Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2016 4:14 PM

Mar 2015
Would you want a continuation of this story, or new characters?

For me, I'd love a continuation. Seung Gil Lee appeared to be hinting at something when he said "The Four Continents will be fun..."

I would also love more development with our secondary characters, or even our main characters. We had some good growth, but at the same time, I want to know MORE about them. Any time we got an inkling into their past, it left me wanting to know even more. I wouldn't mind also having some more of the female skaters get some spotlight.

What would you guys want it to include? Anything specific?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2016 6:33 PM
Nov 2016
I want Victor to quit competitive skating because him making a full comeback (which is so insulting to his character development) while simultaneously being Yuri's coach is an absolutely stupid idea.
Dec 21, 2016 6:34 PM
Apr 2016
I would like the storyline to continue right where it was left off. In the beginning of the series (episode 1) Yuuri explained how figure skating competitions work, and said that after the Grand Prix Final there are still plenty to do (that is if they want to participate)

I would like to see some more development of the friendship between Yuri and Otabek, but without too much fan service because that would ruin the plot
Personally I would LOVE to know more about Viktor, because unlike most of the characters (that we know how they started skating and in some cases a bit about what they like or their past) What do we know about Viktor? Family? How he started skating? I feel like even though he’s one of the main characters we know little about him
Also I’d like to see the comeback of Leo and Guang-Hong, and maybe the introduction of new characters, because the world of skating we can’t always have the same skaters
Dec 21, 2016 6:39 PM
Apr 2016
TastyPancakez said:
I want Victor to quit competitive skating because him making a full comeback (which is so insulting to his character development) while simultaneously being Yuri's coach is an absolutely stupid idea.

I agree, you can't concentrate on your career and be a coach at the same time, because even if Yuuri and Viktor have a really solid realitionship and everything it's ridiculous to think Viktor would be the coach of someone he's competing against
Dec 21, 2016 6:42 PM
Nov 2016
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:
TastyPancakez said:

I agree, you can't concentrate on your career and be a coach at the same time, because even if Yuuri and Viktor have a really solid realitionship and everything it's ridiculous to think Viktor would be the coach of someone he's competing against

Not only that but I hate that the show put out lines like "I've been neglecting life and love for nearly 20 years," have Victor cry when he hears Yuri is going to retire and not have him be his coach anymore, and then in 5 minutes the show goes "WELP I'M GONNA RETURN TO COMPETITIVE SKATING BECAUSE I WANT YOUR OTAKU DOLLARS IN MY POCKET FOR A SECOND SEASON!"

What a way to insult an audience.
Dec 21, 2016 6:46 PM

Sep 2016
TastyPancakez said:
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:

Not only that but I hate that the show put out lines like "I've been neglecting life and love for nearly 20 years," have Victor cry when he hears Yuri is going to retire and not have him be his coach anymore, and then in 5 minutes the show goes "WELP I'M GONNA RETURN TO COMPETITIVE SKATING BECAUSE I WANT YOUR OTAKU DOLLARS IN MY POCKET FOR A SECOND SEASON!"

and then after that yuri immediately ask victor to be his coach again. LMAO what a GREAT WRITING MASTERPIECE XD 4 times flip flop in 1 episode XDDD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 21, 2016 6:51 PM
Nov 2016
GangsterCat said:
TastyPancakez said:

and then after that yuri immediately ask victor to be his coach again. LMAO what a GREAT WRITING MASTERPIECE XD 4 times flip flop in 1 episode XDDD

💯 All 💯 aboard the HOElar Express! 🚂 Season 2 with hot Victor x Yuri 👬👬👬 action! Next Stop ✋✋ is yuri's HOE HOE HOLE ⛳⛳⛳ scoree!!! season 2 more HOT action! maybe we'll actually get some YURI on ICE 👭🏼👭🏼👭🏼 if you know what I mean 😜😜😜😜😜😜💦💦💦

In all seriousness I feel like I'm in the minority where I didn't want a second season...because I knew exactly what happened in episode 12 would happen. And it bothers me because this show has never been predictable before. But the finale totally was.
TastyPancakezDec 21, 2016 6:54 PM
Dec 21, 2016 6:55 PM
Apr 2016
TastyPancakez said:
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:

There are some things in the show, like Viktor saying things like that, that are obviously queer bait, and maybe that's all there is to this series because the producers just want to make an anime that sells, its their job after all
Like, If you wanted to make them officially canon the last scene from the last episode was the right moment and time

But I think thar Viktor crying in the last episode is not completely out of place. If I retired from my carrer, in which I managed to make a name for myself in the difficult world of sports, all to train one kid that caught my attention, and after all I've done for him he decides to retire... I would cry out of anger too
Dec 21, 2016 6:59 PM
Nov 2016
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:
TastyPancakez said:

There are some things in the show, like Viktor saying things like that, that are obviously queer bait, and maybe that's all there is to this series because the producers just want to make an anime that sells, its their job after all
Like, If you wanted to make them officially canon the last scene from the last episode was the right moment and time

But I think thar Viktor crying in the last episode is not completely out of place. If I retired from my carrer, in which I managed to make a name for myself in the difficult world of sports, all to train one kid that caught my attention, and after all I've done for him he decides to retire... I would cry out of anger too

Well no I meant that all of Victor's development showed that he was DONE with figure skating. He wanted to be with Yuri and actually live his life! And that was a great development for Victor, but FUCK GOOD WRITING SECOND SEASON LOL!
Dec 21, 2016 7:04 PM
Apr 2016
TastyPancakez said:
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:

Well no I meant that all of Victor's development showed that he was DONE with figure skating. He wanted to be with Yuri and actually live his life! And that was a great development for Victor, but FUCK GOOD WRITING SECOND SEASON LOL!

You know, in episode 11, when Yuuri saw the way Viktor looked at the other skaters, it made me think that probably Viktor missed not only the ice, but the spotlight. You can´t be completely done with something you've been doing for so long
Dec 21, 2016 7:08 PM
Nov 2016
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:
TastyPancakez said:

You know, in episode 11, when Yuuri saw the way Viktor looked at the other skaters, it made me think that probably Viktor missed not only the ice, but the spotlight. You can´t be completely done with something you've been doing for so long

I expected that argument, and my answer is: then don't make it so blatantly clear for 10 episodes that you're done with skating and want to pursue an actual life -- something you've missed out on for most of your life.

Like it or not this is a backtrack on really important character development.

Don't get me wrong that's a very valid point, but I strongly feel it doesn't work with Victor's narrative. Literally in the beginning of the same episode, Victor cries because Yuri says he's going to retire and that Victor should stop being his coach.
Dec 21, 2016 7:15 PM

May 2016
What would I like to see in season 2? Oh boy.

I want to see Victor and Yuuri practicing together at the rink in St. Petersburg. I want to see them living together at Victor's flat. I want to see a new SP and FS and costume from both of them.

I want to see the other tournaments (e.g. world's, national) and I want to see Yuuri beat out Victor's SP score only to get trampled in the FS. I'd like for Victor to conclude his skating career with a glorious bang, and then resume being Yuuri's coach 24/7, in time for Yuuri to win gold at the olympics.

I want to see Phichit on ice. I want to know more about Chris' mysterious man. I want to see Seung-gil getting friendly with Sara. I want to see Yurio and Otabek's friendship develop.

I want to see Victor and Yuuri's relationship deepening in intimacy. I want to see how much happier the two of them are with the other in their life.

I want to see the rest of their lives--
Dec 21, 2016 7:17 PM
Apr 2016
TastyPancakez said:
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:

I expected that argument, and my answer is: then don't make it so blatantly clear for 10 episodes that you're done with skating and want to pursue an actual life -- something you've missed out on for most of your life.

Don't get me wrong that's a very valid point, but I strongly feel it doesn't work with Victor's narrative. Literally in the beginning of the same episode, Victor cries because Yuri says he's going to retire and that Victor should stop being his coach.

I guess you are right, to me it seemed like he wanted to stop being Viktor Nikiforov to be just Viktor (if you understand what I mean with that) but when he told Yakov he wanted to return to competitive skating we were still in the point when Yuuri was going to retire, and if he was going to retire there would be nothing else for him to do other than going back to what he was doing before being a coach.
When Yuuri said he was not going to retire I thought he would take that back, but he said he would still make a comeback, but maybe he won't. I guess we'll have to wait until season 2, being Viktor as unpredictable as he is.

Anyways, I just hope the next season will be on the same level of this one in every sense, specially the music, and y expect it to amaze me as much as this one.
Dec 21, 2016 7:21 PM

Aug 2009
I want there to be an injury. Also for Yurio to get his growth spurt and having to go back to the basics again to get used to his body.
Dec 21, 2016 7:27 PM
Aug 2011
TastyPancakez said:

But are you not taking into consideration that Yuuri might just factor into his love and life equation though?

Anyway, Victor in general is still a mysterious character (at least to me) that I think should have been explored more and/or differently. I like him so I wanted to know more.
standDec 21, 2016 7:36 PM
Dec 21, 2016 7:34 PM
Nov 2016
stand said:
TastyPancakez said:

But are you not taking into consideration that Yuuri might just factor into his love and life equation though?

Anyway, Victor in general is still a mysterious character (at least to me) that I think should have been explored more and/or differently. I like him so I wanted to know more.

What do you mean? Of course he does, that's why Victor is coaching Yuri. Not dedicating his life into a competitive sport, but instead finding love from Yuri and finding purpose other than getting the gold.

But Victor making a "full comeback" is a very conflict to that sentiment.
Dec 21, 2016 7:53 PM

Mar 2016
I want to see Yuri win gold, because he should have in the first season. All that buildup and it didn't pay off. You could argue it's being realistic, or trying not to be cliche but I can't see any reason Yuri didn't win gold after that performance. I'm thinking it's because of the promise of a second season, so second season at least has to deliver.

Victor's past needs more exploring, and he needs more character growth. From the interviews I read it was even difficult for the staff to grasp what sort of character Victor was, so while being unique is nice I think it's an obvious call to flesh him out more. Really get in his head. We need more episodes from his perspective.

The costume designs, music, and skating programs(the programs themselves, not the animation that flip flopped back and forth) were all highlights of the show and I'm hoping they continue with that. I listen to the soundtrack all the time, it's just gorgeous to me. I mostly want to see the same characters, since we didn't get much time with them, but a new character or two would be good to mix it up. Otabek kind of got cucked in the end there along with Yuri so hopefully a season two can redeem that.

I also really like seeing the slice of life bits here and there, just the characters normal lives and interactions with each other. Yuri and Victor especially, since their chemistry together is my personal favorite. Some of their scenes felt rushed in season 1, hopefully a season 2 will relax the pace a bit. If Yuri really did move to Russia hopefully that means more Yurio as well. He was a main character but still felt pushed to the side a bit.
Dec 21, 2016 7:59 PM
Aug 2011
Hmm I guess the line between
i'm DONE and I want to find purpose other than getting gold
and
i've realized that I can find purpose by returning to the ice because this person is now here with me, and will be here next to me
is drawn in a way that is too vague and too thin.
Dec 21, 2016 8:07 PM

Jun 2016
If there's a second season, then Yuri better win a damn gold and retire. Seriously, this season should've been enough. This was supposed to be the last year Yuri competed, which increased the tension of the show. I was fine with him winning silver because it was a major comeback, no matter how you look at it. But then they put all that tension and Victor's character development to shame with the last five minutes of the episode.

If anything, I'd rather see how Yuri Plisetsky is doing.

behind these hills
i'm reaching for the heights

Dec 21, 2016 8:30 PM

Mar 2012
+1 for the idea of viktor being coach + competing with yuri being total bullshit, this could be so wrong in so many levels and it may cause so many flaws

also i want the the whole couple or bait discussion to end so make it clear in a second season (since the author's words are not enough for some people)
Dec 21, 2016 10:07 PM
Jun 2014
For season 2 if it happens I really want to see consistent animation and editing next time and not fluctuate. I wouldn't mind some episodes focusing more on Yurio (and Otabek hehe) and Victor's past. Maybe Yuuri training with Victor and Yurio in Russia for Worlds. I know Olympics is in 2018 but it would be cool have the season focus on that too.
Dec 21, 2016 10:42 PM

Jan 2013
Less Yuri, more obatek and Chris. I find that the ending was full of poop. They should both be retiring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 12:23 AM
May 2015
TastyPancakez said:

Okay I''m SO glad someone felt this way too. I want Victor's reason to retire to be because Yuuri Katsuki inspired him and they fell in love with each other, and that he's satisfied with the way things are currently. He wouldn't need or want to go back on the ice.. It would leave him off with a good note. He looked so ready to drop his career and continue being with Yuri as his main support. But if he continues and he retires later it'll be because of something like 'old age' and that sounds pretty meh. And I definitely agree: how is he gonna compete and coach at the same time ?? It kind of stretches things a bit too far and kinda seems extra if you ask me.
Dec 22, 2016 12:29 AM
May 2015
TastyPancakez said:
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:

^^ I strongly agree. It seems like a total diss to his character development regarding his feelings about his career. I honestly can't even remember/understand why he wants to go back on the ice. I'm secretly hoping that he actually doesn't plan to and only said it relieve Yuri. Then again the possibilities are endless.
Dec 22, 2016 2:25 AM

Nov 2010
I didn't like Viktor going back to competing either. I feel like his character development was going in opposite direction, but that it was changed for second season. However if Viktor is going to compete, I want him to crush competition. Yuuri and Yurio as well, kinda show that he's still the best and those two got things to learn. Maybe after crushing everyone in one competition he could finally retire, I don't think his heart is in winning himself either. Kinda just briefly show that he still has it and then properly retire. He had just found his love and life with Yuuri that he neglected while skating and was very into fighting with Yuuri as his coach so I think he's more into Yuuri winning second Grand Prix Final than himself anyways.

Also since Viktor and Yuuri are both in Russia at end of EP12, I want them to live together in Viktor's apartment.
Dec 22, 2016 4:35 AM
Mar 2015
Better writing and less fanservice. Also more focus on the other characters. The main characters are probably what I dislike about the show.
Dec 22, 2016 6:49 AM
Dec 2016
TastyPancakez said:
ShingekiNoDoitsu said:

The problem is that Kubo herself said in an interview that Victor's character a) was still a mystery to her at episode four and b) literally just changes depending on what the story needs.

Victor, though I actually love him, is the weakest character on the show. His motives were never spoken for like ten episodes, and then when they were they were left vague enough that they could be interpreted two different ways: he's experienced life outside skating and doesn't want to go back, or he's experienced life outside skating and found the passion to return and surprise audiences again.

Very fricken crafty, lmao. Personally I saw this coming, so I was already choosing to read the second option where Yuuri's skating has inspired him to return again, but the most obvious interpretation was the one where he no longer wanted to skate. So naturally, people are gonna be pissed, because they left the character with gaping holes and wrote him so he could change to fit whatever plot they wanted.

Anyway in response to the actual thread discussion, I'm actually excited to see Victor skate next season. I'm hoping he's going to actually either have a hard time getting back to it physically, or realise it's still emotionally unfulfilling, because #drama. However it's more likely that with Yuuri there he will be very happy skating again, which will be sweet.

Next season I want it to still follow the main three characters. I want Yuuri to be more motivated than ever, and even playfully competitive now that Victor is back, and win that gold at the end of the season that he would've won had they not changed the finale at the last minute. I want Victor to be passionate about skating again but struggling in some way, and having a tough time both coaching and training because honestly...good luck buddy.

And I want Yurio to mess up big time in a competition, either early in the season or in the gap between seasons, so he has to spend the next season struggling big time with self-doubt and humility. Or alternatively (because honestly I love his stubborn little shit personality, which would be prematurely compromised with the first idea) for him to experience a sudden growth spurt (as the line about his body changing soon foreshadowed) and struggling to maintain his skating style/strengths with his new pubescent body.

Also I want them to address the fucking banquet plotline that was jawdropping in episode ten and then conveniently dropped, because it's driving me mad. That was a big moment! If they ignore it forever I'll be so bitter! And I'd love actual, proper, undeniably confirmed canon Victuuri, but that feels unlikely.
Dec 22, 2016 6:52 AM
Dec 2016
KomaDoll said:
I didn't like Viktor going back to competing either. I feel like his character development was going in opposite direction, but that it was changed for second season. However if Viktor is going to compete, I want him to crush competition. Yuuri and Yurio as well, kinda show that he's still the best and those two got things to learn. Maybe after crushing everyone in one competition he could finally retire, I don't think his heart is in winning himself either. Kinda just briefly show that he still has it and then properly retire. He had just found his love and life with Yuuri that he neglected while skating and was very into fighting with Yuuri as his coach so I think he's more into Yuuri winning second Grand Prix Final than himself anyways.

Also since Viktor and Yuuri are both in Russia at end of EP12, I want them to live together in Viktor's apartment.

Aw man, I'm so conflicted. Because I think this is the most realistic storyline and I want the show to make sense. Victor is a skating genius, of course he would crush them, it wouldn't seem right if he didn't? Even if it ended up boring him.

But the problem is that would mean Yuuri once again not winning gold at the end of the season and honestly, he's gotta win sometime. It'll be too damn depressing and the show will seem pointless if he doesn't.

(Sorry for double posting lol I suck)
Dec 22, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2010
allostatic said:
KomaDoll said:

Aw man, I'm so conflicted. Because I think this is the most realistic storyline and I want the show to make sense. Victor is a skating genius, of course he would crush them, it wouldn't seem right if he didn't? Even if it ended up boring him.

But the problem is that would mean Yuuri once again not winning gold at the end of the season and honestly, he's gotta win sometime. It'll be too damn depressing and the show will seem pointless if he doesn't.

(Sorry for double posting lol I suck)

I kinda want him to just take apart in one big competition and then give way to others, but it doesn't make lot of sense. Since he took time of I guess he needs to start with national competition like others, then Europe's and so on to get qualified. So there is going to be many competitions for him as well.

I guess Yuuri versus Viktor will be conflicting thing to fandom. It'll be interesting though and finally Yuuri can feel like he's in same play-field with his idol. Or former idol, Viktor is now lot more to him. Still I kinda want Viktor just crush everyone with big smile.
Dec 22, 2016 7:27 AM

May 2013
Just give me Viktor and Yuuri domestic life and I will be all set. They're such an adorable couple and I need to see more of their love life. It literally keeps me alive.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Dec 22, 2016 7:37 AM

Mar 2008
I wouldn't mind new characters
But if they're sticking with the old, I hope to see Victor dumping Yuuri's ass and returning to competitive skating. I want to see Victor completely annihilate the 2 Yuris on the ice.

Also the show needs more Mila.
Dec 22, 2016 7:39 AM
Apr 2016
What I really want is what season 1 didn't provide: closure on Yuri and Victors relationship.

I wouldnt mind seeing more of the other skaters though, especially Otabek who appeared so late.

Don't think we really need new characters when we already have such a large cast.
Dec 22, 2016 7:46 AM

Mar 2015
I want Otabek to finally get the medal he deserves
Dec 22, 2016 8:12 AM

Mar 2010
I want moar gayness.
Dec 22, 2016 8:21 AM

Sep 2014
I think it would be really funny if episode 1 of season 2 included this year's GPF banquet, and in a callback to episode 10 Victor asks Yuuri if he wants to move to Russia with him, and then that could lead to them actually talking about last year's banquet. There is way too much miscommunication going on between them, and most of it revolves around Yuuri forgetting that banquet. It's unrealistic enough that Victor never actually tried to bring it up, especially after he found out that Yuuri forgot about it, but they really need to sort out what exactly they are to each other aside from "coach and student". I hope that Victor competing against Yuuri will hammer that in. Even if I disagree with the idea of Victor going back on the ice, I actually really like the idea of them competing against each other and both of them dealing with what exactly their relationship is and how it affects their skating when Victor isn't 100% on Yuuri's side anymore.

Well, actually, in general, there's a whole bunch of aftermath to the GPF that I hope they don't just skim over. There are a number of competitions that occur after the GPF, and if Yuuri isn't retiring he would probably still compete in those with Victor as his coach. Even if it's just a throwaway line I hope they don't ignore that the GPF isn't the only big professional skating competition, and the skating season isn't even close to over for Yuuri even when the show's season ends (i.e. there is still Worlds). That is a whole lot of potential character development we're going to be missing, but I understand why the writers would just skip over it since they want to do new skating routines with new music. I just hope they bring that time up. I mean, Yuuri could still win a gold before the season ends. He probably won't because of contrived writing reasons, but if this were real life and he consistently performed like he did at the GPF without flubbing "Eros", he probably would. So, I feel like they kind of have to mention it at the very least.
RariettyDec 22, 2016 8:45 AM
Dec 22, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
First of all, I want to see Victor skate again. I just wanna see him at the top of his game in competitions even after taking months/a year off and prove that he's still the best despite having Yuri and Yurio compete against him. But even though I want that, I also still want him to stay by Yuri's side as his couch.... so yes, I'm really conflicted. Dx

Also that ending in the final episode made me want to see Victor and Yuri compete together as a pair... that would be soooooo good to see in official competitions. Actually just seeing them together at all doing whatever will satisfy me at this point. lol
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 22, 2016 11:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
How about some actual yuri to live up to the title
Dec 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2013
I want more more of a gay development between Victor and Yuuri.
Dec 22, 2016 1:46 PM

Nov 2016
- More of every character except Chris, lol. I love the Yuris and Victor but I hope we'll get more background story and development for the other skaters because they are all interesting.

- Better animation when they are skating.

- Moar awesome tunes.

- See some bits of the women's competition, but I guess there won't be enough time if the second season is 12 episodes as well.
Dec 22, 2016 2:09 PM

Apr 2016
I would like a continuation from where the story was left off.
I don't really mind a full comeback from Viktor and I am hoping this will bring good things, such as very beautiful new performances and new coreographies of course ^^

I would like to see some close-ups at secondary character's stories, such as Minami, Guanghong and others, meaning that I want to have more of them aswell, more appearances and attention.

As for the romantic side of the whole story, development of the Viktuuri relationship is appreciated. It would be nice to see more domestic scenes of them, or them living together and cute things like these. I love their relationship as it is, very well handled up till now, so yeah, having more of that would be beautiful.
Dec 22, 2016 4:59 PM
May 2015
KomaDoll said:

Yup yup.. This is just my way of upvoting your comment as well.
Dec 23, 2016 2:35 AM

Aug 2016
At the beginning of the show Victor had no inspiration left to continue skating, and took a break to coach a Japanese man (bc he asked him nicely) and well.. they fell in love. It was pretty clear to me that Victor found love and life and wants to compete one last time without them shackles he was talking about. But he doesn't wanna do it alone, he wants his amazing student Yuuri who broke his long time world record to be there too \o/

Yuuri's hair looked much longer in the last scene so I think they're gonna skip the four continents and worlds to go straight to training for the GPF, with new awesome routines and outfits and amazing music. I'm really looking forward to see Victor skate one last time to his full potential and I'm even more looking forward to Yuuri beating him and finally win gold. And you know who i wanna see in the GPF as well? Little minami-kun, trying to catch up to Yuuri ahh i need that ;-;

I need more character development for Yuuri, he now knows Victor isn't gonna leave him for a while so he is probably a lot more confident now. Warm up time is over! Also Yurio has his gold, now I wanna see him struggle bc his body starts to develop idk. And Victor and Yuuri would be there for him for emotional support bc they're all in Russia so WHY NOT! Give that child some love! Victor can learn some coaching skills from Yakov to make Yuuri even stronger. Ofcourse Victor wants Yuuri to win because gold means kiss (and wedding) and Yuuri is gonna be like "no skate to your full potential pls >:(" y'know there's always room for a lil drama

There's probably a lot more I wanna see but I can't think of anything more right now. Ahhh I'm so ready for a second season!!!
Dec 23, 2016 5:53 AM

Mar 2015
- I want to know more about Yurio!!!

- I want too see romance between Victor and Yuuri. Just. Please. I love how they look at each other.

- Since the first season did so well, I hope they make the season with the best quality animation. That would be amazing <3

- I want more background on Victor. Him going back to skating shocked me a little. The episode where he basically inner-talks all the time was great. So I was convinced he retired for sure. Then again. he looked like he missed competitive skating in the last episode, he had both records taken, and he always has done what he wants. Considering that, I can come to terms a bit with that sudden change of opinion.

- More of pair skating! It was amazing and there's lots of things that they can't do when it's solo skating.

- If they live in Russia, then I want to see the Russian culture and scenery. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A NATURAL ICE SKATING SCENE.
Dec 23, 2016 6:17 AM
Jun 2009
Things I want:

- Less fanservice
- More attention to other characters
- (Eventually) an ultimate skating showdown between Victor and Yuuri and/or Victor and Yurio
Dec 23, 2016 6:35 AM
May 2015
Well, I think that Yuri!!! On Ice needed 1 season of 13 chapters with a different end (but I like the actual end).
I hope to see a development of the relationship of Victor en Yuuri with a lovely end (like a wedding or a simple real kiss or confession!). Also, I want to see Yuuri winning the gold and retire at the same time with Victor (I don't understand why he came back when he had everything...) and a character development of Yurio and Otabek!!!

Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a current speaker.
Dec 23, 2016 7:20 AM

Mar 2015
I don't want a lot of things.

only a wedding..
Dec 23, 2016 7:38 AM

Aug 2016
I'd personally love it if the focus for season 2 shifted over to Yurio, and kept Viktor and Yuuri as side-characters (I think that in their case, an OVA would suffice).
Sure, there's the whole thing where people want Viktor and Yuuri to 'confirm' their relationship with another kiss or actual wedding, but, wow, isn't their relationship already clear? If this were a straight couple such confirmations wouldn't be needed to convince people lmao.

So, basically, I just want more attention to be paid to the side-characters. Yup.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 23, 2016 11:42 AM
Jun 2009
Zankyou-no-Clear said:
I'd personally love it if the focus for season 2 shifted over to Yurio, and kept Viktor and Yuuri as side-characters (I think that in their case, an OVA would suffice).
Sure, there's the whole thing where people want Viktor and Yuuri to 'confirm' their relationship with another kiss or actual wedding, but, wow, isn't their relationship already clear? If this were a straight couple such confirmations wouldn't be needed to convince people lmao.

So, basically, I just want more attention to be paid to the side-characters. Yup.

I could see a Season 2 where Yurio is facing the pressures of being a "skating prodigy" after breaking a record and winning the gold in his senior debut. The journey for him surely doesn't end here.

As for whether Victor and Yuuri's relationship is "already clear," I would hope that fans can eventually just learn to enjoy this series and respect differing perspectives. One thread in the forum has already been shut down because it became full of baiting from both sides of the debate and it ruined the series for a lot of people. Focusing more on other characters is probably the best thing that could happen for Season 2 if this is supposed to continue successfully as a show about ice skating.
Dec 23, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2011
I'm sure anything that Kubo comes up with will be great, I trust in her talent. Also, the idea of Victor returning isn't that bad and also I don't see it as a way of destroying his character development.

He said when he skated back then, he felt empty and wasn't really happy. But now he found love and learnt its meaning through Yuri. He is more than happy to return to ice with Yuri and knowing they are together, he can skate now with love, he is a new Victor, he grew as a person. The old empty Victor is gone, so we have a new one full of life, that in my eyes, is ready to surprise more people in new ways.

Also I think he initially didn't want to return, but since Yuri wanted to retire he took drastic measures to make him stay because he knew Yuri could give so much more through his skating and show it to the world he didn't want it to get wasted. That's why he told him he would make a comeback. And its kinda late for Victor to regret his decision to come back because he had already announced it, and he also has a lot of pride. I'm sure if Yuri didn't said anything about retiring, Victor would have no problem staying as his coach. He only considers this after he finds out Yuri wants to quit. His decision was desperate and impulsive in my point of view, he just didn't want to lose him. And I kinda get him actually, what else could be done to avoid Yuri's decision?

I don't see character regression. He found his life and love and didn't want to lose it. Victor loves skating, he just didn't enjoy it to the fullest in the past because he hadn't found love yet and was seen as the "perfect skater" and nothing else. But now he found it so he is fine either as a coach or a competitor, if it means staying with Yuri.

if you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences
for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them
to hurt you a second time in your mind.

- Shannon L. Alder

Dec 23, 2016 7:08 PM
Jan 2011
I would like to see Yuri win gold for once and then get married to Viktor. *cough* Might be dreaming. It would be nice if Viktor and Yuri can start ice skating as a pair in competitions?! Although that's dreaming too LOL.... Pretty sure pair skating require malexfemale T_T
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled

Jackson_rajkumar - Yesterday

22 by Powerchan »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Do you prefer Eros or Agape?

painiwakura - Feb 24

3 by ShinyChu »»
Mar 16, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

473 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 9, 8:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.