Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 8:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Shiori thinks about Sawako more than she had thought.

Those two oranges together look adorable.
Dec 22, 2016 10:53 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another short series ens!!!

In this episode, while Shiori has to take a train recives the call of Sawako!!! The rest of the episode, is similar of others, is about books, although the most important is "Grapes of wrath"!!

The orange of the smiles!!! Funny!!!!

I don´t likes much this serie, but i think the most important was the message, "read is funny" or so I have understood ;)
Dec 22, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2015
Just as expected from Sawako. She's doing what mostly Anime describe what winter is, with Kotatsu and tangerines plus making everyone laugh. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 22, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
Aww, those tangerines look cute. This was a nice short. I liked it.
Dec 22, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
Shiori rides a train and laughs at sawako's tangerine message :) 7/10
Dec 22, 2016 2:08 PM
May 2014
if only the earliest episodes focused on those two as much as the latest it would be a solid 7, but 5 it's
Dec 22, 2016 2:37 PM

Sep 2015
Aww final episode hope theres a sequel
Dec 22, 2016 3:05 PM

Jan 2015
I think it was a good anime.I saw it in two ways. Sawako is your modern reader who reads summary,reviews and thinks he read the book, while there are some current passionate readers like Shiori who even memorizes lines. Or you can replace the word book with anime. Sawako finding different anime quotes, reading summaries,review and thinking she watched the anime and understands it while she doesn't. And Shiori is your passionate anime viewer who's really into it.
Dec 22, 2016 3:25 PM

Feb 2013
An enjoyable little anime. Made me laugh.

7/10
Dec 22, 2016 9:23 PM

Feb 2016
I really enjoyed this show, and it was kinda made better being on the same day as Great Passage. This last episode was touching and now I'm left wanting more.
Dec 23, 2016 5:08 AM

Jul 2015
Thus, another nice little short has ended, though I cant say I'll miss it all that much. It was good, but not that good. 6/10
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 23, 2016 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
Anyone know where the full ED is? It grew on me.
A lot of people today are like Sawako, criticizing something they didn't read/watch properly. Like they saw a clip of it on the net then criticize it based on that alone. If they are my friends I eventually start not minding like Kanbayashi, but strangers annoy me.
ernstDec 23, 2016 5:48 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 23, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
This was an interesting slice-of-life/educational short series. This episode really shows how the two main characters have become good friends.
Dec 23, 2016 1:44 PM
Oct 2012
ernst said:
A lot of people today are like Sawako, criticizing something they didn't read/watch properly. Like they saw a clip of it on the net then criticize it based on that alone. If they are my friends I eventually start not minding like Kanbayashi, but strangers annoy me.

The CD came out a while ago but I don't think it was ever ripped.
Dec 23, 2016 2:24 PM

Oct 2011
aww it's over. Hope for more books
Dec 24, 2016 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
ernst said:
zeoh said:
ernst said:

The CD came out a while ago but I don't think it was ever ripped.

Damn. Shorts like this usually gets the short end of the popularity/attention stick. Where are those yuri fans when you need them. Hope somebody will rip it soon.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 25, 2016 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
I can't believe no one talked about Interstellar's mention! 😍
Dec 25, 2016 2:09 PM

May 2015
This anime was just little hard to enjoy given how many books I have never read that got referenced. Oh well, it was a good way to waste some time.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 25, 2016 9:36 PM

Oct 2010
"It's in the young adult genre, but it became a hit as a dystopian love story"

Why the "but," as if there's something unexpected about that?

I'm not a reader, but I'm very aware that YA dystopia has been the hot rage for several years, or at least it was until the money train slowed down on the plethora of movie adaptations that weren't The Hunger Games. Even my one English major friend who's constantly rewriting her own novels, and staunchly defends YA against elitist critics, said she was tired of the YA dystopia flood a couple of years ago.

I always thought Shiori was one of those elitists, so ending the show with her recommending a recent YA dystopia hit, well, it amuses me. :D

8/10 Great show. But srsly how have these sci-fi fans not read War of the Worlds, even I listened to it as an audiobook
Dec 25, 2016 11:40 PM

May 2016
Bernard-jou Iwaku

Finally it ends. The books are great. My rate is 9/10 though it's short (▰˘◡˘▰)
Jan 2, 2017 2:12 AM
No Drop Hell

Sep 2011
Well, it's over. Honestly, Matched by Ally Condie was one of the last books I expected to be mentioned. Like, ever. It wasn't popular for very long.
Jan 3, 2017 11:57 PM
Oct 2012
VividlyVisceral said:
Well, it's over. Honestly, Matched by Ally Condie was one of the last books I expected to be mentioned. Like, ever. It wasn't popular for very long.

It'll be back. Movie is currently being made.
Jan 15, 2017 6:12 PM

Jun 2016
Haha at first I don't like watch this anime bcos they talk too fast. After watching a few eps, it is good and I like it xD Looking forward for its movie lol
Jan 18, 2017 9:44 PM

Jun 2011
^ kinda same, I didn't like it at first because of all the books trivia which I am unfamiliar with and don't really care, but they sure toned it down a lot since the first episode. Sawako is such an entertaining character to watch.

I also have a head canon where Sawako and Shiori get together, and because Sawako couldn't be bothered to read a novel, Shiori read it out for her instead, as Sawako prepare for bed time. :p
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 16, 2017 4:07 PM
Sep 2009
Works for me -- except, of course, when Shiori finishes reading it, Sawako has long fallen asleep. Shiori then, expresses her feelings. By leaning close and smacking her with the book she read. :D

Anyway, great series with some new ideas I haven't seen in anime!
Mar 29, 2017 11:19 PM

Nov 2013
I'm going to miss Sawako and Shiori. I already do. The have such great chemistry. it's never boring with them around
Hope that's not the end.
Oct 10, 2017 2:39 PM

Jun 2017
Pretty fun show, actually. i wouldn't mind a sequel to this.
Aug 14, 2018 11:23 AM
Mar 2018
That was a rather nice and relaxing anime, with a hint of yuri towards the end. But anyone else got the feeling that it was a bit too fast spoken/translated?
Dec 22, 2018 5:05 PM

Oct 2015
It was great to see Kanbayashi smile in this episode, as Sawako said, she is a kinda always mad character. Kinda funny Sawako didn't read the book Kanbayashi recommended to her about the poem, I guess she is too lazy to read any.

I loved this series but it was too bad Endo didn't appear too much on the series, especially the crush Hasegawa has on him. I didn't understand most of the books they referenced, but I read like a very few of them and watched a few of the movies that were adapted. Sawako was annoying at times but I liked her and Kanbayashi.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 24, 2019 2:28 AM

Feb 2008
Realized I had yet to finish watching this series. Finally got around to doing that. Last episode was a nice wrap-up episode. Machida and Kanbayashi remind me of two students in one of my classes... (^_-)
May 3, 2020 7:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pointless anime but it's not surprising considering the studio that made it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bernard-jou Iwaku. Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2016

46 by bushman66 »»
Jul 8, 2022 2:07 PM

Poll: » Bernard-jou Iwaku. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

14 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 24, 2020 5:25 AM

Poll: » Bernard-jou Iwaku. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

11 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 24, 2020 5:18 AM

Poll: » Bernard-jou Iwaku. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2016

17 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 24, 2020 5:12 AM

» Books mentioned

janusik5 - Oct 10, 2016

12 by TitanInsane »»
Nov 24, 2020 4:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.