Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magical Girl Raising Project (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 18, 2016 11:34 PM
Jan 2016
Ripple survived so what else can you ask for? Good time
Dec 19, 2016 12:41 AM
Oct 2012
JOELbedulla said:
Alsooo, the titles made no sense! They didn't had anything to do with the episodes at all.
Seriously, naming an episode 'File not Found' is stupid.

They were basically all named after mobile game lingo. It's pretty neat if you ask me considering that the entire series for this iteration was based on a mobile game.

Flevalt said:
The ending was not very conclusive or satisfying, which was to be expected from a Madoka-inspired anime that didn't really put much thought into the story aside from making it as solid a ripoff as possible.

This story is only the very beginning of a much larger picture. (the additional novels coming out rather soon after the first volume adds to this) There is not much similar to Madoka at all in the grand scheme and instead is more comparable to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Danganronpa than Madoka. The Madoka similarities are merely visual.
Dec 19, 2016 2:54 AM
Oct 2012
Honestly, if you actually watched the show, Fav wasn't indifferent at all (he's also more of a Monokuma nod than anything), he was an asshole who manipulated the 'tests' for his own amusement. Madoka has a very different way of going about things and generally headed for a very different direction than what MGRP ended up going towards. If you actually paid attention, I think you'd see that the similarities end at "dark take on magical girls".

Before Madoka even came out, the author that originally penned this already had a 'dark' magical girl story in mind in "Magical Girl vs. Yakuza" (she was 47 years old too) and the seeds were planted from there. He won some kind of Grand Prix with another novel but was asked about his next work which eventually became this. Originally, this concept began as a story in a high school set in a dystopian future where magical girls were made into food but that idea was soon scrapped for what we currently got which has developed into the rather modestly popular and ongoing set of novels.

Also please read the novels as that is where this comes from. This was not an adaptation of the manga and as far as the manga goes aside from the new spinoff series, it's just an adaptation of the LN.

zeohDec 19, 2016 2:59 AM
Dec 19, 2016 5:01 AM

May 2009
Flevalt said:
The only similarity between this and danganronpa is that there is an elimination match going on.

As a whole, this story is very similar to madoka.
Magical girls going around to save people, then the whole atmosphere changing to a darker tone, an evil little midget mascot acting like the magical girl's assistant that then turns out to be an indifferent magical girl slaughtering monster.
Aside from time travelling powers missing in this story, I wonder which aspect of madoka magica is not present in this story according to you.

But above all of these minor reasons, the fact that there are even dark magical girl stories popping up now to begin with can be lead back to Madoka. So, clearly, it's not only the show it's taken inspiration from, but Madoka is also the reason this and many other dark magical girl mangas even exist.

"Magical girls going around to save people"
No, in MadoMagi, they fight witches.
In MahoIku, they help people (not regarding good or bad people) to earn candies, then they fight among themselves.

"an evil little midget mascot acting like the magical girl's assistant that then turns out to be an indifferent magical girl slaughtering monster."
Fav sounds way more devilish than Kyuubey. Also Kyuubey grant you a wish before you become a magical girl.
Kyuubey do this "cruel" stuff to save the universe, Fav do it for his own pleasure. Kyuubey looks cute next to Fav.

"Aside from time travelling powers missing in this story, I wonder which aspect of madoka magica is not present in this story according to you. "
The allegory of naive young girls discovering the adults world? The choice to become or not a magical girl even knowing the bad aspect of it? The Deus Ex Machina enabling to save the magical girls from suffering in the end? etc

"the fact that there are even dark magical girl stories popping up now to begin with can be lead back to Madoka"
How about Princess Tutu? Possibly Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha too.
Dec 19, 2016 6:25 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
GanbatteBakemono said:
Ranxomare said:
All the truth revelated!!!!

Riple kill Swin Swin!!!

Sad final to my opinion, because all the way, 16 Mahou in the begining and ends stay alive only 2, Snow white and Riple ; _ ;

7/10.

16 in this incident and who knows how long Clamberry had been conducting these mahou shoujo trials as Master and killing everyone?

correct, you are right!!! And you give other possibility to do a new series prequel or Ova prequel, what was the first mahou master? ;)

Also, this event elapse in Japan, but in the rest of the world? Here they have an anime franchise kekeke
Dec 19, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2013
GenesisAria said:
Zefyris said:
Read post #101 on top of page 3, that's not possible. she cannot become a "master" that will create new magical girl just like that, and that wouldn't chaneg the fact that even if she could, she would just become one among many rather than the only one, so no authority on the others doing it.

According to what, the LN?

FA-B never said anything else that soem peoples say in this thread(lots of anime watcher seems to be wrongly interpreting what FA-B said about his "master") and yes, it's confirmed in the LN at the end of the first volume.
Dec 19, 2016 7:20 AM

May 2009
Flevalt said:
Djidji said:

In MahoIku, they help people (not regarding good or bad people) to earn candies, then they fight among themselves.

Same thing for someone that does not usually watch mahou shoujo anime.
They fight evil monsters to save people by combating in Madoka.
And here they save people by helping out in whatever problem may occur, as trivial as those problems may seem.
The point stands, they're doing what magical girls are typically doing. Which is to save others with their magical girl powers after transforming.
So, same thing.

No, just no.
First, fighting to save lives and saving lives ain't the same.
Fighting witches and fighting other Magical Girls ain't the same as well.

Flevalt said:
Djidji said:

"an evil little midget mascot acting like the magical girl's assistant that then turns out to be an indifferent magical girl slaughtering monster."
Fav sounds way more devilish than Kyuubey. Also Kyuubey grant you a wish before you become a magical girl.
Kyuubey do this "cruel" stuff to save the universe, Fav do it for his own pleasure. Kyuubey looks cute next to Fav.

You haven't been paying close attention to either story then. The evil midget cat from Madoka didn't want to "save the universe", it wanted to use the magical girls as a power source for his own race's benefit. He didn't have any altruistic purpose in mind like saving anyone. He was an indifferent little piece of shit through and through. And it's the same here. The mascot in this case did not even need the mahou shoujos as a power source or anything of the sort, but just played around with their lives for fun with no regard for emotions or similar. Yet it's not explained why "exams" even need to be held, so there might still be greater purpose to it that's just not shown at this point.

Kyuubey said:
Please don't misunderstand.
We don't do this out of ill will toward the human race.
Everything we've done is for the sake of prolonging the life of the universe.

If he looks indifferent, it's because he expained himself Incubators don't have emotions. That's why he doesn't understand humans' morals. He do it cause there is no other way to solve the problem.
In MahoIku, Fav is just a sadic.

Flevalt said:
Djidji said:

The allegory of naive young girls discovering the adults world?

It's a mahou shoujo anime. Does that ring any bells?

No, MahoIku doesn't explore that way just having magical girls who aren't teenagers. By no way it's an allegory of teenagers (magical girls) becoming adults (witches).

Flevalt said:
Djidji said:

"The choice to become or not a magical girl even knowing the bad aspect of it?"

In general terms, this is simply called the concept of self-sacrifice.
Which this anime had a lot of.

What I want to point out is that Madoka had the choice to become a magical girl knowing the pros and cons. Who incarn a concept of self-sacrifism here?

Flevalt said:
Djidji said:

The Deus Ex Machina enabling to save the magical girls from suffering in the end?

You mean bullshit plot for convenience's sake? This anime had none of that? Is that what you want to tell me?

No, I pointed out that this show was only pure suffering for the magical girls and nothing was done to lessen what happen about them. They could have use a power to revive the magical girls, which I would have highly disagree with, but it didn't.

Flevalt said:
Djidji said:

How about Princess Tutu? Possibly Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha too.

Very much possible as the origins of the genre, if that's what you mean. I'm not a fan of mahou shoujo series', haven't watched either of those.

But highly unlikely to be a direct inspiration for this work, considering the immense similarities between this and madoka and the fact that the latter is a recent, popular work that's quite controversial.
If the anime you mentioned were to be drawn from as inspirational works, I'd imagine this would not have been released 15 years later.

What is similar between the two is the setting, a magical girl with a (not so) cute mascot where magical girls can die, and that's it. The story got way more inspiration from Battle Royale's stories.
Dec 19, 2016 7:45 AM

Dec 2009
Djidji said:

They were made to, intentionally. It's more like Mai-HiME in that regard, than Madoka Magica.

@Djidji @Flevalt
In MahoIku, more than half the characters (including our proclaimed mc) are clinical psychopaths. If anything, that right there is the most original thing to this genre. That and the almost disturbingly realistic demise of each character.

Desensitized people won't get the impact of this particular anime, because it plays on the stark reality of extinguishing a life, more than most other violent series; largely in the way of how quickly and undramatically it can happen. It got viewers to both be shocked by death, and even egg it on regardless, despite how insane that notion is.

If anything, it's dangerous how contagious the idea of begetting death is (in the real world).

. . .
Arguing about a show's originality or concept origination is pointless, it will always be ambiguous. For all you know, the origination of concept could have started with the author from something in a completely different genre. Fer example, maybe the inspiration was the original Battle Royale, and they wanted to do it mahou shoujo style, regardless of existing dark magical girl stuff.
GenesisAriaDec 19, 2016 8:17 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 19, 2016 8:15 AM

May 2009
GenesisAria said:
Djidji said:

They were made to, intentionally. It's more like Mai-HiME in that regard, than Madoka Magica.

@Djidji @Flevalt
In MahoIku, more than half the characters (including our proclaimed mc) are clinical psychopaths. If anything, that right there is the most original thing to this genre. That and the almost disturbingly realistic demise of each character.

. . .
Arguing about a show's originality or concept origination is pointless, it will always be ambiguous. For all you know, the origination of concept could have started with the author from something in a completely different genre. Fer example, maybe the inspiration was the original Battle Royale, and they wanted to do it mahou shoujo style, regardless of existing dark magical girl stuff.

Oh, I didn't watch Mai-Hime. (Worth watching? :o)
Yeah, the castings of caracters differ a lot from a magical girl, and is rather close to a Battle Royale theme.

About the inspiration stuff, it's not important as long as it's not simply a slightly modified same story, and so isn't MahoIku. :/
Dec 19, 2016 8:21 AM

Dec 2009
@Djidji
Yeah, Mai-HiME is an old favourite of mine. It's got some awkward plot here and there, and is pretty different... Though holy crap, when you follow the verse (and proceed onto Mai-OtoHiME (Otome)), there is so much implied background lore that you have to try and figure out, that it's not funny. Right down to "are we really even on earth, if not, what happened before? where did the HiME star come from, and who made it?" There's piles of allusion in the Mai-HiME verse.

There have been plenty of Battle Royale anime, but MahoIku nailed the stark reality of death and psychopathy better than any i'vever seen.

Edit:
PS: another indication of Snow White's mild psychopathy is the fact that she never vomited or anything to sights of gore or people around her dying, she only trembled in insecurity and fear for her life.
GenesisAriaDec 19, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 19, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2016
Now that was an "incredible" ending for me , interesting in a way also. but also one of my first magic girl mind fuck serie ive seen xD but i liked it
Overall i do give it a 7,4/10 tho cause of reasons
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Dec 19, 2016 1:00 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so the final episode is among us

To think that becoming a magical girl will be to enter a death game where if you don't help enough people you will die both in game and in real life.
Man that's so depressing and hard
its no wonder that Snow white is depressed

Snow white really liked being a traditional magical girl didn't she
the fact that it become a death game really hit her hard
Especially with Ripples declaration that she doesn't care about being a magical girl as long as she can kill swim swim

Lol Ripple was wearing Top speeds cloak eh
Understandable since they were pretty close though Ripple would never admit it
The battle between Ripple and Swim was bound to happen given that Swim killed Top speed.

Having a dam on a stormy night as the scene of the battle feels appropriate
What is Fav's main goal though i wonder
Hmm so Fav was sent by the world of magic to choose magical girls eh

Lol Swim has a few screws loose
thats a understatement
Man Fav is one hell of a schemer though manipulating the girls like that

The fight between Swim and Ripple though is pretty good though
Both are combat oriented and both have reasons to take the other out
Though i hope that Ripple wins here though

Way to go to use different weapons and tactics against Swim Ripple
the last thing you expect a ninja to do is to use a firearm
So this death game is because Fav wanted the contest to be more exciting eh
man what a sick mind

The fact that Snow white who is neither strong in combat or magic is the one of the survivors is not that surprising since she can just avoid the obvious enemies and threats or by staying near strong allies.

Hmm using an area thats both dark and using sound against swim eh
Ripple took that advice to heart after all
Man the fights getting more brutal with the loss of an eye and leg

so the girl that Nemurin found that day was actually swim swim eh
and now i guess the game is finally over
glad that Ripple was able to get revenge for Top speed
but man losing an eye and a leg for it
that was brutal

To think that Swim was just a little girl though
one that was also pretty ruthless as well
Snow white wouldn't have been able to do anything had she been there anyway
and though cruel perhaps but im glad that snow white still kept to being a traditional magical girl that only saved people instead of becoming a killer

Lol well if a kick and stomp doesn't work
would a large bounder work better i wonder
Well surprisingly Ripple is very much alive lol and doesn't tolerate any badmouthing of top speed unlucky for you Fav

Lol Fav begging more mercy and trying to explain his reasons
not confident anymore are you
lol Ripple imploding was quite funny and long awaited fate

So snow white and Ripple are now working together then eh
well now with fav gone they won't die anyway
hmm a brief training session with ripple to excise any doubts left eh
Thats something Ripple is good at lol
But its nice to see that Snow white is learning how to fight though and how to become a better magical girl though

A good ending at least
Fav is dead and with it the death game is finally over
Snow white and Ripple can finally go back to saving peoples lives
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2016 1:30 PM
Oct 2012
GenesisAria said:
@Djidji
Yeah, Mai-HiME is an old favourite of mine. It's got some awkward plot here and there, and is pretty different... Though holy crap, when you follow the verse (and proceed onto Mai-OtoHiME (Otome)), there is so much implied background lore that you have to try and figure out, that it's not funny. Right down to "are we really even on earth, if not, what happened before? where did the HiME star come from, and who made it?" There's piles of allusion in the Mai-HiME verse.

There have been plenty of Battle Royale anime, but MahoIku nailed the stark reality of death and psychopathy better than any i'vever seen.

Edit:
PS: another indication of Snow White's mild psychopathy is the fact that she never vomited or anything to sights of gore or people around her dying, she only trembled in insecurity and fear for her life.

A lot of vomiting scenes were omitted, I believe. Like say, Tama vomited after she exploded Cranberry in the novels and so on.

Yet it's not explained why "exams" even need to be held, so there might still be greater purpose to it that's just not shown at this point.

Are you kidding me? It was literally just explained in the last episode. The original purpose of the exams and the 'new' exams got a bit more background. I hate when people try to stick around critiquing things and only want to get a certain point (MADOKA?) across without actually digesting the material.
zeohDec 19, 2016 1:46 PM
Dec 19, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2016
I remember a smash Bros. video on Youtube where Luigi won without doing anything, basically Snow White did exactly the same.

Not sure about Snow White leaving home but I'm glad that Ripple and Snow White became friends afterwards and thank god she destroyed the master device and got rid of that annoying critter.

And that is the end of a rather interesting and dark series.
Dec 19, 2016 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
zeoh said:
Tama vomited after she exploded Cranberry in the novels and so on.
Tama is a normal idiot with perfectly functional ethics, Snow White is not.

Dec 19, 2016 3:37 PM
Oct 2012
GenesisAria said:
Tama is a normal idiot with perfectly functional ethics, Snow White is not.

Honestly, they kinda effed over Snow White in the anime. A lot of scene changes and such that really shouldn't have happened.
Dec 19, 2016 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
Overall, I enjoyed the series but all my favorite characters died...

Hopefully if there's a season 2, the whole cast doesn't get wiped out.
Dec 19, 2016 3:41 PM

Dec 2009
Really dug Snow White's character change in the end. Also so glad both Swim Swim and Fav were slaughtered like the monsters they were >:3 One eyed Ripple is pretty hot.
Dec 19, 2016 5:49 PM
Oct 2012
Jotakak said:

The novels exist! A lot of nice characters in the cast but like this arc, there's a sort of SAO deathgame going on. It becomes less focused on killing in the book after and more about alliances. Though IMO it's better to not get too attached to the cast since no one is safe.
Dec 19, 2016 6:02 PM

Jan 2014
zeoh said:
Jotakak said:

The novels exist! A lot of nice characters in the cast but like this arc, there's a sort of SAO deathgame going on. It becomes less focused on killing in the book after and more about alliances. Though IMO it's better to not get too attached to the cast since no one is safe.

It's hard not to become attached when there's LGBT characters! That was my weakness! Good to hear though. I heard people compared this arc to THG and how it expands afterward. I'll pick up the novel when it comes to the United States in February.
Dec 19, 2016 6:12 PM
Oct 2012
Jotakak said:

It's hard not to become attached when there's LGBT characters! That was my weakness! Good to hear though. I heard people compared this arc to THG and how it expands afterward. I'll pick up the novel when it comes to the United States in February.

Sadly in summer 2017 it will be just the first volume released which is the same content as what the anime covered.
Dec 19, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2014
zeoh said:
Jotakak said:

Sadly in summer 2017 it will be just the first volume released which is the same content as what the anime covered.

Yeah, that's fine by me. I have enough stuff to hold me over.
Dec 19, 2016 10:16 PM

Apr 2015
to the people who are saying "it's just a death game filled with lolis", well guess what that's the whole point!

and now Fav is gone this mindless death match is also gone. what, are you mad the show is over since Fav is gone? you should be rejoicing if anything.

This is what happens when a person of authority (Fav) becomes this mind-twisted son of a fuck. You can argue that the grievances the girls went through is a reflection of the grievances the soldiers of WWII went through. The result of the twisted mind of their authorities that should be executed. But of course, history will tell you that they "fought for your sake" or whatever bullshit history books will tell you when in fact, it's just that these soldiers cannot disobey their superiors or suffer insubordination. There are no heroes of WWII, only vanity.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Dec 20, 2016 4:40 AM

Feb 2016
That was an overall underwhelming finale. In the end Snow White wound up not ever doing anything and won by default. We never got to see anything about the magical world and Fav didn't really get any comeuppance. And was it just me or was there an animation error where Ripple had her arm back on when she went to inspect Swim Swim's body but then lost it again when Snow White showed up?
Dec 20, 2016 6:12 AM

Sep 2016
That was underwhelming.
Was it seriously the last episode? Because it didn't feel like it, somehow.

I'm thinking 7.5/10.
Now I just have to decide if it will be a 7 or a 8.
Dec 20, 2016 9:14 AM

Dec 2016
7/10 for me.

It was an enjoyable show, I feel it was lacking something though, but I'm not too sure what. Maybe it was just because the deaths seemed too sudden, or that Swim Swim killed off all the characters I was starting to like idk. The ending was satisfying enough for me
Dec 20, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2015
Ripple did something other mahou shoujos should have done forever ago

I stand by what I said.

8/10 Good show. Can't get over Top Speed and Alice though..

Dec 20, 2016 6:05 PM

Jul 2014
Ah yes, the infodump. Meh show.
Dec 20, 2016 9:23 PM

Jun 2011
A few differences from the light novel, but the ending was ultimately forgettable just like the novel as well. Extremely anticlimactic when you think about it. Overall, I enjoyed the anime for the most part.
Dec 21, 2016 12:40 AM
Oct 2012
Such is the case when you only adapt one volume, sadly. I believe it was intended to at least go on for 2-3 'storylines' which is why there's this weird feeling of "That's it?" at the end of this chapter.
Dec 21, 2016 4:04 AM

Mar 2011
Enjoyable anime. I would love a season 2 where we learn more of the world of magic.

Debating reading the novels, how many are there and does it go far beyond this point?

8/10

Madoka Magika 2 was an enjoyable watch :).
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 21, 2016 10:08 AM

Jul 2009
It took so long to Snow White to take action!

Ripple was by far the best girl, I was sad thinking that she was dead, but I am glad the rabbit feet saved her! Fav is gone, finally!

7/10
Dec 21, 2016 8:10 PM
Oct 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Enjoyable anime. I would love a season 2 where we learn more of the world of magic.

Debating reading the novels, how many are there and does it go far beyond this point?

8/10

Madoka Magika 2 was an enjoyable watch :).

Season 2 would probably not go that deep into it but Season 3 would definitely, lol.

There are about 8 novels now and a few sidestory volumes as well. This anime was just one volume out of eight so there's a lot to read. It's much better IMO after the first volume.

Anime = Volume 1 = Arc 1
Volume 2+3 = Arc 2
Volume 5+6 = Arc 3
Volume 7 = Arc 4
Volume 9 = Arc 5
Volume 10 = Arc 6 <-- where we are now
Dec 22, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2015
For an almost exact copy & paste of Madoka Magica this was still enjoyable
Dec 22, 2016 5:03 AM

May 2015
This show started off really good, then kinda fell flat on its face around the later episodes. Fortunately, despite the many problems that I've had with this show, I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

Overall, Magical Girl Raising Project gets a 6/10 from me, it was ok.
Dec 22, 2016 5:22 AM

Jul 2015
Well, that beginning portion was pretty dang feelsy. The final battle, Swim Swim vs Ripple ends with a flash and that dang magical pet thing explains what this whole killing game was all about to Snow White. Fav is horrible at making friends and sucks as a person, funny watching it get desperate and everything before being destroyed. So now with two magical girls left, one has decided to fight all over the world I guess and the other is training her. I'd say this ended pretty dang well considering all they went through, 8/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Dec 23, 2016 2:21 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
So basically, every character was just a plot device. I did not really care about any of them, they had no development. The author focus way too much on the edgy theme.

Last episode was decent. So for LN readers, every arc is a different survival theme?
Dec 23, 2016 2:21 AM

Jul 2013
Read all the previous comments( which is always fun imho) and not suprisingly, they covered the whole spectrum. I'm gonna get to the point: I really liked it & will start reading the translations of the LN through MahoIkutranslationproject. Quick question: To the LN readers, I would start with Restart (2nd Arc?) or the prologue?(seeing as the anime did some things differently from the LN...) Wait...the manga & LN are they in conjunction with each other or stand-alone?
1L0can0Dec 23, 2016 2:26 AM
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 23, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2010
This is pretty much as a happy ending as you can get without coping out, Swim Swim is finally killed the way that piece of S deserved it, Ripple and Snow White live happily eve after (no season 2 please, don't kill the last two remaining girls I liked). Satisfying ending to...well how to put it? Interesting show? I certainly had moments where I wanted to punch something, even if it's just visceral hate, at least the anime evoked emotions. 6/10.
Dec 23, 2016 8:00 AM
Jun 2012
1L0can0 said:
Read all the previous comments( which is always fun imho) and not suprisingly, they covered the whole spectrum. I'm gonna get to the point: I really liked it & will start reading the translations of the LN through MahoIkutranslationproject. Quick question: To the LN readers, I would start with Restart (2nd Arc?) or the prologue?(seeing as the anime did some things differently from the LN...) Wait...the manga & LN are they in conjunction with each other or stand-alone?

My personal opinion is to start from the beginning since there will always be things that don't make it to an adaption. Anime adapted first and a few part fourth volume by the way.

If the manga you know is F2P then it's a spin off, you need to know the universe at least to read that one.
Dec 23, 2016 1:52 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, something like happy ending in that kind of a show? Surprising. Anyway, I think that despite the fact that the anime was good, the last episode could've been better. There wasn't a lot of action and a lot of things weren't explained.
8/10 overall
Dec 23, 2016 5:19 PM

Apr 2013
1L0can0 said:

If you decide to not read the first volume, then you need to at least read the extra chapter from volume 1 that wasn't adapted and is super important, it's a link witha lot of things happening afterwards.
Dec 23, 2016 9:00 PM
Oct 2012
Homura_ said:
So basically, every character was just a plot device. I did not really care about any of them, they had no development. The author focus way too much on the edgy theme.

Last episode was decent. So for LN readers, every arc is a different survival theme?

Honestly, not really? The first two 'arcs' are survival heavy with the second one being a game scenario where you die in that game, you die in real life as well but after that it takes on a few other genres. The third arc is sort of like a Hollywood film and the arcs that follow that are more like... factions fighting each other?
Dec 23, 2016 11:16 PM

Sep 2011
The show was good overall but somethings really pissed me off. The main character was horrible. I genuinely don't understand why they didn't even try to investigate the possibility of getting Fav to bring her friends back or turn back time or something magical to fix things once she was chosen as master. Even if Fav was uncooperative, there's gotta be someone in the magic world that wouldn't tolerate this shit - I mean Fav and Cranberry were lying in their reports, were they not? That just leads me to believe the magic world wouldn't approve of the murders. My point is at least fucking try to fix things rather than kill Fav immediately. I also didn't like the happy ending. It would have been better to leave off on a non-feel-good mood considering the events of the plot. It was fairly enjoyable though and that Nano song for the ending was great. 6/10.
Dec 24, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2014
Jordan_X said:
The show was good overall but somethings really pissed me off. The main character was horrible. I genuinely don't understand why they didn't even try to investigate the possibility of getting Fav to bring her friends back or turn back time or something magical to fix things once she was chosen as master. Even if Fav was uncooperative, there's gotta be someone in the magic world that wouldn't tolerate this shit - I mean Fav and Cranberry were lying in their reports, were they not? That just leads me to believe the magic world wouldn't approve of the murders. My point is at least fucking try to fix things rather than kill Fav immediately. I also didn't like the happy ending. It would have been better to leave off on a non-feel-good mood considering the events of the plot. It was fairly enjoyable though and that Nano song for the ending was great. 6/10.

You're angry because the main character is horrible for not doing something there is no reason to believe is possible? Really? Bringing back the dead, time travel?

And why would Fav bring them back? Fav wanted them dead. Did you not even watch the show?
Dec 24, 2016 7:11 PM

Jul 2016
Wow, what an ending.

I think I liked this show. It definitely kept me invested. A lot of the time, it felt a bit directionless, though, and I feel the show could have benefited from re-organizing/removing some of its flashbacks. Like, Magicaloid? Didn't need to know her backstory. It's totally banal, and adds nothing to her character, all it really did was signal "Oh, by the way guys, Magicaloid's going to die this episode!" Also, would've helped if some, or maybe all of the Ruler flashbacks happened before her death, that way it wouldn't seem they're trying to make us post-humously like a character they already made us hate after she's already gone.

Ultimately I didn't understand the point of Sister Nana and Winterprison, other than to pad for time, and force some feels. I was also really disappointed with how Hardgore Alice was handled, being hyped up as mysterious, unkillable, and violent, then it turns out she's a good girl, she just wanted to help Snow White. Her death was pretty anticlimactic, and kind of doesn't make sense in the context of the ending. So the rabbit's foot will revive Ripple but not Alice? Why not?

So, my final rating would be a 7/10. I liked the show, and I will watch a second season, but I don't see myself rewatching this season, and I can't imagine I'll be recommending it to a whole lot of people.
Dec 24, 2016 7:39 PM

Feb 2013
When Ripple was wondering if Swim was dead, I was like "Stab her! Make sure she's dead!" ...

I think I'll leave this one with 8/10 (very good). I wasn't sure if it would deliver at first since it revealed what this anime was going to be like, but it did deliver... the dead lolis! Good stuff.
Dec 25, 2016 5:50 AM

Nov 2011
noireo said:
fateoffate said:
Some changes from LN.

Snow White was supposed to follow Ripple immediately.
The thing about giving up being magical girl should have happened before Hardgore Alice died and it doesn't last long.
Also, Snow supposed to find out how to kill Fav by reading Fav's mind and give the signal to Ripple.
Use the Halberd. Snow throw the phone next to Ripple and then Ripple broke it.

Is Lerche trying to make Snow White unlikeable?

I am also quite sure that Ripple kills Swin Swin while being affected by flash bang.

Gee Lerche, last year you butchered Gakkou Gurashi, now this. Though Gurashi got it waaaaaay worse. I came here expecting Lerche changed something, Lerche lived up to expectations. They still got the music right.

Better version of Akame ga Kill. Akame is shit. I came here for the killings and got what I wanted. The way the villain killed Alice was impressive, unless you are the person who loves generic mindless/pretentious lots of monologues action shounen deaths.
ernstDec 25, 2016 5:53 AM
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Dec 25, 2016 5:51 AM

Sep 2011
Good show. I thought the action was very well handled, while the flashbacks weren't. Would love to see a second season.
Dec 25, 2016 3:47 PM

Jun 2013
Finaly its over. I was so pissed about Swim Swims Actions that I was thinking to take a break from the Anime. How could you make such a innocent child go on a rampage like this? Only cause Neru (the one in the dreams) told her she could be a Princess too???? Like wtf???
The end was a little bit to quick ended. They should take it into 13 Episodes. But yeah GG Swim Swim died and Ripple got her revange and payed for it. Now Training Snow cause she is the only one left. I hope they go for a 2nd Season but this Time with more Background and Story development. Rated it 7/10.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

254 by minimiau »»
Apr 11, 2023 5:11 PM

» Restart is getting an anime!!

mahoushaojiu - Jan 29, 2023

12 by Timcampy »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:22 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

233 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:19 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

204 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:47 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

251 by KillMeDaddyUwU »»
Jan 8, 2023 8:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.