Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 16, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2009
Did you know aspergers in women is completely different and almost undefinable by professionals than aspergers in men? That it's masked more by the women that have it and that its harder to even tell a female has it?

I'm only bringing this up because I've heavily suspected myself of being one for the longest time, and my parents recently showed me this blog, with many things to say about it. She even has a best selling set of books about it.

https://taniaannmarshall.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/moving-towards-a-female-profile-the-unique-characteristics-abilities-and-talents-of-asperwomen-adult-women-with-asperger-syndrome/

I'm not trying to advertise for her, but I figured there might be some odd girls out there (more likely on anime sites since anime is a heavy heavy obsession for some of us) like me with aspien super powers (this is just a joke), cat like features, and the immaturity of one as well. And no, i'm not trying to self diagnose, but the lady writes, if you're hitting on 80 percent or more of these points and relate, you're more than likely someone with aspergers, aka high functioning autism. Autism without nearly as many pit falls.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 16, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
Aspergers doesn't even exist. Get with the times, man.

Dec 16, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2009
Oh it most certainly does, and I'm a lady thankyou.

The sht posting on this site. At least try to be polite.

You can't disprove it exists, because it does. Not a lot of neurotypical people would go around watching 600 anime, reading a hundred books, and withdrawing into themselves for days, months, years. Therefore there must of been something different, and that sir is what is called aspergers.
Dec 16, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2014
I'm a woman with Aspergers

What about it?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 16, 2016 11:58 AM

Jun 2014
dakotasapphire said:

You can't disprove it exists, because it does. Not a lot of neurotypical people would go around watching 600 anime, reading a hundred books, and withdrawing into themselves for days, months, years. Therefore there must of been something different, and that sir is what is called aspergers.

The DSM removed Aspergers from its directory a couple of years ago. In other words, it's an archaic term, and something else has replaced it.

Dec 16, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2009
Comic_Sans said:

What about it?

It's just not common in women, and I was seeing if there were more of us on here... XD

The diagnosis is really different between men and women and the information out there is usually about the men.

Seiya said:
dakotasapphire said:

The DSM removed Aspergers from its directory a couple of years ago. In other words, it's an archaic term, and something else has replaced it.

Right... they changed the name to High functioning autism. There was absolutely no reason to call people with it 'autistic' when they're most certainly not that retarded and even have higher intelligence than most neurotypical people.

Edit: Okay. I meant ASD... Autism spectrum disorder... it's kind of silly really because they're completely different classes between lower functioning/high functioning (which is still dumb) and the geniuses/average intelligence aspiens.
dakotasapphireDec 16, 2016 12:02 PM
Dec 16, 2016 12:01 PM

Mar 2014
dakotasapphire said:
It's just not common in women, and I was seeing if there were more of us on here... XD

The diagnosis is really different between men and women and the information out there is usually about the men.
I know

Go to a psycholog or something if you want a diagnosis
Seiya said:
You're probably referring to the autism spectrum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 16, 2016 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
dakotasapphire said:
Comic_Sans said:

What about it?

Seiya said:

Right... with fking High functioning autism. There was absolutely no reason to call people with it 'autistic' when they're most certainly not that retarded and even have higher intelligence than most neurotypical people.

"Mild Autism" doesn't really exist. OCD, Bipolar, ADD, and ADHD are not disorders, they are "Tendencies," because they don't stop people from doing things that everyone else can do.

Expect to see this update in the DSM 6 later next decade.

Dec 16, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
Comic_Sans said:
dakotasapphire said:

I know

Go to a psycholog or something if you want a diagnosis
Seiya said:
You're probably referring to the autism spectrum https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

Yeah I just realized i was wrong. I meant asd... x(

No I don't want a diagnosis, you know what they do to people like us? They ban us from everything, there is no reason to tell the world I have it. And psychologists, now do have the right to report to the united states government if anyone walks in with a neurological disorder, more specifically an autism spectrum disorder. I do not want to be chipped like an animal. No i'm not being paranoid, this is truth.
Dec 16, 2016 12:06 PM

Mar 2014
dakotasapphire said:

No I don't want a diagnosis, you know what they do to people like us? They ban us from everything, there is no reason to tell the world I have it. And psychologists, now do have the right to report to the united states government if anyone walks in with a neurological disorder, more specifically an autism spectrum disorder. I do not want to be chipped like an animal. No i'm not being paranoid, this is truth.
Well

Good thing I don't live in the United States then
Nico- said:
Dec 16, 2016 12:08 PM

Aug 2009
Seiya said:
dakotasapphire said:

Right... with fking High functioning autism. There was absolutely no reason to call people with it 'autistic' when they're most certainly not that retarded and even have higher intelligence than most neurotypical people.

"Mild Autism" doesn't really exist. OCD, Bipolar, ADD, and ADHD are not disorders, they are "Tendencies," because they don't stop people from doing things that everyone else can do.

Right, the dsm is really a piece of sht book atm, and I don't really buy into it. It's catering to the masses, and trying to say 'it's okay to be obsessive and compulsive, it's not a disorder, it does not mess with your life.' Oh well, it does. It completely destroys a person's life to have bipolar disorder (manic depression), ADHD (less so but kids really suffer in school from this), the real classification for disorder really is 'desaray of someone's life.' Now I don't believe aspergers is a disorder, it's merely a form of the mind a lot of people do not have or understand. I do believe the rest you mention are problems that effect those people's lives in very negative ways. The dsm wants to be politically correct, but they're screwing people over that actually need help when they're saying that those disorders don't classify as such.
Dec 16, 2016 12:10 PM

Aug 2009
Comic_Sans said:
dakotasapphire said:

Well

Good thing I don't live in the United States then

Thank heaven and earth... good for you. I guess... Everywhere else sucks too, only in different ways.
Dec 16, 2016 12:14 PM

Mar 2008
It's not that is harder to tell it's that an average female isnt as far into the autistic spectrum as the average male so if they are further than most girls that only makes them closer to what an average male is. That would be like calling being a male a disorder. I'm not sure if they have different standards for different sexes or not but considering it occurts in males much more I assume that means they dont have separate standards for different sexes. So basically a girl hs further to go on the autism scale to have aspergers than a male does if we are talking averagees as a starting point. Oh also aspergers is no longer in the DSM it's just autism spectrum disorder.

This is somewhat random but related. Girls who have gender dysphoria ( trans-men) often rank higher on the autism scale than average females ( i forgot if it is more than males too).
Dec 16, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
dakotasapphire said:
Seiya said:

Right, the dsm is really a piece of sht book atm, and I don't really buy into it. It's catering to the masses, and trying to say 'it's okay to be obsessive and compulsive, it's not a disorder, it does not mess with your life.' Oh well, it does. It completely destroys a person's life to have bipolar disorder (manic depression), ADHD (less so but kids really suffer in school from this), the real classification for disorder really is 'desaray of someone's life.' Now I don't believe aspergers is a disorder, it's merely a form of the mind a lot of people do not have or understand. I do believe the rest you mention are problems that effect those people's lives in very negative ways. The dsm wants to be politically correct, but they're screwing people over that actually need help when they're saying that those disorders don't classify as such.

Using "Disorder" is more politically correct than everything. Don't let people tell you that you have a "Disorder" when you certainly do not. It's a "Tendency," not a disorder.

Dec 16, 2016 12:35 PM
Sep 2014
i can relate to almost every mental disorder.
Dec 16, 2016 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know too much about this, even though I'm probably at some level on the spectrum with autism, but I have been told by a psychiatrist once that everyone, at some level or another, is on the spectrum with autism. Even the manga-ka's and animators behind our favorite anime shows are probably, at some level, on the spectrum with autism.

I mean, even falling in love with a 2D waifu is somewhat autistic. I remember when I was younger I took crazy manic extremes, in so much that I would even adopt personality traits and behavioral habits of some of my favorite anime characters lol. Autism is real.
Dec 16, 2016 12:51 PM

Aug 2016
this is all I know about aspergers and now I'm hungry

Dec 16, 2016 1:04 PM

Sep 2015
well, considering i know 4 guys with autism (including myself) and no girls with it, it's true that girl's autism is much less common or harder to diagnose. i wouldn't worry about whether you have autism or not tho if i were you. either way, you'll still be the same person
dakotasapphire said:

No I don't want a diagnosis, you know what they do to people like us? They ban us from everything, there is no reason to tell the world I have it

this true?
Dec 16, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2009
so apergers can be categorize as neurosis (mild mental illness) too? im not familiar with that mental illness
Dec 16, 2016 3:24 PM

Feb 2016
Since when was a wordpress blog a reliable source to make a claim like this?
Dec 16, 2016 3:34 PM

Feb 2015
Mhhhhh.... What's better, living inside your head, or have some sort of symptoms that will, or at least give you hard shit in living to the reality?
Dec 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2016
Booceyboy7 said:
Symptoms of aspergers women: Small titties overweight no ass and if they like steven universe or anything of the sorts

End this thread now

goddammit idk why but I found that too funny

this just made me spit milk on my keyboard, thank you.
Dec 17, 2016 3:27 AM

Aug 2009
Inly said:

Are you kidding me, did you even look at the link?

She's an m.s.c... She's got a best selling book on aspien women... She's counseled many girls/women with aspergers. (ASD whatever you dumb fks) If you want to read her book go ahead, I'm sure it'll have MUCH more than just her blog post.

https://taniaannmarshall.wordpress.com/about/
Dec 17, 2016 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
Booceyboy7 said:
Symptoms of aspergers women: Small titties overweight no ass and if they like steven universe or anything of the sorts

End this thread now

My boobs are Ds thanks and I'm not that overweight and I hate steven universe that sht is dumb.

_Ako_ said:
Mhhhhh.... What's better, living inside your head, or have some sort of symptoms that will, or at least give you hard shit in living to the reality?

Aspiens tend to either escape or completely concentrate reality. I tend to be unable to imagine other worlds putting me into the category of hyper awareness and such stuff...

:/
If only we could all live in our heads more.
Dec 17, 2016 4:13 AM

Mar 2008
You could take this test. Its pretty long so you will need time to. I dont think it counts as a issue unless you both have autistic traits and are weak on typical traits because if youre strong on both that actually occasionally can be good depending on what it is.
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php

j0x said:
so apergers can be categorize as neurosis (mild mental illness) too? im not familiar with that mental illness

They categorize autism as a learning disorder. I've read a few things that think it's not too far off from schizophrenia though. A person with severe levels of autism I suppose you could call it neurosis but from what ive seen written from people with autism it sounds closer to schizophrenia or some neurological problem. Aspergers isnt so severe though.
Dec 17, 2016 4:21 AM

Apr 2015
It's less common but that's just related to hereditary genetics; Aspergers in women is literally the same as Aspergers in men, the difference being that a woman's brain is wired definitely so it has different effects on them. It's generally not diagnosed a lot simply because people perceive it as a lot less common, and even though it's less common than Aspergers in men, it's still somewhat common among women.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Dec 17, 2016 8:45 AM
Mar 2016
Seiya said:
dakotasapphire said:

that book is pretty useless for anyone who diverges from it, lol

also neuroscience is better
Dec 17, 2016 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
traed said:

j0x said:

They categorize autism as a learning disorder. I've read a few things that think it's not too far off from schizophrenia though. A person with severe levels of autism I suppose you could call it neurosis but from what ive seen written from people with autism it sounds closer to schizophrenia or some neurological problem. Aspergers isnt so severe though.

i see, ye i read about schizophrenia and autism similarity but they only seem similar when it comes to poor social functioning since autism does not have psychosis as far as i know

the odd thing about that isnt that autism have a lot of math geniuses though? so the learning difficulty maybe on other subjects?

Argument-Sake said:

agreed about neuroscience i hope with its new tools like optogenetics and this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CLARITY then advancements on that field will speed up already

but at the moment no matter how bad the DSM is like over diagnosis of people then its still the best diagnostic tool we have
degDec 17, 2016 11:22 AM
Dec 17, 2016 11:43 AM

Mar 2008
j0x said:
traed said:

i see, ye i read about schizophrenia and autism similarity but they only seem similar when it comes to poor social functioning since autism does not have psychosis as far as i know

the odd thing about that isnt that autism have a lot of math geniuses though? so the learning difficulty maybe on other subjects?

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/CarpenterAutism.pdf

Not quite psychosis but they have a different way of experiencing the world and both are caused by brain wiring issues. I would also argue they blend fantasy and reality a lot but in different ways from psychosis.

They can do well at certain subjects if it's just aspergers level autism or more rarely be super talented savants but not always and some are just totally dysfunctional in the father spectrum.
Dec 17, 2016 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
traed said:
j0x said:

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/CarpenterAutism.pdf

Not quite psychosis but they have a different way of experiencing the world and both are caused by brain wiring issues. I would also argue they blend fantasy and reality a lot but in different ways from psychosis.

They can do well at certain subjects if it's just aspergers level autism or more rarely be super talented savants but not always and some are just totally dysfunctional in the father spectrum.

i see and ye i heard some of them are savants/geniuses but on particular fields only
Dec 18, 2016 5:43 AM

Feb 2016
dakotasapphire said:
Inly said:

She's an m.s.c... She's got a best selling book on aspien women... She's counseled many girls/women with aspergers. (ASD whatever you dumb fks) If you want to read her book go ahead, I'm sure it'll have MUCH more than just her blog post.

I looked at the link. It's a fucking blog post. Where is the peer reviewed research?
Dec 18, 2016 6:01 AM

Jan 2015
Inly said:
dakotasapphire said:

I looked at the link. It's a fucking blog post. Where is the peer reviewed research?

Yea and it is a blog post by a woman with a Masters in Science on Autism and Neurodiversity. What part of that do you not fucking understand?
Dec 18, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2016
ModeratelyHuman said:
Inly said:

Yea and it is a blog post by a woman with a Masters in Science on Autism and Neurodiversity. What part of that do you not fucking understand?

Without research and evidence backing it up, everything she's saying is bullshit, whether she has a masters or a fucking GCSE. You don't get to go "Oh I have a degree so everything I write in wordpress is accurate, or even likely, without anyone else backing me up at all".

At best, it's an ad for her book, and might lean towards accuracy. At worst, it's literally her opinion, and y'all are over here taking it as the fucking gospel because "She has a masters degree!" smfh
Dec 18, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
Inly said:
ModeratelyHuman said:

Without research and evidence backing it up, everything she's saying is bullshit, whether she has a masters or a fucking GCSE. You don't get to go "Oh I have a degree so everything I write in wordpress is accurate, or even likely, without anyone else backing me up at all".

At best, it's an ad for her book, and might lean towards accuracy. At worst, it's literally her opinion, and y'all are over here taking it as the fucking gospel because "She has a masters degree!" smfh

Evidence? This is psychology. It is based merely on empirical observations. Do you want fancy statistics and graphs or some shit? Statistics that only an educated scientist or doctor related to the field would be able to interpret? I'm not sure what kind of "evidence" you're looking for since you're scientifically illiterate, like you would really understand what "evidence" means in this situation, or how the scientific community actually works.

And, if you are going to complain about "lol its a blogpost", it would make sense that you would have the mental foresight to further research the author, her work, her book, and the backing it has as something that is created with the help of multiple professionals in her field, and is something that has won an award from Australia's largest service provider for autistic individuals. Which of course, is an organization that is backed by the scientific community itself.

https://www.autismspectrum.org.au/aspectpractice

What more evidence do you need? You don't even understand what that word means. You sound like a brat in middle school that just learnt how citations work.
ModeratelyHumanDec 18, 2016 7:27 AM
Dec 18, 2016 8:37 AM

Nov 2009
Seiya said:
dakotasapphire said:

Okay so a few things wrong with this.

1) You are right about the removal of Asperger's but for the wrong reason. The DSM-V has started gradually shifting towards defining many disorders on a spectrum, allowing for flexibility in defining severity. Autism has made this shift.

2) Your criteria for being a disorder is wrong. The criteria for a disorder is 1) Abnormal behavior, 2) Causes distress and impairment, and 3) Culturally acceptable. - Whether or not the person has the ability to do any specific task that someone without the disorder can do doesn't matter.(unless you specify it to a specific task in which the disorder inhibits, granted that is not what you are talking about given the general way in which you are speaking)

3) OCD is perhaps the most severe anxiety-related disorder out there, in severe cases it can be considered one of the worst mental disorders one can have and is extremely resistant to any type of treatment. To consider it a tendency based on the Media's definition of OCD is just retarded. There are people who opt to get holes drilled into their skulls, and tiny electrodes inserted into their brain, just for something like a 15-20% chance that it will help lessen the symptoms . . .

4) Bipolar Disorder is similarly perhaps one of the worst types of mood disorders, exceeding that of Major Depressive Disorder, as it not only will typically include major depressive episodes, but will also have manic episodes which usually are similarly detrimental to one's life (become very impulsive for starters, especially with things like spending).

5) ADD / ADHD (both the same thing, the former just not including the hyperactivity / impulsivity criteria of ADHD), while heavily misdiagnosed (probably) in America, is by all rights a disorder. Educational outcome as well as life outcomes of those with ADHD are significantly lower, whereas with simply treatment those with ADHD average out.

Argument-Sake said:
Seiya said:

0_0

See here is the thing, it is hard to take someone seriously when they say "neuroscience is better" when referring to the DSM. Why? Because the DSM is purely a book used for diagnosing a mental disorder and does not go into the etiology at all (thus does not really discuss treatment either).

Neuroscience on the other hand (which by the way, is the majority of what new research is based upon, although even then it is by no means a gold standard as it is not very well understood) focuses heavily both on etiology of the disorder and what certain treatments (therapy or drug) do to the brain. The DSM and Neuroscience only semi work together to better organize the DSM. However again, you are mistaking the purpose of the DSM altogether.
Pirating_NinjaDec 18, 2016 8:41 AM
Dec 18, 2016 8:44 AM

Jun 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Seiya said:

1) You are right about the removal of Asperger's but for the wrong reason. The DSM-V has started gradually shifting towards defining many disorders on a spectrum, allowing for flexibility in defining severity. Autism has made this shift.

2) Your criteria for being a disorder is wrong. The criteria for a disorder is 1) Abnormal behavior, 2) Causes distress and impairment, and 3) Culturally acceptable. - Whether or not the person has the ability to do any specific task that someone without the disorder can do doesn't matter.(unless you specify it to a specific task in which the disorder inhibits, granted that is not what you are talking about given the general way in which you are speaking)

3) OCD is perhaps the most severe anxiety-related disorder out there, in severe cases it can be considered one of the worst mental disorders one can have and is extremely resistant to any type of treatment. To consider it a tendency based on the Media's definition of OCD is just retarded. There are people who opt to get holes drilled into their skulls, and tiny electrodes inserted into their brain, just for something like a 15-20% chance that it will help lessen the symptoms . . .

4) Bipolar Disorder is similarly perhaps one of the worst types of mood disorders, exceeding that of Major Depressive Disorder, as it not only will typically include major depressive episodes, but will also have manic episodes which usually are similarly detrimental to one's life (become very impulsive for starters, especially with things like spending).

5) ADD / ADHD (both the same thing, the former just not including the hyperactivity / impulsivity criteria of ADHD), while heavily misdiagnosed (probably) in America, is by all rights a disorder. Educational outcome as well as life outcomes of those with ADHD are significantly lower, whereas with simply treatment those with ADHD average out.

Argument-Sake said:

0_0

See here is the thing, it is hard to take someone seriously when they say "neuroscience is better" when referring to the DSM. Why? Because the DSM is purely a book used for diagnosing a mental disorder and does not go into the etiology at all (thus does not really discuss treatment either).

Neuroscience on the other hand (which by the way, is the majority of what new research is based upon, although even then it is by no means a gold standard as it is not very well understood) focuses heavily both on etiology of the disorder and what certain treatments (therapy or drug) do to the brain. The DSM and Neuroscience only semi work together to better organize the DSM. However again, you are mistaking the purpose of the DSM altogether.

Nope, sorry. "Mild Autism" does not exist. Also, you obviously have no idea what the difference between disorders and tendencies are. You sound like a university student, who has been fed lies by professors.

Dec 18, 2016 8:48 AM

Nov 2009
Seiya said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

0_0

Nope, sorry. "Mild Autism" does not exist. Also, you obviously have no idea what the difference between disorders and tendencies are. You sound like a university student, who has been fed lies by professors.
I guess? Does Graduate student count? However it isn't really "lies" when it is the entire field (medical and psychological) that defines it this way, versus your . . . Well . . . personal definition.

I get that everyone wants to be their own little special snowflake, but that doesn't mean you can change the world around you, okeydokey? But dun worry, it'll be okay, since you undoubtedly are not involved in any way with the fields of psychology or medicine, what criteria you think make up a disorder v. "tendency" are completely inconsequential for both yourself and the rest of the world.
Dec 18, 2016 8:53 AM

Jun 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Seiya said:

I guess? Does Graduate student count? However it isn't really "lies" when it is the entire field (medical and psychological) that defines it this way, versus your . . . Well . . . personal definition.

I get that everyone wants to be their own little special snowflake, but that doesn't mean you can change the world around you, okeydokey? But dun worry, it'll be okay, since you undoubtedly are not involved in any way with the fields of psychology or medicine, what criteria you think make up a disorder v. "tendency" are completely inconsequential for both yourself and the rest of the world.

I personally think that all Psychologists are idiots. There's people who are misdiagnosed with "Mild Autism," who actually have nothing wrong with them, and that's the main problem here.

Have fun not knowing about things, liberal boy.

Dec 18, 2016 9:00 AM

Nov 2009
Seiya said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

I personally think that all Psychologists are idiots. There's people who are misdiagnosed with "Mild Autism," who actually have nothing wrong with them, and that's the main problem here.

Basing an entire field on the misdiagnosis of people with "mild autism" ... Then do you also discredit the field of medicine? After all, things such as Cardiovascular diseases, some of the most fatal ailments, are very commonly misdiagnosed by doctors shamans.

Furthermore, do not brag to me about your lack of knowledge as "knowing something" based entirely on your own anecdotal experiences coupled with a media-level understanding of disorders (why I think you included OCD / Bipolar, since I doubt you know what either is in real life).
Dec 18, 2016 9:02 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
I wouldn't be surpriseded if it was actually the case, as women are always inferiorized to men

Dec 18, 2016 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Seiya said:

Basing an entire field on the misdiagnosis of people with "mild autism" ... Then do you also discredit the field of medicine? After all, things such as Cardiovascular diseases, some of the most fatal ailments, are very commonly misdiagnosed by doctors shamans.

Furthermore, do not brag to me about your lack of knowledge as "knowing something" based entirely on your own anecdotal experiences coupled with a media-level understanding of disorders (why I think you included OCD / Bipolar, since I doubt you know what either is in real life).

Lol, liberals.

What's next? Are you going to tell me that my opinion is "Bigoted?" You people hate being told things you don't want to hear.

Dec 18, 2016 9:13 AM

Nov 2009
Lolsebca said:
I wouldn't be surpriseded if it was actually the case, as women are always inferiorized to men
Actually, in this case, if I had to guess it was because they are women that the affects of Autism are not as distinct, and by that I mean girls are usually more socialized by parents. Given that the most distinct element of Autism is social skill development being impacted, the extra attention girls typically receive (which is believed to be the largest reason for the differences in social skills between boys and girls in childhood) probably helps act as more or less of a buffer.

Seiya said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

Lol, liberals.

What's next? Are you going to tell me that my opinion is "Bigoted?" You people hate being told things you don't want to hear.

How is it bigoted?

But when all else fails, fall back to ad hominens and strawmans. Instead of engaging in debate, you simply stated your personal opinion (which is not used in any professional setting) as fact, and since then have only used insults. I'm going to guess that you in particular are someone who doesn't like being told things they don't want to hear given your seemingly unprovoked disdain for anything you deem to be "liberal" in nature.
Dec 18, 2016 9:17 AM

Jun 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Lolsebca said:
Actually, in this case, if I had to guess it was because they are women that the affects of Autism are not as distinct, and by that I mean girls are usually more socialized by parents. Given that the most distinct element of Autism is social skill development being impacted, the extra attention girls typically receive (which is believed to be the largest reason for the differences in social skills between boys and girls in childhood) probably helps act as more or less of a buffer.

Seiya said:

Lol, liberals.

How is it bigoted?

But when all else fails, fall back to ad hominens and strawmans. Instead of engaging in debate, you simply stated your personal opinion (which is not used in any professional setting) as fact, and since then have only used insults. I'm going to guess that you in particular are someone who doesn't like being told things they don't want to hear given your seemingly unprovoked disdain for anything you deem to be "liberal" in nature.

Fallacies don't exist, because "Logic" doesn't exist.

Dec 18, 2016 11:37 AM

Dec 2015
Did She Dieded??????????????????
Dec 18, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
I'm a woman and i was just recently diagnosed with aspergers.
Dec 18, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2009
Lux_Lucis said:

Mal's certainly not the right place to discuss any of your conditions because everyone's a certified doctor with the best possible education and decades of experience. They all wish only the best to their fellow users and do all they're capable of in order to help treat the cause.
However evil 2D anime waifus make them say angry things and give bad advice.

I totally know I can say the words without filters.. XD

I'm just used to doing that because of everywhere else. (more particularly league of legends...)

Thanks.
Dec 18, 2016 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
ModeratelyHuman said:
Inly said:

YEASSSS There you go thankyou for helping me on that.
Dec 18, 2016 5:26 PM

Feb 2016
ModeratelyHuman said:
Inly said:

Evidence? This is psychology. It is based merely on empirical observations. Do you want fancy statistics and graphs or some shit? Statistics that only an educated scientist or doctor related to the field would be able to interpret? I'm not sure what kind of "evidence" you're looking for since you're scientifically illiterate, like you would really understand what "evidence" means in this situation, or how the scientific community actually works.

And, if you are going to complain about "lol its a blogpost", it would make sense that you would have the mental foresight to further research the author, her work, her book, and the backing it has as something that is created with the help of multiple professionals in her field, and is something that has won an award from Australia's largest service provider for autistic individuals. Which of course, is an organization that is backed by the scientific community itself.

What more evidence do you need? You don't even understand what that word means. You sound like a brat in middle school that just learnt how citations work.

I don't even know where to start with you. Is your keyboard ok after that furious hammering you just gave it? Have a cup of tea and calm the fuck down, kiddo.
Dec 18, 2016 8:37 PM

Jun 2015
Inly said:
ModeratelyHuman said:

I don't even know where to start with you. Is your keyboard ok after that furious hammering you just gave it? Have a cup of tea and calm the fuck down, kiddo.

Excuse me lady... May i ask a question? i don't get the point of this post of yours. Is it to demonstrate yourself that you're even worse than a 'brat in middle school' just in order to deny tiny part of what he said? :o
Or were you simply baiting? XD
Dec 18, 2016 9:34 PM

Feb 2016
Ryo_Misaki said:
Inly said:

Excuse me lady... May i ask a question? i don't get the point of this post of yours. Is it to demonstrate yourself that you're even worse than a 'brat in middle school' just in order to deny tiny part of what he said? :o
Or were you simply baiting? XD

Little of column A, little of column B. It's true that regardless of who wrote it, I don't give a fuck about a blog post unless it provides links to research to substantiate what it's claiming. But I don't care so much that I'm gonna argue one MAL (of all places) about it with a guy who thinks the best way to win is to attack his opponent and not their position, so I defaulted to baiting a little. Because why not? :')
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

6 by cotetowemixx »»
58 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 3 hours ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
2 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
2 hours ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 9 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.