Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

damn this is really great episode
nice scenes when lily used chainsaw instead axe. Ichigo would be proud if see this.
megmicaDec 22, 2016 8:31 AM
Dec 22, 2016 6:54 AM

Sep 2015
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all Aikatsu Fans.

A really big change from Yume, she just become too active lol. Not a bad thing I guess.

*The last few minute interaction between Yume and Subaru(the longest minute in all 40 episodes), I believe this was what I call The Christmas limited romance edition. Because you won't get to see this kind of interaction in future episodes often.
Dec 22, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2010
shit just got real
While Yuri On Ice have made a history on daytime, Aikatsu Stars had made its own history as the best fanservice in Aikatsu history. Even Sena x Aka fanservice cant outshine this. And thus, Subaru had realized that he likes Yume

However, it seems like their friend didn't realized this scene. I'm disappointed that I can't see Ako's getting angry/jealous
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 5:50 PM

Feb 2016
AAAUGH, I can't even describe how beautiful this episode was.

I've been waiting for Subaru x Yume all week σ(≧ε≦σ) ♡
Dec 22, 2016 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
I never expected the Subaru and Yume development to be this serious. I'm glad Aikatsu is finally trying out something new by adding in a little romance.
I'm liking this season a lot more now

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Dec 22, 2016 9:28 PM

May 2010
Hyuse said:
I never expected the Subaru and Yume development to be this serious. I'm glad Aikatsu is finally trying out something new by adding in a little romance.
I'm liking this season a lot more now

We were born to make history.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2016 12:41 AM

May 2013

i wonder if this is hint/foreshadowing for new character. the shot looks strange.
Dec 23, 2016 8:37 PM

Oct 2011
I wish Haruka was more relevant :( They don't have a dance class member in their little friend group and she needs to be more used rather than just random comic relief. I dont have a favorite amongst the girls at all and I feel like I would like her alot.

Forum icon by Yandere

Dec 23, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2014
i think the fact that this episode was subbed one day after it came out shows how enthusiastic people are for this series (and how good this episode was itself)

i mean, they brought back the OG Christmas jingle and everyone slayed it on the dance floor.

the Axe has upgraded. a bit blasphemous but ill allow it.

Haruka Ruka graced us with her presents again. on that note, i hope she gets a performance. her VA is a former AKB48 idol tooo.

i'm not really a romance kinda guy usually but atleast they gave yume and subaru like-minded ideals they can relate to instead of just putting them into a scene together. i would totally support them planning a joint concert together.

edit: oh ya, i wonder who the mysterious shut in was. maybe she'll transfer in next season.
Dec 24, 2016 6:53 AM
Aug 2016
Yeah! This excited me so much because I love Subaru, and having screentime for him made me squeal. Anyway, was kinda hoping for some Koharu, but guess not, and for M4 to perform. Maybe another time...
Dec 25, 2016 7:00 AM

Jun 2012
I almost fell from chair when Lily pulled out chainsaw. Yes, you can change tradition :)
Dec 25, 2016 11:12 PM

Oct 2012
This ep was unbelievably fun, beautiful and just plain exciting.
It was super cheerful and an amazing change from previous eps regarding the atmosphere and even Yume's attitude.

Like I swear everyone was really likeable this ep, but Yume was so so so endearing this ep, like she shot way up to (maybe?) my #1 spot again. Her cheerful attitude that pulled her friends along was a pleasure to watch and I won't lie, the Subaru x Yume service we got this ep was glorious.
I was laughing before it even showed that Lily was holding the chainsaw. Most could probably guess that it was her since it was only the admins there, but I recognized her character theme playing and immediately burst out laughing at the thought of her saying some deep sounding stuff to justify using a chainsaw xD

The song was cute, I liked watching the recorded scenes of Yume and co. practicing the dance choreography and doing stuff together, it added a lot of value to the performance and demonstrated their bonds.

Kanata x Ako looks so fun and cute seeing as how he's literally the only one who truly understands Ako on such a deep level.
Yume x Subaru was so outstanding, I loved how they developed the idea that Subaru and Yume had similar mindsets, and it seemed pretty natural too, props to these guys for doing a great job. The scene that their conversation was leading up to was so obvious that I was already smiling before the fall happened.
Lol at Subaru being the boiled octopus this time, hella cute.
Wondering who the shut-in is, seems like she might've been inspired by their Christmas song. Maybe she'll be a new significant character? It'd be nice if she was, kinda like original Aikatsu, bringing in new relevant characters throughout the series.

Hope that next ep is as fun as this one!
definitely in my top 3 if not my number one episode so far
gust11Dec 25, 2016 11:19 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 2, 2017 11:02 AM

Sep 2015
Love the tree chopping reference.

Didn't think I'd last this far but the characters are starting to grow on me. I don't think this'll ever replace the original Aikatsu as my favorite idol-anime but it's darn close.
Jan 4, 2017 3:21 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm, wish i would have watched this one before Christmas now, it would have really put you in the spirit.

Subaru everyone is cheering for you!
Feb 16, 2017 9:41 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
megmica said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

damn this is really great episode
nice scenes when lily used chainsaw instead axe. Ichigo would be proud if see this.

More like "No Lily, this is how you take down a tree"
Proceeds to cut down the tree in one swing.

Still pretty hilarious how Lily improvises.

I thought it was a nice touch for the M4 members to talk about romance and stuff, in order to fully put a smile on a person, one must fully understand the emotions of a person.

Yume was so likable here. She's got more confidence and a shining personality. Can't leave out Mahiru, she also stepped up. The performance was real good, really like Mahiru's English voice.

Apr 30, 2017 4:47 AM

Apr 2012
A chainsaw!? Blasphemy, blasphemy!
But eh, it gets the job done :D

Damn I really like that they reused the christmas song from the previous Aikatsu!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 25, 2018 9:03 PM

Nov 2012
Starting to warm up to Yume x Subaru after this episode tbh.

Though got to mention one other thing that's been irking the shit out of me for a while now.Ako and how see wants to be in S4 just to have a chance with Subaru,I find it incredibly shallow and I seriously do hope she gets a character development episode at some point where she finds a better resolve.
Sep 22, 2018 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Christmas episode! Now Yume isn't the only boiled octupus around, looks like Subaru is developing feelings for her! I hope we get some romance but we will see how the series handles it, nice episode.

RIP axe, now chainsaws are the way to go, Ichigo would be disappointed.
Feb 24, 7:07 AM

May 2019
They don't really have any fun christmas activities but got a cute romance moments and the axe chritmas tree tradition. Glad to see the tradition still going strong but now more advanced with chainsaw. Bandai really pleasing the fans with Subayume ship while AKo crying in the corner after her fawning object being stolen. They have male idols that are quite an important side cast and yet we haven't got to see them performed concert live at all. I hope these male counterparts are there not just for shipping material though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 100 Discussion

Florete - Apr 2, 2018

16 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 2:19 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 99 Discussion

Hyuse - Mar 23, 2018

8 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 13, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 98 Discussion

VanishingKira - Mar 19, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 97 Discussion

Florete - Mar 10, 2018

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Aikatsu Stars! Episode 96 Discussion

gomennasai - Mar 3, 2018

14 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 12, 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.