Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2016 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
what a trippy finale and a very PG one at that, overly happy ending but pretty much what to expect from this kind of show

besides all the humiliating Matoi at the start this series was okay had an great OST and some decent animation far from the worse this season ironically it's one of ones i kept up with watching mainly because it's the only thing on tuesday for me lol.
6.5/10
Dec 21, 2016 5:19 AM

Oct 2016
happy ending for everyone, well I like that matoi's wish came true with the help of the wishes of others specially clarus and yuma .. and glad that shiori is back ..
Dec 21, 2016 8:29 PM

Sep 2013
Matoi got most of her wish in the end. Finally reuniting with her mother, calling Shingo her dad and becoming an ordinary girl...Until we find out she's not.

Yuma and Clarus is definitely my favorites in this. Clarus new form is way better than her last one. I like how it went from black to white when her personality changes and admits she's doing things to protect her friends.

Yuma is just great. I adore her. So fun to watch and entertaining. Wish she had more development and screen time.

3/5- Finale felt rushed but it was still pretty good. The animation and colors looked great. I was expecting a powerful 'final boss' thing at the last dimension but it wasn't like that. At least we have a happy ending. That's all I ever really ask for in any series.

6/10- For the series, I enjoyed it. I found it entertaining. The story has a lot of flaws and Matoi isn't the best lead you can get behind, but I enjoyed my viewing a lot more than I thought I would. Yuma and Clarus is great. Shingo got better as the series went on though I still found it cringey as fuck when he groped his own daughter's boobs. Good amount of fanservice here as well. The fights weren't all that special which is a bit disappointing. Other than that, this was a good but forgettable series. But hey! It least it was colorful and pretty!

Dec 22, 2016 12:22 AM

Oct 2012
I'm also having weak spot for happy endings. In overall, I'm very satisfied, that I picked this anime. AND OST IS SO FUCKING AMAZING I CAN'T BELIEVE. I mean, how often we get Western-movie-level OST in series? (yes, Western composers are far superior than Japanese, deal with it).
Dec 22, 2016 6:26 AM
Mar 2012
Good music, fun cartoony art & ok fights. Kinda rough last ep with Pochi infodump but got the gist.
For me it's mainly good comedy, fun characters. Bit of feels with great va. A few episodes were great, others mostly fun sol.
Dec 22, 2016 5:18 PM

Feb 2013
I think this show was great!! I wish more people had watched it.

Cool art, fun concept, very funny, plus they answered the question that I had for ALL magical girls....where do their clothes go? Answer: They disappear XD

This was one of the most underappreciated anime that I watched this season, and I loved it.

8/10
Dec 23, 2016 6:06 PM

Dec 2009
This anime was one hell of a dark horse!! I was astounded by all kinds of stuff in this series...

The soundtrack was top-class.
The depictions of all kinds of things were fantastic.
The emotional moments were really powerful.

The myriad god is a god of unification, the "highest" dimension, is the most unified one, depicted as a fractal coming from a source.

This anime did so many things right, yet so straight-forwardly, that it is outstanding. Even down to things like, how the villain wasn't even important, the real story was character vs environment.

I swear i cried when Matoi met Shiori. I mean, we all knew she would, but when it actually happens it's just omg!
GenesisAriaDec 23, 2016 6:14 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 24, 2016 4:55 PM

Oct 2010
Abajur said:
I thought that Matoi's god was just like *thumbs-up, good-bye*, but it didn't leave her after all.
Hahaha, I thought that too, I was like, wait did it just thumbs up and just leave, lol.

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Dec 25, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2016
TehSnawn said:
though I still found it cringey as fuck when he groped his own daughter's boobs.

He thought she was his wife and considering how they were acting in this episode, I don't find it cringey anymore. I'm glad he's happy, but Shingo and Shiori seem to enjoy tons of PDA.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2015
Expected and still great finale. Matoi's "ultimate power" has still no reason to be in-universe but its reason for the story was good.

4.5/5 The young couple-like parents at the end. ^^

A safe fighting magical girl series in the good way, with pretty designs. Its poor build, it behaved at first like a full-length series and realized its shortness only toward the last third, didn't damage the anime too much.

5.5+/10 I would liked to give it a 7.
Rei_IIIDec 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Dec 25, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2011
Shingo aged 10 years and has a caring lovey-dovey MILF!!!

Interesting revelation, the true enemy was the dimension itself (which I'd liken it to as the Laws and Rules)
Dec 28, 2016 6:52 AM

Jun 2014
This was a criminally underrated and underwatched series, but whatever, I got to enjoy it, so who cares! Really happy to see the happy ending, the power of friendship wins and sometimes if you wish for small things, those small things can end up being very powerful and meaningful things. I might have cried a bit, felt intense happiness and laughed as well. All of the characters were great. This show was definitely unconventional in a lot of was and definitely not your regular magical girl series. It was more of a fun slice of life and the story was more of a side note, but the story did have it's own importance in makging this series great. The plot was simple, but strongly written and well put together. The character interaction was top notch, I really appreciated the use of social media, it's great to finally see it in anime nowadays. Yuma was super cute and Shingo's sidekick was a hilarious idiot that made me laugh more than I should have, plus the show decided to use him as the vessel to a super important being, showing that this series does not take itself too seriously, this is not a bad thing by the way, I thought it was a fun little detail that this series decided to have. Again, a shame almost no one watched this or cares about this gem, but it's their loss. Overall Soushin Shoujo Matoi was easily one of my favorite series of the season, it was a magical girl show that doesn't go on the super dramatic BS route which I'm tired of seeing all the time. The directing was great and they used some really clever character designs, loved how colorful everything was and the shrine setting was super nice.
Oh, almost forgot about that epic main theme soundtrack, I always got excited as heck when that played and the OP and ED were both top tier.

7.5/10
alpha_shadowMar 5, 2017 4:17 AM
:3
Dec 30, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2013
Sweet end to a solid series
Very underrated!
8/10
Jan 1, 2017 12:21 PM

Nov 2011
Aaaaawwww, that was one of the happiest endings I've seen lately! Awesome healing power! Shingo has it good now, Shiori is a beauty and she didn't age :) Lucky bastard. I'm happy for Clarus too, may her lily bloom now :)

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jan 7, 2017 4:10 AM

May 2013
I don't even know why most are scoring this so low. Those expecting for a dark magical girl anime and got disappointed should have never finished this and rated it badly. Honestly, it was pretty good and it reminded me of the old anime where the plot was linear but very good. It felt like one of those classic anime which resembles like fairy tale and legends.
This anime is definitely underrated. Women are straying from these or rating it badly due to light fanservice. Edge lords hating on it cause it's a light hearted which resembles the classics. It ain't perfect especially in the animation and character art department but it was really good and deserves a higher rating. This is definitely better than mainstream choices for Fall 2016 anime.
Jan 21, 2017 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
I wasn't impressed by this finale, all happened as predicted... I'm really happy to see Shingo happy because this guy deserves it. His character was my favorite, beautifully played. Some OST were also pretty good like the one when Matoi fight.
I think it was a good anime, the story was simple. but enjoyable.
Jan 23, 2017 6:06 PM

Jul 2014
A really happy ending, i loved it. The series overall was ok.
SkyLETVJan 31, 2017 5:18 PM
Jan 27, 2017 10:34 AM

Jul 2009
Clarus's new clothes was really nice! I am glad everything worked out in the end.
Mar 23, 2017 4:02 PM

Nov 2013
An amazing and beautiful final episode.

Claris gained her final form by praying/wishing to her god. She looked absolutely awesome.

In the end everything was back to normal. I like how Matoi's god gave a thumbs up and disappeared.

Now she has to see her parents being lovey-dovey 24/7. Not what she imagined how it would be.

As she wanted to say, that she has no god anymore, he suddenly appeared like "Hi, I'm back". No ordinary life for her. Too bad.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Mar 27, 2017 4:05 PM

Feb 2007
That ending. :D Poor Matoi...

Was nice to see Clarus reach proper divine union as well, though.
Mar 27, 2017 8:00 PM

Oct 2008
watched from [DDY] subs
LOL, I thought the conclusion is a tragic one but it was the complete opposite!
5/5.
7/10.

Apr 1, 2017 8:44 AM

Jul 2009
I wasn't really feeling the finale, the action sequences seemed kind of lame :( A bit disappointed, but it was nice to see Matoi able to reach her mom and bring her back. Happy ending for everyone ... well, not for Matoi it seems since she's not "ordinary" after all :P

Overal I thought it was not a bad series, had some good moments. Animation was mostly OK, music was pretty good, characters were mostly meh and the plot was ... decent? Overall I didn't think there was anything special about this anime, but it was fairly enjoyable to watch at least. 6/10
May 14, 2017 10:59 AM
Apr 2013
A bit late to the party on my part, but the ending really got me emotional. Very good, though I am sad that it has ended (aren't we all when any anime ends?)

The anime was really great in all. I would like to see more like it, I guess.
Not quite my cup of tea to rewatch, but there were a lot of moments. Yuma and Toi-chan have some really great moments together. Yuma is amazing, and props to Ohzora-san for that amazing performance.
Jul 3, 2017 6:27 PM

Nov 2016
An enjoyable anime , funny tho cuz Matoi's wish didn't come true trough out the anime xD , But it good and enjoyable a nice ending that might leads to a season 2 and there are somethings that they didn't make clear so yea a 2nd season is a possibility , Liked the characters and i want to see more of Yuma-Chin xD <3 <3 , Looking Forward !!!!
Oct 6, 2017 11:51 AM
Sep 2015
So Shiori was like a second Madoka 'I will save everyone yada yada yada'
And there were a lot of plot holes. How did Pochi's demon get out of his body? And why would the demon do that without the girls exorcising him?
Also Yuma and Clarus' bodies couldn't resist the higher dimensions, but they survived. How? Just because of wishes?
This anime is not that bad, but considering the many plot holes I give this a 5/10. I'm glad it has a happy ending, but it's nothing special.
Feb 5, 2018 3:14 AM

May 2017
Had it's charms.

I always like an original series, and this pulled the Magical Grill thing off relatively well.

Too many side characters and underwhelming world-building let it down. Still was cute enough as a light snack of an anime series.

Would only recommend for someone who wants to watch series with a prominent father-daughter relationship, as that aspect of the show was done very well.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
May 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Jan 2012
And so Matoi succeeds in rescuing her mom from the 24th dimension and restoring her normal, ordinary family life while saving everyone. Well, okay her not so ordinary life stays, but her mom's back anyway. XD And I gotta say, seeing her all lovey dovey with Shingo was pretty satisfying considering his dour yet supportive role for the majority of the series. Initially I wasn't really feeling this series. That first 4 episode arc really didn't do much for me. I wasn't really invested in the world, and the tone set. I liked the slice of life scenes, but the creatures seemed to clash with it like they didn't belong in the same series or something. And the nudity running gag didn't really resonate not to mention Shingo's cringey accidental groping of his daughter. Claris' backstory didn't really intrigue me either. Thankfully Yuma(my favorite character) managed to lure me in with the fifth and sixth episodes, probably my favorite two of the series. Once charmed I started appreciating the things that weren't clicking with me more. I was worried Shingo just never realizing Matoi was the girl in disguise was a real possibility, but luckily they did some good stuff with him and her in the second half. Their relationship felt genuine and touching. To be sure, I wouldn't really say this was a particularly good series, the main plot never really got completely out of the "this makes little sense but just go with it to keep things moving" feel of those early episodes, but those middle episodes, the character of Yuma, Matoi's relationship with Shingo, and the happy ending with them both getting Shiori back in their lives were enough to earn a generous 7 out of 10 from me, just barely. What can I say? I'm a sucker for happy endings, and was even glad to see Claris' bed-ridden friend show signs of life. And of course Luciela's big, beautiful tits certainly didn't hurt things either I guess. XD
Oct 20, 2021 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
This has been a great series to watch. I love it and as well as how the ending was made. It was a lot of fun! I scored it 9/10! 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2016

35 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:30 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2016

46 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 19, 2021 4:20 AM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Oct 18, 2021 11:22 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

26 by RukakoisBestGirl »»
Oct 30, 2020 10:14 PM

Poll: » Soushin Shoujo Matoi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

34 by TheBigGuy »»
Mar 23, 2017 3:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.