Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 22, 2016 4:33 PM
Dec 2016
Please note: If someone is here just to say "Code geass is shit", "Code geass just doesn't make any sense" and other things like this then please, leave this question. I'm not asking for this and I prefer you keep your opinions for you. I'm also avoiding to read the official topic just to avoid to read this kind of opinion that literally ruin my day. Please understand. Thank you.

Now my question is: Why at the end of Akito the Exiled EU is not defeated by Holy Britannian Empire?
On Code Geass season 2 we can clearly see that Holy Britannian Empire has conquered EU in the year between Code Geass 1 and Code Geass 2.
Dec 22, 2016 4:44 PM

May 2016
Maybe someone out there actally knows that, but the way I see it, it was literally done only to give Boukoku no Akito a happy endng. Possibly something along the lines of "it was conquered after the whole Akito thing".

And yet, Sunrise still tries to tell us, that this is all canon.
It's the biggest reason I fear for R3, because it looks like they simply forgot how to handle this series.
Dec 22, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
In CG Akito, we see Lelouch is still in pain caused by Geass effect. It can be a reason to assume that all of events in CG Akito happen not long after Lelouch had been caught.

While between R1 and R2 is taking a year long. I don't think all of events in CG Akito took that long. So yeah, I agree with the person above me. Seems like EU was conquared after CG Akito thing.

Though it's just a speculation.
Kurniawan_KtrDec 22, 2016 6:08 PM
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
Feb 5, 2017 3:21 AM
Jan 2014
In the end of the movie it says that the Brittania's homeland will intervene in the war, so I assume the intervention would be a change in command that will make them sent Schneizel and the Knights that quickly conquest north africa, Spain and Poland which is when it begins the R2.

And at R2 it does say around ep 10 by Xingke that Schneizel conquered the EU in less than a year.
Apr 10, 2017 9:10 AM

Apr 2016
They never show the EU getting conquered. I mean, this film is the biggest culprit of messing up R2's canonical existence, as well as the previous two, so I guess that's why they're not showing it. I mean, I can count the ways in which this film series logically stops R2 from existing/makes R2's existence canonically questionable if this is to be taken canonically:

•Lelouch's memory is now Kinglsy. I mean, in the final scene, Rolo shows up to take him somewhere, by not only does it not explicitly state that it's gonna result in Lelouch getting new memories and being taken back to school, but we don't even know how far this is before R2. Or only clue is "less than a year". This series doesn't take place immediately after season 1, and movie 3 takes place over 2 months after movie 2.
•If Suzaku got imprisoned, shouldn't that negate his Knight of Round title?

It also contradicts Mao from season 1 since it states that children physically cannot handle a geass. Sure, the one Mao has is uncontrollable in and of itself, but the point still stands, he was able to manage it somewhat. Well, this series was written and directed by different people than those of the main series. Still worried about R3; but it has the same creative staff as season 1 and assuming nothing goes horribly wrong that requires major rewrites like in R2, we could see another great season on our hands.
Jan 19, 2018 1:14 PM
Dec 2017
What I'm bothered about is Rolo's appearance in the ending. In Code Geass R2 Picture Drama ep.7, it shows how Rolo and Lelouch first met. This isn't how it happened at all. Well, the point still stands cause I think they will rewrite Lelouch's memory again and then Rolo will meet Lelouch again for the "first time".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito Final - Itoshiki Monotachi e Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Feb 26, 2016

134 by MisterGi »»
Feb 7, 8:04 AM

» What were the exact natures of the geasses in this show?

arilando - May 6, 2016

4 by neogalfen25 »»
Jan 2, 2019 10:44 AM

» When does this movie or ova takes place ?

Meteoroid - Oct 12, 2016

2 by SpaghettiSpike »»
Oct 12, 2016 8:50 AM

» Did it really air?

Goldman8 - Feb 27, 2016

16 by jgomezg »»
Apr 26, 2016 8:57 PM

» First 10 Minutes

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2016

4 by Miya190 »»
Feb 17, 2016 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.