Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 24, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2016
First thing is getting my body back in shape again after my little Christmas break
Later I'm going to survive the summer camp in China, participate in a marathon, learn how to make fårikål and apply for the job that will force me to live at Antarctica for 6 months
wtf
Dec 24, 2016 6:16 PM

Aug 2015
eya_johnson said:
What I plan to accomplish in 2017?...
I want a friend 😶

Aaaaawwwwww. I just want to give out Daddy hugs to people who say that!
Here, have this:
idk about you but the closer a girl gets to looking like ronald mcdonald, the more aroused i become. CAV

where can we cast our eyes to @PoruMairu who thinks of himself a member of the true church. Helion.
Dec 24, 2016 6:19 PM
Sep 2014
hahaha absolutely nothing. i hope im finally going to kill myself this year.
Dec 24, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2012
Continue my exercise routine. I have a family history of hypertension, diabetes and arthritis. So this is really important. Maybe try my hand at dating.
Dec 24, 2016 6:41 PM

May 2015
become an elitist
maybe get to talk to the mythical creature known as a woman
Dec 24, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2013
i experienced a lot of change this year and i've barely been able to keep up.
change is inevitable but i hope that i can adapt better and find out more about myself next year.
Dec 24, 2016 7:33 PM
Mar 2016
Rarusu_ said:
2016 was an okey year for me, personally. It was many times better than 2015. A small step in the right direction. Politically, this is probably the best year of my life. It was awesome.

I've been drafted, so in 2017 I will start my military training as a sharp-shooter/marksman in the light infantery, in one of the most prestigious regiments in Sweden. So I look forward to it, even though I expect it to be really tough
Make the kungen proud. If you're superstitious, might be worth taking a trip to Stockholm to see the Riddarholmskyrkan for good luck, Gustavus II Adolfus is buried there.
Dec 25, 2016 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
This year I totally went hard in conventions, became a role-player and got into university

I hope that in 2017 I'll be dead.

Well that escalated quickly

Werecat said:
I hope that everyone here will accomplish their goals!

As for me... I'll see what 2017 brings. I am going to try my best to study more often and to go to sleep early, but besides that... I'll just go with the flow.

Oh, and I want to continue my '2 minutes of positivity a day' project, where I send someone a message that contains a message of positivity, like a compliment or just anything that might make you happy.

Send some of that positivity to me too whenever you can :P
Dec 25, 2016 6:15 AM

Mar 2014
Nothing

All I can do is pray and hope that my country won't self implode from its own political stupidity
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 25, 2016 6:19 AM
Sep 2016
i just wanna get released from this agony and suffering, nothing particular to accomplish, im not even on that level
Dec 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Sep 2013
This year was hard and boring, and I except that next year will be even harder and more boring. I don't plan to accomplish anything. Guess I'll keep working, eating, and sleeping until:

a) I die of lung cancer
b) I get fired
c) the world ends
d) read a, b, and c
One man's freedom is another man's terror.
Dec 25, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
2016 was a rough year. Not for me personally, I accomplished everything I said I would do. I'm just always going to be sad Prince is no longer here, the world is 150% less handsome without him. Been taking Ws and improving myself for the past 6 years so I'll be making 2017 continue that trend.

Here are some things I'm gonna knock out by December 31, 2017:

- Write more
- Do 60 pull ups and run 2 miles without stopping
- Improve my drawing and music producing skills
- Be fluent in Japanese and conversational in Greek
- Earn more money
- Be an active participant in my niece's life
- Be more involved in my community
- Maintain my friendships
- Meet new people

2016 me won't have shit on 2017 me. Might add more later
Dec 25, 2016 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
Comic_Sans said:
Nothing

All I can do is pray and hope that my country won't self implode from its own political stupidity

At this point in time your country is funding and housing ISIS militants lol
Dec 25, 2016 12:55 PM

Jul 2014
At present I am aiming to:

Get a part-time job
Procrastinate less
Do well in my first year at film school
Meet some more interesting people
Go out more often
Take care of yourself

Dec 25, 2016 12:58 PM

Jun 2016
Hopefully do some traveling to Asia (not sure which country yet), and I'll also be applying for dual citizenship in a European country, so that could be interesting.

Other than that, just the same as always; work hard play hard.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Dec 25, 2016 1:04 PM

Feb 2010
- buy professional camera
- read at least 24 books
- 1000 completed anime
Dec 25, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
vvicked said:
- buy professional camera
- read at least 24 books
- 1000 completed anime

WHAT?! Camera seems like iffy, just use your phone's camera...xD

Dem 24 book/novel/literature seems like some heavy stuff dude...

Yay! Aim for 1k anime.

Ohhh... Interesting, you and @Yaoi-senpai will be a good nakama...xD
Dec 25, 2016 1:26 PM

Nov 2016
Stop being bored by everything and try being excited by life.

Heheh, basically travel more and do extreme sports.
"In this world, evil can arise from the best of intentions. And there is good which can come from evil intentions"
Dec 25, 2016 1:47 PM
Oct 2016
Status_Effect said:
I plan on reading a new book every week.

I say that every new year and I always fail it, but not this year! This year I'll have read 52 books by the end of it!

Learn more practical skills regarding my major, possibly get a summer job in my majoring field, get to talk more to the half of my class I haven't so far and overall just work harder on my future I guess.
Dec 25, 2016 2:17 PM

Jun 2015
I'd like to get my life back on track. 2016 was full of mistakes. Hopefully the opposite will happen this year. I can't have another 2016...

Dec 25, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2016
Getting good grades and do good in school to say the least. Other than that, live life.

Dec 25, 2016 3:06 PM

Mar 2014
Radiohead said:
Comic_Sans said:
Nothing

Stahp

Please don't remind me of it fam
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 25, 2016 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
Become a better person.

Radiohead said:
Comic_Sans said:
Nothing

Well, that's already happened. Unbeknownst to the masses.
Dec 25, 2016 3:21 PM

Feb 2016
To get a life. I'm probably asking for the impossible

"The other day I met this man, a nice guy, y'know?
And we had a really good chat. Then I slit his throat and ripped his heart out through his chest.
Does that make me a bad person?"

Dec 25, 2016 4:27 PM
Mar 2016
I want to want complete Heartgold pokedex next year. But It's impossible I think without soul silver and gen 4 exclusive. Fucking GameFreak
Dec 25, 2016 8:05 PM

Apr 2016
Finally get a job. And eventually with the money from said job, make myself a gaming computer.
Dec 25, 2016 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
Sold my first book proposal so I guess writing that would be the first order of business

Or, you know, play Horizon Zero Dawn until my eyes bleed.

Either works
Dec 25, 2016 11:44 PM

May 2015
Radiohead said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
This year I totally went hard in conventions, became a role-player and got into university

I hope that in 2017 I'll be dead.

Werecat said:
I hope that everyone here will accomplish their goals!

As for me... I'll see what 2017 brings. I am going to try my best to study more often and to go to sleep early, but besides that... I'll just go with the flow.

Oh, and I want to continue my '2 minutes of positivity a day' project, where I send someone a message that contains a message of positivity, like a compliment or just anything that might make you happy.

I'm a pessimistic, y'know. I do good things so time will pass by more quickly.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Dec 25, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Radiohead said:

Except by hoping for your death you are being optimistic about your own demise
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Dec 26, 2016 10:40 PM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

You didn't understand my usage of 'pessimist', I see. I referred to a philosophical worldview, not assigning probability of what will happen next.
Dec 26, 2016 11:02 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

You didn't understand my usage of 'pessimist', I see. I referred to a philosophical worldview, not assigning probability of what will happen next.

Then that's not pessimism.

pes·si·mism
ˈpesəˌmizəm/
noun
noun: pessimism

a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.

You believe your death is for the best, not the worst. You are hopefully and optimistic about it, not hopeless or pessimistic. This is an optimistic standpoint on the topic of suicide, not a pessimistic one. I would advise you to use the proper terminology for what your "worldview" is, that would be nihilism. Hell, it's even closer to cynicism than pessimism.
ThrashMattoDec 26, 2016 11:39 PM
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Dec 27, 2016 5:44 AM

Oct 2010

• Quit procrastinating/having anxiety over fiction writing and get back into the groove of it. Tried revising for 100th time earlier this year, only to put writing on the backburner for the rest of the year
  • Get and hold a non-temporary job
  • Finally get 1,000,000 vs match total in Super Smash Bros. Melee

I'm a simple person.
Dec 27, 2016 11:08 AM

Oct 2016
1; Get out and travel to new places.
2; Watch more shows and read more.
3; Go to the gym often.
4; Start making my needs more of a priority.

2016 sucked balls. Its been a pretty crazy year overall but I'm pretty excited for the changes and adventures that I'll have in 2017.
Dec 27, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

pes·si·mism
ˈpesəˌmizəm/
noun
noun: pessimism

a tendency to see the worst aspect of things or believe that the worst will happen; a lack of hope or confidence in the future.

You believe your death is for the best, not the worst. You are hopefully and optimistic about it, not hopeless or pessimistic. This is an optimistic standpoint on the topic of suicide, not a pessimistic one. I would advise you to use the proper terminology for what your "worldview" is, that would be nihilism. Hell, it's even closer to cynicism than pessimism.

You missed the word 'philosophy', I think. Come again? Pessimism is also a branch of philosophy. Ligotty, Benatar, Schopenhauer are pretty famous examples.
Dec 27, 2016 2:59 PM

Jul 2015
Ragr said:
First thing is getting my body back in shape again after my little Christmas break
Later I'm going to survive the summer camp in China, participate in a marathon, learn how to make fårikål and apply for the job that will force me to live at Antarctica for 6 months

What job is going to make you live at Antarctica for six months? I'd love to go there.
Dec 27, 2016 3:29 PM

Dec 2016
Absol said:
What job is going to make you live at Antarctica for six months? I'd love to go there.

Electrician on the Norwegian post called Troll
wtf
Dec 27, 2016 5:46 PM

Jan 2015
Sell my home and move out of Sydney for greener pastures.
Dec 27, 2016 9:57 PM

Apr 2016
I'll go back to school, planning on studying as hard as I play videogames. Learning a language or an instrument, maybe I'll try to improve my english.

Improving my english skills is probably not that hard, thanks in advance MAL and reddit c:
Dec 27, 2016 10:49 PM

Nov 2016
I want to put myself out there more often and become more social
Dec 28, 2016 12:52 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

You missed the word 'philosophy', I think. Come again? Pessimism is also a branch of philosophy. Ligotty, Benatar, Schopenhauer are pretty famous examples.
Didn't miss you saying philosophy at all, just think you're incorrect. Ligotty & Benatar are not "famous", Schopenhauer isn't famous outside of philosophical circles. If you're going to start embracing Schopenhauer then you might as well start advocating for eugenics, anti-egalitarianism, antisemitism and the connection between race and intelligence since all of his philosophies generally existed as a means of promoting the superiority of the German man.
I love Christine

Dec 28, 2016 9:51 AM

May 2015
ThrashMatto said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Didn't miss you saying philosophy at all, just think you're incorrect. Ligotty & Benatar are not "famous", Schopenhauer isn't famous outside of philosophical circles. If you're going to start embracing Schopenhauer then you might as well start advocating for eugenics, anti-egalitarianism, antisemitism and the connection between race and intelligence since all of his philosophies generally existed as a means of promoting the superiority of the German man.

Last time I checked, you can borrow a philosopher's ideas without agreeing with everything he said.

Benatar is famous enough to be published by Oxford university and become the leading figure of antinatalism. As for Ligotti, he's popular enough to have 2K ratings on GoodReads. Sure, for the layman they're obscure but so what? How did you prove philosophical pessimism doesn't exist?
Dec 28, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
ThrashMatto said:

Last time I checked, you can borrow a philosopher's ideas without agreeing with everything he said.
Except when that philosopher's ideas exist solely for the expressed purpose of proving German supremacy. Not really convincing when you grasp at things to prove something instead of having those things lead you to a logical conclusion.

Benatar is famous enough to be published by Oxford university and become the leading figure of antinatalism.
...oooh i'm so impressed, I guess that means that Jennifer C Nash is famous for having a peer reviewed study on why the anus is ideologically oppressive to black women published at Duke University... oh wait, that doesn't make you famous. Known in a small circle? sure. "Famous", nah.

http://glq.dukejournals.org/content/20/4/439.abstract

As for Ligotti, he's popular enough to have 2K ratings on GoodReads.
Really? GoodReads is your metric for fame now? Even at that, 2K ratings is basically nothing. But if we're going to use goodreads as a metric for fame, lets look at some actually famous authors.

C.S. Lewis - 4,101,865 ratings
Lewis Caroll - 935,412 ratings
J.R.R. Tolkien - 5,878,176 ratings
H.G. Wells - 711,245 ratings
Arthur C. Clarke - 770,113 ratings
Isaac Asimov - 1,390,844 ratings
Philip K. Dick - 699,895 ratings
George Orwell - 4,012,244 ratings
Arthur Conan Doyle - 1,269,428 ratings
Ernest Hemingway - 1,465,369 ratings
Jane Austin - 4,293,526 ratings
Charles Dickens - 2,333,302 ratings
Mark Twain - 1,871,646 ratings
Leo Tolstoy - 773,068 ratings

The thing is, fame is obtained when somebody has name recognition with people that aren't their audience, these authors have that. Basically nobody knows who the fuck you're talking about.

Sure, for the layman they're obscure but so what? How did you prove philosophical pessimism doesn't exist?
Was I attempting to? Philosophy isn't something you can prove or disprove, i'd expect somebody who supposedly knows philosophy to have understood this but I've seen you post a lot of shit that is counter to claims you've made in the past and makes it seem like you've never understood what you claim and only claim it because of hipster.
ThrashMattoDec 28, 2016 11:24 AM
I love Christine

Dec 28, 2016 11:36 AM

Apr 2014
Everything I promised myself that I would do in 2016, but didn't. Rip.
Meeh I'll probably accomplish them in 2030 or something
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
I plan on finishing the remaining exams so that later I could finally graduate ^^ p lame maybe xD
Dec 28, 2016 7:25 PM

Apr 2013
Make a lot of money and build my MR2 into the ultimate '90s track special.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 28, 2016 8:11 PM

Dec 2014
start earning big while watching anime and learn more of both Nihongo and chinese
Dec 28, 2016 8:24 PM

Sep 2009
ThrashMatto said:
As for Ligotti, he's popular enough to have 2K ratings on GoodReads.
Really? GoodReads is your metric for fame now? Even at that, 2K ratings is basically nothing. But if we're going to use goodreads as a metric for fame, lets look at some actually famous authors.

Well he's got you there Brain. Ligotti is indeed less famous than George Orwell.

This must be one of the most facile arguments I have ever seen. What exactly are you trying to prove? That he isn't one of the most famous authors of all time?

Well fuck me!

AnnoKanoDec 28, 2016 8:29 PM
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Dec 28, 2016 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
Graduate college and then find a decent job.
Dec 28, 2016 9:33 PM

Oct 2013
I plan to accomplish a lot. That's what's scary. Trying to accomplish a lot tends to end up me doing nothing. So there's that to avoid this year.
Dec 29, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
AnnoKano said:
ThrashMatto said:

Well he's got you there Brain. Ligotti is indeed less famous than George Orwell.

This must be one of the most facile arguments I have ever seen. What exactly are you trying to prove? That he isn't one of the most famous authors of all time?

Well fuck me!

You do realize I way demonstrating how using goodreads ratings as a metric for fame is retarded, correct? Thanks for agreeing that it's a stupid way to measure popularity. Oh, btw, when are you going to stop dirtying up the UK? I do remember you declaring that you'd be leaving Britain after Brexit. I'd like to move there and would rather not have you're hypocritical champagne socialist ass messing up the place further. Don't Lena Dunham this.
ThrashMattoDec 29, 2016 1:29 AM
I love Christine

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 5 hours ago

10 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

5 by Adnash »»
8 minutes ago

» Have you committed animal sacrifices?

vasipi4946 - Dec 14, 2022

27 by deg »»
17 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

44 by FanofAction »»
51 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.