33.5%
Summer
21.5%
Fall
23.4%
209 votes
Dec 18, 2016 11:09 PM
Sep 2015
After my thread last year was won by Fall after 642 votes were placed, it's time for this years edition.
Here's the link.

So the question again is, what was your favourite season of Anime in 2016
NOTE: I'm listing the highest scorers that STARTED on this season, to avoid repeating long running shows.
List:

Winter 2016
E.G. (Highest Scorers)

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Spring 2016

Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai
Boku no Hero Academia

Summer 2016

Mob Psycho 100
Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV)

Fall 2016

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Drifters
Yuri!!! on Ice
DJBayDec 19, 2016 12:08 PM
Watch Nichijou
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2016 11:10 PM
Sep 2015
Starting it off, I barely watched any shows from this year, but the only one that I liked came from Winter, so Winter it is for me.
Watch Nichijou
Dec 18, 2016 11:15 PM

Jul 2014
Summer was hype af and then all of my hyped shows plummeted into despair-inducingly terrible garbage. Spring was basically the same except BnHA was as good as I thought it would be (i.e amazing) I didn't watch much in winter. Fall had Touken Ranbu and was all around great (the first season since I started regularly watching seasonals that I didn't drop anything)
Dec 18, 2016 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
Winter:
-Boku dake ga Inai Machi
-Dagashi Kashi
-Hai to Gensou no Grimgar
-Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
-Dimension W
-Nijiiro Days

Spring:
-Flying Witch
-Kuma Miko
-Re:Zero
-Kiznaiver
-Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
-Sansha Sanyou
-Gakusen Toshi Asterisk (s2)

Summer:
-Planetarian
-ReLIFE
-NEW GAME!
-Orange
-Momokuri
-Amanchu!
-Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

Fall:
-Flip Flappers
-Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume
-Occultic;Nine
-Hibike! Euphonium 2nd Season
-Girlish Number

Final verdict:
Every season had great series, but the best was probably spring.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 18, 2016 11:18 PM

Nov 2012
hard to choose, but i guess i'll go with spring. not for the shows mentioned in OP (haven't watched either of these three), but the SOLs we got in that season were pretty awesome.
fall would've been a strong contender too if YoI had managed to stay as good as its first few episodes.
Dec 18, 2016 11:20 PM

May 2014
Every season this year was equally shit.
Dec 18, 2016 11:22 PM

Nov 2014
Looking back, a lot of very enjoyable series this year. Did any season/anime blow me away? Not really.

Granted there are a few Fall anime I've intentionally left to binge after it aired, so there might be some chance.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 18, 2016 11:27 PM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Tough call for me. All I know is that Fall is definitely not the best. Winter had great shows like Assassination Classroom S2, Boke Dake ga Inai Machi and the big surprise, KonoSuba.
Spring, of course the big one (arguably) of the year, was Re: Zero and one of my favourite underlooked shows, Flying Witch. There were a lot of other pretty good shows as well.
Everything I watched in Summer was great, but it's very difficult to pinpoint the most standout of the season. Danganronpa, New Game, Orange and Amanchu being the best ones for me.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Dec 18, 2016 11:34 PM

Nov 2011
Weighing between Winter or Summer, but my final verdict goes to Summer. There were lots of good shows like Mob Psycho, Orange, Alderamin, D.Gray-man, Arslan, Zestiria, Shokugeki, and 91Days. And don't forget Kimi no nawa and Koe no Katachi, awesome season.
Dec 18, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2015
I'd go for summer. Re:Zero was still running and it had overall the most shows I found interesting.
Dec 19, 2016 3:15 AM

Feb 2013
the answer is always winter
but it's not such an unpopular one this year....
Dec 19, 2016 3:20 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Hmm in terms of sheer quantity, I'd have to say Summer. In terms of actual peak though, probably Spring

Though overall my opinion of Summer is probably higher. Spring was too hard-carried by Re:Zero alone (and that still aired its second half throughout Summer if you look it that way). There are also Kimi no Na wa and Koe no Katachi from Summer which I haven't seen yet because #BDs
Dec 19, 2016 3:20 AM

Dec 2015
@DJBay In Fall 2016 I think Drifters would have been better instead of Gakuen Koukou that barely anyone knows.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 19, 2016 3:27 AM

Apr 2013
Winter > Summer > Fall > Spring

Winter wins easily because KonoSuba, AssClass S2, Phantom World and Dagashi Kashi.
Dec 19, 2016 3:28 AM

Jan 2015
Fall because of how many mahou shoujos were in this season and bungou stray dogs s2 <3
Dec 19, 2016 3:45 AM
Feb 2016
tonkatsu dj was released in spring and that's all that matters
Dec 19, 2016 3:54 AM

Jul 2013
Fav animu of every season:

Winter
-Assassination Classroom 2nd Season
-KonoSuba
-Gate 2nd Season
-Kizumonogatari I
Overall: Was fine. Despite having Divine Gate, some dissapointments (Erased, Dagashi Kashi, Grimgar...) and that Durarara's ending was just good, but could have been better, it had KonoSuba, AssClass 2 and Gate 2, who carried the season. It was also fun because people get really salty with Erased. It's also the only season of the year who had some Monogatari material (Koyomimonogatari and the first Kizumonogatari movie), so that's welcomed.

Spring
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventures: Diamond is Unbreakable
-Magi: Adventure of Sinbad
-Boku no Hero Academia
-Mayoiga
Overall: For me, this was the best season in what new animes release refers, since in that season a lot of good/entertaining animes were aired (Re: Zero, JoJo DiU, Boku no Hero Academia, Bungou Stray Dogs, Magi: Adventure of Sinbad...), plus it has best comedy of the year Mayoiga. The bad thing of this Spring season imo is that the majority of the series aired here reached it's better parts in the following seasons (like Re: Zero, JoJo and Bungou Stray Dogs). It's also has Big Order, so...

Summer
-Mob Psycho 100
-Re: Zero (I know it's from Spring, but since Summer was lacking, I feel obligated to put this, plus in that season is when the series becomes interesting)
-91 Days
-Tales of Zestiria the X
Overall: The most dissapointing season imo. It had some animes I was expecting with urge, only to end up dissapointed (D. Gray Man Hallow, Shokugeki no Souma 2, Orange...), and it has some so-so animes in between (Ange Vierge, Qualidea Code, Rewrite...). Also has aberrations like Taboo Tattoo and the second season of Arslan Senki, which overall I disliked a lot. Apart of Mob Psycho and 91 Days (who were very good), this was carried by Re: Zero and JoJo for me. There is also Tales of Zestiria, who despite not being something really outstanding, it was still very enjoyable.

Fall
-3-gatsu no Lion
-Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season
-Keijo!!!!!!!!
-Drifters
Overall: For me, has been a very good season. Apart of having the second cour of Bungou Stray Dogs and the climax for JoJo Part 4, it has featured some surprising series like 3-Gatsu no Lion (which I didn't expected to like that much) and Keijo!!!!!!!, with some other enjoyable animus like Drifters and Occultic;Nine. It's also the season who has dissapointed me the least.

So, this year, like every year who comes, has had good and bad animes. Imo, the ranking would be: Spring > Fall > Winter > Summer.
Dec 19, 2016 3:59 AM

Feb 2016
i dont watch many 2016 anime, but i enjoyed bananya the most. so my vote goes to the season where bananya was aired
Dec 19, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2015
Hmm, every season has many shyts, but for me slightly best season of 2016 = Summer.
Mostly for SnS2, ReLife, Nejimaki Seirei Senki, Kizumonogatari II & Kimi no Na wa.
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Dec 19, 2016 4:27 AM

Jun 2016
all of the list.
each on every season has its own great shows.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Dec 19, 2016 4:33 AM

Oct 2015
Fall for me, everything I am watching this season was pretty alright, not too boring like the ones I watch the past seasons with 2-3 dropped throughout the way
Dec 19, 2016 4:36 AM

May 2014
Spring for me. Fall 2k16 is / was decent but eyyy, Spring 2k16 was actually one of my best anime seasons anyway sooo, yeah, going with that.
Dec 19, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2015
Fall was the best for me. Best season for sequels.
Favorites this season includes Haikyuu S3, Hibike Eupho S2 and Natsume Yuujinchou Go

Next would be winter for me. Because of Shouwa Genroku obv

I'm Mei
i love bunnies 2 death
and pixels

Dec 19, 2016 4:52 AM

Mar 2016
2016 were pretty weak tbh , not many memorable anime in general ( I almost forgot half of the shows i watched in winter season )
But i think i'll go with Spring , just because it did have some enjoyable ones
On a side note , 2017 is showing a lot of potential ( hope it delivers though )
Dec 19, 2016 4:55 AM

Oct 2016
Fall
Regardless of the quality of the rest of the shows, sangatsu no lion and girlish number and the 2 best animes of 2016
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2016 4:57 AM

Mar 2016
Winter of 2016, for me. I just liked the shows that aired then.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❀️ Birdie ❀️

Dec 19, 2016 5:25 AM

Jul 2015
Summer, simply because 2nd cour of Re:Zero was best thing that happened to anime in recent years. Still praying for 2nd season too.
Also Mob Psycho and Tales of Zestiria X for amazing artstyle and action, while Konobi and New Game for outstanding moefest and cuteness.

Dec 19, 2016 5:47 AM

Dec 2012
MiziTami said:
Didn't watch Spring (except the holy saviour Re:ZERO and garbage Kabaneri) YET so outta question.

Winter'16 fo me. BokuMachi, Grimgar, Ajin, Heavy Object was in its second half ( <3 ), and some more.

@kazuro WBU? @KiriZama I noe its useless asking omae you piece of kuzudesu

As much as I liked winter ... Summer was the best for me ..

91 days, Konobi , Re zero 2nd half(Enough said) , Mob psycho 100(Though I watched it much later) , Nanatsu no taizai , Shokugeki no souma S2 , Tales of Zestiria X and orange (Kinda except it was a bit cringeworthy)

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Dec 19, 2016 5:51 AM

Jun 2016
Winter

- KonoSuba
- Boku dake ga Inai Machi
- Musaigen no Phantom World
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) 2nd Season

Spring

- Re:Zero
- Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
- Bungou Stray Dogs
- Macross Δ
- Kiznaiver
- Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge

Summer

- Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
- ReLIFE
- New Game!
- Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!
- Tales of Zestiria the X
- Amaama to Inazuma
- Rewrite
- Planetarian: Chiisana Hoshi no Yume
- Dangaronpa (Series)

Fall

- Natsume Yuujinchou Go
- www.Working!!!
- Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season
- 3-gatsu no Lion
- Shuumatsu no Izetta
- Hibike! Euphonium 2
- Occultic;Nine
- Fune wo Amu
- Drifters
- Girlish Number

Movies

- Kimi no Na wa. (Your name.)
- Kizumonogatari I: Tekketsu-hen
- Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu-hen
- Zutto Mae kara Suki deshita.: Kokuhaku Jikkou Iinkai
- Hibike! Euphonium Movie: Kitauji Koukou Suisougaku-bu e Youkoso
- Koe no Katachi

Great!! Looking back, Spring and Fall is the best for me, awesome Season ~ ^^
Azure_and_ClaudeDec 19, 2016 6:10 AM
Dec 19, 2016 5:55 AM

Feb 2015
I'd lean of the Summer 2015 dude... That's just the best. One of when most of good hentai were adapted.
Dec 19, 2016 5:59 AM

Apr 2015
I watched the most out of summer and enjoyed most of it, so I'll go with that.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 19, 2016 9:47 AM

Oct 2014
is there really a competition?
the summer season gave us the awesomeness that was mob psycho so it is clearly the better one
Dec 19, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
Re:Zero was godlike as fuck. So spring wins easily. I also watched Boku No Hero Acaedmia.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 19, 2016 10:09 AM
Jan 2013
2 mentions of Flying Witch and 2 of Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

I hate you all
gone bai bai
Dec 19, 2016 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Favorite animu of every season:

Winter
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu. I watched the first episode and it was to my satisfaction but i'm still waiting for this winter follow up to start the series for real, even though it has had overwhelming positivity thrown at it

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar was my favorite thing In the winter that I actually watched. Konosuba you say? It was okay, I guess.

Overall: Not a lot to watch that winter. What I did watch was mostly bad so it didn't last until the end. Bleh!

Spring

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai was good. Little less so the further I went in but I hear it's gotten better again.

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri was an anime I never finished.

Kiznaiver was entertaining. For someone with barely any knowledge In the field, I felt like this utilized surprisingly effective shot angles.

Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Is still bad.

Overall: It was okay, I suppose! Nothing that really hooked me and made me want to think about it more than a few minutes after viewing it.

Summer
91Days was a bleh gangster flick.

BERSERK was a bleh fantasy flick.

Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin was a show I almost finished but was bleh enough for me not to finish it.

Mob Psycho 100 was the only show I finished that was good. I consider it one of the best this year.

Tales of Zestiria the X was my kind of action fantasy flick, mostly elevated by Ufotable.

Overall: The best season for me. Suck it.

Fall

I've watched nothing at all.

Overall: zzzz
Dec 19, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2012
I think I enjoyed Spring or Summer most, but I think I'm gonna go with Spring mostly cause Flying Witch and Tanaka-kun

Honorable mentions to Konobi, ReLIFE, Alderamin, Saiki, and a few others though

Dec 19, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2015
every season was decent except spring with the exception of flying witch, but if i were to choose only one WINTER was the best of the rest.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Dec 19, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2013
Spring since it has Jojo and My Hero Academia. Then again, it also has Rem:Zero, the thought of which makes me want to eat glass.
Dec 19, 2016 10:35 AM
Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
@DJBay In Fall 2016 I think Drifters would have been better instead of Gakuen Koukou that barely anyone knows.

Sorry, but Gauken not only has a better score, but also has double the amount of members and:

Gakuen:
Watching: 30,420
Completed: 45,221

Drifters:
Watching: 65,755
Completed: 17

Total Higher for Gakuen aswell.

Any other titles can be found by clicking the link aswell for that season :)
DJBayDec 19, 2016 10:38 AM
Watch Nichijou
Dec 19, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2015
DJBay said:
joe_g7 said:

Sorry, but Gauken not only has a better score, but also has double the amount of members and:

Gakuen:
Watching: 30,420
Completed: 45,221

Drifters:
Watching: 65,755
Completed: 17

Total Higher for Gakuen aswell.

My mistake I thought Gakuen Koukou was a different anime, while in reality it was part of the Haikyuu name.
So you're putting Natsume Yuujinchou just because it has the highest ratings while barely anyone has seen it?
Dec 19, 2016 11:06 AM
Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:

So you're putting Natsume Yuujinchou just because it has the highest ratings while barely anyone has seen it?

Hmm, after checking, its a good point but the scores are weighted though.

Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season would be in lie to replace it but surely as it the most recent eason it should be easy to remember which series you watched in the past week/ past 3 months. (AKA the i'm too lazy to repeat it for all even those theres only 12 series named excus- hey, why are you going out of your way to read this!)
Watch Nichijou
Dec 19, 2016 11:14 AM

Dec 2015
DJBay said:
joe_g7 said:

Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season would be in lie to replace it but surely as it the most recent eason it should be easy to remember which series you watched in the past week/ past 3 months. (AKA the i'm too lazy to repeat it for all even those theres only 12 series named excus- hey, why are you going out of your way to read this!)

I'm saying include Drifters since it comes first in both members and score (after Yuri and Haikyuu) if you don't include sequels and entries with few members.
Dec 19, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
Spring and fall. Well I might be bias since, I watched more shows in spring and I'm currently in the hype stage for fall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2016 11:39 AM

Apr 2015
Winter > Summer > Fall > Spring

Winter had Rakugo, Koyomimonogatari, Erased, Shirayuki, Durarara, Galko-chan, Konosuba and a few others.
Dec 19, 2016 12:10 PM
Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
DJBay said:

I'm saying include Drifters since it comes first in both members and score (after Yuri and Haikyuu) if you don't include sequels and entries with few members.

Makes sense, so changed.

Also, just like last year, Winter 4th and Summer 3rd, but this year Spring beating Fall.
Watch Nichijou
Dec 19, 2016 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
Spring season most of the times is the best season. This year spring season was the best.
Dec 19, 2016 3:59 PM

Oct 2016
Summer.

Because of:
-ReLIFE
-NEW GAME!
-Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru!

γ€Œ I was nothing until the moment I met you. 」

Dec 19, 2016 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
To me it was Summer by far.

-ReLIFE
-Mob Psycho 100
-Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara
-Nejimaki
Dec 19, 2016 11:10 PM

Dec 2009
Autumn has Chichi Battou and Shingeki no Buttock!
Dec 19, 2016 11:11 PM

Dec 2012
MiziTami said:
kazuro said:

As much as I liked winter ... Summer was the best for me ..

91 days, Konobi , Re zero 2nd half(Enough said) , Mob psycho 100(Though I watched it much later) , Nanatsu no taizai , Shokugeki no souma S2 , Tales of Zestiria X and orange (Kinda except it was a bit cringeworthy)

Hmm I see. Yeah Orange was BS kinda. You completed MP 100? What do you have to day about it?

Well ... I did mention it in one of my comments on your page but it seems you ignored it ... My thoughts are on my profile page under a certain spoiler tag...

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 39 minutes ago

11 by Shrimp_Tail »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 14 minutes ago

3 by EastIndiaCompany »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 6 minutes ago

0 by Absurdo_N »»
6 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

40 by Ravex1 »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.