Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 19, 2016 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
The tonal change this episode was amazing.
Dec 19, 2016 11:31 PM
May 2009
OK first off, I would like to thank Akira Toriyama for making Dragon Ball =D
Now according to my own theory, who else think this Goku is the Goku of Universe 6? The main catch for the viewers to believe that this Goku is Universe 7 is the first few minutes of the episode where Vegeta and Whis are training. After that scene, that also ends the story of Universe 7 and starts with Universe 6.

After the tournament, Beerus wished for 'something' he didn't specify the details of the wish but it has something to do about the revival of the Earth of Universe 6. Vados told Champa that Earth in Universe 6 has appeared again and has the same culture as Universe 7.

Normals won't be able to travel across the multiverse without using the Champa's Cube or the cube that Whis and the others used to travel for the Tournament. It was also mentioned that Hit and Frost are aiming to get their prize (Champa's Cube). Frost's main objective is to use it so that even God's won't be able to catch him. So that Hit from Universe 6 shouldn't be in Universe 7 and kill Goku unless a God helped him go there.

Now, you can see Hit going easy with U6 Goku because he doesn't know how to use his power as U7 Goku does. You all know that Goku always does go All Out whenever he fights especially if HE KNOWS his enemy. He would go Kaio Ken and Super Blue along with it right away if it is Hit. Hit uses a new technique, is because the U6 Goku couldn't follow up to the newly evolved skills of Hit ever since he fought U7 Goku w/ Kaio Ken. This could be a training executed by Vados or Champa in order to bring out U6 Goku's full potential.

In the preview of the next episode, you will notice what Gohan has told us that it isn't the first time that Goku died. And this time, it will show you how Hit first encountered the Universe 6 Goku and their first battle.

I edited out some stuff that aren't necessary. This can be something or nothing in few more days to come XD
Just my own typical idea. =D Peace out!
cyrelleboa7Dec 20, 2016 10:56 PM
Dec 20, 2016 4:50 AM

Oct 2011
@cyrelleboa7

I don't understand very well... ^^'
you pointed some "differences" that make you believe this isn't the Earth of U7, right? ... like the absense of Vegeta and Trunks... or the fact of Goku didn't had used kaioken with SSJ Blue (although, Goku hardly use all his strenght from the start... I mean, he didn't used this combination even against Zamasu until the very end ^^' ... anyway)

but, the only way of this be U6, is if Beerus had wished for a exact copy of the current Earth (with the same individuals)... and if were the case, there's no point in consider those "differences" as some kind of "evidence" of this don't be the Earth of U7 ^^' (if the wish was a "copy", Vegeta and Trunks would exist, and Goku would know how to use kaioken with SSJ Blue ^^' )

and, if I'm not wrong, Hit won the cube thing from Vados, as "payment" for had participated in the tournament, so he actually can travel between universes by himself
Dec 20, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2015
When Bulma hit Son Goku with the vehicle while he was holding the fish... nice reference to the first episode of Dragonball!

Husseinala00 said:
Man fuck toei for that shitty animation
I think Hit took an early assassination job before the episode started and the ramification are... he killed this and next animation budget. XD
Dec 20, 2016 10:42 AM
May 2009
Ronin-errante said:

and, if I'm not wrong, Hit won the cube thing from Vados, as "payment" for had participated in the tournament, so he actually can travel between universes by himself

That too, if Hit won the cube thing then all my statement will come to waste haha. But there is still possibility cuz Akira Toriyama is a normal human being XD.

Also, you've got a point, I didn't need to point out some differences if Beerus actually wished for an exact copy of Earth and its inhabitants. If this is all true then the upcoming tournament will be more chaotic and messed up XD

cyrelleboa7Dec 20, 2016 12:07 PM
Dec 20, 2016 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
cyrelleboa7 said:

Back to Earth Universe 6, if Beerus wished a copy of the Earth's Universe 7 to Universe 6 and only Whis knows too well what Beerus has wished for. Then why Goku is there and Vegeta isn't? That's the main hole of this theory but we will find out in the upcoming episodes.

Vegeta was training with Whis..

Anyway ,next episode the animation is gonna be crap..seriously why every time when Hit is fighting the animation sucks...at the tournament when Hit fought Vegeta and Goku the animation was the same..he is to awesome to make him look like this..
Dec 20, 2016 3:00 PM

Mar 2014
Really liked the little bit of world-building in here with the cyber city where hit lives, and it's nice to see some new character designs, such as that boss that Hit was hired to kill, along with his cronies who wore those cool looking masks.

The whole bit with Goku being tailed by Gohan & Goten was also pretty great. :P

I'm sure everybody will complain about the representation of the power levels being out of whack, but I've long given up on that stuff. If they accurately represented their power levels at this point, the show would no longer be entertaining at all... it's just be a bunch of whizzing and nothing would actually be visible to the viewer. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief of that stuff for a more entertaining story and presentation.
::End of Transmission::

Dec 20, 2016 3:26 PM

Sep 2016
Wait what?? Goku is actually dead?!?! D:
Dec 20, 2016 10:32 PM
May 2009
Maverik said:
cyrelleboa7 said:

Back to Earth Universe 6, if Beerus wished a copy of the Earth's Universe 7 to Universe 6 and only Whis knows too well what Beerus has wished for. Then why Goku is there and Vegeta isn't? That's the main hole of this theory but we will find out in the upcoming episodes.

Vegeta was training with Whis..

Anyway ,next episode the animation is gonna be crap..seriously why every time when Hit is fighting the animation sucks...at the tournament when Hit fought Vegeta and Goku the animation was the same..he is to awesome to make him look like this..

Oh I happen to say that in my first paragraph.. =D But oh well I will edit out some parts that aren't necessary.
cyrelleboa7Dec 20, 2016 10:55 PM
Dec 20, 2016 11:06 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing calm and collected Goku is such a treat. Loved how he almost attacked the mail-man. Beautiful.

Its a shame this is only a small, in-between arc, would have loved to see more about Hit and his world, especially what he was doing with that pendent, hope that's explained next week.
Dec 21, 2016 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Nice, very nice. This kind of Goku is something I would like to see more often. Hit is also a great opponent, looking forward to seeing him more.
Dec 21, 2016 9:50 PM
Oct 2016
cyrelleboa7 said:
who else think this Goku is the Goku of Universe 6?

If universe 6 has a Goku, and that's a big "if", the he wouldn't be like the Goku that was shown, not by a long shot.

He's probably at planet Sadla, also, name's most likely Kakarotto.

Ronin-errante said:

if I'm not wrong, Hit won the cube thing from Vados, as "payment" for had participated in the tournament

#1) The prizes were there as an incentive to win the tournament, if it were just for participating, then Champa would have giving the team representing him no reason at all to even try to win.

Wich is as dumb as it sounds.

#2) Hit said he didn't want it anymore.

Was I the only one here that paid attention to THAT episode?

It looks that way.

If Toei shows Hit using the Cube, then not even they paid attention.

Wouldnt be surprising seeing as this episode is filler, apparently.
Dec 22, 2016 1:59 AM

Oct 2011
SSJ4Life said:

#1) The prizes were there as an incentive to win the tournament, if it were just for participating, then Champa would have giving the team representing him no reason at all to even try to win.

Wich is as dumb as it sounds.

#2) Hit said he didn't want it anymore.

Was I the only one here that paid attention to THAT episode?

It looks that way.

If Toei shows Hit using the Cube, then not even they paid attention.

Wouldnt be surprising seeing as this episode is filler, apparently.

Well, like I said, I don't remember very well ^^' ... (and don't care that much, at point of checking the episode XD )

anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if the writters just ignore and don't give a proper explanation to those details, like how Hit came to U7, or even who contracted him to kill Goku ^^'

anyway, I think is quite unlikely this be U6... I doubt that Beerus wished for an exactly copy of U7's Earth with the same individuals... (otherwise, there's no way U6's Earth be so identical to U7's)
Dec 23, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2013
I think toei purposely dont care about animation, and say, "hey its dbz, no one will care about the animation anyways."

Its been awful.
Jan 9, 2017 9:51 AM

Apr 2013
Oh boy, next episode's animation looks so whack, this will be horrible! :3
Mar 11, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2015
Since when did death became something serious? They can just gather the dragon balls and that's it, bring him back.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 26, 2018 10:11 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Did Hit kill Goku? i hope not, because the series will change a lot of!!! :/
Aug 24, 2019 11:58 PM

Dec 2012
Goku drops.
Goku is dead?
lol at Goten crying.
Goku.
Goku's trying to sense someone?
Roaches!
lol at Goku squaring up the mailman.
Vegeta training with Whis.
Beers.
Goku is the anchorman.
Gohan and Goten following Goku.
lol at Goten calling Saiyaman's clothes weird then wearing the shades like Goku did.
lol at Goku looking at but not looking at bra and pantsu.
Dat crash. Bulma always hitting someone.
Goku sidesteps Bulma after she tried to hit him. Bulma is shocked.
Someone is after Goku's life?
Hit.
Frost is wanted.
Hit killed him.
Hit's next target is... Goku?
Piccolo tells Gohan there are no secrets from him.
Goku knew it was Hit after him.
Goku goes SSGSS.
Goku can't hit Hit.
Dat punch.

Now how can someone from Universe 6 know about Goku who is from Universe 7 enough to want to assassinate him? Plus, how can Hit travel between dimensions? Even if this was Universe 6 Goku....
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 31, 2021 10:01 AM

Jun 2019
Goku died again... This time through Hit's hands.
Dec 20, 2022 7:00 AM

Nov 2020
Can we get a spin-off series with Hit as an antihero? I would very much enjoy that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.