Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 7, 2017 11:23 PM

Apr 2013
JJ....you disappoint me. ;-;
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 8, 2017 10:46 AM
Mar 2012
Otabek frowns so serious... great execution tho really strong jumps. Lol those Ted bears.
JJ still a pimp but still feel bad for him, lost under too much pressure. But unlike Yuri, JJ doesn't fall trying, but somehow restrains himself to simpler jumps.
Jan 9, 2017 1:34 PM

Apr 2016
When the announcer named the six skaters for the Grand Prix Finals... I seriously wanted all of them to win T____T

LOL, I don't know why...seeing Otabek's expressionless face when he won those medals made me laugh... xD

WOO HOO! The opening changed a little - the faces of the top six skaters were included! Everybody looked intense and serious for this competition! :D

"His coach is empowering their matching rings in a prayer of victory" *___* That was a good line and a good moment! It was just so genuine when Victor held Yuri's hand and kissed it ><

LOL, while Sala wondered why Yuri and Victor had matching rings, Mickey wanted to have one with his sister... LOL xD Cutie Emil was simply cheering beside them <3

AH! Victor and Yuri's hug!! XDD I love Yuri's confidence!!
AWE! Yuri's hand touched the ice! >< Emil's reaction was mine exactly. (lol, did anyone else notice that Mickey placed his hand on Sala's shoulder?)

OMG!! Those Phichit flashbacks were REALLY cute!! Phichit performance was PERFECT!! <33 I'm so proud of him :') - Hehe, he took a selfie with his coach ^^

LOL, thank you Yurio for kicking that seat Victor and Yuri were on - how much longer would they have sat in the kiss and cry? xD Victor's"Davai" response was adorable.

Lilia's words of wisdom <33 -> "People shine brightest when they seek to understand what kind of love sustains them." Yurio's performance was BEAUTIFUL <3 (Hehe, that gloomy look on Yakov, Yurio, and Lilia's faces, and their excitement when Yurio's score was announced...they really do look like one family xD) Congrats to Yurio for setting a new world record!!

Chris looks cute in glasses! :) It's true he won't be able to skate professionally much longer, but it's nice to see that he executed his performance very well, without any regrets.

Hehe! Yurio showed such nice support for his new friend; "Davai!" with his feet on the chairs :P "Another score higher than the pig's" lol. The confident look on his face when he was still first place and JJ was about to enter... <3

It's charming that Otabek doesn't hesitate before he does his jumps. ^^ Victor described Otabek's style nicely; exotic and fresh <3

"It's like a 'new personal best' party!" <-- EXACTLY, triplets xD

OH NO! JJ felt the pressure!! :( When the audience cried and sang along to his song... </3 It's so nice that Isabella started the chant, and the whole crowd chanted! :D "Stop! It's JJ style!" XD haha...and then there's Yurio telling them to shut up with his ears covered! <33

Minako and Mari supporting the skaters was me right there!! It's too bad not everyone could have gotten first place!! ><

Yuri said "let's end this"...??
Jan 10, 2017 12:30 AM

Mar 2016
This episode brought me real close to tears, and even after reading comments for awhile, I still feel like I could cry...I don't like this ;-;

UPDATE: After watching the first few minutes of the last episode, the tears started flowing...
BlondieJan 10, 2017 12:37 AM
Jan 15, 2017 10:04 AM
Sep 2009
JJ falling apart was too predictable =/

I understand that pressure can get to you but it affected him way too much, being the character he is he should have picked himself up in second half.
Jan 17, 2017 3:05 AM

Feb 2008
Lararin said:
Honestly JJ stole this episode for me. I wasn't that attached to his character but this episode was just so touching... we all mess up sometimes, no matter how hard we practice and how hard we try. JJ showed that, and showed how to keep fighting and keep smiling. :)

More like the whole show in my case. I really hated the way the writers sabotaged him just so Yuri could earn second place, since honestly it would have been much better for Yuri's character to beat him with his effort rather than the other guy failing. But at the same time, his scene was probably the most memorable scene in the entire show, a really powerful scene. Almost let a tear too. JJ was too good for this show.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 25, 2017 8:45 PM

Mar 2015
Hah nice to see JJ slip up, it'll do his arrogance plenty of good
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 15, 2017 1:34 PM

Dec 2012
All my feels for JJ. I can't help but root for him, he's the king after all!
Mar 10, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2010
JJ's slump came kinda out of nowhere, I mean they could have at least foreshadowed something, ANYTHING during the last episode, but ehh whatever I guess.

Yurio suddenly breaking world record like it's nothing was also a bit... ugh. Pretty obvious that it was set just so Victor can start missing skating and all that. Things like that somehow makes this series less, well, credible.
I do wonder what's gonna happen now. I kinda doubt that Katsuki's gonna win after all... Maybe he'll be second or something, and then there could be a possibility for a sequel? I don't want him to retire so soon!
Mar 19, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, Yurio setting a world record just like that.
I actually felt really bad for JJ, falling under the pressure like that ... despite that, he still set a score of 86 points, which compared to the other competitors isn't that low.
Mar 30, 2017 9:31 AM
Jun 2016
this is such a wholesome anime, I can feel myself becoming a better person
Apr 2, 2017 8:57 AM

Sep 2016
Among all the players, JJ must be the last one that I would have expected to be overwhelmed by pressure. I know a lot of people don’t like him cuz he’s quite cocky or sth, but for me I’m not that much bothered. At least he had reasons to be proud and confident. I feel for him, hope he regains confidence soon.

And that ending… We have Victor & Yuri in the hotel room alone with Victor in his bathrobe, so “Let’s end this” was certainly not something I had expected to hear.

BTW, is the guy picked up Chris his boyfriend? He looks like Kirei in Fate, kinda hot.
Apr 8, 2017 7:47 AM

May 2013
Awwhhhh, JJ's fiancée loves him so much :') it's so romantic and sweet <3

IT'S JJ STYLE!!!!!!!!

I thought of Yu-kun at the beginning when JJ flubbed all his jumps D;
Poor thing. The feeling of failure is one of the worst :(

On the other hand, Yurio's performance was breathtaking and Phichit's was adorable and fun :D
Kokoro_KotashimaApr 8, 2017 7:50 AM
Apr 30, 2017 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
Man. I got so hyped up for this episode. HAHAHA.

I only got emotional after JJ's performance, of course. HAHA. Mann. When they were singing his song and his fiance was like, "you know me SO FOLLOW ME." She scared me and I laughed it hurt.

The friendship between Yurio and Otabek. OMG. NICEEE. Otabek definitely oozes man.

I didn't realize how young these skaters were. From their images I totally thought that most of them were 24-30's. HAHAHA. I know nothing.

Chris and his performance. DAT BOOTY SQUEEZE.
"You know you always come so early." HAHAHAHA.

The ending song and the pictures are always perfect. I love them.

One more.
Oct 29, 2017 2:05 AM

May 2010
I didn't expect to feel feels for JJ, wow.
Dec 3, 2017 1:55 PM
Dec 2016
JJ almost made me cry?? I don't even like him, but wow did it ever hit me in the feels when he failed, tryed again and kept failing.

And to those who think he isn't the type to get nervous like that, you have to remember that he's still pretty young, and was put under enormus preassure to succeed. Also, he had to follow two amazing perfomances by Yurio and Otabek. It's easy to perform when things are going well and you know you will win. But to perform well when others are probably doing better that you? Especially when you are expected to win regardless? That's hard.
May 23, 2018 12:01 PM
Jul 2018

dat ass dat aaass, Chris <3 <3
Jan 13, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
Bravo! Just bravo, every performance was magnificent, full of emotions and skill. It is truly the great finale. :-)

Yuri seems to finally be less stressed and anxious, and Victor began to stress more than his apprentice, haha. But that's good, both of them changed as characters, and Yuri matured as professional skater (i.e. he did his best, had great attitude and was not paralysed by fear nor collapsed on the rink after he didn't make one figure perfectly).

Phichit's dream came true and his performance was flawless.

Yurio's performance was breathtaking. He finally found Agape, embraced it and showed his full potential as for now on the rink. Beating world record (nota bene previously set by Victor) was indeed fully deserved.

Chris was simply Chris we know from the previous episodes. His programme was very pleasant to watch as always both by interpretation of his song and by looking at technical aspects.

Otabek's show was astonishing! I literally held my breath before he did all these jumps, being both delighted on how his style looks like, but on the other hand worried that he might feel overconfident and make a mistake. I was relieved when he executed everything flawless.

And ohh, King J. J. ! I had a feeling you might be too stressed because it is finale. :( Not that I like him, but he's very talented and it's a shame that jitters defeated him here. It could be kinda predictible: a lot of pressure and hopes on him comming from his fans all around the world after he won 2 competitions in Rostelecom Cup, and of course his own country's fans and people who are not much into ice skating, but do like rockband that supported him. Final emotional burden came, in my oppinion, from his fiancee and a promise of getting married with her after winning this competition. If you mix everything you get a heavy pack of hopes which would be hard even for skilled and experienced skater to handle. Oh well, it was short programme anyway, maybe he will rock in free programme. Plus I tip my hat to his determination and that he tried to "reanimate" his own self as a skater.
Feb 28, 2019 2:54 AM

Aug 2017
Noo, JJ failed at the end but I like that he has a positive attitude after that. Still, he giving in to the pressure came out of nowhere.

In the other side, I'm glad for Yurio, he totally deserved the first place in this program.

Also, I would have liked they used a different skating music (except for Otabke), they do get a bit repetitive after a while.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 15, 2020 5:46 PM

Mar 2019
Yuri tried his hardest but just could not cut that 100. Yurio's performance was pretty good with him being able to do those quads. I liked Chris' too! I expected better from JJ but in the end he ended up being nervous. I hope he is able to do better in the finale. I rooting for Yurio or Yuri
Nov 27, 2020 2:00 AM

Feb 2009
As a figure skating fan, I just kept thinking how unrealistic it is that the men would do this well since in reality they're always falling all over the place with all of their quads hahaha

The Canadian in me was sad for JJ, but his meltdown was predictable. I like Yurio and hope he wins, but I'm sure it'll be Yuri
Feb 23, 2021 1:08 PM

Nov 2016
Minako and Mari fangirling again or the triplets xD I dunno why, but I find these little moments so ridiculously amusing

JJ was of course taken out by bs plot convience

Poor man, he deserved better. Still kinda touching performance overall

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 19, 2021 8:56 AM

Mar 2010
lol, the episode had moments that looks like victor cheating on yuri and yuri catching him do it. PoorJ.J
Aug 4, 2021 5:57 PM
Sep 2018
very good episode with many twists and turns!
Oct 6, 2021 1:28 PM

Jul 2016
My boy JJ was being such a monster skater the writers had to nerf him :/ Not cool.
Nov 25, 2022 1:11 PM
Mar 2017
TRASHtrashtrashtrahdtraehtahta
Nov 23, 2023 2:23 AM

Mar 2018
I am the king JJ, no one defeats me T.T
hello hello
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

12 by kihel »»
10 hours ago

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

55 by BishopBriggs »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.