Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On Episode 12 Discussion

Dec 17, 2016 8:28 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Wow, even the "Senior" Riders are intending to come along with Lute and friends to protect the village. This showing how bad the situation is when the village is in danger especially by the blighted Nargacuga.
It's a totally bad situation, even Dan and other teachers have to go after the Nargacuga in the forest instead of waiting it come to the village.
And about Cheval's mom...

Dec 17, 2016 11:20 PM

Good episode.

It was a bad idea to try and confront the Nargacuga in the forest without a plan.

Damn, The blighted Nargacuga is destroying the village.
It was nice of Cheval's Mom to want to protect her son's egg, I really hope she survives. Wonder if the Lioleia will hatch soon.

Dec 18, 2016 7:32 AM
I was not expecting an actual human death in this show.

Dec 18, 2016 9:10 AM
Right? I wasn't either. It's not a Madoka level tone shift but it did come as a surprise, so kudos to the show for that.

After watching I decided to look up Cheval's character from the video game this is based on and they might do some interesting things with his character that I'm a little excited for if they go that route. But, to be honest, I don't think the show will continue this type of theme, which is fine, but it's weird that they introduced it at all if they're not gonna at least attempt to keep it up. I guess we'll see.

Dec 21, 2016 1:27 AM
blackrose108 said:
Right? I wasn't either. It's not a Madoka level tone shift but it did come as a surprise, so kudos to the show for that.

After watching I decided to look up Cheval's character from the video game this is based on and they might do some interesting things with his character that I'm a little excited for if they go that route. But, to be honest, I don't think the show will continue this type of theme, which is fine, but it's weird that they introduced it at all if they're not gonna at least attempt to keep it up. I guess we'll see.

I played and beat the game and it's why I'm still watching the anime... I really hope they will adapt the story from the game. Almost gave up hope after 10 pretty dull episodes, but it seems things might finally get a little exciting. I really hope they don't mess it up and keep up with the serious tone of the source material and don't chicken out.

I also noticed something weird about Navirou in this episode... It's like he's become an entirely different character? I mean he begged Ms. Vlau for a souffle instead of a donut. And he wasn't super annoying. The bonding between Lute and Navirou was a bit forced though. Seems like they're finally going to try and turn Navirou into a likeable character. Which is great, because he's probably my favorite character in the game, while I really hate him in the anime so far...

Dec 21, 2016 7:35 AM
kubus said:
blackrose108 said:

I played and beat the game and it's why I'm still watching the anime... I really hope they will adapt the story from the game. Almost gave up hope after 10 pretty dull episodes, but it seems things might finally get a little exciting. I really hope they don't mess it up and keep up with the serious tone of the source material and don't chicken out.

I also noticed something weird about Navirou in this episode... It's like he's become an entirely different character? I mean he begged Ms. Vlau for a souffle instead of a donut. And he wasn't super annoying. The bonding between Lute and Navirou was a bit forced though. Seems like they're finally going to try and turn Navirou into a likeable character. Which is great, because he's probably my favorite character in the game, while I really hate him in the anime so far...

Well with 48 episodes I doubt the serious tone will continue the entire way. But at least there will be an overarching narrative to call back to every couple of episodes. (I wonder why this anime is so long though...seems kind of unnecessary to drag it out).

And as for Navirou, I really hope what you say is true about the games and they try and make him more likable because he's one of the main reasons why this anime is rather annoying at times. He falls into that annoying sidekick troupe that kids animes feel like they have to fulfill for some reason. I don't know how he is in the game but anything's better than what we're getting now.

Dec 22, 2016 9:13 PM
kubus said:
blackrose108 said:

i never played the game, but i was surprised by the amount of ppl that said that navirou is their fav character.
cuz in the anime he only ve'been annoying so far. (safe for this episode)

about the episode, narga is my favorite monster, so, seeing it destroying things, best thing ever.
and cheval's mon died? like realy? i thought that they would show she being carted back to the sanctuary. xD