Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2010 7:19 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm rewatching this anime, and its suprising how surpirsed Thomas is.
Thomas looks good in the anime, though i still dont see much resemblance between him and Rui

Oct 1, 2010 4:42 AM

May 2008
Makino is so naive sometimes seriously.... I wonder what is Sakurako up to by teaming with Thomas. That girl was suspicious from the beginning and it's not just a coincidence that Thomas is living with her~
Jan 26, 2011 9:59 PM

May 2010
@sayami i wasn't even thinking about that lmao! i was more concerned at the fact that she got raped and she shrugged it off like some kind of mosquito bite. i don't know if it's because of the oldness of this show or what, but that reaction is just unrealistic for a high school girl like makino.
Mar 21, 2012 2:46 PM

Jun 2009
Casperkid said:
@sayami i wasn't even thinking about that lmao! i was more concerned at the fact that she got raped and she shrugged it off like some kind of mosquito bite. i don't know if it's because of the oldness of this show or what, but that reaction is just unrealistic for a high school girl like makino.

No it's not unrealistic - it's worse today, in every sense of the word. Girls today in the West are pressured, harrassed and bullied to perform sexually and don't even know if it is rape or not. It is much more of a taboo for a girl to marry a responsible man and to have a responsible relationship than to have sex with irresponsible men.

It puts me off completely. It's like watching Nana. The moment the girl starts having sex like its nothing completely ruined the romance even if like in this case she was stupidly raped without knowing or feeling anything - it's almost as if she actually liked it, which she did. Those 3 girlfriends encouraged her and even let her go to have sex with someone else like it's nothing, they probably admired her and cheered her...

Sorry, call me sexist but seeing women acting like that just puts me off completely.
The next thing now is for her to get pregnant. Domiouji [albeit a jerk in his own right] will be devastated and probably hate her when he learned about it - just goes to show how a woman's past may affect a man in the present whereas the other way round is not true no matter what feminists argue or not. Call me old fashion if you will but I prefer to stick with silly girls like Sailor Moon and her friends.
meneopeMar 21, 2012 2:52 PM
Jul 5, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
xXAlpfie said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm rewatching this anime, and its suprising how surpirsed Thomas is.
Thomas looks good in the anime, though i still dont see much resemblance between him and Rui

Yeah I'm rewatching this as well and was wondering whether he was genuinely surprised or was he just acting...
Sep 20, 2013 8:30 PM
Oct 2009
I didn't think she'd stick to the lie, but oh my, how things have turned out! hehehehe
Sep 28, 2013 8:47 PM

Feb 2011
Oh the drama. I have to say, I'm disappointed with Tsukushi. Not only does she go along with the bitch trio, but then, as mentioned above, she seems to shrug off being date raped. It was bad enough that she seems to be too easily getting over the incident with Tsukasa assaulting her. The more I see him the more I feel like he was just being a stupid ass and thought she'd give in because she really wanted to do it with him, but seriously she should have had the cops busting down his door.

On another note, when Tsukasa finds out about Thomas, I predict there will be blood, and there will be lots of it.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out.
NikokoSep 28, 2013 8:54 PM
Feb 6, 2014 8:29 PM

May 2012
meneope said:
It puts me off completely. It's like watching Nana. The moment the girl starts having sex like its nothing completely ruined the romance even if like in this case she was stupidly raped without knowing or feeling anything - it's almost as if she actually liked it, which she did. Those 3 girlfriends encouraged her and even let her go to have sex with someone else like it's nothing, they probably admired her and cheered her...

You realize that Thomas put a rape drug in Makino's drink, right ?

And I totally missed the part where her "friends" cheered her.
(I personnally thought they wanted to blackmailed her)
AngelShivaFeb 18, 2014 7:41 PM
Jun 3, 2015 11:57 AM

Aug 2013
Everything seems so convenient, I feel like Sakurako is behind this, in the episode preview it even mentioned moving like "puppets on a string".
Aug 2, 2017 1:26 AM

Aug 2017
God Tsukasa is SO oblivious and dense it's hilarious😂 When the other F4 members were hinting at him losing his V card and he's completely clueless, I can't haha. "She was choking me...she made me stay like that for hours. We were...in an elevator" *dead*😭😂😂😂

He's such a fun character to watch. The show would be so boring without him
FlowersB4BoysAug 5, 2017 6:01 PM
Apr 25, 2019 6:06 PM
Jul 2014
There are some pretty heavy adult themes in this anime that I was not prepared for. Now we're onto to date rape drugs and possible date rape like wut?? That's not okay!! They reallyyyy need a trigger warning for this show.
Aug 26, 2019 5:13 AM

Dec 2014
Still believe it's more like a frame up than an actual rape. But this is pretty heavy on adult themes. I believe anime romcom today would be shitting their pants on this kind of frame up. But then we got this shield hero release on 2019 that made this kind of theme a joke.
Mar 3, 2020 2:32 PM

May 2017
Damn. Colour me surprised when the rape situation came up! I'm looking forward to how this turns out with Thomas and Sakurako, but damn, that scene where Makino remembers having a drink with Thomas, that he must have made, is too real. Even if it ends up that she wasn't raped, which I feel is the case because I can't imagine this show being that serious, she was still date-raped! He dropped something in her drink so she couldn't remember. Or... she was just drunk??? She was barely in the clubbing scene, so it is also possible that she blacked out because she has no experience with alcohol. Hmmm
Aug 5, 2020 11:53 AM
Jul 2019
meneope said:
Casperkid said:

No it's not unrealistic - it's worse today, in every sense of the word. Girls today in the West are pressured, harrassed and bullied to perform sexually and don't even know if it is rape or not. It is much more of a taboo for a girl to marry a responsible man and to have a responsible relationship than to have sex with irresponsible men.

Sorry, call me sexist but seeing women acting like that just puts me off completely.
The next thing now is for her to get pregnant. Domiouji [albeit a jerk in his own right] will be devastated and probably hate her when he learned about it - just goes to show how a woman's past may affect a man in the present whereas the other way round is not true no matter what feminists argue or not. Call me old fashion if you will but I prefer to stick with silly girls like Sailor Moon and her friends.
I know I'm so late for 8 years but bear with me.Do you really prefer girls like Sailor Moon(I'm talking about the Crystal version, not the old one) who for one thing... is always about Mamoru Chiba to the point that she becomes possessive of him? Not to mention this girl "slept" with him one time when she was still freaking 14 and wasn't even worried if she'll get pregnant or not!She even treasures it! My gosh this is one of the reasons why I can't feel much connected towards Usagi in the Crystal version.Yes, she wasn't raped but still sex is a big issue for teenagers and this needs to be addressed.
May 30, 2023 11:24 AM
May 2020
Why is Makino so stupid now and why can't anyone in this show communicate?!?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 31 Discussion

meneope - Mar 26, 2012

18 by CAN20 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 51 Discussion

-kassy- - Sep 26, 2010

45 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 25, 2023 3:00 PM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 50 Discussion

Gasuko-chan - Apr 26, 2011

14 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 25, 2023 2:13 PM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 49 Discussion

-kassy- - Sep 26, 2010

16 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Hana yori Dango Episode 48 Discussion

meneope - Apr 4, 2012

10 by 1Konochi »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.