Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 20, 2016 8:48 AM
Apr 2014
I just want to know who you guys want to voice each character. :D

I honestly don't want any of the Drama CD's fancast to be reused. I like the voice actresses but I don't think they fit their characters.

Here's my list:
Yuzu: Nao Toyama
Mei: Ai Kakuma (I know Yoko Hikasa is a fan favorite for Mei, but I think Kakuma would fit better, with a voice like Isuzu Sento's)
Harumi: Rumi Okubo (I know she usually voices young or childish characters, but I think she could do well as Harumi)
Himeko: Ayane Sakura
Matsuri: Kana Asumi
Megane-Senpai: Rie Murakawa
Sara: Kaori Fukuhara
Nina: Maaya Uchida
Nene: Yurie Kobori
Mitsuko: Ryoka Yuzuki
Yuzu's mother: Ryoko Shiraishi or Yoko Hikasa
Shou (Mei's father): Rikiya Koyama
Mei's grandfather: Keiji Fujiwara (just thought of that one lol)
Mineko: Reiko Suzuki (just thought of that one too)

Also, I'd really like the soundtrack to be composed by either Kenji Kawai (Barakamon, Girl Friend Beta, World Trigger), Yukari Hashimoto (Yuri Kuma Arashi) or Hiromi Mizutani (Non Non Biyori). I'd also like theme songs by either GARNiDELiA, Ray or Kanon Yakeshima or even all of them (even though GARNiDELiA's label is Sony and Ray and Kanon's is Warner, but many anime use artists from different labels for themes). And the studios I want to animate the anime are either Kinema Citrus, Silver Link or Dogakobo.
juandmarcoJan 29, 2017 3:39 PM
Dec 20, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2015
Ok while I don't know any of the names of the seiyuus mentioned, what I am really concerned about is why those anime studios you picked are supposed to be the best choices? Now I'm not trying to squash your opinion, but I do want to know why...
Dec 20, 2016 10:27 PM
Apr 2014
Draconix814 said:
Ok while I don't know any of the names of the seiyuus mentioned, what I am really concerned about is why those anime studios you picked are supposed to be the best choices? Now I'm not trying to squash your opinion, but I do want to know why...

I just think they would do a good work with this kind of anime. White Fox would do good.

But the reason why I picked Kinema Citrus is 100% because I want the animation to look like Barakamon's (with Saburouta's art style, of course, but with the same art director and character designer as Barakamon).
Dec 22, 2016 2:57 AM

Oct 2015
I agree with your main cast list for the most part. I believe Nao would work with Yuzu (I would have to hear less Kirino for Ayana to work for Yuzu), and I think Ai as Mei would work. However, if Ai wasn't available... I think Sora Amamiya could fit if she tries to do something similar to Akame. I love the Himeko pick as well as the Matsuri one. Although... I'm not sure who I would want as Harumi... because I have no idea how I'd want her voice to be portrayed... it's definitely a difficult pick for me, but I think I like the idea of having Aoi Yuuki voice her (she can pull off both childish and more mature).

But... chances are very slim we get at least one person we want for these roles. :(

Still, I'm hyped for the anime! :)
Dec 22, 2016 8:08 AM
Apr 2014
Kage-Inazuma said:
Although... I'm not sure who I would want as Harumi... because I have no idea how I'd want her voice to be portrayed... it's definitely a difficult pick for me, but I think I like the idea of having Aoi Yuuki voice her (she can pull off both childish and more mature).

You really mean Harumi? Why would she have a childish voice? xD Edit: @Kage-Inazuma I just realized I interpreted this wrong. You never said Harumi would have a childish voice.
I picked Kana Asumi for Matsuri because of both Komari from Non Non Biyori and Marika from Nisekoi. I was thinking she could do a voice similar to Aya Hirano's Katja (from Seikon no Qwaser), changing to a more mature or childish tone depending on what she's saying and to whom.

Anyway, I think Emiri Kato would do a goot Harumi too.

Kage-Inazuma said:
But... chances are very slim we get at least one person we want for these roles. :(

I feel you on that. The casts of both World Trigger and My Hero Academia are at least 70% comprised of people who I wanted to voice other characters instead.

Kage-Inazuma said:

I feel you on that too. :)
juandmarcoMar 24, 2017 8:23 AM
Dec 25, 2016 2:22 PM

Feb 2016
Himeko: Arai Satomi

ONEE-SAMA
Dec 30, 2016 4:27 AM
Apr 2014
oriongreen said:

ONEE-SAMA

That would be funny, but it wouldn't fit.

Also, I used to think Kuroko is the same age as Mikoto, only earlier this year I found out Mikoto is two years older.

Also also, I never finished To Aru.
Dec 30, 2016 3:02 PM

Sep 2014
Nao's a good pick for Yuzu but I'm still up in there for Mei since I, myself, don't even have a clear picture on what she sounds like.

Idc for the others but I dig the Himeko and Matsuri picks too
Jan 2, 2017 8:45 AM
Apr 2014
Sweetie_Love said:
Nao's a good pick for Yuzu but I'm still up in there for Mei since I, myself, don't even have a clear picture on what she sounds like.

Idc for the others but I dig the Himeko and Matsuri picks too

I picture her with a voice like Isuzu Sento's, which is why I picked the same voice actress. :P
Anyway, thanks.

Also, now that Ichika appeared in the volume 6 extras, I don't know who to cast as her. I'd cast Nao Toyama as her if I hadn't already cast her as Yuzu. Maybe Kana Hanazawa is the next best thing? xD
Jan 2, 2017 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
juandmarco said:

Also, now that Ichika appeared in the volume 6 extras, I don't know who to cast as her. I'd cast Nao Toyama as her if I hadn't already cast her as Yuzu. Maybe Kana Hanazawa is the next best thing? xD

KanaHana's one of my all-time favorite seiyuus but can we have less of her? She's everywhere nowadays D:
Jan 2, 2017 10:53 AM

Sep 2015
juandmarco said:
Draconix814 said:

I just think they would do a good work with this kind of anime. White Fox would do good.

But the reason why I picked Kinema Citrus is 100% because I want the animation to look like Barakamon's (with Saburouta's art style, of course, but with the same art director and character designer as Barakamon).

When it comes to art style, I would pick either Shaft or J.C. Staff, because their art styles are both similar to Citrus and flexible. But I wouldn't want Dogo Kobo or Silver Link to work on this, they are primarily moe/comedy studios and I haven't seen many serious anime from them.

White Fox is kind of hit and/or miss, it can get great directing but limited animation, or ok directing and limited animation. It really depends on their budget and who is directing it, but I don't really see White Fox doing it anyways...
Jan 2, 2017 2:24 PM
Apr 2014
Sweetie_Love said:
juandmarco said:

KanaHana's one of my all-time favorite seiyuus but can we have less of her? She's everywhere nowadays D:

Who else could play her then? D:
Jan 6, 2017 7:05 PM
Dec 2013
Yuzu - Aya Hirano ­
Jan 9, 2017 7:45 AM
Apr 2014
lKuroi said:
Yuzu - Aya Hirano ­

Aya Hirano is good too, but I still prefer Nao Toyama as Yuzu. :P

Edit: Also, about what Sweetie_Love said about Kana Hanazawa, here in Brazil, people similarly complained about Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (I don't know if they still do tho), because he had a lot of simultaneous roles in the last two years. They didn't even care about who he is, they just called him "Kirito's voice".
Jan 9, 2017 8:54 AM

Jan 2016
At the moment I want Hayami Saori as Mei, and I haven't yet decided who else I would like
Jan 13, 2017 7:59 AM

Apr 2016
Here are my VA wishlist and Animation studios:
Yuzu: Rie Takahashi (Dunno why, I just see it work imo, not a high voice like megumin or soft like Emilia, but a bit more like Mayo,)

Mei: Saori Hayami (as impossible as this is, I can see her voice this character.)
Harumi: Ai Kayano (especially with that chizuru voice from Relife)
Matsuri: I do not mind Sakura Ayane for this one.

I'm still undecided on the other characters.
Mitsuko: Amamiya Sora (With that akame voice)
Nene: Lynn
Himeko: Ayaka Ohashi

As for studios. If I had to pick a couple. I would honestly choose Deen, J.C Staff, Brains Base, Or Production I.G XD
2D > 3D
Jan 18, 2017 7:25 AM

Sep 2013
I'm fine with the PV's VA.

I've watched too many Citrus drama CDs and PVs that I got used to hearing Ayana Taketatsu on Yuzu and Minami Tsuda on Mei.

Minami Tsuda's "usotsuki" in volume 5 pv = eargasm.

I really hope they'll stick with them. For harumin, her PV's va is really good. Don't change it please!

oriongreen said:

ONEE-SAMA

But I'll be fine with this. Lol

For soundtrack, LiSA.

For anistudio, this is too impossible but I want Kyoani LOOOOOOOOOOL

juandmarco said:

Mei: Ai Kakuma (I know Yoko Hikasa is a fan favorite for Mei, but I think Kakuma would fit better, with a voice like Isuzu Sento's)

Too bad, your Ai Kakuma is already Yuma of Netsuzou Trap. I prefer her as Hotaru >.<

YuriEmpire said:
At the moment I want Hayami Saori as Mei, and I haven't yet decided who else I would like

A lesbian Yukinon? No way. But yeah right,I bet she'll do a great job as Mei. i won't like it though.
Erika___Jan 18, 2017 7:46 AM
Jan 19, 2017 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
Erika___ said:

I've watched too many Citrus drama CDs and PVs that I got used to hearing Ayana Taketatsu on Yuzu and Minami Tsuda on Mei.

I really hope they'll stick with them. For harumin, her PV's va is really good. Don't change it please!

oriongreen said:

ONEE-SAMA

For soundtrack, LiSA.

juandmarco said:

Too bad, your Ai Kakuma is already Yuma of Netsuzou Trap. I prefer her as Hotaru >.<

YuriEmpire said:

A lesbian Yukinon? No way. But yeah right,I bet she'll do a great job as Mei. i won't like it though.

I didn't know the voice actresses for the female characters of Netsuzou TRap were already revelead, thanks for pointing out (but my reply is late, I had already read your post). I never read Netsuzou TRap, but I've been thinking of reading it since the anime was revealed. I'm not doing it anytime soon because I'm trying to catch up with the One Piece anime, and I haven't read manga recently because of that (though today I took the chance to read Citrus 24 in my language and 25 in English, I hadn't read either chapter at all before today).

Anyway, I don't think Ai Kakuma can't be Mei just because she's already Yuma (especially since they're from different series), but it's not like she'll be Mei just because I want her to. And I agree, LiSA would be great for the soundtrack too.

Also, back to my wishlist, I think Ichika could be voiced by Megumi Han or Emiri Kato too. I don't have a favorite choice for her yet, but I'm not ruling out KanaHana.
Jan 23, 2017 2:42 PM
Apr 2014
As for Suzuran Shiraho (a character introduced in chapter 25), I kinda want her to be voiced by Yui Horie, though that may sound weird. I imagine Suzuran with a voice like Palm Zoldyck (Kikuko Inoue) or Yukako Yamagishi (Mamiko Noto)'s, but I think it would be too easy to just cast the same voice actress as either of them, then suddenly I thought it would be fun to see Yui Horie doing a voice like that and sold myself. xD

Also, I'm disappointed the official cast hasn't been revealed yet, but after my history with World Trigger and Boku no Hero Academia I'm sure I'll be more disappointed when it's revealed. lol

(Not saying these animes' casts are bad, they're just not the VAs I wanted to voice the characters xD)
juandmarcoJan 23, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 28, 2017 12:08 PM
Apr 2014
Another artist I'd like to make a theme for the anime is Moumoon.
Jan 29, 2017 3:40 PM
Apr 2014
Just wanted to point out that I decided to change Shou's voice actor from Daisuke Namikawa to Rikiya Koyama.
Feb 24, 2017 11:23 PM
Oct 2016
I do not really know my wishlist for all characters. But, I do have some that I really want to be voiced with.

Yuzu : Uchida Maaya
Mei : Komatsu Mikako
Harumi : Sakura Ayane
Matsuri : Nao Touyama
Himeko : Murakami Natsumi
Nene : Tomioka Misako
Sara : Morohoshi Sumire

For others, I do not have any preferences though.
Mar 1, 2017 3:28 PM
Apr 2014
CurePrism said:
I do not really know my wishlist for all characters. But, I do have some that I really want to be voiced with.

Your cast is different from mine, but it has some of the same voice actresses. xD
BTW, who are Natsumi Murakami and Misako Tomioka? Never heard of them.
Mar 1, 2017 11:27 PM
Oct 2016
juandmarco said:
CurePrism said:

Your cast is different from mine, but it has some of the same voice actresses. xD

Natsumi Murakami is the voice actress for Saotome Ako from Aikatsu Stars and I think she's pretty new. Misako Tomioka is also from the Aikatsu franchise. She's voicing Himesato Maria and I think she's not popular yet, considering she just voiced few characters from anime. I also just know them when watching the series :D
Mar 2, 2017 7:55 AM
Apr 2014
CurePrism said:
juandmarco said:

Natsumi Murakami is the voice actress for Saotome Ako from Aikatsu Stars and I think she's pretty new. Misako Tomioka is also from the Aikatsu franchise. She's voicing Himesato Maria and I think she's not popular yet, considering she just voiced few characters from anime. I also just know them when watching the series :D

I still don't know them, sorry. XD
I don't watch Aikatsu, though the Yuri fanarts kinda make me interested *guilty pleasure*. xD
Mar 13, 2017 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
The seiyuus are from the drama cd because they used them in pv
but i want
Harumin as Kayano Ai
MurukoHiiragiMar 13, 2017 2:54 AM
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
Mar 24, 2017 8:10 AM
Sep 2016
Ayana Taketatsu as Yuzu, I don't care about anything else.
Mar 24, 2017 8:20 AM
Apr 2014
Jaa81102423 said:

It's fair. xD
I honestly didn't like Ayana as Yuzu. Not that I don't like her, but I don't think she fits Yuzu.

And I already imagined Nao Toyama as Yuzu before the PVs/Drama CDs came out. :P

ItzToxic said:
Yuzu: Rie Takahashi (Dunno why, I just see it work imo, not a high voice like megumin or soft like Emilia, but a bit more like Mayo,)

I'm kinda late for this question, but who is Mayo? xD
juandmarcoMar 24, 2017 8:29 AM
Mar 24, 2017 9:48 AM
Sep 2016
juandmarco said:
Jaa81102423 said:

It's fair. xD
I honestly didn't like Ayana as Yuzu. Not that I don't like her, but I don't think she fits Yuzu.

And I already imagined Nao Toyama as Yuzu before the PVs/Drama CDs came out. :P

ItzToxic said:

I'm kinda late for this question, but who is Mayo? xD

I honestly think she did a great job with the drama CDs, I'm so glad I got them with the manga.
May 16, 2017 3:59 PM
Nov 2015
Kage-Inazuma said:
I agree with your main cast list for the most part. I believe Nao would work with Yuzu (I would have to hear less Kirino for Ayana to work for Yuzu), and I think Ai as Mei would work. However, if Ai wasn't available... I think Sora Amamiya could fit if she tries to do something similar to Akame. I love the Himeko pick as well as the Matsuri one. Although... I'm not sure who I would want as Harumi... because I have no idea how I'd want her voice to be portrayed... it's definitely a difficult pick for me, but I think I like the idea of having Aoi Yuuki voice her (she can pull off both childish and more mature).

NOPE SOO MUCH NOPE

Yuzu need to be a combination of Kirino and Hotaro Shidare,no one wold be better than Ayachi
May 16, 2017 4:01 PM
Nov 2015
Erika___ said:

oriongreen said:

ONEE-SAMA

For soundtrack, LiSA.

juandmarco said:

YuriEmpire said:

ItzToxic said:
Here are my VA wishlist and Animation studios:

Mei: Saori Hayami (as impossible as this is, I can see her voice this character.)
Harumi: Ai Kayano (especially with that chizuru voice from Relife)
Matsuri: I do not mind Sakura Ayane for this one.

I'm still undecided on the other characters.
Mitsuko: Amamiya Sora (With that akame voice)
Nene: Lynn
Himeko: Ayaka Ohashi

As for studios. If I had to pick a couple. I would honestly choose Deen, J.C Staff, Brains Base, Or Production I.G XD

I hope they cast a Man for Mei or Yuzu,insteady of Saori "i only know to make one voice tone and all characters i doo sounds the same" Hayami
May 16, 2017 4:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Idk for the voice cast but for the studio, Lerche would be cool i guess.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 22, 2017 7:51 PM
Apr 2014
DatRandomDude said:

I'm not sure about that. Sure, their animation is pretty, but I was disappointed by how much they changed when adaptating Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, especially in the latter arcs given they obviously wanted to end the anime with the manga. I have the same problem with A-1 Pictures, they change and cut way too much.

Anyway, if they reuse the Drama CDs cast, I want Nao Toyama to voice Ichika instead (and I still want the same voice actors for the other characters I listed, except I want to replace Reiko Suzuki with Toshiko Fujita as Mineko).

I'd also like Maaya Sakamoto in the anime at least as an OP/ED artist. There's no character I'd like her to voice but I love her music.
May 22, 2017 9:04 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
juandmarco said:
DatRandomDude said:

I'm not sure about that. Sure, their animation is pretty, but I was disappointed by how much they changed when adaptating Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, especially in the latter arcs given they obviously wanted to end the anime with the manga. I have the same problem with A-1 Pictures, they change and cut way too much.

Anyway, if they reuse the Drama CDs cast, I want Nao Toyama to voice Ichika instead (and I still want the same voice actors for the other characters I listed, except I want to replace Reiko Suzuki with Toshiko Fujita as Mineko).

I'd also like Maaya Sakamoto in the anime at least as an OP/ED artist. There's no character I'd like her to voice but I love her music.
Well, when i had them in mind it was more because of Kuzu no Honkai .-.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 23, 2017 4:10 AM
Apr 2014
DatRandomDude said:
juandmarco said:

Well, when i had them in mind it was more because of Kuzu no Honkai .-.

I never watched that one, but what I've seen of the animation looks great. Still, I don't want to risk them cutting off parts of the manga.
Jun 4, 2017 6:02 AM

May 2010
The drama CD VAs are fine, I think they are perfect IMO. Yuzu's voice and personality is spot on
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 15, 2017 8:35 PM

Sep 2015
Well, seiyuus are reprising their roles from the drama CDs!
Jun 15, 2017 8:41 PM
Apr 2014
Draconix814 said:
Well, seiyuus are reprising their roles from the drama CDs!

Confirmed?

Oh well, I wish they changed at least Matsuri's voice actress. Not hating Sayaka Horino, but her voice is too childish.

Edit: Oh wait, they did replace her. That or Shiori Izawa is a huge mistake and Sayaka is still voicing her.

Edit 2: It's confirmed, ANN says the same thing.
Jun 15, 2017 9:07 PM
Jul 2018
~ Main Cast Members for 'Citrus' Announced - from the Anime & Manga News section right here on MAL.
Jul 16, 2017 3:27 PM
Nov 2015
Yeah Ayana as Yuzu

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.