Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 12, 2016 1:03 AM
Mar 2014
So for those bitching about why this universe doesnt has beam weapon even it a 1000 years in future.... in this universe they doen't even needed laser weapon. their armor nano-laminated armor is storng enough to wistanded powerful laser attack. so in this universe their weapon evolve using more metal than laser to destroyed the metal armored.. talk about weapon evolution huh... nice episode anyways 8/10 if not for IOK stupidnest.. really dude dat guys need to return to prescholl again dam it...
DemonLordSatan69Dec 12, 2016 1:07 AM
Dec 12, 2016 2:47 AM
Apr 2016
AoiHonoo said:
ZingFreelancer said:
Ride jumps in to block attack of the mobile armor and does not use his shield? Probably a Warhammer 40k fan screaming in his head "MY FACE IS MY SHIELD!".

But I suppose they needed to rise the stakes by having someone actually die, poor farmers.

How often do you see a show where an annoying side characters get to fuck shit up for the protagonist and live to tell the tale? The living part need to be rectified in a cruel and painful way.

You mean like the pirates, Allium, bearded guy Graze pilot, and Radice. All from season 2 as well, with Iok and Rustal to follow before series end if the formula sticks. Heaven forbid, they actually, you know, have a character actually learn from his experiences and become a better person for it. In this case, Iok would be the closest, since he's not really "evil", just a bumbling fool. However, considering how the show has transitioned Hush from being Mikazuki's self proclaimed rival to #1 fanboy, that's obviously just wishful thinking at this point.

I disagree with the latter part. Hush has a long way to go to see what Mikazuki becomes later in the series. Just as Iok is going to come in terms with his stupidity and ,unlike Ein, do it before becoming the Gundam Frame. Hush is going to witness firsthand the horrors Mikazuki bears inside, only to be there in the end to stop him from doing whatever mistake he is going to do. It would be a final fight in the series.
Re:formed
Dec 12, 2016 3:14 AM

Sep 2013
Way to get that Play of the Game, Iok.
Dec 12, 2016 4:09 AM

Apr 2015
Iok should die in the next episode... that guy really pissed me off...
damn, that mobile armor looks gorgeous... but still, Vidar gundam is the best...
Dec 12, 2016 8:46 AM
Jul 2016
So Iok is the new Katz of Gundam? Good to know because it will be more enjoyable when he DIED.
Dec 12, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Iok is the "better" Ein, they will make him better and he is going to be just fine. Though, seeing how everyone else is an insanely twisted, bloodthirsty for someone's death saying "Awww I am gonna party after that", gives birth to unpleasant doubts of whether this series had any value except for flashy explosions and sick mechanical combat. A pity indeed, such potential wasted. At least there is no doubt what is wrong with socities today...

Gundam are basically war stories where almost every notable person is a bastard you wish to die. More often both sides are wrong.
With exception that Iok is less of the bastard and more of the idiot. But it is similar in a way.
I feel that it's a tendency of all pretty much serious shows to induce certain ... angst ... in viewers. I think they actually succeeded in that.
Also, isn't Ein now Vidar the masked guy?
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Dec 12, 2016 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
Man I really hope Iok will not be like the immortal Patrick Colasour. He needs to die because of his immense stupidity.

I really hope Shino gets to use Flauros next episode, as he was asked by Orga to do a new job. >.<

I wonder if we are going to get McGillis vs our masked guy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2016 11:33 AM

Sep 2014
I really really want Iok to die a painfull death. He must be the single most retarded person in the history of gundam.
Also it looks like masked man is going to fight McGillis. This will be tense.
I wonder how they will handle the Mobile Armor. It looks like its beam weapon is useless against Mobile suits, but will kill anything else with ease.
(I have to admit I expected it to be more massive. More like a giant tank and not a giant bird)

This take on the calamity war is pretty interesting as well. I would like an OVA series about it. Why did someone create those MAs? Could be interesting, maybe we will get some more information in the future.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 12, 2016 2:19 PM
Apr 2016
beast_regards said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Iok is the "better" Ein, they will make him better and he is going to be just fine. Though, seeing how everyone else is an insanely twisted, bloodthirsty for someone's death saying "Awww I am gonna party after that", gives birth to unpleasant doubts of whether this series had any value except for flashy explosions and sick mechanical combat. A pity indeed, such potential wasted. At least there is no doubt what is wrong with socities today...

Gundam are basically war stories where almost every notable person is a bastard you wish to die. More often both sides are wrong.
With exception that Iok is less of the bastard and more of the idiot. But it is similar in a way.
I feel that it's a tendency of all pretty much serious shows to induce certain ... angst ... in viewers. I think they actually succeeded in that.

I am saddened that only small percent of the forum users retain their humanity while watching anything, since it is a focus in most series and symbolism, a real waste. You are not supposed to feel angst or hatred towards most of them, you are supposed to if anything pity them. Compassion, outrospection, understanding - it all comes down to this. This is the main message in this show, not the flashy explosions Iok makes while shooting at Mobile Armour that instill excitement mixed with rage in weak of soul.
As for Vidar, now evidently he is Gaelio. The helm not only hides his real identity, but helps him communicate with Ein whos consciousness/body is completely merged with the upgraded Gundam Frame. I believe it will be explained in the same episode where Gaelio reveals himself and blames McGillis for it all.
Daniel_NaumovDec 12, 2016 2:23 PM
Re:formed
Dec 12, 2016 2:49 PM

Jun 2013
whoa the Mobile Armor is so op and I hate Iok he's stupid and naive i hope he dies
Dec 12, 2016 4:05 PM

Jan 2014

SHINOYAMA CONFIRMED FOR NEXT EPISODE

>> DEATH FLAGS INTENSIFY

It's always been one-sided up until now with Yamagi crushing on Shino who hasn't noticed and is always sleeping with women so I'm surprised he said this in the preview. I'm excited but I'm also terrified. Please don't let them die! ~
Dec 12, 2016 5:38 PM
Nov 2016
Okay, so this episode we saw how susch foolishness caused lives.
I'm not really that into rude remarks but I really wish Iok dies next episode just to atone for the lives died in the agricultural division of Mars.

The MA's sounded like a phoenix and it can really produce Plumas. They really need to destroy it before Mars becomes a wasteland.

Mikazuki went with Hush to warn his two women to evacuate but recieved a No answer.

McGillis vs. Gali Gali ~ :3
Let's see who wins next episode ~
Dec 12, 2016 6:48 PM

Nov 2008
was scared at first that Ride was going to die, but Mika got there just in time to save him.

Dec 13, 2016 3:07 AM

Nov 2012
god iok is a fucking idiot
Dec 13, 2016 6:54 AM

Feb 2008
Making everyone else seem brilliant must be Iok's sole purpose in life. On the other hand, it is kind of impressive how he has managed to stay alive thus far relying on his pride and spirit alone. I hope his track record will end soon, though.

The implementation of beam weaponry is rather interesting as well. Usually beam weapons make physical weaponry obsolete, yet in this series it isn't the case. Still, beams do work wonders against personnel. The MA proved to be quite a formidable foe, as if only that weren't enough...

I do love the weaponry of IBO's MS's. Helmwige Reincar's massive sword is as impressive as it is oversized...
Dec 13, 2016 10:12 AM

Jan 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
I am saddened that only small percent of the forum users retain their humanity while watching anything, since it is a focus in most series and symbolism, a real waste. You are not supposed to feel angst or hatred towards most of them, you are supposed to if anything pity them. Compassion, outrospection, understanding - it all comes down to this. This is the main message in this show, not the flashy explosions Iok makes while shooting at Mobile Armour that instill excitement mixed with rage in weak of soul..

It seems you are describing NGE rather than Gundam. It's NGE what basically put some kind of deep message about humanity into almost each frame and actual action was secondary. Gundam franchise isn't a deep symbolic study about human soul - well, it have a message, but it have message of the war movies (usually war is hell or something along the lines)
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Dec 14, 2016 5:41 AM

Apr 2012
Goddammn you Iok, hahahah.
It was great to see Julieta spell it straight for him though. Yes, Iok. You made a stupid move.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Dec 14, 2016 8:06 AM
Feb 2012
What's really stupid is how they let Iok keep getting away with his poor combat performance. He's a liability. Do we even know why Rustal keeps him around?

If "Mobile Armors" are to "Angels," then MS are kind of like White De... I see what they did there.

Hush continues to be a nonfactor. He doesn't seem to have any dimension to him other than "I wanna be like Mikazuki!" But sure, let's pursue that line, but the writers have to ask themselves: "is there anything about him following Mika everywhere that expands upon his character, or reflects, or resonates something true about him?" and the answer, as plainly seen here, is "not much." Where's the development, here? Where's his sense of agency, or characterization?

Where the hell did Iok even run off to? If he shot from a narrow place, he had nowhere to run to but the agricultural plant. Furthermore, you'd think we'd get a more intelligent explanation as to why the armor would ignore the MS fire.

I guess the designers of the Armor took cues from Metal Gear Ray.

*Mika shows up* Oh hey look, Mecha pilot Saitama's here.

Also?
I HATE IOK I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM TO THE MAX CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM DIE A PAINFUL DEATH WATCHING HIM DIE IS WORTH WAITING FOR

...is it that you folks are just deranged, or something?
Dec 14, 2016 10:42 AM

Dec 2008
HOLY FUCK!! Just when I thought it wasn't possible for Iok to foul things up even more, he quickly demonstrates just how jacked up he really is! Please have his ass court-martialed and then executed.
Dec 15, 2016 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode, enjoyed the Mobile Armor destruction power. Can't deny the Patrick comparisons with Iok haha.

My main question until now is who's the leak guy/girl inside Tekkadan who's telling everything that happens to the smug guy inside Teiwaz board of directors. I have a feeling it's Merribit but it's just an assumption. It has to be a person with enough knowledge of what happens with the main heads of Tekkadan.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Dec 15, 2016 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Its a good thing Ion Kujan woke up that Mobile Armor. I want the Mobile Armor to kill people. Earth is decreasing in resources because idiots called human beings are greedy. They think they can just take the resources for their personal gain. Another good thing is Ion also shot the first shot to make sure the Mobile Armor change its course. Ion is a hero in the show. Plumas should've killed Ride before that little boy comes to the rescue. I wonder why a tiny child is Commando Unit Leader? He doesn't deserve it. He should stay a grunt forever for his small built.
Dec 15, 2016 6:11 PM

Oct 2008
Ioq made his mess more messier!
A lot of civilians has already perished!
Mikazuki right on time saving Ride!
Beam weapon is really devastating!
4/5.

Dec 16, 2016 5:08 AM
Mar 2012
Iok lulz so pathetic
Dinobot vs baka's team
Gundam goes EVA now, finally gundam demons explained as rival to angels.
much guilt when he tried defending farmers
Dec 17, 2016 3:55 PM

Feb 2013
This anime has a nasty habit of building things up... then not really delivering. It happened again this episode. Action at the start (over too soon) then buildup through the rest of the episode. It was still better than most in this series at least.
Dec 20, 2016 7:46 AM

Aug 2010
Iok is the biggest joke in Gundam franchise history
Dec 23, 2016 9:09 AM

Mar 2015
"We have to save you, Idiot Commander, otherwise we might actually win!"

To be fair to Iok, he did find his own arse once, but he had to use both hands and a compass to do it.
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 26, 2016 3:27 PM

Feb 2012
What's the final battle going to be? Amon Gundam vs Satan Mobile Armor (Devilman reference)

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Dec 26, 2016 3:29 PM

Feb 2012
I thought Ride Mass would do a Mu La Flaga manoeuvre and hold up the shield his suit had to the beam.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jan 3, 2017 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
OMG i can't believe he did it again, Iok screwed up everything for the 2nd time...i really hope he dies.
McGillis will fight that masked guy, i probably know who he is but let's wait until he shows his face.
Mikazuki as always in his badass pose.
I really hope they can stop that Mobile Armor before it kills more innocent people.

After these last episodes, i'm really interested in the Calamity War and why/how it happened? Why someone built those Mobile Armors, maybe we will have a prequel season or OVA's. That would be great.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 3, 2017 8:54 PM

Jan 2013
Comander-07 said:
I really really want Iok to die a painful death. He must be the single most retarded person in the history of gundam.

Probably the best comment i've read in this thread, couldn't agree more, what a moron... hope he dies soon.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 7, 2017 3:02 AM

May 2009
A sentient Mobile Armor that self-repairs, can create countless minions and wants to eradicate humanity. This is some Devil Gundam shit.
Jan 10, 2017 1:45 AM

Jun 2013
Iok needs a high-five in the face with an ax.

Honestly, it's his fault that his entire crew got slaughtered.

Nose-bleeds for Mika. Nose bleeds for days.
臭い-
Jan 27, 2017 9:03 PM

Dec 2012
What a retard. And I thought Ein was bad...
Mar 10, 2017 3:13 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another, one more time, the innocents died, all the people of the plant death!!!! ;_ ;

Mikazuki and Barbatos, what happen!!???
Mar 25, 2017 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, that was savage when the beam deflected around Ride. The title "Calamity War" just felt like another name, but now its full weight is sinking in.
Mar 27, 2017 6:08 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Sick episode, that Mobile Armor is crazy, damm Ride tried to help but still, damm...
May 4, 2017 10:46 PM

Apr 2013
Iok is the most retarded character in the history of anime TV. Let that be known from this day forward.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jun 8, 2017 12:57 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa that Mobile Armor so imba
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 3, 2017 5:24 PM

Jun 2008
Iok causes more damage with his stupidity than being evil. Who needs wicked men when you have stupid ones.

You could forgive him getting too close at the armour and activate it since he didn't know(although he should considering his position in Gjallahorn) but being so stupid thinking that he can destroy that machine with a snipe shot in his half destroyed mobile suit is really reaching the limits of braindead.
Those guys sacrificed themselves for the village idiot and he didn't even have enough brains to actually escape.

Interesting plot on why laser beam weapons aren't used. A reflecting armour that makes them useless ended up forcing more conventional weapons.

Btw i can't help but wonder why would anyone think is a great idea to create a weapon that has as basic instruction to destroy unarmed human populations by the thousands and millions. What twisted technicians created that thing.

beast_regards said:

What? Why would anyone even think the mask guy is Ein?
Ein didn't even have arms and legs and was fused with that armor by the end of first season.
The mask guy is obviously Gali Gali. His voice, his knowledge of Gjallahorn, his talk about Ein etc all make it obvious. I am surprised people still talk about this for the last few episodes or even wonder when it should have been obvious from even the second episode if not the first since there is absolutely no one else that that person could be.
The only other people that know about Chocolote man and want revenge against him are ein that become a paranoid fused body with an armor and his father that is too old for this shit.
That leaves only Gali Gali.
MonadOct 3, 2017 5:38 PM
Oct 29, 2018 9:25 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Good grief, Iok is fucking retarded. That mobile armor has been around for 300 years and is a pain to deal with, yet this idiot underestimates its strength even though he can’t hold against that armor. He’s all about “MUH MEN” and “MUH PRIDE” when he got his men killed in the first place. How is going to face them with that attitude?
Jul 26, 2019 11:42 PM

Dec 2012
They got owned.
Pluma are out.
Iok ran away after causing this shit.
Mikazuki went to get his harem.
Mikazuki will protect his harem.
Merribit bringing Orga his jacket. lol
This motherfucker Iok. OMG!!!
LMAO at Akihiro saying what kind of idiot did this.
This idiot Iok really laughing.
RIDE!!!!!!!!!
He survived, but those people...
Mikazuki saved Ride.
Vidar appears before McGillis.

Iok is a true baka.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 12, 2020 9:45 PM

Jul 2017
Maybe the best episode of this season? Good action, emotional scenes, and some character development. I disliked the start with haphazard Abrahamic mythology, living machines, and what seems to be the start of a monster-hunting story, but this episode really grew on me.
Oct 21, 2023 2:55 AM
Aug 2018
Things are always tense for Tekkadan! Another great episode from an amazing anime.
Nov 17, 2023 1:18 AM
Nov 2019
pertempuran dengan mobile armor
My Candies :
Feb 7, 3:10 AM

Jul 2017
iok really pisses me off.
''Touch the darkness inside me''
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2017

407 by KibbyDaWolf »»
Apr 18, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

220 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 1, 1:59 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2017

156 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

217 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

118 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 31, 4:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.