Forum Settings
Forums
The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 3, 2017 2:37 PM
Nov 2015
Draconix814 said:
kamisu said:

Pretty sure that's only the first novel though. It's gonna take forever for all 7 of them to be released ;_;

If not, we riot.

You are killing me... well, I guess I'll have to live with reading it online for now... :(

And if it get's announced and it's Studio Deen?

Yep...it sucks ;-;

Then I'm forgetting the whole thing ever happened. Or shooting myself. Deen and A-1 are the last studios I'd want to adapt it.
Jan 3, 2017 7:59 PM

Sep 2015
kamisu said:
Draconix814 said:

You are killing me... well, I guess I'll have to live with reading it online for now... :(

And if it get's announced and it's Studio Deen?

Yep...it sucks ;-;

Then I'm forgetting the whole thing ever happened. Or shooting myself. Deen and A-1 are the last studios I'd want to adapt it.

I don't even think it is possible for it to be adapted by anyone other than Shaft so I guess it's nothing to be worried about...

But if the chances are that Deen, A1 or any other low quality studio does want to take the reigns I have no choice but to personally burn down their studio myself...

Well there are a few good things that A-1 has done including psychological mystery horrors like Shinsekai Yori, so I wouldn't completely dismiss it (until I see it) but I'd still be disappointed :(
Jan 3, 2017 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
>implying hakomari is easy to adapt in the first place and studios are willing to adapt it after so many years

How cute.
Jan 3, 2017 8:37 PM
Jul 2018
Considering I wanted to read this a lot and that I am not that big of a fan of reading online and prefer on paper I am really positively surprised, it has 7 volumes tho, it will take at least 2-3 years to translate all of it (in a very bad estimate) but still :D
Jan 10, 2017 3:10 AM

Feb 2014
This ln is too perfect to be adapted into anime :o

The strength is in the wording, adapting this might be too much imo, even by SHAFT. But oh well... let's see about it later.

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jan 12, 2017 12:02 PM
Sep 2015
Darek said:
Considering I wanted to read this a lot and that I am not that big of a fan of reading online and prefer on paper I am really positively surprised, it has 7 volumes tho, it will take at least 2-3 years to translate all of it (in a very bad estimate) but still :D

After the first novel releases it should be almost exactly 2 years until Yen Press finishes their release given their typical book every 4 months schedule.
Jan 15, 2017 11:49 AM

Feb 2014
Frostbytes said:
>implying hakomari is easy to adapt in the first place and studios are willing to adapt it after so many years

How cute.
+1 Also saying deen is low-quality, when it's outdone itself in 2016 and even this year.
Highly doubt it's gunna be animated tho, a typical 2-cour adaption isn't good enough. The format constantly changes through each volume, who's gunna bother touching it lol. Unless you make a movie for each volume/arc...hmm just maybe lol
GenocyberJan 15, 2017 11:56 AM

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Mar 19, 2017 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Never read it but I'll buy it :0
Jul 19, 2017 7:25 AM

Aug 2013
7 volumes in 2-3 years, they are slow af
Aug 7, 2017 2:29 AM

Jul 2014
Darek said:
Cyclone12 said:
After the first novel releases it should be almost exactly 2 years until Yen Press finishes their release given their typical book every 4 months schedule.
Freestyle80 said:
7 volumes in 2-3 years, they are slow af

And here I am, laughing in Polish (as I already read all seven volumes, in Polish) :D
mozgowAug 7, 2017 2:53 AM
Aug 7, 2017 4:50 AM
Jul 2018
mozgow said:
And here I am, laughing in Polish (as I already read all seven volumes, in Polish) :D
I could read them in polish too... But since 90% of polish translations suck, I rather not take a risk.
Aug 7, 2017 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
The English TL is pretty good, i have vol.1 preordered just to compare if its any big difference between the 2

read upto vol 3 so far
Aug 7, 2017 6:54 AM

Jul 2014
Darek said:
I could read them in polish too... But since 90% of polish translations suck, I rather not take a risk.
I noticed only two big errors in all seven volumes. In one instance the gender of person speaking did not match with the verb used, and in the other different word could be used to make it feel more natural in Polish. Other than that I did not notice anything wrong with the translation.

But to make more accurate judgement I should probably read the English translation.
Aug 7, 2017 10:33 AM

Jan 2014
Im quite excited for the release of the english manga.

Reading lightnovels on screen never rlly felt good for me. So i had to pass on like all light novels i couldnt buy. Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria was one of them. It seems this novel is quite good and the synoposis just give me the feels that it will live up to its ranking on MAL.

When the first translation is released, I'll be sure to grab one myself. So i just preordered one :3
Megalobst_UmuAug 7, 2017 10:56 AM
Aug 22, 2017 7:01 AM
Aug 2017
Ohhh that is so sweet) Just wow))))
Oct 1, 2017 7:39 AM

Nov 2012
Cover looks good :)

Oct 1, 2017 8:08 AM

Sep 2017
Im scared and excited at the same time.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 2, 2017 3:08 AM
Nov 2015
THE COVER LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING IM SO EXCITED!!
Oct 28, 2017 7:33 PM

Mar 2016
Well I'm hyped to read the official translation. I haven't seen any news on the release so does that mean whe can expect it to come out on the expected release date?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2017 2:37 AM

Feb 2008
Extect said:
Well I'm hyped to read the official translation. I haven't seen any news on the release so does that mean whe can expect it to come out on the expected release date?

Some folks already got their copy and mine is on its way to me, so yeah, everything's going smoothly.
Oct 30, 2017 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
Pre ordered this months ago and can't wait to read this. It's been a very long time since I've read volume 1 so i'm curious to see if I'll still feel the same way about it. I should get it in about a week or two.
Oct 31, 2017 1:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
My copy just came in. Since I'm busy at the moment, I don't think I can read it until after midnight. But yeah, by the looks of it, it seems like the translation quality is pretty top-notch. I was a bit worried at first since Yen On isn't the best when it comes to their localization qualities. But so far, so good.
Oct 31, 2017 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
Ordered it last night. Living in Australia...Have to wait a week for any shipping service to deliver it to me if I don't want to pay a fortune.

Well, I still have exams this week anyway, so I'm not complaining.

Next volume is February, then June, then presumably October again. So it'll be entirely released by October 2018.

I'm pretty excited to read this series yet again AND have it in physical form, so I'm willing to wait a bit for all the releases. After all, they are somewhat standalone stories. The wait between 3 & 4 might be ghoulish though...

I'm quite glad all of my favourite authors and works are getting official translations of their works suddenly. NisiOisiN & Eiji Mikage at the top of that list.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to tackle Romeo Tanaka...
Nov 7, 2017 4:17 PM

Aug 2016
Just finished reading Yen Press's translation, and I've gotta say I'm impressed. The story was translated very well. As an example, they successfully kept intact all the moments when some information was intentionally left out or when a wrong change in phrasing could cause plot holes. Apart from that, it's of relatively similar quality to the old fan translation in spite of their differences, but there is one detail that makes me prefer the Yen Press translation overall.

Nov 15, 2017 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
OmegaSwampert said:
Just finished reading Yen Press's translation, and I've gotta say I'm impressed. The story was translated very well. As an example, they successfully kept intact all the moments when some information was intentionally left out or when a wrong change in phrasing could cause plot holes. Apart from that, it's of relatively similar quality to the old fan translation in spite of their differences, but there is one detail that makes me prefer the Yen Press translation overall.

Good to read that they did a good job. From what little I know of Yen Press is that their translation are either hit or miss. I came back to this thread just to see if someone had already read their volume since mine just arrived.
Nov 16, 2017 2:24 AM

Nov 2012
Just received mine, probably will have a re-read this weekend :)

Nov 17, 2017 9:48 PM

Mar 2016
Hoshino_Maria said:
Just received mine, probably will have a re-read this weekend :)

Fancy you bought two physical copies
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2017 3:23 AM

Nov 2012
Extect said:

Fancy you bought two physical copies

Actually 1 is for a friend of mine :)
Dec 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Jan 2015
EusthEnoptEron said:
Extect said:

Some folks already got their copy and mine is on its way to me, so yeah, everything's going smoothly.

Finished reading the entire series after receiving my copy of the first volume. I gotta say, I'm happily surprised by the quality, with only two minor typos and I think one or two grammatical mistakes. It reads almost exactly like Eusth's translation, so I gotta say this:
Eusth, you did a wonderful job with the translation, thanks for all the hard work buddy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Volume 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

TheHollowShrine - Jul 7, 2015

253 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 26, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Volume 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

79 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 24, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Volume 5 Discussion

RadiGen - Sep 3, 2013

37 by Alvie48xi »»
Feb 23, 8:16 AM

» The missing volumes

Perfectrockstar - Jul 4, 2021

4 by EmrysTatari »»
Feb 8, 1:36 PM

» Anime Adaptation possibility?

DarkHumor04 - Jan 11, 2022

14 by Hikool101 »»
Nov 20, 2023 9:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.