Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jun 14, 2020 8:34 AM

May 2018
Tsukki is the MVP! Yachi's reaction was gold as well xD
Jul 13, 2020 3:30 AM

Jun 2019
It was really good (as always) and the ending was fantastic, but as someone who has disliked Tsukishima since the beginning, I had a hard time accepting Tsukishima pretty much being the main character this season, and Hinata getting way less screentime.

Jul 16, 2020 8:55 AM

Feb 2018
Now this is EPIC, Great episode I can't tell what to say rn. But the episode has mixed emotions Sensei is cute so is Yachi and Tsukishima.
And cool Tobio-kun is going to that camp where Ushijikima when too, sounds pretty elite and cool.
9/10 season
Jul 28, 2020 4:05 PM
Oct 2019
Hmm, so I liked that more than the 1st season, and it was way better than the 2nd season.

The match was much more intense than earlier ones. I felt they did way too much internal dialogue - especially in season 2 - during the middle of play, as if time just stood still for several minutes at a time multiple times each episode. I didn't like that at all. Seemed like they cut that way down in season 3.

Season 2 also didn't seem as funny to me. There was more humor in season 3, like in season 1. And I like that.

I might give this season a 9/10. It's at least an 8/10.

Tsukki really shined this season, but Tendo was my fav.
Aug 25, 2020 3:32 AM

Jun 2020

omg i-

i was already tearing and then

Tt_________Tt

THEY FOUGHT SO HARD T_________T KARASUNO T____________________________T

also kenma's congratulations text to hinata at the end was so cute! these 2!! x)

that last shot of hinata's face when they found out kageyama was invited to take part in the training camp tho. he was so in awe and yet....

uwuuu...........

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 4, 2020 11:44 AM

Sep 2019
Tsukishima is truly the MVP of this season . Because of him they won, there is no single doubt in my mind that he is the best character in this show (obviously in my opinion).

9/10.
Sep 4, 2020 12:38 PM

May 2014
I think for me, the Aoba Johsai match had a stronger conclusion, but this one was full of crazy moments like Tsukki's block and Nishinoya's double save. 8/10 overall for me.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sep 7, 2020 8:43 AM
Aug 2020
Couldn't help but notice the song at the ceremony which is the music for "a toi la gloire" from the adventiste french hymnal i play this song on piano almost every sabbath church service(it felt good to hear it in this anime).
Oct 2, 2020 11:08 AM

Mar 2020
Damn this episode was surely intense and emotional for all of them. Tsuki was indeed one of the MVPs.
Nov 16, 2020 1:33 AM

Sep 2016
I dead thought karasuno was gonna lose this season in a hard fought crazy battle, and then bounce back next season but damn i really love this show because it has a tendency to surprise me in crazy ways im hella proud of the bois man they did their thing kudos
Facta Non Verba
Jan 8, 2021 2:25 PM

Dec 2013
i can't stop crying........... haikyuu is trying to KILL ME.
great episode, great season. everything in this is great. <3
Jan 16, 2021 11:47 AM

Mar 2017
what an absolute ride. i am genuinely surprised how good this season was, definitely worth all the hype it gets.
Feb 19, 2021 3:58 PM

Mar 2019
      First of all, this season was amazing. The only thing that kind of annoyed me were those flashbacks that decided who's going to get the advantage, but besides that I loved everything.

Karasuno winning was also a big factor just for the fact that Suga, Daichi and Asahi were able TO GO AT THE NATIONALS!!! Right before they graduated and that was so beautifully illustrated when everyone cried INCLUDING KIYOKO!!!

What I also loved (and I used to not like it as much before starting Haikyuu) was the crows-eagle thing. But now, seeing those AMAZING frames and the meaning behind it ( Ushijima being the only eagle as he was "one man team" as many said even though the other players were also great, for example Satori, fighting against all the Karasuno members and as OIKAWAAAA said, the team with the strongest 6 players is the strongest, Karasuno being the winners).

And again, what I loved about the Oikawa fight ~(which I feel like was better than this one and the best moment in the anime so far but it would be highly debatable, even for me)~was Ushijima's words at the end, meaning that this isn't over YET!! And that makes me hype because I liked Ushijima A LOT as a character.

While I'm still kind of sad that Satori's quitting voleyball after highschool, overall this was a happy ending. Of course, there can only be one team so you can't be 100% happy with the results, but we were there with Karasuno since the beginning and at least for me, I love those 3 guys more than Ushijima.

Satori was annoying, but he had amazing moments and overall I kind of liked him, more than Mad Dog-chan at least.

Amazing season, though I can't give it a 10/10 so a solid 9/10, won't go any lower than that but maybe I'll raise it to 10/10 in the future, I don't know.
Alex_TheForestJan 6, 2023 12:38 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 26, 2021 7:49 PM
Nov 2020
I felt so many emotions during this season. I'm excited, mad, sad, and curious. I can't wait to watch the next season. :D
Mar 3, 2021 8:27 PM

Nov 2016
This was a great season, the OST was awesome, the animation was awesome, and I was tensed the whole time, Shiratorizawa's pressure surely is something.

One thing I would change is giving more the spotlight for Shoyu, despite him scoring the final point, he was sidelined for most of this match I think (by Protagonist standards of course), I felt that Tsukishima, Captain, Nishinoya and Tanaka shined more.

Either way I still give a 10/10.

EDIT: And I would change the red-haired guy's personality, he came off as a creepy way too much, sometimes it was even kinda gross eeww
Apr 13, 2021 4:30 AM

Jan 2021
This season was hands down 20/10 guys, be it the feels, the character development, the realistic emotions, the fighting spirit, the taste of a hard fought victory and the disappointment of loss, it had it all. Best season of Haikyuu and also the best anime for me since I started getting into anime from last year👌😍!!

Apr 15, 2021 6:40 PM

Mar 2020
That last set was so nerve wracking! They just kept trading points back and forth!

Tsukishima came in clutch there at the end! I feel his pain with his pinkie injury, it's no joke. For it to get hit hard enough for it to start bleeding must have been brutal. The sheer willpower to keep going is admirable, not so much as crying out in pain whenever he blocked with that hand. All he was thinking about while getting bandaged up was what play to use when he got back on the court. Absolute mad lad. He's come a long way from his apathetic and smarmy attitude from season 1. I'm beginning to understand why he's one of the more popular characters.

Even though I could tell from the way the match was presented there at the end that they were going to win, I was still on the edge of my seat with a big smile on my face in disbelief of that final shot of the ball hitting the ground. It's not often that a piece of media can illicit a physical emotional response from me. The show does a great job of visualizing the determination and grit of the characters, making us feel the stakes as much as they do.

I'm especially happy for Daichi, Suga and Asahi. They get to go to Nationals during their last year in high school. This is their chance!
Apr 24, 2021 6:58 PM

May 2020
The best season so far, every moment was hype af and this made Tsukishima one of the best if not the best character in Haikyuu
May 1, 2021 2:05 PM

Aug 2017
It was a good season overall. S3 is sports in the purest sense but if u ask me I didn't feel the final result very impactful like S1 or S2. And this season could have 1 or 2 episodes more...they even just breezed over almost an entire set, Shiratorizawa doesn't have a lot of scenes to care about them especially in their own season and the SOL/training episodes are vital for Haikyuu!!

6/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMay 3, 2021 10:22 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 11, 2021 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Well that was amazing.
The final point was done incredibly well, I almost shouted in excitement when they won. And that's the mastery of this season I think. I pretty much knew karasuno would win just because of plot and stuff. But for them to still keep me on the edge of my seat every episode while knowing the outcome is unreal. Easy top 20 series to this point, but I know season 4 is worse so I'll have to wait to see how this series falls.
Flipping between a 9 and a 10, leaning towards the 9. Still an all around perfect season.
Oct 6, 2021 4:23 AM

Feb 2014
OMG THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!

what an amazing match! the visusals, that symbolic animation of Ushijima pushing the team down, ooff this ep was great finish to the match and season! Loved every bit of it, Tsukki defo the MVP!! I don't have enough words, I just had goosebumps when watching, and imagine, this is upon my re-watch, I've already seen all of this, still amazing! Now I haven't seen S4 yet and I've been told its kinda shit but I still need to watch it, I just hope it isn't too bad...

I shall stick w my 9/10 for the series!
SpiritGTOct 6, 2021 5:18 AM
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jan 2, 2022 2:24 PM

Dec 2016
Amazing season! It was very much expected that they would win but the road to the first stop is what makes this season so exiting and intense. Who would have thought one match would be so amazing to watch for 10 episodes.

I appreciate the shine Tsukki got this season, as the coach said the MVP of the match. I loved Tendo and Ushijima as well. I really hope that we'll get more of them, or at least Ushijima. I wonder if he'll ever have a nicer relationship with Hinata.
Tsukki is still fired up even after the match, i'm sure he'll find more demon spikers like Ushijima to properly block.

Asashi was the only one lacking in some screentime and story telling part. However I'm thankful for all those sweet moments of them as third years and how important it is for them to move forward.

I'm really sad about the passing of the voice actor behind the coach's voice. I hoped he got swapped due to a drama or hiatus when I noticed the voice change.
Apr 19, 2022 7:14 AM

Dec 2020
Okay. Okay. OKAY Karasuno won! KARASUNO WON!!

This was a fantastic season. I was worried before starting this season because we didn't know any of the players from Shiratorizawa (except Ushiwaka of course), but I still cared for all of them, and even cheered for Shiratorizawa at times. I liked the team and the players so much that I wouldn't have minded them winning.

Tendou was easily my favourite character from this season. His talk with Ushiwaka in this episode was great. I loved it. Ushiwaka is another character I really liked. He was a beast throughout the match. I hope we get to see more of him in the future. Though I am sad Tendou is going to quit volleyball.

Goshiki and Shirabu were the other characters from Shiratorizawa that stood out for me. Semi, Ohira, Hayato and Kawanishi also had their moments.

Tsukki was indeed the MVP for Karasuno. He made a lot of difference. Definitely my favourite character this season from Karasuno. The third years also had some pretty good moments.

The imagery with Ushiwaka pushing down Hinata and Tsukki and then the others helping them fight back was excellent.

It was nice to see Oikawa and Iwaizumi. I want to see more of Oikawa too!
Also, lol at Oikawa going home as soon as the match ended because he didn't want to watch the award ceremony.

This is definitely my favourite match from Haikyuu along with Karasuno vs Seijoh.

Overall, this was an amazing season. Couldn't have asked for a better one.
troilus_05sApr 19, 2022 7:18 AM
Jul 7, 2022 3:55 AM
Jan 2020
Pussymaguchi isn't insufferable right now, let's goo
Jul 30, 2022 10:31 AM
Jan 2021
Teamwork beats raw power...

It was an amazing sight to see and Hinata showcased his evolution throughout the match with his back row attacks.

For the first time, Shiratorizawa were on the ropes struggling to close out the game, and they lost.

This series does a great job celebrating the win of Karasuno while letting the audience share the pain of the loss on the other side.

Let's see how Karasuno does at Nationals!
Aug 9, 2022 9:22 AM
Aug 2021
What a perfect way to end the season! The crows fly to Tokyo once more - no longer a fallen powerhouse! Can't wait to see who gets through to the Nationals out of Nekoma and Fukurodani, although I suspect it'll be Nekoma.
Sep 2, 2022 9:20 AM
Feb 2018
So intense, shivering and awesome episode
Sep 18, 2022 11:41 AM
Aug 2022
Masterpiece..I want more
Oct 27, 2022 11:17 AM
Dec 2021
best season to now
Nov 14, 2022 3:11 PM

Aug 2021
i'm not gonna lie, i was actually expecting them to lose for some reason but i'm glad they didn't
Dec 23, 2022 10:37 PM
Sep 2020
blue lock is better
Jan 26, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2023
BEST THING IVE WATCHED
Apr 18, 2023 12:57 PM
Apr 2023
i discovered this sport with this anime, it's one of the better sport anime for me
May 29, 2023 2:11 AM
May 2021
very cool ending yes
Jul 6, 2023 7:10 AM
Jul 2021
the satisfaction.
Jul 12, 2023 5:40 AM
May 2022
LET'S GO TO SEASON 4!!!!!
Aug 13, 2023 10:18 PM
Mar 2021
Great show, amazing characters, hilarious humor
Aug 24, 2023 3:52 AM

Dec 2007
i seriously had tears in my eyes when it revealed them to win. seriously great wind :D

while this was long match, i can say surely that one of the big character development here was tsukishima. he certainly grew on me in this match.

that twist in the end. is that mean that , err , he won't participate in the syonken?

--

so for this season.
first of all, if i wasn't watching it marathonly, i doubt i would excited the same as i watched. waiting weekly for sport episodes? i'm not fitting for this. specially with how tense this season was.
certainly, this season contained only one match and it still was 10 episodes. i won't complain on the length or anything, since i don't think there was a useless episodes, but since i understood they shortened this match from the manga, i'm actually glad.
certainly, making full season on one match is good and all, but i hardly felt there was a breath of air. the very few thing we had was flashbacks.
it's not bad or anything, but it certainly made me restless and little patience. which is another thing that if it were longer, i probably would stop watching. there's a reason why most anime does beach episodes and such, i hardly felt my breath was steady watching this season.

never the less, this was perfect. the art got serious upgrade as it felt like i'm watching a movie. the animation was fluid. and the OST really surprised me at times.
my only complain is, that while this season was tense and hype, the only memorable episode for me to be super epic would be episode 4. the only episode i rewatched some of it's plays.
i also think there was too much luck of hinata play
surely, haikyuu is about a group and more of character development, and i liked tsukishima. but maybe, just maybe, i wanted little goro treatment of maajor for hinata.

still though, best season yet. it's also the best considering it's pace.
9/10
Oct 22, 2023 11:02 PM

Jan 2016
Wow this is only the second anime I binged in one night. What a fantastic show of 5 sets. I’m sure both teams were at the limit but Karasuno pushed it a little more than Shiratori. Ushiwaka is still the best and someone only #3 spiker in all of Japan highschools. This anime does a good job of making me like the opponents a lot. I’m not sure how they will do in the Nationals though. 10/10 for this season.

Oct 23, 2023 6:04 PM
Jul 2017
great ending to a decent season
kageyama is going to the training camp
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2016

202 by Koalovisk »»
Feb 18, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2016

249 by vit_ »»
Feb 15, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

116 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 8:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2016

135 by SHS13 »»
Feb 5, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou VS Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2016

126 by Cammell »»
Nov 2, 2023 10:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.