Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 12 Discussion


Dec 21, 2016 2:49 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 39
I can't believe that they lost like wtf. I didn't think this would have a sad ending after all that has happened
 
Dec 21, 2016 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 28
I'm not exactly sure how i'm feeling about this episode. Of course it's sad that they only got bronze but on the other hand it is kinda realistic. This schools band just got back on its feet as a proper band this year. I remember there was a picture which they got Bronze in the club room but that wasn't even nationals. Plus all the problems/drama happened across both seasons, them getting bronze makes sense. I'm especially very sad for last years though since it was their final chance.

I also understand why there was no performance this time. They perform same pieces after all. BUT at the same time it would be befitting for this anime and kyoani to show its greatness in the finale. I can't help but wonder if it would be better if they didn't show the performance scene in episode 5 and saved it for this episode. Or maybe they could show the first required piece "Provence no Kaze" in one episode and the other "Cresent Moon Dance" in another or something like that...

Asuka reached her father, Kumiko and her sister got a wonderful scene, everyone is happy. Now if only they would win gold and Kumiko x Reina would happen... something perfect like that couldn't exist i guess. I knew it wouldn't happen but i will ship them nonetheless.
 
Dec 21, 2016 3:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 741
shanimebib said:

Actually, see you in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon discussions. Because I think you'll like it.


No, Im not interested in some comedic yuri that will surely be ruined by kyoani. I'll be at Kuzu no Honkai's discussions and I know I'll see you there lol
 
Dec 21, 2016 3:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 810
Ouch, Bronze. I guess with the increased competition the judges scoring would be a bit harder. But damn Bronze. That's probably like bottom of the barrel score. It's like they pulled the Cinderella story that struck midnight.
 
Dec 21, 2016 4:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2049
shanimebib said:
Reina actually confessed! And in public too! And everyone realized that Reina likes Taki-sensei but for him!
Twice too! Thick-skulled men lol.

I was expecting a performance, and left hanging at the eyecatch (i'm sure we all were), but there was other necessary stuff to cover this episode.

SchwingBoner said:
My ship has sailed. Yurifags on suicide watch.
Anyone who knows anything about the series knows that the yuri was a misdirect (and knew it since before S2 started with that hardcore shipping first episode), unfortunately.

Matetrix said:
You yuri shippers are cancer, it was never a thing and was never gonna be a thing.
You people really do like to get your knickers in a twist, don't you? If Shuuichi didn't exist, it WOULD have been yuri; most of the facts supported it and lead up to it, in a very well structured manner too.

Gurush said:
Now if only they would win gold and Kumiko x Reina would happen... something perfect like that couldn't exist i guess. I knew it wouldn't happen but i will ship them nonetheless.
Haha, right? They did it so good too, and it would have shook the foundations by delivering it surprise into a hugely popular series.

Cirris said:
Ouch, Bronze. I guess with the increased competition the judges scoring would be a bit harder. But damn Bronze. That's probably like bottom of the barrel score.
Bronze is 3rd.
Modified by GenesisAria, Dec 21, 2016 5:03 PM

❀桜舞う空~      PM me with your scientific questions and ideas.        my Last.FM
 
Dec 21, 2016 5:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 472
-Hibiyufo's glorious return to musical nostalgia with the lacquer cloth and lacquer polish at the beginning
-Was Kumiko wearing that flower pin in the scene at the beginning of the first episode?
-Strangely enough, this competition doesn't have the atmosphere of stress behind it that the other ones did
-Mizore appearing out of nowhere, giving a fist bump to Kumiko, and immediately walking away was pretty adorable
-The awards ceremony's still pretty nerve-wracking despite the light atmosphere
-Damn, Reina
-No one knows, except for everyone sitting around them
-I was expecting a silver at worst, but it seems Hashimoto's still pretty stoked.
-Small victories
-Haruka crying as she finished her parting speech was pretty adorable as well
-Seems like the setup to Hibiyufo 3 there, or at least an ending in which the Kitauji band just continues working towards net year's nationals

This episode wrapped up the main overarching plotline of nationals, as well as the family drama within the competition euphoniums. Some notable things that happened within the episode itself were the lack of stress in the moments leading up to the Kitauji band's performance at nationals. Looking on it retrospectively, this probably was a sign that the result of the judging would be different from the other times that they've performed for a ranking. The focus on this episode definitely wasn't on the competition performance itself, but how the characters handled the results. I enjoyed the first season a bunch because of the accurate musicianship that it had, but that was definitely subdued in the second season in favor of a focus on characters. Pretty much the only new character arc I was invested in was Asuka's, although Mamiko had a pretty great scene in episode 10 and Mizore was usually adorable after her arc. The characters overall were still pretty consistently some of the better ones I've seen, although a bunch of the characters introduced in the first season got demoted to supporting characters in this one.

Pretty much all of the season 2 episodes at least felt like they had a purpose, unlike episode 7 in the first season. I only rated one of the season 2 episodes as below a 3/5, and that was episode 11 because I wasn't too invested in the Reina/Taki drama. I happened to like season 1's high points better than season 2's high points, though. Basically, season 2 and season 1 were actually pretty comparable in quality. The last episode's probably not gonna change my current opinion of season 2 too much.

Episode itself tied up the lingering plot lines quite nicely.

GenesisAria said:
Cirris said:
Ouch, Bronze. I guess with the increased competition the judges scoring would be a bit harder. But damn Bronze. That's probably like bottom of the barrel score.
Bronze is 3rd.


Each and every performing band is given a gold/silver/bronze rating depending on how well they played, which means bronze is actually the lowest award they could have gotten. The performances of one school are not compared to the other schools and ranked, which means there can be multiples of each level of award.
Modified by ThreePercent, Dec 21, 2016 5:17 PM
 
Dec 21, 2016 5:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 2
This episode was magnificent, in its two seasons this must be one of the best episodes.
 
Dec 21, 2016 5:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 2049
ThreePercent said:
GenesisAria said:
Bronze is 3rd.
Each and every performing band is given a gold/silver/bronze rating depending on how well they played, which means bronze is actually the lowest award they could have gotten. The performances of one school are not compared to the other schools and ranked, which means there can be multiples of each level of award.
Ohh!
Well i guess i learn something new (i'm sure i would have picked up on that had i payed attention). That's better than strict competition for top. Is there a way to get no awards?
Modified by GenesisAria, Dec 21, 2016 5:22 PM

❀桜舞う空~      PM me with your scientific questions and ideas.        my Last.FM
 
Dec 21, 2016 6:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 63
They could have at least given them silver when every school gets an award for participating and you get bronze that basically means you sucked.
 
Dec 21, 2016 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4224
damn Reina slaying me confessed twice! shes got guts ,really sucks that they only got bronze with the fact that they skipped it to save time i knew it wouldn't have turned out to good sad this is the end for the 3rd years couldn't help but have a big smile on my face when Asuka heard she got praised.



for ages now i been trying to wrap my head behind how this Shuuichi thing is going to work besides a few acts of kindness hes barely around so whatever it is it must be big and happen later on, and i can't tell if the love or hate is bigger for the guy
 
Dec 21, 2016 6:19 PM
Oh! My Waffles

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3913
Karmafan56 said:
They could have at least given them silver when every school gets an award for participating and you get bronze that basically means you sucked.
Ummm...you sucked among the best in the nation. That's not a bad way to go.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

 
Dec 21, 2016 6:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 911
But there is still one episode left, or am I missing something?

This episode tied everything up nicely but it all felt a bit underwhelming tbh.
 
Dec 21, 2016 6:33 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 362
Here we go again with Kyoani tease with Shuichi and Kumiko scene.

Well thanks, Kyoani it was a great episode.
 
Dec 21, 2016 6:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 132
Sorry I doubted you Kyoani, that was a great episode after a previous underwhelming one. I should learn not jumping into conclusions.

My favorite moments:
-Holy shit Reina is a badass. Having guts to confess in front of everyone, let alone in a concert hall in front of strangers and then a second time for real. That totally changed my impression of her: she's still good old Reina after all. Still got politely rejected as expected.
-Buchou is the cutest and is best girl.
-Mizore's fist bump was adorable.
-Asuka's opening up more to other people. Her hugging Kumiko after hearing about her dad was a great scene. Honestly I'm shipping them even though it's never going to sail.
-Kumiko x Mamiko confirmed! Just kidding. Still, it was a such a sweet scene.
All girls are best girls.
 
Dec 21, 2016 6:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1544
Erika___ said:
shanimebib said:

Actually, see you in Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon discussions. Because I think you'll like it.


No, Im not interested in some comedic yuri that will surely be ruined by kyoani. I'll be at Kuzu no Honkai's discussions and I know I'll see you there lol

But... but that manga's trash. The lead characters are the worst people I've ever seen and there's no empathy involved at all.

Why do people like stuff like that? At least Kobayashi is funny.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 172
Asuka of all people complaining about getting bronze made me laugh. She was responsible for almost all the drama this season! The oboe girl situation would have been solved right away if it wasn't for her and she missed like a month of practice.

Asuka is truly the worst girl.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1544
katsu044 said:
damn Reina slaying me confessed twice! shes got guts ,really sucks that they only got bronze with the fact that they skipped it to save time i knew it wouldn't have turned out to good sad this is the end for the 3rd years couldn't help but have a big smile on my face when Asuka heard she got praised.



for ages now i been trying to wrap my head behind how this Shuuichi thing is going to work besides a few acts of kindness hes barely around so whatever it is it must be big and happen later on, and i can't tell if the love or hate is bigger for the guy


Well I mean... her romantic life wasn't the biggest deal. Think about Taki Sensei and how much focus it got with Reina. If you really think about it, it got very few. That's because Reina was busy being developed with her musical talent and personality. Their romantic lives aren't the focus or the most important part of their lives. It's a part of it.

Same with Kumiko and Shuuichi. The whole romance there isn't really contrived imo. They showed that Kumiko isn't honest about herself and how she feels when it came to Asuka's situation and her sister's situation. They hinted at her own dishonesty with her feelings when it came to Hadzuki's confession and now we're at the end and she's being more honest with herself thanks to Reina's influence.

It's like... a culmination of her experiences led to that moment, while it still not being the main focus of the show. It's pretty smart if you ask me.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 797
Welp, I guess that's that. Glad they didn't win gold, that wouldn't have seemed very appropriate, but I wasn't expecting it to happen either. There's sort of a parallel thing KyoAni has going on here; Kitauji wins Bronze instead of Gold, Kumiko and Reina end up being paired with some characters that don't make any sense rather than each other, it all just kind of fits in a perfect, incomplete, horrific kind of way you know? No sarcasm there at all, not even a little! ^_^

Not terribly interested in the last episode at this point, but I may as well see it through. Was hoping for more training/music this season if not romance, rather than all the drama and building upon some relationships I cared more or less for.

Anyway, this comment makes it seem like I hated the show, but that couldn't be further from the truth; not as strong a Season 1, but still a pretty good season overall!
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 741
TitanAnteus said:
Erika___ said:


No, Im not interested in some comedic yuri that will surely be ruined by kyoani. I'll be at Kuzu no Honkai's discussions and I know I'll see you there lol

But... but that manga's trash. The lead characters are the worst people I've ever seen and there's no empathy involved at all.

Why do people like stuff like that? At least Kobayashi is funny.


I am following Reina's golden voice. Wherever she goes, that's where I'll be lol. And while you think it's trash, it has everything I want. Better watch serious anime like Kuzu no Honkai instead of a comedy yuri that wont go anywhere.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:49 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4278
Had a feeling they wouldn't won when they didn't show the performance.
Too many objective vs subjective debate in AD.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

Citation/Reference:http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 1544
Erika___ said:
TitanAnteus said:

But... but that manga's trash. The lead characters are the worst people I've ever seen and there's no empathy involved at all.

Why do people like stuff like that? At least Kobayashi is funny.


I am following Reina's golden voice. Wherever she goes, that's where I'll be lol. And while you think it's trash, it has everything I want. Better watch serious anime like Kuzu no Honkai instead of a comedy yuri that wont go anywhere.


Do... do you not like Comedy? Do you not like Criminale, Ojojojo, or Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed to? You're missing out on some really fun experiences if you are.

Serious romances are meh. Romance as a side plot is much better than romance as a main plot more than 90% of the time for me. Kuzu no honkai to me is terrible because the characters are alien to me. Their reason for being the way they are are so inhuman it makes any sense of drama or tension completely null.

I mean... I don't know. I enjoyed watching plastic memories than reading Kuzu no Honkai. I'd be careful if I were you. Taper your expectations. Well it doesn't matter in the end as long as you have fun :)
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 772
I thought it was great that they didn't win. Since the novel is almost wrapped up I suppose S3 is a wash, but maybe the author can work on a sequel. I'm interested in seeing where the club goes from here.

For the third years it was bitter. They did make it to the nationals, but get a participation award.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 495
Shuhan said:

Yurifags can gtfo now.


you know, there is no need to insult like that, unless you are talking about the butthurts lol

-----------------------------

btw, there was LOT of stuff going on... there could be better impact if there was a performance... but okay... lets just said that there was a TOTAL lack with the performance and the result in the Nationals... i don't know it feel really rushed...

about Tsukamoto and Kumiko moment, no matter how i look at it, that relationship is forced AF, doesn't even feel real imo, i mean i'm okay with them dating, but at least make it look... real?

that aside, i Screamed like a Fangirl at that Reina's Proposal to Taki-sensei lmao
People die If they are killed
 
Dec 21, 2016 8:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 741
TitanAnteus said:
Erika___ said:


I am following Reina's golden voice. Wherever she goes, that's where I'll be lol. And while you think it's trash, it has everything I want. Better watch serious anime like Kuzu no Honkai instead of a comedy yuri that wont go anywhere.


Do... do you not like Comedy? Do you not like Criminale, Ojojojo, or Kaguya Wants to Be Confessed to? You're missing out on some really fun experiences if you are.

Serious romances are meh. Romance as a side plot is much better than romance as a main plot more than 90% of the time for me. Kuzu no honkai to me is terrible because the characters are alien to me. Their reason for being the way they are are so inhuman it makes any sense of drama or tension completely null.

I mean... I don't know. I enjoyed watching plastic memories than reading Kuzu no Honkai. I'd be careful if I were you. Taper your expectations. Well it doesn't matter in the end as long as you have fun :)


I like comedy but I have had enough with yuruyuri. And the yuri in Dragon isnt really what a yurifan would want. In kuzu no Honkai, at least Ecchan scored. And no need to warn me, I survived Hibike Euphonium you know. I'm just looking forward to all the shitposting in Kuzu no Honkai discussions. Maybe I'll see you there too xD
 
Dec 21, 2016 8:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22
good episode overall! but i'm a bit disappointed for not seeing their performance....that confession tho, was awesome!! BUT my ship was still Kumiko x Reina!!!just..no, NO kumiko x shuuichi!!!!!! we didn't even see their relationship development throughout two seasons! I know my ship can't be canon but can't kyoani just end this season with them being (more than) best friends!? don't just force the heterosexual pairings on us to prevent the yuri from happening!!!
 
Dec 21, 2016 8:42 PM

Online
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 3898
LukesYGOonYT said:
Give it up already Shuichi, Kumiko is not interested in a relationship.

I wanted to see Taki sensei wear that white suit again.

Wow that must have been some serious competition they were up against to only get a Bronze.

Those were a couple of great touching moments there for Asuka & Kumiko.

3rd season?


>give it up

Lol just wait for final ep

A certain relationship will be concluded(for more salt ofc) and no since the source material is over no chance for that. Maybe some OVA for vol 4 but I think they will get to adapt some of it in last ep.
 
Dec 21, 2016 8:57 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 48
I watched the first season but didn't watch the second season because I read that
. I wouldn't mind if they ended up with each other if they had any chemistry in the first season. Kumiko honestly looked like she was annoyed by him every time they talked and I only watched this in the first place for the romance(bad idea). I don't like unconvincing relationships.
Modified by IIm_Clutch, Dec 22, 2016 5:54 PM
 
Dec 21, 2016 10:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 4350
Not really in the mood to write a paragraph/so about my feelings for this episode (>4/5ths of it is positive, anyways) so I'll just say this: the ending scene with Kumiko and her sister made me cry.
 
Dec 21, 2016 10:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 10660
Wonder what's going to be in the last episode now. Alright, disappointing no performance shown.
 
Dec 21, 2016 10:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 121
I love seeing yurifags comment when the ship crash lol

Just need kyoani to deliver the final blow on next week episode
 
Dec 21, 2016 10:43 PM
La Completionist

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4247
I choked when Reina confessed, did not expect that. And twice!

Though the part that made me teary was the scene between Kumiko and her sis. :)
 
Dec 21, 2016 11:09 PM
💥Panzer Vor!💥

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 33
That Renia confession.

Really liked the special message for the euphonium players.

Episode went by way too quick for me, every minute was so well used.
 
Dec 21, 2016 11:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4649
TitanAnteus said:
Erika___ said:


No, Im not interested in some comedic yuri that will surely be ruined by kyoani. I'll be at Kuzu no Honkai's discussions and I know I'll see you there lol

But... but that manga's trash. The lead characters are the worst people I've ever seen and there's no empathy involved at all.

Why do people like stuff like that? At least Kobayashi is funny.


I know what you mean. I don't like a single character in that manga but it was kinda my guilty pleasure to be honest. I have put the manga on hold around chapter 34 or 35 I think. It became too much for me to take.

redtailrav said:
I thought it was great that they didn't win. Since the novel is almost wrapped up I suppose S3 is a wash, but maybe the author can work on a sequel. I'm interested in seeing where the club goes from here.

For the third years it was bitter. They did make it to the nationals, but get a participation award.


Takeda confirmed that there will be nothing beyond the anecdote volume (vol. 4) of the Hibike! Euphonium novel. And it seems she liked writing Azusa's story the most which got similar reception as the original story. Although it only has 2 volumes out, there is a chance that she will write a third volume. Isn't it fun to know that a side character of Hibike! Euphonium is the main character of her latest novel? :)

Edit: Takeda also confirmed that her newest novel will be a mystery novel. Gotta give it to her! She already has a romance novel (Today, we breathed together), two adolescence novels (Sound! Euphonium and The Marching Band of Rikka High School) and now she's writing a mystery novel.
Modified by shanimebib, Dec 21, 2016 11:25 PM

 
Dec 22, 2016 12:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4224
TitanAnteus said:
katsu044 said:
damn Reina slaying me confessed twice! shes got guts ,really sucks that they only got bronze with the fact that they skipped it to save time i knew it wouldn't have turned out to good sad this is the end for the 3rd years couldn't help but have a big smile on my face when Asuka heard she got praised.



for ages now i been trying to wrap my head behind how this Shuuichi thing is going to work besides a few acts of kindness hes barely around so whatever it is it must be big and happen later on, and i can't tell if the love or hate is bigger for the guy


Well I mean... her romantic life wasn't the biggest deal. Think about Taki Sensei and how much focus it got with Reina. If you really think about it, it got very few. That's because Reina was busy being developed with her musical talent and personality. Their romantic lives aren't the focus or the most important part of their lives. It's a part of it.

Same with Kumiko and Shuuichi. The whole romance there isn't really contrived imo. They showed that Kumiko isn't honest about herself and how she feels when it came to Asuka's situation and her sister's situation. They hinted at her own dishonesty with her feelings when it came to Hadzuki's confession and now we're at the end and she's being more honest with herself thanks to Reina's influence.

It's like... a culmination of her experiences led to that moment, while it still not being the main focus of the show. It's pretty smart if you ask me.
true that makes the hyperbole surrounding all the romance even dumber to point i that makes me wonder if the people wanting Kumiko and Shuuichi actually want it or just want to see "yurifags" salty.
 
Dec 22, 2016 12:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 646
Great episode! Kumiko and Mamiko's scene made me tear up. So beautiful. I love their sisterly love.

Ah, waiting for my ship to finally happen. I love Shuichi a lot and can't wait for him to finally get what he wants. I said it before and I'll say it again - I'm glad that he didn't accept Hazuki's feelings. I was actually kind of worried that he will especially if he lost all hope and confidence in winning Kumiko's love.

I like Taki-sensei but I never shipped him with Reina. I actually don't ship Reina with anyone.

Waiting for the last episode. I'm so happy that the novels finally got licensed in the U.S. so I can finally read them.
Modified by HatsumiShinogu, Dec 22, 2016 12:19 AM
 
Dec 22, 2016 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4649
katsu044 said:
true that makes the hyperbole surrounding all the romance even dumber to point i that makes me wonder if the people wanting Kumiko and Shuuichi actually want it or just want to see "yurifags" salty.


There are two types of fans out there. Those who actually watch the anime for what it is and then there are those who were in a constant shipping war. The latter are more vocal so it may seem they are the majority but they are not. They are the minority.

I can at least guarantee that Japan took the outcome of the episode being open-minded. The proof is there in the tweets, YT channel and in anikore (Japanese ones, not the English ones). It's a small group of yuri-fans and yuri-haters that are making all the fuss because they had been in a shipping war for more than a year now.

The main focus of the anime was about adolescence, human relations, family-ties, friendship, coming of age and NOT romance after all. Kumiko ending up with anyone is just a partial representation of adolescence and coming of age.

 
Dec 22, 2016 2:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 446
Erika___ said:
In kuzu no Honkai, at least ...



Please use spoiler buttons

Thanks no thanks.


And I'm really sorry to read you reduce Hibike! to the yuri issue. This show is so much bigger than that.
 
Dec 22, 2016 2:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 19996
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!

Wow....where to begin!

Anti-climactic as fuck!

Some loser ass-face ruining our glorious yuri ship and Reina is still delusional!!

I'm not sure how more fucked up that could've been.
 
Dec 22, 2016 2:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 19996
Matetrix said:
You yuri shippers are cancer, it was never a thing and was never gonna be a thing.

You know....with all the baiting they did it actually makes MORE sense than what's-his-face X Kumiko....

For fucks sake that motherfucker rarely even got any screen time!

And Reina is simply delusional over Taki...
 
Dec 22, 2016 2:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 526
Really great episode. The fist bumping, the confession, the message from Asuka's dad, and the sister scene were all so moving. I do feel a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see the whole song but managing to fit in all the scenes were more impactful.

It did seem like the hairpin had some significance but it was kinda not developed? Anyone can elaborate? Something from the source novel?
 
Dec 22, 2016 2:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 486
the ship is sinking welp glad that her sister watch kumiko plays and eventhough they got bronze .. taki sensei is very proud of them and way to go reina
 
Dec 22, 2016 2:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4649
yngtadpole said:
It did seem like the hairpin had some significance but it was kinda not developed? Anyone can elaborate? Something from the source novel?




Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Erika___ said:
In kuzu no Honkai, at least ...

And I'm really sorry to read you reduce Hibike! to the yuri issue. This show is so much bigger than that.


For me, while I absolutely adore all the characters in Hibike! Euphonium, I absolutely abhor most of the characters in Kuzu no Honkai (except for probably Moka).

 
Dec 22, 2016 3:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 280
Man everytime reina confessed I had to pause the video for the balls she had to confess. And that fist bump lmao. Cute moments throughout, third years rip, cute sister bonding, bye yuri ship
 
Dec 22, 2016 3:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 446
shanimebib said:
yngtadpole said:
It did seem like the hairpin had some significance but it was kinda not developed? Anyone can elaborate? Something from the source novel?




Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

And I'm really sorry to read you reduce Hibike! to the yuri issue. This show is so much bigger than that.


For me, while I absolutely adore all the characters in Hibike! Euphonium, I absolutely abhor most of the characters in Kuzu no Honkai (except for probably Moka).


I don't know the source material, when I read some comments,
The thing is now I already know the theme, so no surprise anymore for me, I just wish I won't get details spoiled.


By the way, about this episode, I wanted to thank you because now I understand even better why you pointed out Shuuichi speaking with Mamiko when Kumiko was sick. In the end, if one looks at the reconciliation between the sisters as being the main event for Kumiko in this episode, the true Hero, the one who is at the origin of it, it's Shuuichi, and his smile toward the end when she started running after her big sister perfectly embodied this feeling of happiness for someone else. It's just sad that Kumiko doesn't know yet he is that guy. He should take responsibility for this :)
Modified by Ysad_Ziwezhan, Dec 22, 2016 4:22 AM
 
Dec 22, 2016 4:57 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
At the prize announcement cut-scene I was like "BRONZE"
and in the end it was revealed that they actually got bronze xD

you know, in most of the cliche animes they would always get gold and everything went smooth and perfect (thereby killing the surprise element)

I love this show

p.s. nah you guys know kumikoxreina will be forever in cannon right?
Modified by HongKongPeople, Dec 22, 2016 5:03 AM
 
Dec 22, 2016 5:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 19
This episode is all about confession! xD
 
Dec 22, 2016 6:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 911
@shanimebib

Where do you get your inside info?

I also wanna know what kyoani and their partners are up to!

But most of all I wanna hear some more about their Violet Evergarden project, it's time now that they've finished Hibike conclusively.
 
Dec 22, 2016 7:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 10576
Those of you wishing they got better than a bronze should read this posting at AnimeSuki to see why that is the most realistic outcome: https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=6000634#post6000634
 
Dec 22, 2016 8:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 741
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Erika___ said:
In kuzu no Honkai, at least ...



Please use spoiler buttons

Thanks no thanks.


And I'm really sorry to read you reduce Hibike! to the yuri issue. This show is so much bigger than that.


It's not just about yuri though. I liked the oboe autist arc at the beginning but the conclusion was so stupid, and then the asuka arc bores me to death (even though shes my second best girl) and lastly, I watched hibike for Reina and Season 2 pretty much ruined her character. You enjoyed it but I have every reason to dislike it.

And sorry for that kuzu no honkai spoiler.
Modified by Erika___, Dec 22, 2016 9:20 AM
 
Dec 22, 2016 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 741
JustALEX said:
WORST EPISODE EVER!!!!

Wow....where to begin!

Anti-climactic as fuck!

Some loser ass-face ruining our glorious yuri ship and Reina is still delusional!!

I'm not sure how more fucked up that could've been.


I couldn't agree more. Just what the hell happened to Reina. She was the reason I watched this anime but I've also come to hate it because of her.
 
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »