Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2016 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mind games continue with Yuri trying to get Yuya to give up...interesting.

One other interesting I noticed during this duel is that Yuri used an action card. Wasn't expecting that all. Poor Yuya, I feel bad for him. His despair continues...

I like how Yuya's friends are trying to get him to regain himself.
GG Yuri. Finally he suffers on-screen defeat, about time. That awakening though :o
Stark700Dec 18, 2016 12:55 AM
Dec 18, 2016 1:43 AM
Jun 2011
this was crazy episode and zarc awakening was frightening this merge
Dec 18, 2016 3:36 AM

Oct 2016
The whole thing was epic. The dimension merging looks more interesting than I imagined.

Yuya had the full red eyes for a moment, just like the other counterparts, but he manages to resist the awakening.

Yuri brushes everyone off with dark powers. I'm sick of his creepy faces and that lip licking scene. As I predicted Yuya discarded Smile World to save his skin and felt really bad about it afterwards, but everyone manages to convince him that they all trust in him and that the fate of the world lies in his hands.

And it's been a while since we last heard the ''Swing, Pendulum of Souls'' OST which was used epically when Yuya gathered the dragons. I also liked how he countered Yuri with that mouse and Clear Wing.

And is that an evil version of Smile World Yuri used?!

Also, I like how Yuri loses his smug face and all of his cool when Yuya uses the mouse again and Yuri learns what the effect of Odd-Eyes is, all made complete with the epic OST coming back after being interrupted by Yuri earlier.

And Yuri FINALLY loses... only for Zarc to resurface in full dragon form using the revived Astrograph (bonus for the dimensions now being visible in the background). Also, Yuya's pendant flying off might be of some importance during future episodes.

Next episode: Zarc looks cracked just like Madara did when he revived, and I don't like the design of that humanoid dragon form that can be seen when Zarc lands in front of Sora and Edo. I hope it doesn't stick on him. Yeah, and Sora and Edo lose the duel 100%. How this is going, the writers are going to make all of the Lancers lose to Zarc one by one, until Ray revives to stop him.
Dec 18, 2016 3:49 AM
Apr 2013
Tigerdrenalin said:
The whole thing was epic. The dimension merging looks more interesting than I imagined.

Yuya had the full red eyes for a moment, just like the other counterparts, but he manages to resist the awakening.

Yuri brushes everyone off with dark powers. I'm sick of his creepy faces and that lip licking scene. As I predicted Yuya discarded Smile World to save his skin and felt really bad about it afterwards, but everyone manages to convince him that they all trust in him and that the fate of the world lies in his hands.

And it's been a while since we last heard the ''Swing, Pendulum of Souls'' OST which was used epically when Yuya gathered the dragons. I also liked how he countered Yuri with that mouse and Clear Wing.

Also, I like how Yuri loses his smug face and all of his cool when Yuya uses the mouse again and Yuri learns what the effect of Odd-Eyes is, all made complete with the epic OST coming back after being interrupted by Yuri earlier.

And Yuri FINALLY loses... only for Zarc to resurface in full dragon form using the revived Astrograph (bonus for the dimensions now being visible in the background). Also, Yuya's pendant flying off might be of some importance during future episodes.

Next episode: Zarc looks cracked just like Madara did when he revived, and I don't like the design of that humanoid dragon form that can be seen when Zarc lands in front of Sora and Edo. I hope it doesn't stick on him. Yeah, and Sora and Edo lose the duel 100%. How this is going, the writers are going to make all of the Lancers lose to Zarc one by one, until Ray revives to stop him.

Completely agree with everything you said. This episode, everything is just so epic! This episode is better than I imagine. I will be too long if I say what I feel about this episode. There are so many things that I want to say about how great this episode is...! XD

Though, my excitement for the next episode is ruined in half because of Zarc's humanoid dragon design. I really hate his design. If they really want to make him look like a monster, at the very least, remove Yuya's goggles. I was hoping to finally see Zarc's real face, but I guess it won't be revealed for a long time... Don't tell me they'll reveal his face only when the series is about to end...(_ _lll)
Dec 18, 2016 6:15 AM
Jun 2011
Frost190 said:
Tigerdrenalin said:

Completely agree with everything you said. This episode, everything is just so epic! This episode is better than I imagine. I will be too long if I say what I feel about this episode. There are so many things that I want to say about how great this episode is...! XD

Though, my excitement for the next episode is ruined in half because of Zarc's humanoid dragon design. I really hate his design. If they really want to make him look like a monster, at the very least, remove Yuya's goggles. I was hoping to finally see Zarc's real face, but I guess it won't be revealed for a long time... Don't tell me they'll reveal his face only when the series is about to end...(_ _lll)
think about it all 4 of the yuyas fused so it was clear that he zarc look like and have the face of one of them at least
Dec 18, 2016 7:48 AM
Apr 2013
elior1 said:
Frost190 said:

think about it all 4 of the yuyas fused so it was clear that he zarc look like and have the face of one of them at least

Of course I know that he will definitely resembles either Yuya (and Yuto and Yugo) or Yuri (he is the only counterpart who has different eyes), and I already saw the illustration drawn by the animator, but what I meant is I still want to see it on screen, animated. Plus, even though they're sharing the same face, with that hair, attire, and the fact Zarc is older, I'm sure I'll feel different once I see his face.
Dec 18, 2016 11:00 AM
Feb 2016
HOLY FLIPPING FLIP FLAP, THAT WAS INTENSE!!!

Seriously, Yuri's crazy faces and laughter this episode were even more over-the-top than Vector, Yuya's transformation into Zarc was amazing and--I just can't wait for next episode now.
Dec 18, 2016 12:13 PM

Sep 2016
zarc is silver haired in flashback, but from illustration and preview, yuya-zarc looks SO UGLY holy shit like shitty devil jin with yuya's hair
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 18, 2016 1:11 PM

Sep 2011
I haven't felt this happy and... hmm, satisfied? Anyway extremely euphoric about Arc-V for a while! My whole body was reacting to it and I couldn't stop moving around! ^_^ I can still feel the excitement even after almost 1 hour after watching.

I'm crazy for every part of this episode. The animation, the voice acting, the duel itself... And it wasn't only because of Yuri. Super, super based OnoKen, this is why I love the guy way too much lol. I also loved it that when Yuri started losing he completely lost his shit and just switched into pure Vector-territory face mode. YGO nutcase villains are so top-tier every time.

"I... lost...?" And then all of that super, super psycho laughing. Ahhh. YURI MADE ARC-V GREAT AGAIN

And oooooh, I finally get what Yuya's Pendulum was for, aside for creating EM monsters: holding off Zarc! Now that the pendulum is out of the game he's not gonna regain himself for a while. The awakening is complete and the Doomsday is coming. :P Oh boy does Zarcyuya look so ugly in the dragon form. Not what I expected him to look like, but it's at least better than Don Thousand!
RukaliiniDec 18, 2016 1:36 PM
>tfw Youtube can't let me have nice things

Dec 18, 2016 1:17 PM

Jul 2016
The animation is super crisp, it's been a while since we had such good animation.

Yuri is fucking nuts, this episode he reaches Vector level.

Plot Twist! Yuya is the bad guy now (nice)!

Why does he look like a garogyle though....?

Anyway, great Ep.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Dec 18, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2013
Yuya won, but it seems that Zarc is back.
Dec 18, 2016 5:29 PM
Apr 2013
HitSquare said:
The animation is super crisp, it's been a while since we had such good animation.

Anyway, great Ep.

Unfortunately this will be the last time we'll see such a great animation, because Ebina, the animator, won't do any animation for Arc-V after this episode (TT_TT)
Dec 18, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2015
I guess you can say Yuya put YURI ON ICE!!!!!!
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The peasant is bound by the king. The king is bound by the peasants and their kingdom. But the Viking is bound to nothing but themselves.

Dec 19, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2016
Oh damn what a twist.

Yuuya was all badass in that duel and then the moment he won the darkness takes over and Zarc is revived.
Dec 20, 2016 3:45 PM

Dec 2014
Frost190 said:
HitSquare said:

Anyway, great Ep.

Unfortunately this will be the last time we'll see such a great animation, because Ebina, the animator, won't do any animation for Arc-V after this episode (TT_TT)

What?! Why're they leaving?
Dec 20, 2016 3:55 PM

Sep 2016
naschyamamoto said:
Frost190 said:

they can't egao anymore
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 20, 2016 4:57 PM
Apr 2013
naschyamamoto said:
Frost190 said:

I don't know the detail either. My usual source only mentioned that Ebina is leaving after this episode. I asked my source the reason of Ebina's leave, but they haven't reply my message.
Dec 21, 2016 5:52 AM
Sep 2012
Well I got what I wanted just in time for Christmas Yuri went down finally. Though the duel did end a little too quick for my liking. I know time is a factor with the whole dimension combining but still, this duel should have lasted long, this is Yuri were are talking about, one of the major villains of this series.

That being said, in a weird way Yuri won, he got Yuya to for shake his believes, and duel just to win, and that is all we needed to get Zarc.

Looks like Ray might not even show up, way to go Leo, all that trouble for nothing, you killed your daughter by what you did to Yuzu, Serena, Ren, and Ruri as they were Ray, but now they are gone, Ray is not here, so way to go.
Dec 21, 2016 6:33 AM
Apr 2013
blfan said:
That being said, in a weird way Yuri won, he got Yuya to for shake his believes, and duel just to win, and that is all we needed to get Zarc.

It's actually Reiji who told Yuya to focus only to win (a suggestion that Yuya decided to follow), so even though he didn't mean to, Reiji was partly responsible for Zarc's awakening. Once Zarc reveals that this was what helped him to take control of Yuya, I don't think Reiji and the others will take it well.
Dec 21, 2016 11:16 PM
Jun 2011
blfan said:
Well I got what I wanted just in time for Christmas Yuri went down finally. Though the duel did end a little too quick for my liking. I know time is a factor with the whole dimension combining but still, this duel should have lasted long, this is Yuri were are talking about, one of the major villains of this series.

Looks like Ray might not even show up, way to go Leo, all that trouble for nothing, you killed your daughter by what you did to Yuzu, Serena, Ren, and Ruri as they were Ray, but now they are gone, Ray is not here, so way to go.
in the preview we see someone in big a ball of light which i believe is ray
Dec 22, 2016 12:00 AM
Apr 2013
Just got good news...
Mar 19, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
About time we get to see the dimensions merging and about time Yuri got beaten.
Wonder where this is going to lead to though.
Apr 28, 2019 9:10 PM

Dec 2012
Edo didn't get turned into a card.
Kaito didnt get turned into a card.
ARC-V activation confirmed. Roll credits.
Roll credits.
Roll credits.
Ray got oppai.
Roll credits.
lol Yuri out-Action card Yuya.
Edo and Sora arrive.
Isolation dome.
Earth.
Roll credits.
Reiji tells Yuya to focus on winning.
Yuri blew them all away.
Yuri out-Action card Yuya again. lol
Yuya discarded Smile World.
Shun found Kaito. lol
Yuya took back Dark Rebellion.
Now Yuya took Clear Wing.
lol at Yuri's "Tch!"
lol at Flatrat. Kawaii.
LMAO Yuri doing the Yami Malik face.
lol at Yuri's "Wha?"
Odd Eyes attack returned to normal.
Battle da!
Yuri finally loses.
Yuya's voice.
Yuya's face.
Yuya's pendulum.
Yuya's pendulum cards.
It's that monster again.
Dat ending!

LMAO! Reiji heard the story of Zarc and still gave Yuya the wrong advice. Also, Ebina episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 15, 2020 5:45 PM

Feb 2014
Well, trap mimic seems good, huh?

Pretty good duel, Yuya won with Yuto's and Yugo's dragons on his side.
Jul 26, 2022 4:32 AM

Jul 2013
Kensho Ono you talented bastard, I hope someone paid you extra and took you to a dinner after these 2 episodes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 132 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 16, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 127 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2016

39 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 120 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

37 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 15, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.