Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2016
Very good finale but just a bit sad about Yuri (JAP) loosing, ofcourse it looked pretty obvious that Yuri (RUS) was gonna win but still, wanted to see that gold.

A season 2 might not be bad but if it dosen't come i wont as mad as other series as this was very satisfying, the three of them skating together and Yuri showing how far he has come, both Yuris.

8/10, very good but i'm not in to this for the yaoi ships. I just enjoy sports animes and this was a very good one
Dec 21, 2016 2:00 PM

Nov 2014
That was strong.

I had no interest in figure skating before watching this show, and now I want to learn more about it. Sayo Yamamoto did a brilliant job. Yuuri and Yuri's performances at the end gave me chills.

Episode: 5/5
Overall: 8/10
Dec 21, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
Wohoo finally some other language besides Japanese and Minimal Russian with English. I already had thought that they all speak Japanese in this world.

For some reason I anticipated Yuri to be 3rd , but what surprised me is JJ , really Third ? From 6th , with not the best Free skate advancing into 3rd ?

Just me or Yuri's neck was stretched out at certain moment ?

So Viktor's coming back ? Uhh I'm worried , In my opinion it is better to step down as a hero than step down as a last place. I totally don't want that to happen to our Mr. Nikiforov. If there's another season I hope they don't break him.

But this Silver - Gold small margin is just a motivation to improve further and give a shot in the next year , but Plisetsky being 15 and already claiming first place in the world is insane achievment.

Sep 2016
otabek got robbed guys
he should've been the champion but even JJ cucked him LUL
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Nov 2007
well at least we didn't have them taking background female character and try them to do some hetero save with her and Yuuri or Viktor.........i am looking at you Hibike no Euphonium.
thanksfuck Kyoani didn't work on this even though the animation would have been much better then but i rather this....
Dec 21, 2016 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
The beginning part of this episode is something that I've wanted to happen for a very long time. I would have been fine if the ultimate result was that they went their separate ways, but it needed to addressed. I don't know how to feel about Yuri continuing to skate, it can't be good for his body but if it's what he wants then fair enough. The duet at the end was really beautiful, there's nothing more I could have asked for.
Dec 21, 2016 2:03 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Otabek did so good, yet his score's way too low. Even though I wanted Yurio to win it, I felt like Yuri's performance was a little better. At least JJ wasn't nerfed again, lol. Animation quality was pretty good for the finale... even if the first episode had better animations than this. The impact both Yuri and Yurio's performance had was really well donw. Also, the final free skate with Victor and Yuri was great.

Overall it was a great series. There's some inconsistent production values and some of the buildup doesn't pay off too much, but it handled its characters and their relationships well and overall it felt really enjoyable, especially with it's modern style. With Yuri not winning gold and him not quitting skating, the chances for a second season is high... especially since this series is predicted to sell 20k+ per volume on first week. "See you next level" must have some sort of importance.

8/10
GoldenDevilGamerDec 21, 2016 2:15 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2007
Just a thought but if Yuri moved to Russia to train under Victor, doesn't that mean they live together now? Like when Yurio moved in with Lilia to train?
One can only wish...
Dec 21, 2016 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
BEST SPORT ANIME EVER 10/10
ANYTHING FROM KUBO SENSEI WILL BE LOVED BY ME, I LOVE YOU. THANKS FOR CREATIMG THE ANIME.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 21, 2016 2:05 PM
Apr 2016
kono_baka said:

I absolutely agree with you. It doesn't have to be a marriage. And I'm feeling you are kinda angry at me... Don't be, I am not demanding for a marriage.

I'm not really angry. Definitely not at you.

I do get annoyed a bit by the people who go on about their marriage though... it's like "Can we have them be unambiguously a couple first, then worry about them getting married?"

I'm also a bit upset that we didn't get confirmation of their relationship this episode. Season 2 might, but I'm getting tired of "I'll wait and see if they do it next time". I am quite happy with season 1 as a whole, though.
IanamusDec 21, 2016 2:09 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:06 PM
Dec 2016
8/10
Show started out great, had good pacing and I really enjoyed the narrative.

Had enough momentum to keep going and have a somewhat strong finish.

If you're going to shove the main character's romance down our throats for the entire season, can we get some actual romance, and not this "Maybe yes maybe no" crap that Japan is so well known for.

Yurio is awful, unpopular opinion. He says terrible things and gets away with it because he's 15 evidently. He's shoved in as a "tsundere" whose whole point is to add angst to an otherwise very mature cast. Then they shoved the gold medal at him to make room for season 2, easy solution.

I did like Yuri's internal struggle with his skating, that did help to pull the series up, and I found him very relatable as someone who's struggled with anxiety before.
Dec 21, 2016 2:09 PM

Dec 2010
AinzOoal said:
8/10

If you're going to shove the main character's romance down our throats for the entire season, can we get some actual romance, and not this "Maybe yes maybe no" crap that Japan is so well known for.

Yurio is awful, unpopular opinion. He says terrible things and gets away with it because he's 15 evidently. He's shoved in as a "tsundere" whose whole point is to add angst to an otherwise very mature cast. Then they shoved the gold medal at him to make room for season 2, easy solution.

I did like Yuri's internal struggle with his skating, that did help to pull the series up, and I found him very relatable as someone who's struggled with anxiety before.
you said it all. yurio is a terrible character and he didn't deserve that gold.
Dec 21, 2016 2:10 PM
Aug 2016
Everyone's sad that Yuuri din't win gold but if he did then he'd retire and we wouldn't get a season 2!
TBH I'm quite glad the Yurio won the gold, i love him so much <3
Dec 21, 2016 2:10 PM

Sep 2016
at least this episode is way better than hibike finale, that was beyond bad.
pretty average show overall since i have 0 interest in gay stuff. could be better if it's focused on 100% competition and rivalry instead of excessive fujo pandering. the performances were good besides repetitive yuri on ice/agape(?) and that one overly flamboyant creep guy. shame that not only they robbed otabek's medal, they skip and cut his first time on-screen 2nd performance geez.

JJ theme was great, I learned how to play it on piano ASAP last week
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 21, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2015
AinzOoal said:
8/10

I totally agree. Especially the Yurio part. For more than half of the show he was played down as a side character with minimal screen time and now they make him the big star of the series finale? That's quite an asspull.
Dec 21, 2016 2:13 PM

Feb 2012
I was hoping they'd stay together but in partner skating and I fucking GOT WHAT I WANTED.

Congrats YoI you got bumped up to a 9 for me. I'm satisfied.

Don't give a shit about anyone else (except you Pichit. Love you and your innocent dreams.) Never cared about Yurio or his rudeness so the fact that he won gold, while expected, didn't give any satisfaction. I''m actually hoping he doesn't get much screen time next season, even though that's probably not going to be the case. There were issues here and there but I still enjoyed this series immensely, so it's definitely staying in my top. Here's hoping they increase the quality of the animation in the BR release.
VyudaliDec 21, 2016 2:36 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:15 PM
Jan 2011
It's just a fail.
I cannot say anything except that.
"They are just friends" after 12 series of evolving relationship. Such a shame. Such a typical failure.
Dec 21, 2016 2:15 PM
Dec 2016
GangsterCat said:
at least this episode is way better than hibike finale, that was beyond bad.
pretty average show overall since i have 0 interest in gay stuff. could be better if it's focused on 100% competition and rivalry instead of excessive fujo pandering. the performances were good besides repetitive yuri on ice/agape(?) and that one overly flamboyant creep guy. shame that not only they robbed otabek's medal, they skip and cut his first time on-screen 2nd performance geez.

JJ theme was great, I learned how to play it on piano ASAP last week

I'm with you on the rivalry thing. I honestly didn't feel any tension, despite it being "Competitive" ice skating. Not that I think everyone needs to hate each other, and can't be friends outside of it, but competitions in real life get very very heated, if they were so focused on accuracy, they would know that ice skaters are some of the most competitive sports figures out there. They take skating very seriously, and it shows.

chiral_entity said:
It's just a fail.
I cannot say anything except that.
"They are just friends" after 12 series of evolving relationship. Such a shame. Such a typical failure.

Welcome to sensationalizing, where, as long as you can get the hype high enough, it doesn't matter what you actually deliver.
If you've ever played No Man's Sky, you know what I'm talking about.
Dec 21, 2016 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
Saarunao said:
Well, so much for "making history". Not canon.

The history making is in the skate at the end, being the first male skating couple, I believe. A fitting way to end the show.

The fact that Victor and Yuri had their beds pushed together, the fact that they have god damn rings, and of course that kiss which only wasn't fully shown because they don't want to offend the Japanese viewers (annoying, I know) shows that the took a more subtle approach to show that they are on some level a romantic couple. I think that with the response of this season, they will be more bold with season 2 (unless Yurio gets in their way).

RGN said:
Remember that one South Park episode that referenced YOI?Well, it seems they were happy about it

`

OH MY GOD!!! I did not notice this. It's like, the best thing ever XD
Dec 21, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2013
I'm glad there's a possibility of a season 2.
I absolutely loved the episode, and I'm excited to get this on blu-ray whenever it comes out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2016 2:19 PM

May 2012
Orionite_ said:
Wohoo finally some other language besides Japanese and Minimal Russian with English. I already had thought that they all speak Japanese in this world.

No, it's much more likely that they are all speaking English except where they share a common language like Russian between Viktor and Yurio or Italian between "Mickey" and Sara. Yuuri and Phichit trained in Detroit and certainly had to be speaking English there. Otabek probably speaks some Russian; I don't know how common it is to learn English in Kazakhstan.
May 2015
I wasn't worried at all about VictUuri breaking up. There were so many moments which made me asdfghjkl. I love the way their relationship was done from begininning to the end (though I'm salty we didn't get an unobstructed kiss)

Victor Cried and ever more unbelievable Yurio cried! So proud

J.J. gets more backstory so i guess i can safely say he's grown on me and i don't hate him anymore.

Victor hugs Yurio. FUCKEN KILL ME NOW I WAS NOT PREPARED
Both yuris wreck Victor's record. Victor is proud and salty XD.

As i expected,Yurio won gold and Yuuri won silver. He didn't breakdown like he did last year though

And that final duet to Victor's song. I love how they incorporated Victor's outfit for yuri and how they attempted to put up a routine to entrance each other.
DEAR SAYO,WHAT GOOD DID SOME WEAB LIKE ME DO TO DESERVE THIS. THANK YOU

What do I do with my life now?I feel empty
ShanaStraussDec 21, 2016 2:26 PM

Jun 2011
I'm still a little salty that Yurio beat Yuri by only 0.12 points, but all if forgiven from that duet performance of Yuri and Victor. Ahahaha, even though it was to be expected for something as big as this getting a Season 2, I'm still very excited. :)

Nov 2013
Loved it, definitely the show I enjoyed the most this year, even if I don't consider it the best one.
JJ getting bronze after that mess-up was surprising, but I guess it's because of the high difficulty level of his routine, which Otabek's routine lacked.
Hoped Yuuri would win, but actually I like this ending more. Russian Yuri truly is a prodigy, likely will become better than Victor. Him and JJ will have a nice rivalry in the future.
That Victor and Yuuri duet at the end was beautiful.

Really want a season 2, I hope we'll get it.
Dec 21, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2015
Pair skate at the end was very beautiful and I did not think we would get that. Kudos to Yamamoto and Kubo-sensei.
I wish there would be a kiss though..... I suppose they will keep us in suspense for season 2. Gotta milk that cow dry...........
Dec 21, 2016 2:21 PM
Aug 2014
I am mad at the way this episode ended. I'm happy JJ recovered, but for me that was the only good part. Everything else just felt like a disappointment. Yurio getting gold? Really? The main romance still leaving *just* enough room for people to say it isn't canon? Come on, Kubo-sensei...It almost felt like a huge joke.
Dec 21, 2016 2:22 PM

Jul 2014
But can we talk about how our boy grew his hair out??

I never knew how much I needed this until now.
Dec 21, 2016 2:23 PM

Aug 2012
I´m so proud of Yurio ;u; Best fairy grew so much!

I´m glad Victor and Yuri will still be together in the next year~ Can´t wait for the second season!
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Dec 21, 2016 2:23 PM

Oct 2013
I UGLY CRIED THROUGH THE WHOLE EPISODE

I WANT SEASON 2 AND 3 AND 4 AND
Dec 21, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2014
Fuck yeah season 2 is probably guaranteed, plus the sales will be pretty good since this is a very popular show.
Great episode, I really enjoyed Yuri's performance and was kind of expecting that Yurio would win. It's great that Victor will start competing again. Also loved the duet in the end. I hope s2 has more focus on Victor/ Yuri's relationship plus some more amazing choreographies.
Also lmao @ people saying they want this to be less gay as if it is a bad element.
Dec 21, 2016 2:26 PM
Aug 2016
That's it? Like, no more?

That ending felt kind of incomplete to me ;_; I was so in love with their pair skating but it was so short...I honestly expected a bit more. Ah well...Hopefully some extra's on the DVD or something.

Also nice I wasn't the only one who noticed JJ dressed the same as Cartman xD
Yuuri's performance was amazing to watch, I think it was really beautifully done~
I don't know about Yurio winning though :/ It's a bit over the top for me. But gives a good point for going into a second season I guess.

Ah well, definitely going to give the entire series a rewatch to catch more things and see it more relaxed now I know how it ends (and of course, with that plot twist in mind from ep 10)
Dec 21, 2016 2:28 PM

Aug 2014
Shuhan said:
Season 2 with a little less gay would be nice.

u fucking wot m8??

Feb 2012
Luke72 said:
Saarunao said:
Well, so much for "making history". Not canon.

The history making is in the skate at the end, being the first male skating couple, I believe. A fitting way to end the show.

The fact that Victor and Yuri had their beds pushed together, the fact that they have god damn rings, and of course that kiss which only wasn't fully shown because they don't want to offend the Japanese viewers (annoying, I know) shows that the took a more subtle approach to show that they are on some level a romantic couple. I think that with the response of this season, they will be more bold with season 2 (unless Yurio gets in their way).

RGN said:
Remember that one South Park episode that referenced YOI?Well, it seems they were happy about it

`

OH MY GOD!!! I did not notice this. It's like, the best thing ever XD
Thank you I was getting worried that no one had pointed this out anywhere else. Lost my shit when I saw that lol.
Dec 2016
I'm little bit confused... so will Viktor make a comeback then at the same time be Yuuri's coach?

Dec 2012
Mh yeah, Yurio irritated me until the very end.. I just couldn't symphatize with this annoying kid throughout the entire show nor I couldn't see the appeal everyone could see in him. I wanted extremely bad for Yuuri to win gold- heck,even Otabek deserved that gold instead of annoying cat boy.
Sigh, I can't believe there are still people who are in denial with Yuuri and Victor's relationship. So unless we can't see them making out or declaring their love in a totally cheesy and open way it's impossible to accept the fact that they are in a relationship,huh. 2017 is coming,that's very sad.

AinzOoal said:
8/10

I couldn't agree more with this entire post,especially the Yurio part. It's indeed an unpopular opinion unfortunately.
Dec 21, 2016 2:29 PM

Nov 2008
Alright finale. And it turned out to just be fujobait after all. Eh.
Dec 21, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
Urgh I knew having a second season was bad news :( I would actually have preferred a more conclusive "1st season" with Yuri winning gold and just retiring together with Victor. Victor doesn't even seem all that happy to return to competitive skating. And the previous episode made it seem like he was pretty satisfied with this current life too imo.
And I'm actually also mad that Yurio managed to win gold urgh... after reading so many meta that it wouldn't make sense narratively for him to win... it's killing me. Hopefully next season he won't be as rude and violent ><

Then again the duet at this end was perfect... I would have rioted if it turned out it wasn't a duet.

Urgh I can't get over this. I'm not satisfied. I'll just go and re-watch ep 10.
Season 2 better be announced soon. Kubo said she was planning one some weeks ago so I guess it won't be anytime soon :(
Dec 21, 2016 2:33 PM
Aug 2016
AppleSenpai said:
The main romance still leaving *just* enough room for people to say it isn't canon? Come on, Kubo-sensei...It almost felt like a huge joke.

Agree! It makes me sad that I actually expected something more undeniable.

ShanaStrauss said:
I wasn't worried at all about VictUuri breaking up. There were so many moments which made me asdfghjkl. I love the way their relationship was done from begininning to the end (though I'm salty we didn't get an unobstructed kiss)

You and me both, ffff
Dec 21, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2016
i feel dead inside and dont know what to do with my life anymore.
someone bury me in a yuri on ice themed coffin.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Dec 21, 2016 2:35 PM
Dec 2016
can someone enlighten me if Viktor will make a comeback and be Yuuri's coach at the same time????
Dec 21, 2016 2:36 PM
Feb 2015
Yurio winning the gold medal rubs me the wrong way, but whatever I guess.

The ice skating at the end tho
obsucuriaDec 21, 2016 2:42 PM
Dec 21, 2016 2:36 PM
Dec 2016
AkiKitazawa said:
AppleSenpai said:
The main romance still leaving *just* enough room for people to say it isn't canon? Come on, Kubo-sensei...It almost felt like a huge joke.

Agree! It makes me sad that I actually expected something more undeniable.

ShanaStrauss said:

You and me both, ffff

can someone enlighten me if Viktor will make a comeback then be Yuuri's coach at the same time? is it even possible?
Dec 21, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2011
Damn that last skating with Yuri and Viktor was so beautiful
Yurio and Oktabek's were amazing too
I just wish it had a 13th ep cause this one really felt fast paced
Anyway it was lovely, hoping for a second season with more gayness
Baby, daijobanai...
Dec 21, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2010
Everything about this was good...except for the romance that is, doesn't even matter if gay or not it's just not really all that well written when you really think about, the sudden marriage ruined that aspect of the show for me... so now it feels like nothing but bait. With that said the ice skating is beautiful as always and shined even more in the finale but eh, the romance just didn't live up to that at all.
Dec 2014
sophieonice said:
Helenus said:

There is no graduality in being canon. Something is canon. Something is not canon. Tertium non datur.

Yes, I would like to live the dream, too. But I just don't see it, sorry.

What are you talking about? Did you even see the episode? Wasn't the ending evidence enough? Do you really think they would dance together to a love song if they weren't in love? I don't get it anymore. Are people like you blind or do you simply want to make other people angry? It was already canon the moment Viktor kissed Yuuri in episode 7. Why would they need to tell us that they're in love, when you can easily read it in their actions.

Like... I agree and disagree. I think it's obvious that they're in love. But the fact that the creators still didn't dtr really bugs me. It's a bit like Korrasami where I love the relationship but feel to be truly "progressive" it should have been more explicit in-show.

We've had implied gay relationships in non-ecchi anime for decades. It's about time they made them explicit.
Aug 2016
nekoouji said:
can someone enlighten me if Viktor will make a comeback then be Yuuri's coach at the same time? is it even possible?

Uuh, yeah that's what I understood from it as well. Don't know how possible it is though.

But hey, why not? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ It's Victor we're talking about
Dec 21, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2014
I'm upset!!! I don't feel satisfied with Yurio winning, it would have been MUCH better if Otabek won :/ But still thank god Yuri didn't win cuz then there wouldn't really be a reason for a second season xD

OHHH THAT ENDING THO!!! MMMMMHHHHH LOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE ♥
Dec 21, 2016 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
Please give me mooooorrreeeee (T_T)
Dec 21, 2016 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
The most character development that i have seen this year goes to Yuri.
Man, this precious Katsudon deserves everything♡
I really wanted Yuri to win the gold medal but when Yurio won it i was like "YAAAASSSS" XD
Yurio really deserved it too♡
Anyway thanks to Yurio we get another season NITO TOTO TO~♡♡♡
That pairskating was so beautiful!!! I'm cryin♡♡♡
WOOHOO IT LOOKS LIKE WE WILL GET TO SEE YURI, VICTOR AND YURIO TRAINING TOGETHER IN RUSSIA♡♡♡YURI ON ICE FOR LIFE♡♡♡
Dec 21, 2016 2:42 PM
Dec 2015
I didn't really care much for sports anime but after watching this show I might have to reconsider. Seeing Yuuri grow as a character and gain confidence really made me cheer for him. Silver felt slightly anti-climactic but it's understandable, as Yurio's final performance was pretty much flawless. Now I just need to figure out what to do as I'm waiting for the second season.

...however, what I'm most curious about is what will happen to Yuuri's and Victor's relationship. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Japan's laws concerning censorship, but it seems quite clear that they have to keep the romance low-key. Is there any chance we will ever see them directly declare their love to one another? I mean, it's not like there hasn't been any anime before where two guys expressed their love un-censored, so I'm a bit confused. I can think of a few shows that aren't labeled shounen-ai/yaoi that have contained a kiss between dudes as well. If anyone can explain this I'd be very grateful ^_^
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
8 hours ago

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.