Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2015
Dragon Ball Super proved that it can be good even when it's not adapting Toriyama's manga but do you honestly think that this anime can as Kishimoto said "be better than Naruto" and achieve similar success?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2015
WHAT?! No, Naruto's success will not be surpassed by the foil of it. Never.
Dec 17, 2016 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Dragonball Super isn't good, just want to specify that. And no, This won't be better than Naruto.
Dec 17, 2016 10:33 AM

Jul 2013
Depends on whether he actually planned out his whole story in advance, or if he'll just start winging it like he did with Naruto. As long as he gives me complex character relationships, feels, and Pierrot gives us great action sequences like they've shown they can, it should be just fine
Dec 17, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
It depend on what kind of theme they try to gave this series.
Naruto already had an estabilished world building so all they need to do is to gave us something fresh about the theme and story.

But I won't be expecting much out of this judging from the movie, I got enough teen angst from the original Naruto and judging from the movie, it looks like they gonna pull the same stuff with Boruto, I don't know about how the manga goes tho.
Dec 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
tr1ckst3r said:
I don't know about how the manga goes tho.
The manga has almost finished readapting Boruto the movie xd
Dec 17, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2015
No I don't think so.

Dec 17, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
Dragon Ball Super proved that it can be good

Wtf did I just read ?
Dec 17, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2008
I just found out this is a thing. Holy shit, just let it die already. NARUTO's last breath was in chapter 698 and everything else was hot garbage. It's heartbreaking to see it continue.
Dec 17, 2016 11:02 AM

Jan 2016
i never knew baruto manga was going on....is it ?
what is hapening in it ? i only read the gaiden and watched the movie

is this written by kishimoto ?
Dec 17, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2009
Lustol said:

Wtf did I just read ?

Troll bait OR a tainted punchline? :D

I will give it a shot like anything else.
Dec 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
Hydrous said:

Right now it's readapting Boruto The Movie and no it's not written by Kishimoto
Dec 17, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2016
Zinzoo said:
Hydrous said:

Right now it's readapting Boruto The Movie and no it's not written by Kishimoto

yea i too read it
till ch 7
its still the movie content
so there is gona be baruto episord after movie manga ends ?
Dec 17, 2016 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
Well, according to what I read, I mean those spoilers and those things...

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ShockedDec 17, 2016 11:53 AM
Dec 17, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2016
No never I don't think its gonna be success like Naruto
Dec 17, 2016 12:01 PM
May 2014
Poor Naruto's nipples must really be raw after all this milking, I hope that Pierrot is using Bag Balm at least.
Dec 17, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 2016
Lustol said:

Wtf did I just read ?

second that. and

No,it's going to be a huge flop believe it! Dattebayo!.
Dec 17, 2016 12:37 PM

Dec 2010
Milk_is_Special said:
Dragonball Super isn't good, just want to specify that.

LMAO
I couldn't agree more.
Dec 17, 2016 12:42 PM

Aug 2011
It doesen't really matter.. As long as x amount of people from expected amount y keeps watching it in Japan, they will keep airing it. It was already proven with Naruto anime, that you can pull the story out of your ass and go with 100% fillers for months.. They don't really need any canon content to keep releasing the series.

I suppose this will turn out like Pokemon/Cardfight anime with new seasons built from the remants of the original series. As long as there is a generation of kids who will keep watching, they can mass make these filler episodes and call it "original" till world's end.

It's not neccessarily a bad thing, but you'd literally be watching only fillers and call it original. I wonder how they will keep the quality of the show up..
Dec 17, 2016 1:04 PM

Oct 2015
I can imagine already 100 Episodes of Fillers being made, cuse manga doesnt have to much Material to be adapted, so yeh fillers of the Boruto The Movie....Incoming
Dec 17, 2016 1:05 PM

Oct 2014
Zinzoo said:
Dragon Ball Super proved that it can be good even when it's not adapting Toriyama's manga but do you honestly think that this anime can as Kishimoto said "be better than Naruto" and achieve similar success?

when did dragon ball super proved that?
all i keep seeing about it is constant complaining
Dec 17, 2016 1:18 PM
Aug 2016
No, I don't think so. Honestly I think of Naruto as a potential well ruined by Studio Pierrot and now they just keep using it as nostalgic element to earn money.
It already pisses me off when I think how much potential series had and how it is being ruined. And since it's not Kishimito so I further doubt.

And as for dragon ballsuper, if u would have said DBZ it would have made at least some sense. Even though it still is never passing on to next generation but same hero carrying on. DB super just proves that people are gonna watch and try to praise it no matter what. DB super can not even obtain has the intensity DBZ had. Bcz we all know there is a literalgod of destruction that could rescue anything in the end, and if that's not enough we have the Omni king.
Dec 17, 2016 1:20 PM
Aug 2016
0v33t1 said:
Do I believe it can be better than Naruto? Yes.
Do I believe it can be more popular than Naruto? No.

It's way too early for Boruto get an anime though..
Now I'm just starting to wonder what happened to Kishimoto's sci-fi manga.

It's not by Kishimito so I don't think it will interrupt
Dec 17, 2016 1:25 PM
Aug 2016
sighcoey said:

Dec 17, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
$$$$$$$$
Is all what I'm thinking.
Dec 17, 2016 1:30 PM
Aug 2016
0v33t1 said:
Nagato-Uzumaki13 said:

It's not by Kishimito so I don't think it will interrupt

Kishimoto said that he will MAKE the anime better than Naruto though, so I'm guessing he will be involved.

He will be watching but I doubt both parts, may be in execution but overall concept, characters and a basic goal, I doubt series can offer that much what Naruto had to offer and since it's still Studio Pierrot so I doubt execution as well.
Dec 17, 2016 2:09 PM
Nov 2016
It wont surpass naruto....But it will be good, at least if they ever finish with naruto, we can have something to fall back on
Dec 17, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2008
My question is how it will be related to Boruto manga?

I mean, manga is still stuck in movie land, will it cover anime plot next? That would totally suck lol.
Dec 17, 2016 3:49 PM
Apr 2016
I think this is just a big April fools joke.
Dec 17, 2016 4:20 PM

Apr 2014
Lol. Lots of negativity here. Well, it's not surprising considering the current filler-filled 4th Great Ninja War arc that wasn't even good in the manga either. Anyway, here's my answer.

Better than Naruto? No.
Better than Shippuden? Maybe.

See what I did there? Thing is, Studio Pierrot have proven they can make both shitty and decent filler. It just depends on the kind of filler Studio Pierrot can give Boruto and hopefully not make it 90% flashback like they did the 4th Great Ninja War. There is one last point to make.

Success of fluff?
Fluff. It can't succeed when it's predecessor has already warped the minds of the masses. These comments are proof of that. People are sick of Naruto and it's only the purists who still remember how much they "loved" Naruto back in the day who will still watch Boruto. Myself included.
Dec 17, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
Glandire said:

I mean, manga is still stuck in movie land, will it cover anime plot next? That would totally suck lol.

This is what the start is going to be and what they're thinking:

"The amount of recaps in the original Naruto anime and Shippuuden was such a HUGE success, let's recap the events that happened in the Boruto film and maybe recap some of the events in Shippuuden."

Honestly, if they do have the first 20 episodes as a recap ... I think they'll lose a big amount of viewers already but then again, people still watched Naruto despite so many flaws and fillers/recaps etc anyway.
Dec 17, 2016 10:27 PM

Dec 2015
It could definitely beat shippudden. That thing was a major flop. Naruto definitely not, that was one of the best series to date.
Dec 18, 2016 2:21 AM

Jan 2015
Zinzoo said:
Dragon Ball Super proved that it can be good even when it's not adapting Toriyama's manga

Dragon Ball Super is still Toriyama's thing, he is in the storyboard. DBS manga is made after the anime.
Dec 18, 2016 3:57 AM

Nov 2012
0v33t1 said:
Do I believe it can be better than Naruto? Yes.
Do I believe it can be more popular than Naruto? No.

It's way too early for Boruto get an anime though..
Now I'm just starting to wonder what happened to Kishimoto's sci-fi manga.

I totally agree, it can be great and I'm glad they're continuing the story line. I think they can do amazing things with this anime, hopefully they won't do a bad job.
Dec 18, 2016 5:18 AM
Aug 2016
Well it doesn't really have to be start from, Boruto manga or fillers. It could use Naruto Gaiden as a starting point. But still too early.
Dec 18, 2016 6:44 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Zinzoo said:
In terms of story and characters, hell yes. Most of the new gen are pretty interesting including the new Sand Team...The movie alone gave off massive Part 1 vibes and if they stick to that it'll be a success (Though I highly doubt that it will be as popular as Naruto was)

Mitsuki, Sarada and Boruto are not only prodigies, but if you compare them to Team 7 at that age, they're easily superior and in terms of likeability, they're

Mitsuki is just chill af and is generally a cool dude minus all that avenging and intense rivalry stuff, Sarada encompasses all of the good qualities about Sasuke and Sakura and is already the best written female character in the entire franchise and Boruto albeit starting off like a lazy cheater he has good qualities too and his attitude towards things and goal at the end of the film is not only refreshing but seeing where his journey will end up (Becoming a rogue ninja it seems etc, will be very interesting to see)

The issue here is that in a world where Naruto and Sasuke (Moreso Sasuke since Naruto got seemingly nerfed ever since The Last) are gods, it'll be tough to convincingly introduce big threats
TokoyaDec 18, 2016 6:52 AM
Dec 18, 2016 6:48 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
sighcoey said:

That is nothing but pure speculation lol....In fact I'm willing to bet that the whole twist about Naruto is just a huge red herring
Dec 18, 2016 6:50 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glandire said:

If the calculations are correct, the manga should be done with the recap by the time this anime drops, so maybe all along, the manga is just a comicalization of the anime
Dec 18, 2016 12:29 PM

Jul 2008
Boruto was the best name they could come up with?
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Dec 18, 2016 12:52 PM
Sep 2009
What?! They are seriously turning this crap into anime? Just stop milking it!

Naruto is over, the end. I could care less about their copy card children with half assed developed romance between main cast. Didn't bother with manga, not bothering with anime either.

The only relationship I care about is Temari/Shikamaru and the only kid I liked both design and character wise is Chouji's daughter. All other kids are crap both design and personality wise, nothing interesting.

We already went through children growing without parent, being a pranker and etc. No need to have round 2.
kitten320Dec 18, 2016 12:56 PM
Dec 18, 2016 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
Both Dragon Ball Super and Boruto are easy crash-grabs that have no soul.
Dec 18, 2016 3:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
AuraGold said:
Boruto is kind of a play on Naruto as well it being how a Japanese person would say "Bolt" which is what his name really is

The reason why his name is Bolt is because it pays homage to his Uncle Neji whose name means Screw in Japanese (You can pretty much put the symbolisms behind it together)

Another reason as to why Kishi named him Bolt was in reference to Usain Bolt (The fastest man IRL) and in a sense it pays homage to Minato whom is regarded as the fastest shinobi
Dec 18, 2016 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
Tokoya said:
AuraGold said:
Boruto is kind of a play on Naruto as well it being how a Japanese person would say "Bolt" which is what his name really is

The reason why his name is Bolt is because it pays homage to his Uncle Neji whose name means Screw in Japanese (You can pretty much put the symbolisms behind it together)

Another reason as to why Kishi named him Bolt was in reference to Usain Bolt (The fastest man IRL) and in a sense it pays homage to Minato whom is regarded as the fastest shinobi
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Its not as catchy as Naruto though lol.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Dec 18, 2016 7:34 PM
Jul 2014
This is surely going to be a dreadful attempt to milk as much out of the franchise as humanly possible. It's gonna suck, we're gonna hate it, but we're all going to watch it anyway. We can't help ourselves.
Dec 21, 2016 8:00 PM

Jun 2014
Bashoujo said:
This is surely going to be a dreadful attempt to milk as much out of the franchise as humanly possible. It's gonna suck, we're gonna hate it, but we're all going to watch it anyway. We can't help ourselves.

Yup. Because anime fans are no lives who complain about everything, but watch everything in their mother's basement. I thought the stereotype was made up, but sadly learned ts true.
Dec 22, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2014
Nagato-Uzumaki13 said:
sighcoey said:

sighcoeyDec 22, 2016 10:40 AM
Dec 22, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2014
Tokoya said:
sighcoey said:

That is nothing but pure speculation lol....In fact I'm willing to bet that the whole twist about Naruto is just a huge red herring

I hope you're right. Im actually hating Baruto series now because of that information spreading around the net.
Dec 25, 2016 1:51 AM
Aug 2016
[/quote]

Dec 25, 2016 2:59 AM
Jul 2009
I'm afraid it's going to be boring. Naruto was interesting at some point but the fillers killed all of the interest I had in it. I'm still watching, though, cause I'm kinda attached to the series - it was my first. I'm curious how it will roll with Boruto, but I do not think it will achieve commercial success. Rather, I believe it will be a flop, but it remains to be seen.
Dec 25, 2016 4:58 AM
Apr 2016
I wouldn't make any predictions. Sometimes spin-offs work, sometimes they don't. Nothing more can be said as of today.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.