Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Dec 21, 2016 4:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Hello guys,

I already watched everything before.
I'm watching Owarimonogatari at the moment and in the next few episodes i will finish it and then watch the Kizumonogatari movies
( i already know owari means the end ).

I wanted to know if Kizumonogatari is the last series of the franchise ?
Or will we get another monogatari series ?

Maybe people that read light novel knows about it.

Thank you for the help,
 
#2
Dec 21, 2016 5:01 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 1
i think there are more like wazamonogatari n musubimonogatari
 
#3
Dec 21, 2016 5:36 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
there are still owarimonogatari part 2, then zokuowarimonogatari, then owarimonogatari part 3. and then there is the off season including orokamonogatari, wazamonogatari, nademonogatari, and finally musubimonogatari
 
#4
Dec 21, 2016 5:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Wazamonogatari and musubi are both books, i want to know if they will adapt the continuation or if there is enough material to make another season.

DangitRonPaul said:
there are still owarimonogatari part 2, then zokuowarimonogatari, then owarimonogatari part 3. and then there is the off season including orokamonogatari, wazamonogatari, nademonogatari, and finally musubimonogatari


I know it depends on the sales but do you think they will adapt all of them ?
i know the last movie of Kizumonogatari will be out in july 2017.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
Modified by Shocked, Dec 22, 2016 3:20 AM
 
#5
Dec 21, 2016 6:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 2
the last kizu movie comes out january 7. and SHAFT has already said they will adapt all of monogatari
 
#6
Dec 21, 2016 6:05 AM
 
#7
Dec 21, 2016 6:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
DangitRonPaul said:
the last kizu movie comes out january 7. and SHAFT has already said they will adapt all of monogatari

I see thanks, i thought i was the first of july :/
 
#8
Dec 21, 2016 6:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 17

Thanks man, this explains everything, but won't we get to see what happens after hanamonogatari ? like Araragi in university with Senjougahara ?
 
#9
Dec 21, 2016 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15556
GODJAZZAR said:

Thanks man, this explains everything, but won't we get to see what happens after hanamonogatari ? like Araragi in university with Senjougahara ?
no; as the timeline shows, hana is the last story chronologically

i think owari 3 and zokuowari are about araragi's college entrance exam or smth
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 954
Considering the long wait for Kizu, im not sure if were gonna get another one. Though, the monogatari series makes a lot of money for Shaft, so they may want to make more

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:28 AM
Retired
Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 5773
Mokir said:
Considering the long wait for Kizu, im not sure if were gonna get another one. Though, the monogatari series makes a lot of money for Shaft, so they may want to make more

They are going to adapt all of the monogatari series they said that already.

also shinobu <3
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2590
Holy shit, that's a lot of Atari... :O
1 hour = 10,000 yen.
2 hours = 20,000 yen.
3 hours = 3 loaves of French bread.
4 hours = 4 loaves of French bread.
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 954


Its just like trying to understand the chronological order of the Legend of Zelda games

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
 
Dec 21, 2016 7:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 28
Should I watch Koyomimonogatari? I heard it is just a filler season. Does it advance the plot in any way?
SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT! SPLAT!SPLAT! SPLAT!
 
Dec 21, 2016 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 13346
BlackHairedBaka said:
Should I watch Koyomimonogatari? I heard it is just a filler season. Does it advance the plot in any way?
Koyomimonogatari is canon and it's ending is necessary to be watched to understand the next Monogatari anime, since the series ends in a cliffhanger.
 
Dec 21, 2016 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 3153
Well someone should have tag me in this topic.Well let's see...

GODJAZZAR said:
Hello guys,

I already watched everything before.
I'm watching Owarimonogatari at the moment and in the next few episodes i will finish it and then watch the Kizumonogatari movies
( i already know owari means the end ).

I wanted to know if Kizumonogatari is the last series of the franchise ?
Or will we get another monogatari series ?

Maybe people that read light novel knows about it.

Thank you for the help,


No it is not.There will be continuation of Owarimonogatari with part 2 and zoku.
Other than that

Darek said:
Mokir said:
Considering the long wait for Kizu, im not sure if were gonna get another one. Though, the monogatari series makes a lot of money for Shaft, so they may want to make more

They are going to adapt all of the monogatari series they said that already.


So we will get off-seasons.

BlackHairedBaka said:
Should I watch Koyomimonogatari? I heard it is just a filler season. Does it advance the plot in any way?


You definitely should.But if you don't have that time you should at least watch last 2 episode.

The whole Koyomimonogatari part of arcs so if you are lost in the timeline you can use that.



Want to hear a joke?
API
You dont get it?
*Sitcom laugh*



 
Dec 22, 2016 3:20 AM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 5734
Moved from Anime Discussion
 
Dec 27, 2016 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 345
Owarimonogatari Ge (vol 3, books 1 and 2 were already adapted in the first owari season) has already been officially green lit, meaning they are working on it right now. Owari vol 3 is the ending to the overarching story of the series while Zokuowarimonogatari is an epilogue. All the off season books are just side stories. It's unknown if they will adapt off season but they did say they would do the whole series so as long as it is still selling aniplex and kodansha will keep coming back for more.

Edit: figured I'd list the books in the order they were released, which is also the order in which I believe the series should be watched;

-First Season-
Bakemonogatari Volumes 1 & 2
Kizumonogatari
Nisemonogatari Volumes 1 & 2
Nekomonogatari Kuro

-Second Season-
Nekomonogatari Shiro
Kabukimonogatari
Hanamonogatari
Otorimonogatari
Onimonogatari
Koimonogatari

-Final Season-
Tsukimonogatari
Koyomimonogatari
Owarimonogatari Volumes 1, 2, & 3
Zokuowarimonogatari

-Off Season-
Orokamonogatari
Wazamonogatari
Nademonogatari
Musubimonogatari

-Monster Season-
Shinobumonogatari

Here is a video that explains why anime release order is the wrong order;


Modified by GoldNautilus, Jun 27, 2017 2:14 PM
 
Top