3It was OK
14.8%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
27 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2016 5:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well so much for the play this episode.

This was a pretty serious one compared to some of the others. Kohana misses her mother but also wants to prove something to everyone. She falls into a coma but I think she should be glad that there's so many friends that supports her. Not really sure how I feel about the finale. I thought the execution was rather weird.
Dec 18, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2012
Took quite the turn. Looks like she subconsciously has an inferiority complex and has been overworking herself both mentally and physically? Guess that's why she might've fainted last episode.

Welp, I guess the guys get to enact the Sleeping Beauty play for real next episode

Dec 18, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2016
This turned pretty dark but I think it was handled really well! This might be one of my favorite episodes. I was expecting something "stereotypical" like "she has the same illness as her mum" etc. but I was wrong and thank god for that. It was a good and genuine plot twist in my opinion because I always had the feeling Kohana was clingling to much to becoming like her mum without really developing any own wishes and goals etc..

And I LOVE the scenes in the snow, sad but very beautiful.

Only thing I would complain about is the way the director talked about this problem in front of everyone (this should be something that only concerns Kohana, normally one wouldn't talk in front of other students about such issues. Of course if he hasn't the guys would not have searched for clues to help her, but still it bothered me ^^

I'm curious how the last episode will solve this. Obviously she will be wake up out of her coma, I personally hope that her Arte will change from doing flower arrangements to something else instead of just her Sparkles turning different (No high hopes for this but dunno...I would like this. Finding her own path and dreams, without being bound to the "curse of her mum"

(but please don't let this be some kind of cheesy "let's do the sleeping beauty kiss thing for real" as a solution. It would not fit, I sense deep affection among the guys, but not in a romantical way but only as close friends)
Dec 18, 2016 11:10 AM

Jan 2016
she wants to be like her mum so bad she even wants to die... (but doesn't she need a daughter first? silly kohana)

rip stairwell

guys <3

Dec 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Jan 2015
Nice job Teika for giving everyone hope again
Dec 18, 2016 12:40 PM

Apr 2014
that black thorns...everything turned black to her,lets hope the prince awake the princess with a kiss
Dec 18, 2016 4:53 PM
Jun 2015
Teika, since you are the Prince of Destiny, please save Kohana and kiss her with true love's kiss!
Dec 18, 2016 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
CAN TEIKA JUST KISS KOHANA IN THE NEXT EPISODE SO SHE WILL WAKE UP

Dec 18, 2016 9:01 PM
May 2016
This episode turned dark...But I actually liked it, because unlike most reverse harem heroines, she has depth and issues not revolving around the romances. I've become less interested in the romance aspect of the show and now enveloped in her growth as a character and how her friends will help her fix her destructive sparkle problem (I don't know what else to call it xD).

I thought this show was going to be a carbon copy of Uta no Prince Sama, but they took it in a new direction and I'm really glad they did. It's a lot more fun to watch, and I'll be sad when it's over.
Dec 18, 2016 11:22 PM
May 2010
Can't wait for the next ep, this sort of plot is pretty decent and overall I enjoy watching this more than utapri.
(I mean too many guys now at utapri and heroine who dat? tho I like the first two seasons.)

Nothing may come of it romance wise here since its an adaptation as well but that doesn't matter, this
series may be able to stand on its own.
Dec 19, 2016 12:45 AM

Dec 2015
This episode went dark, but I appreciate it. We get to see more of Kohana, and I'm glad the show developed her as well. Who knew being too talented could be a curse?

Rima_Smile said:
I thought this show was going to be a carbon copy of Uta no Prince Sama, but they took it in a new direction and I'm really glad they did. It's a lot more fun to watch, and I'll be sad when it's over.

Same. I was also worried this would be an Utapri clone, but it's really different and has its own path. I really enjoy watching this too.

Edit: Actually, having thought about it, this whole episode feels like a metaphor for mental illnesses and artistic people. Kind of reminds me of the idea that artistic people suffer from mental illnesses, but because of that, they are able to create great art - at the expense of their mental health. They destroy themselves with their art, and it feels like this episode is somewhat saying the same thing.

Edit 2: the hedgehog is so cute
starlightshineDec 19, 2016 1:21 AM
Dec 19, 2016 10:51 AM

Jun 2011
An amazing episode, I really loved how they portrayed an emotional breakdown in this anime, seems almost poetic and yet very artistic. How desperation can lead to depression, and how it can almost feel like your physically trapped. I like how they also incorporated Sleeping Beauty into all this. My only complaint was the fact there was no foreshadowing of these turn of events.

I'm really enjoying this anime, way more than Uta Pri.
Dec 19, 2016 12:23 PM
Mar 2016
So, Kohana is asked to leave , cu'z of her sensitivity to the so called "Light of arte?" Now she in a coma.
Dec 19, 2016 4:52 PM

Apr 2008
I really like the direction this episode took, and yes visually some really beautiful scenes with the black vines with thorns and snow, but sad - especially when you compare it to that amazing Sakura tree gently glowing in the sun Kohana produced earlier in the series.
Dec 19, 2016 5:29 PM

Mar 2015
um this anime just got dark so suddenly..like the first 11 episodes were all happy and cute, and then BAM.
too dark man...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2016 12:36 AM

Jun 2013

Stay save kohana

Dec 22, 2016 7:54 PM

Oct 2008
Aigasaki Kohana turned into corrupted version of a black thorns that would eventually destroy her. They made her that for plot sake.
6 boys should team-up save their little princess! oye!
4/5.

Dec 22, 2016 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
Never knew flower arranging could be this dangerous.
allo
Dec 25, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2008
I don´t know why but this is giving me a lot of Pretear anime feels:
Harem of boys, flowers and snow. If it ends with main hero kissing her awake next episode then we have a Pretear end.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 28, 2016 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
Akarioru said:
I don´t know why but this is giving me a lot of Pretear anime feels:
Harem of boys, flowers and snow. If it ends with main hero kissing her awake next episode then we have a Pretear end.

I'm sorta getting the Pretear feel as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2013
Damn, that was sad! :(
Jan 5, 2017 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Guess it somewhat turned into Sleeping Beauty, but damn, this episode took a dark turn

Nov 18, 2017 12:58 AM

May 2013
Hmmmmmm. I really like how somber this episode played out, but it seems a little out of place since the rest of this anime was a little childish and lighthearted :/

I like the different type of scene/mood that this harem gives out towards the end compared to other harem series that make me want to bump it up one, but I'm really not sure yet lulz. We'll see how the final ep does, I suppose. Before I give my final score

I'm sure it'll end with a happy ending where the princes all manage to save the princess in that magic trap realm she's in haha
Jun 7, 2021 6:51 PM
Apr 2021
TEIKA JUST CALL HER KOHANA AND KISS HER AND GET MARRIED AND HAVE KIDS AND LOVE YOUR LIFE!!!

Also i think that the same thing happened to kohana's mom but she died instead of possibly be saved
Aug 1, 2021 10:03 AM

Jan 2021
This has become so dark O_O
But I hope she will wake up..

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic-Kyun! Renaissance Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

30 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 16, 2023 2:30 PM

Poll: » Magic-Kyun! Renaissance Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2016

16 by CalmTeaTime »»
Aug 1, 2021 8:59 AM

Poll: » Magic-Kyun! Renaissance Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2016

18 by CalmTeaTime »»
Aug 1, 2021 8:42 AM

Poll: » Magic-Kyun! Renaissance Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2016

33 by CalmTeaTime »»
Aug 1, 2021 8:18 AM

Poll: » Magic-Kyun! Renaissance Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

20 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jul 31, 2021 11:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.