Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 27, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, lots explained.
Jan 1, 2017 7:06 PM
Nov 2015
Man I feel bad for Cocona. Why the fuck is Papika(na) so insensitive to her, it annoys me. She should be the only one who is supportive of her, yet she is like "nah bruh, Mimi is my true and only friend and partner", after all the shit that Cocana has gone through. Really annoying.

Guess now it's getting supernatural too; Mimi soul inside Cocona (and she is her mother), ageless Papika and cultist granny.
Jan 4, 2017 10:37 PM

May 2012
This anime is actually more dark than I first expected! Really impressive development I must say, I really love where this is going! Looking forward to see what the last three episodes will have to offer!
Jan 11, 2017 8:25 PM

Jan 2016
Lots of answers that raised even more questions!
Jan 14, 2017 4:54 PM
Apr 2014
So even her grandmother was a fake? What a shitty situation to find yourself in. I mean effectively her entire life was a lie(ignoring the fact that obviously Yayaka really wants to be her friend but for some reason can't just betray her organization).
Jan 18, 2017 5:48 AM

Mar 2015
Wow that bit at the end! Cocona and Mimi are related!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 21, 2017 10:22 PM

Apr 2013
What! What the fuck!!!! What THE FUCK!!!!!!
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jan 25, 2017 3:10 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, what a plot twist.
But I can't stop comparing this show with Madoka, which is not a good thing because this seems to be a "copy".
Mar 16, 2017 5:01 PM

Feb 2015
Wow! Brilliant episode! Did not see that coming! We finally got to see Mimi, understand her, which was great. And then it turns out she's Cocona's mother??? Whaaat??? So cool. And I bet Salt is Cocona's father? Now we also saw that Salt was much younger when Papika first met Mimi, which suggests that Papika simply doesn't show signs of ageing for whatever reason - even though she must have been alive for a while for this timing to make sense. We still have more episodes to explain. Oh and really didn't think Cocona's grandmother would turn out to be allied with the enemies and a complete liar. She's probably not even her real grandmother. Her wheelchair did always seem suspicious to me but I didn't expect that. Just really looking forward to what comes next.
Apr 7, 2017 6:28 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck, even the grandma is deceiving her. ;_;
May 25, 2017 11:54 AM

Feb 2014
Wow, so Cocona's entire life is basically a lie, and she's really only been a tool. That's depressing :( Imagine that you had to live with your grandma because your parents “died in an accident” (let's be honest, that's probably a lie too), but then even your grandma turns against you. Just wow.

Her friendship with Yayaka is also reminding me of the plot for Mean Girls 2...lol :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2015
Well...
Not convinced.
Sep 6, 2017 2:38 PM

Apr 2013
Oh so she had an amorphous this entire time? I somehow thought the robot Bu-chan inserted that into her thigh the first time they went to Pure Illusion.

Sep 14, 2017 9:03 PM

Mar 2016
Kinda some End of Evangelion vibes going on this episode.
Missing the cream though...
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Jan 30, 2019 3:12 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This is some Steven Universe logic right there.

Oh my god but I fucking love it.

Grandma is a traitor, Mimi is my mom, Papika and Salt are old and been here since forever. Like holy fuck this unearthed everything. Also I love the small details of the flashback how Papika always lived like that and how Salt was actually a cutie what the heck!

That end song always hits at the perfect time.
Jul 18, 2019 11:35 PM

Oct 2017
Finally got information about Mimi and that she is Cocona’s mother. As soon as we got into Cocona’s dream this episode it finally clicked to me that the character would be Mimi. I wonder how Papika hasn’t aged, maybe she got trapped in Pure Illusion for a while. Hope Yayaka is okay, she has a sad backstory.
Mar 31, 2020 7:30 PM

May 2013
OMYGAAWWWWDDDDDDD! I didn't expect Mimi to be her mother hahah. Totes thought older sister xD

I had a feeling her Grandmother was someone fishy. I joked in my head "plot twist, the grandmother is evil hahahah" Didn't think it was likely to be true, omg XD

Chibi Salt is q <3 I need to know why Papika doesn't age :3 maybe she was exposed to the Pure Illusion world for too long it distorted her growth? :0
May 5, 2020 3:18 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Little by little every parts of the story get revelations.

Now everything got clear episode by episode. So, for the last 3 finals, how this mind-blowing story ended? How well Cocona can finish her broken shitty life? What happen to that Pure Shitty Illusion world gone in the end? Let see, how well the studio give a nice ending with amazing approaching, or rather give me a dull and flat ending toward the difficulty i passed before.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 24, 2020 3:28 PM

Feb 2020
Ooookay, the majority of the twists were very predictable, but the granny having something to do with all this mess came out of nowhere. I mean, it makes sense for her to be fake but come on, the way they revealed it was laughable.
I feel bad for Cocona though. She was a totally normal girl, and then it turns out literally everything she knew was a lie and she's always been someone else's replacement (even if Papika denies it).
But Mimi not only lives inside Cocona through the fragment, but she actually is her mom ?! How ?! Why ?! And how come Papika is currently the same age as Cocona then ?! WHAT IS GOING ON ?!
FafetteAug 25, 2020 1:34 AM
Aug 24, 2020 5:28 PM
May 2017
Fafette said:
Ooookay, the majority of the twists were very predictable, but the granny having something to do with all this mess went out of nowhere. I mean, it makes sense for her to be fake but come on, the way they revealed it was laughable.
I feel bad for Cocona though. She was a totally normal girl, and then it turns out literally everything she knew was a lie and she's always been someone else's replacement (even if Papika denies it).
But Mimi not only lives inside Cocona through the fragment, but she actually is her mom ?! How ?! Why ?! And how come Papika is currently the same age as Cocona then ?! WHAT IS GOING ON ?!

and this is why i was excited to see your reaction to episode 10

while episode 9 is personally my favorite episode of the series, i think episode 10 is the best episode in the series, due to the sheer amount of twists and revelations
Oct 22, 2020 9:01 PM

Jul 2020
So Episode 10 is the greatest plot twist in anime history. Now everything is starting to make a lot of sense, and at the same time it doesn't. I love it. Such an intense chapter is about to give this series a 9.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Mar 21, 2021 6:05 AM

Feb 2020
Shocking revelations, especially with Mimi being Cocona's mother.

Poor Cocona was betrayed by everyone. Her whole life was basically a lie.

SerafosDec 17, 2023 8:24 AM
Oct 4, 2021 4:18 AM

Feb 2019
THE PLOT THICKENS!!!!

Mimi is Cocona's mom???!!

So Papika is from the past, and that kid is Dr. Salt.

That shot where Cocona's "grandma" standing is chilling. Anime betrayal.

Mimi's awaken! The amorphous fragments are pieces of her soul.

Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Nov 8, 2022 5:40 PM

Oct 2022
So the pieces are falling together and now remains to be seen how it all fits together. The Mimi and Salt pieces of the puzzle are in place, all that remains is seeing true nature of the Incident that led to the loss of Mimi as well as true nature of Papika and, in turn, the true real world.

Mar 9, 2023 5:27 PM
Jan 2017
Ain't going to lie. never saw the robot granny thing coming. I down right yelled 'you bitch'! at my tele. Loving it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Flip Flappers Taken Off of HiDive!

Pish_Posh - Dec 3, 2023

0 by Pish_Posh »»
Dec 3, 2023 7:37 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2016

189 by Atsunome »»
Nov 12, 2023 11:26 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

142 by Touka »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2016

143 by Touka »»
Sep 26, 2023 11:30 AM

Poll: » Flip Flappers Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2016

188 by natraesitur »»
Jul 5, 2023 11:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.