Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Post New Reply
Poll: Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Dec 27, 2016 8:25 AM

Honestly even if it is yuribait it has always made more sense and had more in-depth thought to it than these crappy sloppily-revealed "ships" that are sailing. Reina is now reduced to a blubbering idiot and Shuichi finally gets to have more than one line but even then it's all questions and awkward pauses. If you ask me, the ReinaxKumiko thing will ALWAYS have better detail and rationality than whatever other pairing ends up happening in the show.

Dec 27, 2016 11:55 AM

GangsterCat said:
alpha_shadow said:
Did they seriously skip over the performance, wtf was that, I mainly watch this show for the music and this was very disappointing. Overall this season has been worse than season 1, in terms of animation, pacing, character interactions.
yea i also watch this coz of music
this season so far has 1 music episode and 11 family and relationship melodrama that has nothing to do with music episode

Hibikie Euphonium was never about music, it's about drama and character development.
Seriously, I thought people would have already realized this at this point.

Also, showing the last performance would only make sense if they won gold... but they didn't. So no, no point in showing it.

Dec 27, 2016 11:58 AM

Mike_McFly said:
GangsterCat said:
yea i also watch this coz of music
this season so far has 1 music episode and 11 family and relationship melodrama that has nothing to do with music episode

Hibikie Euphonium was never about music, it's about drama and character development.
Seriously, I thought people would have already realized this at this point.

Also, showing the last performance would only make sense if they won gold... but they didn't. So no, no point in showing it.
never about music hehehe ahhahaha
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)

Dec 27, 2016 1:28 PM

I'm glad that the writer of the series left a bunch of room for more novels. Hopefully we'll see more. A lot of the scenes were quite beautiful. One thing that they could have improved upon is the Kumiko x Shuuichi pairing. It slightly forced, but second thought, I remember that there was quite a bit of development last season. Ah Idk; in this season, the only real significant scene of Kumiko x Shuuichi before the whole hairpin scene was the haunted house scene. I wish they made it a little more convincing that Kumiko had some interest in Shuuichi. Other than that, aforesaid, wowee. A lot of touching scenes.

Dec 27, 2016 5:42 PM

Aww, they lost. It was still kinda a bittersweet episode nonetheless. Hoping for a great finale~
- - ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ - -
Hana - SubaHibi OP

Dec 27, 2016 7:08 PM
Kitoge said:
Lol why is Kumiko so mean to Shuuichi. She shrugged him off so so so hard this episode. Damn what a vicious savage. Reina may have found more about Taki-sensei. OH BOY.
Kumiko treats the boy horribly, that seems to be the prevailing view, no wonder he has no interest in what she has to say for herself most of the time.

Flashback. Remember when Kumiko walks through the train station, lost in her own thoughts, air practicing her fingerings on her imaginary euphonium, Shuuichi stops her. “Don’t ignore me” he says, as if having other things on her mind besides him is unacceptable. He is right, the audience concedes as we near the end of the series. Sorry Shuuichi we'll collectively apologise on her behalf. She never meant to say no to you. She can be honest now. Promise. In his presence her time and thoughts belong to him. Go apologise and don’t disappoint him anymore, Kumiko. He’s such a nice considerate boy and she is so mean to him… wait… what? How does the above flashback scene make him the considerate one?

Kitoge said:
I'm glad that the writer of the series left a bunch of room for more novels. Hopefully we'll see more. A lot of the scenes were quite beautiful. One thing that they could have improved upon is the Kumiko x Shuuichi pairing. It slightly forced, but second thought, I remember that there was quite a bit of development last season. Ah Idk; in this season, the only real significant scene of Kumiko x Shuuichi before the whole hairpin scene was the haunted house scene. I wish they made it a little more convincing that Kumiko had some interest in Shuuichi. Other than that, aforesaid, wowee. A lot of touching scenes.

Doesn't it seem more like a logical conclusion that his approaches to her as shown in both seasons have left her with little interest? Based on how he treats her, they can be friends, he can be useful at times but why would she want to date this boy?

Dec 27, 2016 7:18 PM

Reverberate said:
Aww, they lost. It was still kinda a bittersweet episode nonetheless. Hoping for a great finale~

Same here! I am hoping that the first and the second years will give the third years a good farewell present! :)

Dec 28, 2016 5:18 AM
Forum Moderator
Kousaka went all the way this episode till the point where she got embarrassed which was cute.
Anyway with that out of the way the question that remains is what will happen next seeing as the third years will leave.
Next episode might introduce some new characters, at the ending of the anime no less.

Anyway Kumiko and her sister meeting again was also nice.

Dec 28, 2016 5:25 AM

The attention to detail by KyoAni is astonishing. All the characters reactions and of course the bridge scene were perfect. I am mad to said that, but the scene between Kumiko and Shuichi was nice >.<.
This episode perfectly concluded the season, I laughed and cried (of joy and sadness) seeing Asuka be recognized and now leaving the band, or seeing Reina declaring herself. It's awesome.

Even the preparation phase before the concert seemed so natural. You made a great job, Kyoto Animation!

Dec 28, 2016 11:43 PM
Lol at all the little pathetic dweebs cheering that their lame ship has sailed. The show had a great start in season 1 but devolved into trashy melodrama in season 2.

Either way, these are little high school girls, you f*ckin creeps. If anything, Kumiko might screw what's-his-face, but she will definitely find more interesting dudes in college. That beta nice guy's boring af.

Dec 29, 2016 1:17 PM

Things which troubled me throughout the series so far. Katou and Sapphire are MCs. Katou and Sapphire are MCs. Katou and Sapphire are MCs. Please just remove them from the the MC status or give them some arcs so that my suffering can end. But I guess not.

Also Kumiko pls sleep.

Quality ShuKumi scenes. Perfect.

Yoroizoka being cute there.

REINA. WHAT A CONFESSION GAHHHH
One of the best confessions ever I love her. (tho I don't care much about this pairing) I love how Kumiko went "Re-" -reads her lips- and goes (Don't tell me- she's gonna confess...) -Reina does it- -Kumiko breathless with shock-

And Kumiko's VA. I love. Ofc Reina's too.

They got bronze. Gah. Kinda expected tho. The series was mor e of SoL than competetive.

He didn't even notice that she likes him as a guy and not teacher. Meh.

Haruka too cute with her breaking down.

Kumiko confessing her undying for her sis. I'm glad that they skipped the performance tbh. Dialogue all the way yay.

Dec 29, 2016 3:27 PM

Man I'm so late to this party, but people were so salty I'm glad I was late. Would've hate to experience the salty in real time...

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed and sad that they lost because it was the 3rd years last chance, well at least Asuka got some of what she was hoping for...
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.

Dec 30, 2016 2:09 AM

i was so ready for a performance :'(

Dec 31, 2016 12:02 PM

Dat confession :D

But I'm glad they even when they didn't win they ended on positive note. And realistically speaking, the third place is also good, especially for their first time being there.

Wonder how they'll wrap up in the last episode... season 3 possibility? (but we probably get just one movie to conclude everything).

Dec 31, 2016 6:22 PM

I was a little bummed out that they got bronze. That was cute how Reina confessed to Taki and it's nice to see Kumiko on good terms with her sister.

Jan 4, 11:25 PM

shanimebib said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Yuuko as president and Natsuki as vice-president was my bet, not that there was so many alternatives from the cast that was presented to us.

Even though I knew it from the novel, I thought so too. Also, Yuuko and Natsuki get along just fine as Riko points it out in the festival! They just don't want to admit it!

I still remember being the only one defending Yuuko in season 1:

shanimebib said:

Yuuko bowing to Reina. Kaori never got her chance.
I didn't really like Yuuko until she bowed to Reina. Bowing down to someone who is junior in rank/age in Japanese society is the highest form of sacrificing one's pride. Her actions were uncalled for, it is true, but you cannot deny the fact that she has decided to accept such humiliation for Kaori-senpai's sake, who never got her chance. The flashback is elaborated during this part when she was overlooked for the solo performance because it was decided by seniority. The flashback also includes how Kaori-senpai cared for her kouhai as she bowed for them. Yuuko noticed those things. But I am glad that Reina decided to stick with her belief that whoever better should play the part.

Some of the fans here wouldn't see beyond.
Yuuko and Kaori-senpai's little conversation before the audition was short-lived. But seeing Yuuko start running in tears (and bumping on to Natsuki) made me question how some fans decided to overlook something so warmly executed. They are both supporting characters, I know. And thus neither should be seen as important as Reina and Kumiko. But this girl here admired Kaori-senpai for valid reasons. She saw her senpai bowing for her sake, which made her not to hesitate to bow to Reina. She saw her being overlooked despite being the better one. Kick me on the teeth but I find it really hard to believe some fans rejoiced in her tears.

I am glad that she is much liked now. And I am sure everyone will accept her as the new prez, both the members of Kitauji Brass Band and Hibike! Euphonium fans!

You weren't the only one. I sympathized with Yuuko greatly in S1. Kaori meant a lot to her and she wanted to see her friend rewarded for her efforts. All you had to do was put yourself in her shoes. But yeah, it's nice that the audience loves her now.

Wonderful episode again. The scene with Kumiko and her sister at the end was absolutely beautiful. Couldn't help but tear up. This show has done an incredible job with character relationships.

Jan 6, 7:03 PM

I was surprised to see them losing, but considering how 2nd and 3rd years haven't been practising that hard before, it makes sense they didn't win the gold, other teams looked a lot more serious. That's quite realistic!
During "confession" I even felt a bit embarassed for Reina, and I guess that's how far it goes this season... Then again, it's not that I thought she would end up with Taki-sensei.

Onto the last one!

Jan 8, 8:52 AM

Everything was done exceptionally well besides us not seeing the performance which i really wanted to see due to it being the Nationals and all i had a picture in my head with a quality theater packed with thousands of people and top of the line animation but its cool they picked up well on the other aspects the realistic factor i admired alot

Jan 20, 9:46 PM

No performance? Seriously? I was hoping a series about music would show...you know...the music. I mean it's not the shows fault, but this series has seriously betrayed my expectations.

Jan 24, 6:57 PM

Oh boy that confession! Pretty solid episode, a bit sad that they got bronze in the end but well in general it was still really lovely! Quite a great episode, I really do wonder what the next and last episode of this series has to offer, but in general I can call this the ending already!

Jan 26, 12:02 AM

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THIS EPISODE?????

I don't know whether to love it or hate it.

Jan 27, 4:18 AM

Lel not even silver, they only won bronze!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.

Jan 28, 11:50 AM

Even if we know that Kumiko and Reina aren't going far than this, I still hoping it would, Kumiko have a crush on her for sure, but Reina is blind for Taki, I have to admit that she was brave to confess near everyone, and we all know that Taki will never accept her.
I am glad Kumiko and Mamiko finally said to each other their real feelings, the third years will be missed.

Feb 2, 1:45 AM

Taki-sensei you dense!
She confessed to you twice! xD
Well considering teacher-student relationship is forbidden
He probably noticed it, but played it safe

That was kinda sad they got bronze
Last scene is so heartwarming
If only they hugged each other, it would be so perfect
"I know love. Convenient store was selling it. For 298 yen." -Mayoi Hachikuji "You don't need a driver's license to hit and run!" -Kagura

Apr 10, 2:50 PM
xSkipi said:
After all those drama I didn't see the Nationals coming xD
Two seasons just finished here with the bronze, disappointing but it's more realistic I guess

can't wait for the last one !

I thought the second season was a step down from the first. But the idea of slapping "realistic" results on to patently unrealistic shows really grates.

Apr 11, 4:58 AM

we didnt even get to hear them play? wasnt this what the series was about?
the drama this season was really, really bad.

Apr 25, 8:18 PM

This was pretty fun. Kumiko and Asuka both get the cathartic resolution to their respective arcs, it was cute.

Just a general piece of advice for those who weren't satisfied with this episode: it's useful and fun to listen to the perspectives of other people, especially if they contribute to the discussion in a meaningful way, but don't forget. Your interpretation is just as valid!

I felt bad, but I had to laugh at Reina's horribly futile second attempt. Not only can Taki not connect the dots, he isn't even aware of the existence of any dots. I would understand if girls constantly confessed to him but he literally said he wasn't sure if the students really liked him. I commend Reina for having the guts to confess in front of an audience, twice. Maybe third time's the charm and he'll actually get it?

@VersoSciolto I read through your posts in the thread. I totally forgot about that incident! And it was in the 3rd year of junior high, not even kindergarten or something. Man, I mostly just found Shuuichi forced or boring so far but god he's a jerk and a creep. Though I'll admit I find it funny how far you went in your crusade against him. As usual, you brought up a lot of interesting stuff, and I like that you can criticize the show without attacking the other viewers. Reina's situation looks a lot less funny and more depressing now.
Modified by LeeTailor, Apr 25, 10:01 PM

May 28, 5:37 AM

Geddy Lee would be proud.

Jun 29, 8:57 PM
as soon as they didn't show the performance it was over.
but seriously though, couldn't we have had fucking something???

well. from a logical viewpoint of "what would be best for the plot", it was not that hard to guess they wouldn't win but...they sure threw on a lot of bets for this nationals before going into it.

at least there was closure for some people, like asuka.
also reina's confession was really cute tho. hm, so i think shuichi and kumiko are supposed to be a thing. well he's been shown a bit more recently but idk nothing worth commenting on. barely know anything about him besides that he's known kumiko for a long time so...yea

well. idk if there will be any more anime, and idk if i can/would read the LN. i'm guessing they'll win in their 2nd year
with the nationals over i wonder what else there is for the last episode of the season.

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]