Jojo in Jotaro that comes in last second and defeats Kira after everything. I remember part 4 until that point was absolutely awesome and as a whole it was but the ending no matter how many time I see it really irked me. Like we spent the entire series growing to love Josuke as the main character then the last 2 minutes of the final fight against Kira Jotaro is the one that steps in and saves the day/basically is the hero in the end.
Mar 7, 2017 8:06 AM
Nov 2016
Champloo_Remix said:
Ace_39 said:
Out of all the previous JoJo, this has the most satisfying ending. Best SoL of the year. Lol

Just being honest here but as someone who read part 4 first I've seen this story twice over unfold and still feel like this has the worst ending out of all the Jojo parts (tbh I only particularly took issue with th endings for part 3 and 4) in the sense that our not only does Josuke get robbed of truly defeating or getting the last laugh/hit against the villain but it's the John Cena/Superman of Jojo in Jotaro that comes in last second and defeats Kira after everything. I remember part 4 until that point was absolutely awesome and as a whole it was but the ending no matter how many time I see it really irked me. Like we spent the entire series growing to love Josuke as the main character then the last 2 minutes of the final fight against Kira Jotaro is the one that steps in and saves the day/basically is the hero in the end.

You kinda make it sound like Jotaro is a major character in every part after 3. He is a mentor type in Part 4, briefly shows up in a phone call with Koichi in Part 5, and is basically in a coma for the majority of Part 6.

Parts 7 and 8 exist in a separate universe from Parts 1-6.
Mar 7, 2017 10:05 PM

Aug 2013
Volthoom said:
Champloo_Remix said:

You kinda make it sound like Jotaro is a major character in every part after 3. He is a mentor type in Part 4, briefly shows up in a phone call with Koichi in Part 5, and is basically in a coma for the majority of Part 6.

Parts 7 and 8 exist in a separate universe from Parts 1-6.

No not what I meant to say at all. He was a major character in 3 and 4 naturally. Part 3 I can halfway forgive because he's the main character. In part 4 he does play "mentor" but on the premise that if he really wanted to he could defeat any of the villains in part 4 including Kira in like half a second of anime-stopped time. Imo Jotaro should've been incapacitated at some part during part 4 by Kira but that's just me. That being said I can let all that slide too but the one thing that just left a horrible taste in my mouth is the fact that Josuke is supposed to be "the guy" and after a long, hardfought standoff with Kira it's essentially Jotaro that runs in at the very end, stops time and ORAORA's Kira to defeat him. Like in a lot of ways the final blows should've been Josuke's as it would've solidififed his coming of age/passing of the torch. Instead Jotaro saves the day again. That's the only part that irks me but it REALLY irked me.

Liked part 5 a lot but I might be biased I really liked Giorno. And I loved part 6 and was glad Jotaro was truly in the backdrop this time vs. stealing shine from the characters that should be getting it imo.
Mar 10, 2017 12:18 PM
Nov 2014
This has to be my least favorite part til now. I also didn't like how no main character died it.
Mar 15, 2017 3:49 AM

Jan 2015
Accelerator48 said:
This has to be my least favorite part til now. I also didn't like how no main character died it.
I'll admit Okuyasu's return was a bit Shonen Jump-y, but why would you want any of them to die?
Mar 15, 2017 6:10 AM
Nov 2014
Wiziliz said:
Accelerator48 said:
I'll admit Okuyasu's return was a bit Shonen Jump-y, but why would you want any of them to die?
it creates more tension. That's why I prefer jojo to so many shonen anime because it's not afraid to kill main characters for good.
Mar 15, 2017 7:42 AM
Nov 2016
Accelerator48 said:
Wiziliz said:
it creates more tension. That's why I prefer jojo to so many shonen anime because it's not afraid to kill main characters for good.
Part 5 has main crew deaths, as does Part 6. Part 7 and 8 are Seinen.
Mar 15, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2015
Accelerator48 said:
Wiziliz said:
I think it's nice that Morioh is the way it once was again. It would be upsetting if one of Josuke's buds died. And while that works in Part 3 and 5, I think the characters remaining alive in Part 4 is greato.
Mar 15, 2017 2:48 PM
Nov 2014
Wiziliz said:
Accelerator48 said:
I think it's nice that Morioh is the way it once was again. It would be upsetting if one of Josuke's buds died. And while that works in Part 3 and 5, I think the characters remaining alive in Part 4 is greato.
To each his own I guess.
Mar 15, 2017 3:01 PM
Nov 2016
Yeah the main reason the entire Part 4 crew survived is because Araki really liked those characters. He has three Part 4 characters in his top ten favorite characters list. Josuke is his favorite, Kira is his second favorite, and Shigechi is his ninth favorite. Which interestingly enough puts Shigechi higher than Dio/DIO who is at number ten.
Mar 15, 2017 8:56 PM

Jan 2015
Accelerator48 said:
Wiziliz said:
To each his own I guess.
But Shigechi died.
Mar 16, 2017 1:07 AM
Nov 2014
Wiziliz said:
Accelerator48 said:
To each his own I guess.
But Shigechi died.
but he wasn't a main character though.
Mar 16, 2017 1:13 AM
Nov 2014
Volthoom said:
Yeah the main reason the entire Part 4 crew survived is because Araki really liked those characters. He has three Part 4 characters in his top ten favorite characters list. Josuke is his favorite, Kira is his second favorite, and Shigechi is his ninth favorite. Which interestingly enough puts Shigechi higher than Dio/DIO who is at number ten.
do you have a link for the whole list?
Mar 16, 2017 4:09 AM

Jan 2015
Accelerator48 said:
Volthoom said:

It's a bit outdated, it's from 2000.
Mar 16, 2017 5:18 AM
Nov 2014
Wiziliz said:
Accelerator48 said:

Thanks. I've been looking for this for a while now.
Mar 16, 2017 1:08 PM

Jan 2015
Accelerator48 said:
Wiziliz said:

I'm hoping he does a new one sometime soon.
Mar 17, 2017 10:43 AM
Mar 2014
Wiziliz said:
Accelerator48 said:
I'm hoping he does a new one sometime soon.

I could tell you his top 3

GYRO
Jo2uke
Johnny
Apr 14, 2017 8:54 AM

Mar 2010
It was better than Stardust Crusaders, but I still didn't really have much fun watching the second half. I think I'll skip the next parts.

That's some signature, eh?
Apr 15, 2017 6:26 AM

Jan 2015
Well, I don't know what to do with my life anymore...
Apr 29, 2017 11:46 AM
Sep 2016
(Hell, I'm almost one year late :/)

Well, that was a good ending.

The animation was overall shit and there was way too much conveniences; but it was a funny and memorable experience.
May 1, 2017 12:30 AM

Mar 2012
I really liked this part, found it more enjoyable than SC. There was a sense of danger with the enemy stand users and Kira but there was also a more happy/fun vibe to balance it (well besides the last episodes). It also felt like the characters were easier to get attached to, especially Josuke compared to Jotaro during SC. Sure Jotaro is reliable but he lacks the charisma of the other Jojos.

One thing that bugs me is that they never explained why they showed an injured Josuke as the guy pushing the car that was stuck in the snow back when he was 4 years old and had a high fever. Was that actually Josuke or just the way Josuke remembered him since he didn't actually get a good look at his face other than his hair? Hoping that gets answered in one of the next parts instead of having it serve no purpose other than a random explanation for why he gets pissed when people make fun of his hair.

Looking forward to Part 5 whenever it gets animated :)
May 2, 2017 8:06 AM
Nov 2016
Avenger-senpai said:
I really liked this part, found it more enjoyable than SC. There was a sense of danger with the enemy stand users and Kira but there was also a more happy/fun vibe to balance it (well besides the last episodes). It also felt like the characters were easier to get attached to, especially Josuke compared to Jotaro during SC. Sure Jotaro is reliable but he lacks the charisma of the other Jojos.

One thing that bugs me is that they never explained why they showed an injured Josuke as the guy pushing the car that was stuck in the snow back when he was 4 years old and had a high fever. Was that actually Josuke or just the way Josuke remembered him since he didn't actually get a good look at his face other than his hair? Hoping that gets answered in one of the next parts instead of having it serve no purpose other than a random explanation for why he gets pissed when people make fun of his hair.

Looking forward to Part 5 whenever it gets animated :)
It was probably just Koichi using Josuke as the model for the guy who saved him. Remember, Koichi is the one talking about it. I mean maybe in one of Araki's earlier plans he had Josuke travel back in time at some point(probably with the final fight with Kira) but he most likely changed his mind, or forgot(he admits that he forgets a lot), or an editor thought the fight was getting too long and had him cut it*.

*wouldn't be the first occasion of editor interference, Lisa Lisa was originally supposed to have an actual fight with Kars, but the editors said that a woman couldn't fight the big bad(it was 80s Japan).
May 9, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Did I tell you that I love Koichi? Because I love Koichi so much.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 17, 2017 4:49 AM

Aug 2014
I thought the fight with Kira is going to be a cheap angry come back, but here in this final episode they handled it great.
Great ending.
As usual the art is fantastic and the OST is great, characters are very cool especially Kira (without him it won't be as cool as it was). Still JoJo suffers from weak story telling full of asspulls even if its for humor and unique style it still lowers the quality anyway.

I enjoyed this ride.
7.3/10
Jun 17, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
What a fucking joke the last confrontation was.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 23, 2017 5:28 PM

Jul 2010
So, I have marathoned this in 3 days. I gave it the highest score among other parts. It would be perfect if:

- MC wasn't shit. This generation's JoJo is a disappointment. Side characters were better, I guess everyone agrees. Cuz he didn't even have that much screen time.
- Main Antagonist wasn't shit. Compare him to Dio, charismatic in every way, world threatening, omni-potential, iconic.
- Stand powers were not so try hard. The fuck was "Bites the Dust". It doesn't even have a consistent logic.

Despite them holes, this was the most enjoyable JoJo so far. Story was bad but characters and execution was good overall.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

117 by utopica »»
Jan 1, 12:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.