Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 24, 2016 8:10 AM
Apr 2014
Show was great the first couple of episodes but when Chitose started showing her depression and that drama just dragged on for too long that I just stopped caring, Chitose was the one carrying the show so it's normal that when she doesn't play her real confident self, the show dropped significantly, I signed up for the cynical humor and got mostly bored by this show's drama.
5/10.
Dec 24, 2016 8:51 AM

Jun 2015
No season 2 announcement?

Ahh well. Farewell to my favourite show of the season. It had a perfect mixture of comedy, drama, and just pleasant feelings all around. Chitose didn't quite apologize at the end there, but it was exactly what I expected from her and it's nice to see her change as a person while still retaining her identity instead of turning into some kind of bullshit Mary Sue character.

OST seems worth of a listen and the BluRays would be on my list of shows to buy if they ever come over to NA. This wasn't quite the 10/10 that Shirobako was, but it was damn enjoyable in its own right and had a different feel to it. It was simultaneously more cynical and more upbeat at the same time. Chitose really carried the show, but Koto and Yae were both great as well and both surprised me at the end.

Definitely feels like saying bye to an old friend right now, which is how I know for sure it is a show I really liked. Gonna miss you Gi(a)rlish cast, adios!

Dec 24, 2016 10:38 AM

Dec 2009
Lol what a troll use of the "leave them to me!" Chinatsu got over her slump and matured, all's well that ends well.

勝ったな!ガハハ!
KITTA NA GAHAHA!

Their idol outfits were cute~
It really looks like you can see Chi-chan's panties...

SeijiroUshio said:
Kazuha is just too cute when she's drunk
This.
GenesisAriaDec 24, 2016 10:48 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 24, 2016 11:13 AM
Oct 2015
I will miss this show and Chitose :')

8/10 KATTA NA GAHAHAHA
Dec 24, 2016 12:39 PM

Oct 2013
Chitose is pretty funny. Her development is to try harder, but seemingly only a bit harder, but she and the others are having fun with the project so why not. She's back to her old self by the end - a shit-tier rookie.

It's an 8/10 for me.

I liked the final song performance and the cute costumes. Also seeing Kazuha's dad live-streaming the event.
Dec 24, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
Them ripping apart the show at the end is what makes this.
Dec 24, 2016 12:50 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This show got better when it wasn't all about Chitose being annoying. Good second half.

7/10 at the end.
Dec 24, 2016 12:56 PM

Aug 2013
I would really like to see second season.
8/10 for me. I hope that this studio will do something similar (if it come to direction, art and animation quality) with Fuuka in winter season.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 24, 2016 2:21 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So this is the last episode then eh
Lol Chitose's manager though sure is insistent

Its nice seeing Chitose realize her mistakes
and lol Goujo's text as well
i guess thats a good enough motivation for her lol

Lol the byplay between Momoka and Kazuha
of course this level of snow will be nothing to Kazuha
its nice seeing the rest of the cast worry about Chitose though

its nice hearing what the others thought about their first main roles to
we all have to start from somewhere and even Kazuha who's a veteran now struggled at first never mind a newbee like Chitose.
Chitose's determination to get to the session though

wow thats a pretty tight schedule for recording
only 10 days left until release and they still have to dub it as well
lol the author's humming though and lol a slaps a great way to get someone out of a trance.

Hmm so everything hinges on this performance by Chitose eh
watching everyone's reactions as they eagerly await Chitose's performance though
they really believe in her eh
lets hope that she does manage to get there
lol Kuzu
And amazingly Chitose did manage to get there eventually late but she did get there which is what counts really.

Hearing Chitose's honest words about herself and readily admit her shortcomings
was nice. And seeing her determination to work hard and do her best for this anime despite that is really heartwarming and actually happy to see.
I think all of people present both staff and seiyuu were really surprised at this determination of hers. I know i am lol. But despite her shortcomings this determination of hers is what defines Chitose as a person.

Lol Kuzu crying after hearing this
Glad to see that Goujo was pleased with this
Lol Momoka already knows this about her but seeing her throw a tantrum after being told by chitose was quite funny.
Lol Chitose's answer to her friends responses was hillarious

Lol Chitose as the leader of the cast
But with her new determination it feels appropriate for her
seeing the author get motivated by Chitose's words was also nice to see
Chitose is so different now and its nice to see that Momoka and Kazuha can see this too.

Seeing the girls put their voices into that performance though
just tells you just how skilled seiyuus are at their jobs
seeing the cast and the staff all fired up is really something
But i think the characters really did well here and that was a hell of a performance that they gave in that session.

Its nice seeing that the negotiations with the managers went well
and that Momoka and Kazuha like the project enough to stay on despite their schedules. And it looks like they had great fun at the events and at the radio show as well.

Its nice seeing Gouzo approve of Chitose's newfound determination
and Lol Chitose being late for the major event thats so like her
and lol Chitose must really like eggs as all her tops have them
Lol its Kuzu thats haven't grown according to Tawada
Come Chitose run with all your might and get there in time

Lol Kuzu acting as the shield and lol what a nickname for Kuzu as well
the war criminal Kuzu
man im glad that Chitose got there in time
Love the girls outfits though
and seeing them use the cheer as well
they're familiar enough in that i always wondered why they didn't have it here but really they were saving it for this last episode.
That cheer message though

The ending song though was great and showed the singing skills of all of the girls. And man that song was really catchy and watching everyone including the family members of the cast watch that performance as well that was a great scene to include in.

Lol the final scene of the girls relaxing at the bar and reflect upon the anime that they were in. This project really grew on them eh
I really hope that there will be a season 2 for this though.

As last episodes go i thought that this was pretty well done
seeing Chitose regain her determination and also readily admit that she and not put her all in her performances was very brave of her. But seeing her vow to do better and work harder for the project was heartwarming. Seeing the change in Chitose after this really speaks volumes just how much she has changed over the series and indeed every character has changed over the series thanks to excellent character development. The ending son that they used in the end was surprising as that was an entirely new insert song and that was actually quite catchy and showed the singing ability of the girls.
And despite my doubts they managed to create a pretty good ending for the series in this episode to which i applaud.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2016 2:50 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode, when Chitose accepts her destiny and her work finally!!!

The first time arrives later by the snow, but the second by the politic, and sorry, she arrives later by she is sleeping xD

In summary was a nice always, with a plot very interesting with a dramatic and personal instants, but another comical ....

...7/10.
Dec 24, 2016 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Chitose reaches the studio quite late thanks to all those delays because it snowed the other day. And she tells everyone how much she sucks and how she doesn't care about the anime and only cares about herself. She only cares about selling herself and for that she has to sell the anime too. She sucks but she has to make do with this sucking and get better. Lol how she dismissed what Kazuha said as pretentious. The only thing Kuzu got out of what she said was that they need to make this succeed so that they can make money lol. And then that cheer in the end. "It's in the bag! Ga ha ha!" Dammit Chitose.

Overall, I really loved the comedy and these characters. The mocking of the industry was hilarious. Lol in the end Yae says that the anime had good music and voice acting. That's not something to write home about lol. Yae and Koto felt a bit underused. Chitose, Momoka and Kazuha got some good development. Overall, a fun show. Really loved the rotten till the end Chitose. Best character this season.
Dec 24, 2016 5:55 PM

Jan 2013
Surprisingly/unsurprisingly cheerful ending.
Not sure if the message is just to accept the sorry state of the industry and take it one day at a time.
Dec 24, 2016 6:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Feels bad that this anime is basically going unheard, plus it's score is pretty low for what it is. Watari did a great job with this series and it worked well both when it was cynical and dramatic. Second season please :3

8/10
Dec 24, 2016 6:55 PM

Nov 2016
That was a very good finale episode. I was wondering if Chitose was going to make it up there by the studio in time after the train delays. I'm really happy that Chitose decided to be honest about herself about her being selfish and saying that's she not good with her acting skills but only wants to be popular. It felt like we were hearing the real Chitose coming out of her shell and wanted to be near those that cared for her. I was so proud of her that she was going to work more harder than ever and never giving up. Well, at least everyone appreciated her thoughts though they can tell what her personality was like during those times.

I enjoyed the second half where the girls were able to do their debut for the latest song they had and looked really cute in their outfits. It was really interesting to see. But I have to say when the girls went to the bar, they all looked like they were really enjoying themselves. I liked Shibasaki's drunken face which was really adorable. FTW!

Well, this was really a wonderful series and I'm going to miss those girls and I think they'll be able to pursue more acting roles in the future. I have to give this an 8/10 cause I think it really did well with the drama and some of the character arcs I enjoyed with Momoka and Shibasaki. Also, the "It's in the bag! GAHAHAHA" really makes me laugh so much. Gonna miss that too. Anyway, I'm glad things ended on a high note with Chitose and she really has bloomed from her previous state of things. It's a valuable learning experience for her and she knows that she has to do everything in your power to make things happen and not let things slip past her.
Dec 24, 2016 11:31 PM

Nov 2014
Ignoring any second seasons, this was the AOTY for me. The characters made me laugh out loud in every single episode. Their personalities were very refreshing and well-rounded. These characters were presented in a way that made their flaws immediately recognisable. The cynical humour really made this show stand out in a big way. Writing was the core strength of this show and I'm going to keep my eyes on the author from now on.
Dec 25, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2012
Oh hey, not only did they return Chitose to center position in the OP title card, they upscale do everyone except for Nanami!

A great finale for me. I'll miss this series and all the slick burns it put out xD
Chitose back to her sassy self, in fact I'd almost say she was slightly more so than usual.

Haha Matsu-san, nice joke! xD
Lots of running, Matsu-san trained her well.

Lol at Kuzu's treatment.
"Leave it to me! Go on ahead"
"You're right, it won't really matter whether you're there or not"

Katta na! GAHAHA!!!
gust11Dec 25, 2016 12:05 AM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Dec 25, 2016 2:09 AM
Mar 2012
Good Chitose revelation speech and great end with a nice song event. Nice to see the parental approval sides, Kazuha's dad on earphones 100% focus & Momoka's mom.

Recap for better quality. lol like Long Riders?
Legendary shows with delayed last episode? GuP & Kekkai Sensen.

OP slight change.
LN novel: nice slaps. Chi actually inspired him to write a novella, maybe sidestory, which they planned to animate at the end.
Nice they changed the art to fit the performance, shows how the seiyuus & production grew.
So many egg shirts. All 5 mcs are great, sides are funny, and Chi makes everything amazing.

Dec 25, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2014
Ï found the humour and satire in this series great. 9/10
Dec 25, 2016 4:38 AM
Mar 2016
bit down since that Momoka/Shibasaki story, this anime still one of my favorite this season. Can't wait to watch this ending. Already 8/10 for me
Dec 25, 2016 9:53 AM

Apr 2011
Glad to see development for Chitose and her funny personality is improve. Lol she overslept. It worked alright at the end. It was worth finishing this series.

7/10
Dec 25, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
The second half of the show ended up being the perfect watch for Christmas! I really enjoyed this silly show and all of the characters were really fun. The directing and the character designs were top notch, especially the character designs, Chitose's design is amazing.

9/10

I really like this trend Shirobako started, I don't know for how long it'll be a thing, but I'll continue to look forward to shows like this one!
alpha_shadowJan 29, 2017 6:32 AM
:3
Dec 25, 2016 12:12 PM

Jul 2007
Disappointing show with a self-defeating message.

It started good. it started with some nice jabs at the idol and VA industry.
And then midway through it started to stall, Chitose got flanderized losing most of her characterization beyond "omg she so selfish" gag.

Out of the main group only Chitose and Kazuha were decent.
Yae was literally nonfactor beyond one or two gags.
Momoka's story went nowhere.
Kansai-ben girl existed solely to give off advice to the point that I can't even remember her name.
The new introduced "replacement" for chitose was downright nerve grating.

What did show decide to do? Oh why of course pushing chitose into background where she whines about being unpopular and is made fun of while show spends time focusing on the less interesting characters.

For a show about cynical and darker side of the industry it never went deep enough.

What's worse the show lost it's message.

At the start the show established that "The industry is cynical and profit focused and that only by manipulating, lying and pretending can you achieve something", yet somehow ended with "try your best and be honest to succeed!" message? And a non-ending to boot?

A mess. Started as 9/10 material but now I can only honestly give it 6/10

6/10
Dec 25, 2016 5:52 PM

May 2015
What a great finale to end this show. I can safely say that this was AOTS (criminally underrated as well) for me. Great and funny characters, and the show as a whole felt really refreshing to watch. I'd totally watch a S2. 10/10. I'm really going to miss it.

Watari made something great here once again, lmao. Now hopefully he'll get to work one OreGairu's volume 12.

Dec 25, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
darkhorse of the season for me and my favorite which is a shame since i don't think a lot of people know about it with how delayed the episodes are and you'd think with it being from Watari it would have more traction but¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

gonna miss show a lot even when Chitose was at her worse she was entertaining.

8/10 Will gladly watch another season of Girlish Number there just isn't enough anime about the anime industry that tells some amount of truth about it while still being satire!.

guess they got it in the bag ! Gahaha!
Dec 25, 2016 9:04 PM

Jun 2016
Loved the opening transition.

From Nanami outshining Chitose...

To Chitose and the other girls getting back up again, having Nanami a (rising) star as well but beside Chitose instead.

There were other transitions before this one but this takes the cake.
[/url]
Dec 26, 2016 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
Final episode is OKAY-ish!
Karasuma Chitose usual attitude is back again!
Shit source Shit animation...Chitose is partly correct!
4/5.
8/10
KATTA NA! GA HA HA!!!

Dec 26, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2015
Aots for me, Chitose really carried the entire series and I'll pray for a S2 announcement.

Katta na! GAHAHA!
Dec 26, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2015
This was a pretty satisfying conclusion to my favorite show to watch this season. I honestly looked forward to it every week. This last episode was especially nice because Chitose was actively trying her best even though she ended up being late. And the OP having her in the center was again was extremely satisfying. The song at the end was also very fun.

As a whole, this series did 2 of the things I love most in anime. It had great comedy with all the jabs at the industry and Chitose's rotten personality while also having some nice drama with Chitose's character arc and the different ways of parenting. It was by far my AOTS. GAHAHAHA!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 26, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2011
One of my favorite Fall shows! I loved how the characters weren't perfect, they were bitchy and unlikeable at times, but they showed development and I loved it. I would probably hate Chitose irl, but watching her smugness was just too much fun!
Dec 27, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2014
I'm going to miss Chitose :'(
Dec 27, 2016 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Great ending to an amazing and incredibly underrated show!
9/10
Dec 28, 2016 1:34 AM

Oct 2013
Totally didn't expect to enjoy this show so much and a big factor to that was how real it felt. It didn't pull it's punches - no sugar coating at all when it comes to the anime & seiyuu industry - but it also provided some solid character drama with Chi-chan and it meshed together both of these 2 main things the show focused on pretty nicely.

Solid 8/10!
Dec 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Jun 2014
Chi-sama alone makes this worth watching.
I normally dislike goofball idiots, but she and Kuzu make an entertaining combo. Best lovable arseholes this season.

Overall, I'd say this is a solid addition to the anime industry genre.
Dec 28, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2008
It was a good show and I think a pretty honest look at the anime voice acting industry. I doubt there will be a 2nd season so I'll just say I enjoyed watching this one and give it 8/10.

Funniest scene was Chitose opening her drawer and we see all her egg shirts.
Dec 28, 2016 10:14 PM

Jun 2015
Still only at 7.12 on MAL...... underappreciated as fuck.
Dec 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Mar 2008
I would have liked to see Chitose progress more, but this is fine I suppose. 8/10.
Dec 29, 2016 5:08 AM
Dec 2014
RealityRush said:

It even went down. :(
Dec 29, 2016 2:16 PM
Sep 2013
RealityRush said:

Why is this anime getting lots of hate (because of the low score) but not sh*t like Yuri on Ice or Sh*tgatsu?
Dec 29, 2016 5:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
There goes my Wednesday anime. Underrated show in my opinion. It had a few bumps here and there, but overall it was a solid show. Most characters got some nice focus, personally I liked Koto and Chitose the most.

Gojo with that "You brat" line was hilarious. Leave it to Chitose to put the group in such a nervous state. RIP Phone-kun, sometimes sacrifices have to be made, Chitose manages to make it in time. That scene where the girls put their hands towards the center was pretty fun. They left Chitose hanging as she was getting the group fired up.

Kuzu was pretty annoying at first but he managed to redeem himself towards the end. Would have been nice to see the end result of that challenge he had with that one guy and if he won over Mai Mai again.

8/10

Dec 30, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't think I would like to watch this show. Good thing I picked it up.
And I enjoyed watching it. And sure I'm gonna miss this.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 (or 8) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 30, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
As expected I ended up enjoying this series, however, not as much as I had assumed. Still fun to watch, Momoka is a goddess. 6/10
Dec 30, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2010
Best this season along with Flip Flappers. Was really enjoyable and refreshing throughout. Loved Chitose's development. Also, Towada grew to be pretty fun around Kuzu who remained Kuzu till the end. Gojou was nice, too. Liked all the girls though Koto and Yae could use more moments.

8.5/10
Dec 30, 2016 8:02 PM

Oct 2016
I had doubts on this show since it's like a spin-off version of Shirobako that focuses on VC.. but I guess another show proved me wrong.

I like it despite some hiccups. I'd rate it 8/10.

I hope they can create a special episode which would focus more on Gojou x Koto ship. lol

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 31, 2016 1:25 AM

Jun 2013
The girls look so adorable in their matching costumes.
臭い-
Dec 31, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2013
So basically this was a shout out to all those seiyuu's working in the industry to encourage them to not give up?

I'm still kind of unsure as to the overall theme of this show...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 31, 2016 6:28 PM

Feb 2014
I liked (7/10) the first 05-06 episodes, but then it got boring -in my opinion- and turned to be just a fine (6/10) anime =/

Maybe because I marathoned it? Well... anyway

6/10
Jan 1, 2017 3:08 AM

Jul 2012
Ohhh, wow. This Anime got amazing near the end. Watched it each week with my friends and we ended up marathoning last few episodes together.

It was very realistic. Even side characters were well done. I didn't think this show would be so good since I expected it to be like Shirobako where it's focused on telling you about the Anime industry but doesn't manage to build good characters.

It was motivating, actually. The darker view on the seiyuu industry captivated me and how the protag wasn't satisfied with herself but still pushed forward. And her relationship with her brother was very interesting too. It's rare to see a realistic brother sister relationship in an Anime without fetishization.

Anyways I'm tired rn so I won't write more. Job well done!!
Jan 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
No more drunken Kazuha, unfortunately. As for Chitose, she did grow, however, at the same time, somehow didn't... Still, I did enjoy the show.
Jan 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
I really wanted this show to be great, but this last episode made it earned its 8. I may check out the light novel. This was a good show that I feel sometimes deviated too much from tis topic. I also like Chistose's speech because she is admitting her flaws finally. She doesn't need to say sorry to people who already like her. She just needed to own up for the shitty work she has done and needed to do better. So it really make all that character development stick. Chistose is really likeable. She is not only cute but a very likable character. I hope there is a season 2 but the way they ended it is fine.

Now I wish the animation didn't take breaks with all the stills. I really loved the artwork of this show and how everyone looked realistic for the most part.

This was a good show and one of the few real gems of the fall. I gave it an 8.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 1, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
Dang I still can't decide if I like Kazuha or Koto better
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

70 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

84 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:40 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

54 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.