3It was OK
2.2%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
0.9%
Average 4.8
543 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 16, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty thrilling episode. This is the penultimate so I did expect it to be one of the most intense ones yet. Didn't disappoint me at all especially with Kira using his Stand Kira Queen at his full power.

However, I also really liked how Josuke and the others are able to strike back using some clever moves. Loved this episode with this climatic battle. Killer Queen is such an awesome Stand still.
Stark700Dec 16, 2016 7:54 AM
Dec 16, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2015
Brilliant episode, the long awaited finale is here next week.

Not expecting a golden wind teaser however!
Dec 16, 2016 9:50 AM
Dec 2015
Fantastic episode. I really hope we don't have to wait until 2018 for Part 5.
Dec 16, 2016 10:00 AM

Sep 2013
Fucking amazing episode.
Dec 16, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2009
That was great

also with how far they went I think the chances of getting a Part 5 teaser at the end of next week just shot up.
Dec 16, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
Better episode. Especially in terms of animation. As anime only watcher i had known that Okuyasu doesn't die thanks to the terrible jojo fanbase. Seriously I've never seen so many people who are so obsessed to spoiler everyone else. Not by accident. It is interntionally to ruin the fun of others.
Dec 16, 2016 10:22 AM

Sep 2013
Since we got a SFX Opening here (season finale), that probably means we won't be getting the OP in the next episode.

@pardored Yup it finished exactly 21 years ago (Dec. 1995)
ShigyCDec 16, 2016 10:25 AM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Dec 16, 2016 10:23 AM

Oct 2012
Nycro said:
Better episode. Especially in terms of animation. As anime only watcher i had known that Okuyasu doesn't die thanks to the terrible jojo fanbase. Seriously I've never seen so many people who are so obsessed to spoiler everyone else. Not by accident. It is interntionally to ruin the fun of others.

I honestly advise you to get over it, the manga finished 21 years ago.. I think the only way to avoid spoilers is to not look for it in any away, but that would be impossible since you want to watch the anime, therefore having to look for it.
Dec 16, 2016 10:28 AM
Nov 2016
Nycro said:
The series has been out since the late 1980s, this part is long since over. Any spoilers aren't spoilers due to the length of time.
Dec 16, 2016 10:29 AM

Dec 2014
Kira is one of those villains where a part of me hopes that he ends up victorious even against the main protagonists. He's pretty much fucked now. RIP

I wonder if they're going to squeeze in a bit of part 5 in the last episode. I don't think there is much left to cover from the manga iirc
Dec 16, 2016 10:32 AM
May 2013
Good episode, although Diamond is unbreakables final battle kind of disappointed me a little bit, Essentially came down to dodging those snail speed balls with a kind of unoriginal end to the fight. Does kind of prove JOJO can make anything hype though, even dodging snail speed balls. 8/10 final fight.

the buildup with Hayato was absolutely genius though. 10/10

Well well, let's go part 5! Only 2 parts left to 7 HYPE! :P

Encore22Dec 16, 2016 10:45 AM
Dec 16, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2014
That was some quality episode. Got me totally hyped even if I already read the entire thing.
The seiyuus did an awesome work.
Dec 16, 2016 10:43 AM
Apr 2014
2 things, the animation during Crazy Diamond pummeling and cracking Killer Queen then the lead up to that cliffhanger were awesome.
Okuyasu is the one to fuck over Kira, this dumbass that never uses his power smartly, Kira had Josuke dead if it weren't for him and the others showing up.
I'm not a big fan of the color saturations of the Jojo anime but when they reverted to the manga colors that was pretty neat.
The second best part of Jojo is about to conclude.
Drake1000Dec 16, 2016 10:46 AM
Dec 16, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
Epic showdown right there. I can't wait for the finale. Not sure if Kira still has something remaining, but now that he's really cornered, he's going to go YOLO without giving a shit. Time for the rest of the crew to pick up their weight after Josuke carried them this whole time.
Dec 16, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2011
Hurray for new opening variation! Okuyasu best bro
Dec 16, 2016 10:56 AM

Sep 2014
I can't even describe this!Astonishing episode!It had everything!OP sound effects were amazing!Also green-haired Kira looked awesome!Nice action and strategies for the final battle!Kira is totally f*cked now.

Dec 16, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2013
Okuyasu is the man who changed the fate of this fight.
Jotaro, Rohan and Koichi are here too, Kira is going down!
He bombed his father, I loved that part.
Dec 16, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Those SFX in the OP. Nice one David Pro.
Josuke vs Kira is getting intense.

Josuke using the glass shard & his blood to hit Kira is a great plan.
So long Yoshihiro.

Even when you are gravely injured, you still gotta pose.

Fate is not on Kira's side.
Crazy Diamond vs Killer Queen is amazing.
Okuyasu is back. What a great time to show up. So bad ass.
Love how he scraped away the air bubble.

Everyone coming together.
Final ep next week. The HYPE is unbreakable. So excited to see how this all ends.
Gonna miss this show.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 16, 2016 11:05 AM
Dec 2013
Read the manga before but seeing Okuyasu coming back to life still made me shed a tear.
Dec 16, 2016 11:11 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Man this episode was so hype and it delivered. I'm totally gonna miss this show once it's over next week.
Dec 16, 2016 11:18 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
TBH I thought Okuyasu was useless (meaning he wasn't getting that much screentime as a fighter) but it was nice to see him come back and save Josuke.

The scene where Jotaro finds out about the bug in the kid's vest was a bit of a stretch for me, but nonetheless, the battle was entertaining and engaging.
Dec 16, 2016 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
Okuyasu subverts the tradition of the BroJo having to die.

I can't believe that DiU is about to end next week. D:
Dec 16, 2016 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was just perfect! It was really enjoyable to see Josuke giving Kira a well deserved beating and getting rid of his despicable dad. Also, I'm so happy that Okuyasu woke up and joined the fight! I almost got teary eyes when he was talking about the dream he had xD
Dec 16, 2016 11:51 AM

Dec 2016
This episode was brilliant Joskue and Kira are strategic monsters.

I like how Kira can analyze his opponent's strategies for instance he knew that Joskue would go in the house because he prefers to battle close range.

I like how Josuke figured that Kira was using navigation seeing Kira with his cellphone, then it turns out it was Kira father giving directions. Finally that old bastard got killed but by his own son. Kira is a tough cookie to withstand two big glass shards hitting him from behind them glass shards hit him probably faster than a Gatling gun.
Dec 16, 2016 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
i havent read the manga, so i did not know whether anyone would die.

a bit surprised nobody important did.

unless the next season is coming soon(summer or before). its time to buy the manga for part 5.
or maybe ill just read it regardless.
Dec 16, 2016 12:00 PM

Feb 2015
Reading the manga is always recommended. It's the most authentic experience and it's still very exciting to see everything get animated.
Dec 16, 2016 12:02 PM
Sep 2014
Opening with the SFX was pretty hype. Hayato being the smartest kid, nothing new. Would be sweet if final episode gives a nod to part 5.
Dec 16, 2016 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo wee woo...
Dec 16, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2014
This fight was awesome, and the entire episode was just filled with so much intensity. Cool to see Okuyasu still alive and well, and he finally did something. His Stand is so cool but he never seems to utilize it properly, if he was smarter he could be one hell of a threat. Now that Koichi, Jotaro, and Rohan have finally figured out what's going on after standing around doing nothing (lol), Kira is cornered and truly fucked.

Nycro said:
Seriously I've never seen so many people who are so obsessed to spoiler everyone else.

Exactly what I've been thinking over the last several months.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 16, 2016 12:41 PM

Oct 2014
i haven't read the manga ending, but have a feeling....

Dec 16, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2014
Episode was intense , was really surprised with the Okuyasu being alive and all, but what in the freaking Dio hell was that explanation?
Someone tell me how he freaking revived about that dream? Like wut? We were told crazy diamond can't revive the soul..

Bleh, that took away some of my enjoyment, but the shots this episode were godly.
Jotaro and Koichi being useless and making stupid comments is kinda getting on my nerves.
I like this finale fight, but the build-up for it was much better with Hayato and the previous fight with Kira was wayyyyyy better and more threatening.

Dec 16, 2016 12:48 PM

Sep 2010
Nycro said:

it's to force you to read the manga

all according tot he keikaku

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Dec 16, 2016 12:53 PM

Sep 2016
golden wind teaser next week? it's also already teased in the opening. maybe we will get part 5 sooner than expected, since it's direct sequel
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 16, 2016 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
AWESOME EPISODE!!!

Can't believe that next week this is over. :(
Dec 16, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2013
Josuke the badass. Just because there is some wood stuck in him doesn't mean he can't beat the crap out of Kira. Pretty intense stuff here. And finally Jotaro and the others come to investigate this explosion and don't brush it off like they brushed off the rain that sounded like Josuke. And how did they hear this explosion and not the explosion that happened in the last episode? Weren't his explosions supposed to be inaudible? And how was Okuyasu alive? I was as surprised as Hayato lol. Now the whole gang is here along with the fire department. Now to wait for some more ass kicking. I was expecting Crazy Diamond to get an upgrade like Killer Queen and Star Platinum (last season) got. But oh well, just goes on to show that Josuke doesn't need an upgrade to kick ass.
Dec 16, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2015
People seeing Okuyasu

Sorry for this gif,I'm using a failure,haha

But I have to admit I love seeing
Kira's father being blown up by his
own son

Damn, one more to go,
I'm glad I read the manga
beforehand so I'm not going
to be

Dec 16, 2016 1:27 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
OMG, this episode was well adapted and is probably my favorite JoJo episode as of now. Somehow the Crazy D arc feels a lot more thrilling in the anime than the manga. And the art quality was consistent throughout. Next episode is the finale :(

The OP with SFX was pretty good, but the SFX usage matched the previous OPs more.

That moment, when Josuke told Kira to blow up his dad was so badass! And Okuyasu trolling until the very end XD

I really like how this final fight was more strategy heavy rather than brawl-heavy like SC's end fight.

5 chapters adapted, 4 more left. Hopefully we get a Part 5 tease. Just a little bit of Giorno would be nice :D

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerDec 16, 2016 1:56 PM
Dec 16, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2014
And just like that, one more episode left. These last few episodes have been fantastic. Depending on how this ends, it could be right behind Part 3 as my favourite.....so far at least.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 16, 2016 2:01 PM

Feb 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
I really like how this final fight was more strategy heavy rather than brawl-heavy like SC's end fight.

Pretty much all of JoJo shifts away from straight up punch-fests after Part 3 to these much more strategic battles that we've seen in Part 4. So look forward to that.
Dec 16, 2016 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
best episode yet? very possibly
Dec 16, 2016 2:16 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
K3fka_ said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Pretty much all of JoJo shifts away from straight up punch-fests after Part 3 to these much more strategic battles that we've seen in Part 4. So look forward to that.
Oh, I read the manga. I was just comparing DiU's endgame over SC's endgame :D
Dec 16, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
Okuyasu talking about his brother in this bit always brings a tear to my eye. The bond he and Josuke share is truly unbreakable.

It's been one hell of a year people, here's hoping we get wind of a Part 5 adaptation soon!
Dec 16, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2016
You know i can only imagine Mikitaka is writhing in pain over the sound of those sirens. Poor guy. So overall a pretty awesome episode. I do think there was a better ending point somewhat a bit further in, but I guess they sorta ran out of time and had to end it there. It would've certainly been a Killer cliffhanger. But it looks like Kira is going to Bite The Dust from the Sheer Heart Attack of his defeat.
Dec 16, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
They really made this episode amazing. I didn't noticed any notable "quality" moment and I adored how the fight stayed as an strategic battle between Josuke and Kira before the expected physical fight between the two.
Loved how Josuke trolled Kira into killing his father, that was a nice move, he is indeed the son of Joseph (also, RIP best JoJo father, you were evil, but still a great father). I also liked the detail that the glass piece that Josuke throwed to Kira had the shape of a heart.
The fight of Crazy Diamond and Killer Queen was amazing, with the OST making it even better.

Okuyasu's reappearence and his dream with Keicho moved me to tears. I feared he would die the last episode considering JoJo has the tradition of killing someone important at the end of each Part, but, no, Okuyasu was still alive, and his return was glorious as Hell, removing Stray Cat from Killer Queen and nerfing Kira. I fucking love you Okuyasu, you are such a silly, noble soul :´)

I liked how they portrayed Kira's breakdown when he realizes he has been cornered by the good guys. And his VA only made this better. Still, I was kinda rooting a bit for Kira despite how sociopathic he is. He si that amazing after all.

The opening with SFX was very good. Unlike the Bite za Dusto opening, I didn't expected this. Kinda missed they didn't did that with Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town and Chase, but, well, I guess they did that with Great Days because it's the last opening.

Kinda sad this is going to end next week... Hope they announce Vento Aureo anime for the next year.

Also, really hyped for these things the next episode:
Dec 16, 2016 3:30 PM

Sep 2015
Aw man, the SFX Opening got me so hyped and it delivered, my favorite fight in the series so far, everything was so tense and tactical. Also Okuyasu's moment was very nice, love the friendship between him and Josuke and the love for his brother.

There is no way Kira is getting out of this one, he now has Jotaro, Koichi and Rohan on the spot, can't wait to see how it all ends, hoping for a Jotaro one liner before beating the crap out of him with Star Platinum :P
Dec 16, 2016 3:35 PM

Jul 2015
That Episode was godly definitely the best anime this year and one my favorite episodes to be made this year
Sup...
Dec 16, 2016 3:44 PM

Aug 2016
>Okuyasu survived because Keicho told him to fuck off outta heaven cause he didnt want to spend an eternity with him
True bros
Dec 16, 2016 3:58 PM

Jul 2016
The way Josuke made Kira kill his father was extremely hilarious.
Josuke's troll level is 10/10 lol

Great episode as usual. Can't believe next week is the finale...
It's been a good ride.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Dec 16, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2015
Loved the episode. I was expecting the opening to be the same as the Bites the dust version, but it wasn't, and it had SFX! Although, not as awesome as the previous ones, it's nice for what it is.

The tension of that battle of wits was engaging, even if I find those bubbles being ridiculously slow.
I don't think Yoshikage felt remorse for killing his father, if anything his reaction came from his strategy being brought down.
On the other hand, it seems like Yoshihiro really cared about him, and it was so satisfying to see him pushed aside at last, even more so from the hand of the monster he tried to protect. Not only that, the feeling of satisfaction went up tenfold upon Yoshikage's reaction when the voice that he heard wasn't his father's. While Kira has been my favorite character in this part, seeing him being constantly put in a difficult situation has been pretty fun, I legitimately laughed a few times now that his seemingly infinite luck is running out.

I did know that Okuyasu wouldn't die, even though I haven't actually read the manga, but I wasn't sure WHEN he was going to show up, if he ever would. So it was still kind of a nice surprise to see him doing it at the right moment to put Kira against the wall. When he talked about his brother and how he chose to stay with his friends instead of sheepingly sticking with him like he used to, it made me shed a tear. It was a good choice since he was back just in the right moment when Josuke needed a hand. (No pun intended)

It's kind of sad for the actual good hearted people that were victims to Killer Queen, they won't have the chance that our main cast did. But ultimately, crossing paths with Shigeki and killing him in front of Josuke ended up being Kira's first wrong move. Even if they would find him without the hint that he gave them, it would have taken them longer.

Part 4 might not feel like a journey in the same way as Part 3 did. But it's a quest for justice, and it's about to hit Kira with full might. I can't wait for next week's episode.

I wonder if DP will animate Rohan's side story later on as an OVA or something.
DanKyokoDec 16, 2016 4:36 PM
Dec 16, 2016 4:21 PM

Aug 2014
using the power of love to bring back dead characters ! That was just like watching Fairy tail . Disappointed
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.