Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 8, 2016 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I have to admit, I'm impressed. Carrot with her clever thinking and sneak attack in the Mirror World...nice. Looks like Big Mom is about to deal with Brooke. That could get ugly.

I wonder what the hell just happened to Reiju?? She looks bad D:
Dec 8, 2016 4:13 AM

Dec 2013
Classic Brook!

Reiju being injured was a shock! How dare they hurt her!
Dec 8, 2016 4:30 AM

May 2015
I laughed at robin's cosplays.

Damn that last page, totally another level of tension and mystery.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2016 4:35 AM

Sep 2014
Chopper,Carrot and Brook were awesome this week.The latter though is in big trouble now that he encountered Big Mom.Pedro lost 50 years of his life because of Mom.Will he die here?I personally doubt it.That ending though was very unexpected.I wonder what happened to Reiju.
Dec 8, 2016 4:50 AM

Dec 2011
Things are moving quite fast this chapter and so many things happens.
Chopper and Carrot beat Brulée.
Brook vs Mama coming
What happens to Reiju :(
Why is she injured?
I'm glad no break next week but I guess it's is due to Christmas and New Year coming.Since WSJ will be on break.
Dec 8, 2016 5:01 AM

Jun 2016
Like promised, the pathing is fast!

Can't believe we're 50% done with this arc, it seems to me that there are to many events at once and finishing in less than 25 chapters and I agree with Rogersbase, BM will not be defeated in this arc, Luffy don't have that kind of power. Maybe Brook if I believe all the theory out there: Soul King vs Soul Queen?

We can just wait and see what GODA reserves us.
Dec 8, 2016 5:09 AM

Oct 2015
The SOUL king vs Big Mom (who can control souls)...?

It pretty much seems like Brook could be a really good opponent against Big Mom. Also the only big-shot who could help Big Mom out is the person who can "dry" anyone. But Brook has no bodyfluids either. It really seems like Brook could win easily, but it cannot be that easy against the Yonkou. I am really excited how Oda imagined Brook against Big Mom and the fluid-girl. Anyone else on the hype-train with me?
Dec 8, 2016 5:19 AM

Jun 2014
Uh oh, looks like Brook is in some deep shit now. Pedro lost 50 years of his lifespan? I feel like he still won't die though. I also want to know just what the hell happened to Reiju that got her so badly injured.

Good job to Chopper and Carrot for defeating Brulee.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 8, 2016 5:21 AM

Aug 2010
This chap was so good!!

Friggin Bropper and Carrot. Keikaku Doori bitches :D And Carrots just keeps impressing. Love her so much

Brook REKTing bitches left and right. Friggin Big Mom tho...So Brook's the first of the SHs to meet her in the flesh Yohohoho.

Pedro and Tamago's past :o And friggin 50 years O_O

Dat last page :( I'm guessing Big Mom was thinking the same as Vinsmokes by taking a hostage. Reiju managed her own but got badly injured in return

I love the fact the Whole Cake Arc is more than half way done :D The pace is gonna be insane during these nxt 20 chps or so. Can't friggin wait
Dec 8, 2016 5:32 AM

Mar 2014
The awesome teamwork of Bropper and Carrot! One sister down many to go...
Brook might want to book it quick Big Mom herself making the extrance...
As much I didnt trust Reiju to be on Sanji's side in the past...Maybe now I can trust her looking at her current condition, would laugh if the other brothers and Father betray her
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 8, 2016 5:47 AM
Sep 2016
Barion-Zara said:
This chap was so good!!

Friggin Bropper and Carrot. Keikaku Doori bitches :D And Carrots just keeps impressing. Love her so much

Brook REKTing bitches left and right. Friggin Big Mom tho...So Brook's the first of the SHs to meet her in the flesh Yohohoho.

Dat last page :( I'm guessing Big Mom was thinking the same as Vinsmokes by taking a hostage. Reiju managed her own but got badly injured in return

I love the fact the Whole Cake Arc is more than half way done :D The pace is gonna be insane during these nxt 20 chps or so. Can't friggin wait
Second, Sanji was first.
Dec 8, 2016 6:01 AM
Sep 2012
Well last chapter was Brock, this week it is Chopper's turn to show off. And this whole battle just continues to give me nightmare fuel. But yes Chopper you are the man, or should I say you are the dear. Though with Brock it probably comes with a price, because I am sure now Big Mom is going to want him in his collection.

And yes looks like Brock is now a target of Big Mom the collector.

Meanwhile well we are reminded that Vinsmokes are jerks, and I don't blame Reijiu from leaving the room, she probably those guys were going to talk like that. The idea the male Vinsmokes they are going to team up with the Strawhats at the end of this arc, I don't think it is happening, I don't think Luffy would want people like that fighting along side him.

We see Sanji is cooking, and Pudding is missing, and maybe she is going to commit suicide. I thought she was just going to run away, but perhaps death is a better way, to have a better chance of Big Mom not being so mad.

And Pedro, he has nothing to lose, he plans on dying, between him and Pudding maybe, is everyone thinking of dying.

And what happened to Reijiu, I don't know how to interrupt that, I am hoping one of the Strawhats shows up and they team up, I don't know how that is going to happen. My first thought that Pudding was behind it, and her plan is to get the Vinsmokes and Big Mom pirates to go to war, and that would put a stop to his wedding. If so, well that is a good plan, though I rather she attacked one of the brothers. Though I doubt it.
blfanDec 8, 2016 6:10 AM
Dec 8, 2016 6:06 AM

May 2014
SOOO GOOOD

Loved this chapter panel to panel

With Pacing like this the anime should be awesome too!

Dec 8, 2016 6:09 AM
Dec 2016
Barion-Zara said:

I agree...It's either that or Pudding set her up too.
Sorry i'm still not buying pudding good girl act.
Dec 8, 2016 6:12 AM
Sep 2012
Yakano said:
Barion-Zara said:

I agree...It's either that or Pudding set her up too.
Sorry i'm still not buying pudding good girl act.

Why do you hate Pudding so much?
Dec 8, 2016 6:16 AM
Oct 2013
zal said:

Mistery definately, tension not so much.

We all know 100% Reiju is gonna be fine, we also know that Sanji will reunite with the Strawhats.

If Brook and Pedro get captured and thrown into Jail too and then escape by some bs yet again I´m gonna puke rainbows. This formula is so repetetive that´s become retarded at this point,.It started with Little Garden and it happens every second arc for no reason. Alabasta, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island and now again? Repetition is among the most annoying things the series suffers from.

Nonethless it´s intriguing and I wanna find out what will happen next, how they´ll get out of that pinch and what repercussions the whole arc will have on the general story.
IsterioDec 8, 2016 6:39 AM
Dec 8, 2016 6:59 AM
Apr 2016
That cliffhanger though!!! 4/5. Good chapter.
Dec 8, 2016 7:24 AM

Jan 2016
No break next week
feelsgoodman
Dec 8, 2016 7:33 AM

Dec 2014
Great chapter.

Vinsmokes are trying to keep Pudding hostage by making her live on Germa with Sanji, while Big Mom wants to do the same with Sanji. The Vinsmokes don't give a shit about him. :(

Bropper and Carrot wrecking Brulee, Loved those action panels. Wonder how they tricked Brulee into making the frog appearing as Carrot.

SKULL JOKE , Why didn't you say it Brook? :(
Holy Shit! Big Mom came after Brook in person. He is deep trouble now.

50 years from Pedro's lifespan, The guy's come willing to sacrifice his life for the StrawHats. My respect for Mink loyalty keeps growing.
What happened to Reiju? :O
Dec 8, 2016 7:33 AM

Nov 2010
RileyReid said:
No break next week
feelsgoodman

Whole Jump is on a break next week. Sorry.
Dec 8, 2016 8:00 AM

Nov 2015
Such a good chapter. Carrot and Chopper were amazing! And Brook is a badass!!

Oh no I love Reiju what will happen to her ;_;

Dec 8, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
zal said:

We all know 100% Reiju is gonna be fine, we also know that Sanji will reunite with the Strawhats.
Tension not because someone has to die but because there's something off going on and that might be only the beginning of shit actually going down..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2016 8:46 AM
Sep 2012
Another reason Pudding could have been the one to attack Reijiu besides get the families to hate each other and stop the wedding, or something to do with Reijiu's powers that could prevent Pudding from killing herself.

Another reason is simply revenge for Sanji. Remember Pudding knows how the Vinsmokes treated Sanji, she found out a few chapters ago when he took the masks and had the two had that emotionally moment. Pudding doesn't know the details the Vinsmokes, so Pudding just assumed Reijiu is like Sanji's brothers, so from her prospective, she saw a chance to take some revenge for Sanji.
Dec 8, 2016 9:10 AM
Mar 2014
Something I've never ask myself... does Brook have a life span? Can he die of old age?
Dec 8, 2016 9:12 AM
May 2010
I love the cosplay on the cover page, there are some that I don't know though and I'm really curious about them.
The ones I know are
Sanji : Deku, Soma
Zoro : Asta, Tanjirou
Chopper : Hinata
Ussop : Saiki
Robin : Isobe, Gintoki?
Nami : Yuuna

I'm drawing blank for the Brook and Franky cosplay
Dec 8, 2016 9:34 AM
Dec 2016
Hi, has anyone noticed the painting on the wall behind the Vismoks. The painting maybe alive and informing Big MOM of Vismock thinking.

Big MOM will know what Vismoks are plotting and may ask them to marry the older son instead of Sanji.
Dec 8, 2016 9:38 AM
Dec 2016
Reiju has also fallen in love for Luffy and lost her touch the poison she removed from Luffy is killing her. (lol)
Dec 8, 2016 10:41 AM

Dec 2012
Great chapter.
Love the Bropper & Carrot teamwork. Brulee & the others taken out.

Brook is way too cool taking down henchmen. Big Mom already at the Treasure Room & is pissed.

Woah Pedro lost 50 yrs.
DAMN what happened to Reiju?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 8, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2012
Acting all high and mighty like that really just amplifies the Vinsmokes' arrogance. It's sad that they don't even realize how weak they are... I'm pretty sure Sanji could've taken them all out single-handedly if it weren't for their underhanded tactics... which I'm pretty sure Big Mom has the upper-hand in that area, as well as in brute force. Hell, without Big Mom's help they probably couldn't have even trapped Sanji to begin with.

But the way they acted like they've already won against Big Mom, I knew with the talk about Reiju missing they had to already be targeting her.

Marius_Eternal said:
Barion-Zara said:
Second, Sanji was first.
True, but Brook's the first to meet her as an enemy. (Also, I believe that was a skull joke.)

Luffybase said:
Hi, has anyone noticed the painting on the wall behind the Vismoks. The painting maybe alive and informing Big MOM of Vismock thinking.

Big MOM will know what Vismoks are plotting and may ask them to marry the older son instead of Sanji.
Maybe, but I mean practically everything including the tea is 'alive' in there. Though the expression on the wall area does look suspicious I suppose. Point being though, that's just as possible with anything in that room. Either way, they are idiotic to be talking so care-freely like that.

That would be a good twist if that happened though, but I think at this point she wants it to be Sanji. But there's gonna be a lot of chaos soon once that bomb explodes. There's no telling how Big Mom will react with that. With the Vinsmokes at the table, they'll probably assume that Big Mom set a trap, and vice-versa. Then all prior negotiations between all parties are out the window.
Dec 8, 2016 2:08 PM
Sep 2016
Maybe Big Mom was planning on killing all the Vinsmokes except Sanji that way she'd have complete control over the germa kingdom instead of just being allies with them.
Dec 8, 2016 2:29 PM

Mar 2016
Things are starting to heat up...
Chopper & Carrot were really cool, Brûlée's team was wiped out swiftly.

Are we heading towards a Brook vs Big Mom ?
Reiju :o
Dec 8, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2014
Carrot is friggin' awesome /o/
Brook vs Mama oh yes, this is gonna be good.
Somehow I think Pedro is not gonna die.
Wonder who the hell attacked Reiju, really looking forward to the next chapter!
Dec 8, 2016 7:18 PM

Sep 2013
Chopper and carrot beat brulei and now have the mirror world in control, which is the key to getting off the island.
Brook should be able to escape big mom and smoothie since his DF is the perfect counter to theirs.
Pedro got his lifespan taken :O

Reiju :(
Dec 8, 2016 8:09 PM

Apr 2014
The10tailedwolf said:
Something I've never ask myself... does Brook have a life span? Can he die of old age?
Brook did mention something about hoping to be able too meet Laboon again before his second lifespan come to an end back on TB, I don't know for sure but according to Brook, he has a lifespan.
Dec 8, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
The10tailedwolf said:
Brook did mention something about hoping to be able too meet Laboon again before his second lifespan come to an end back on TB, I don't know for sure but according to Brook, he has a lifespan.

but if he doesn't, he will become BM's natural enemy. Just like Perona vs Usop. lol
Dec 8, 2016 9:14 PM

Jun 2012
Seangel said:
tr1ckst3r said:

but if he doesn't, he will become BM's natural enemy. Just like Perona vs Usop. lol
Well, he might be called the Soul King, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has the strongest control over souls... as of yet we don't know that his fruit actually grants him the ability to manipulate others' souls... that could just literally be the soul of his music or whatnot. And even then, it seems like Big Mom's powers are directly for manipulating others' souls... where Brook's abilities seem more directed towards his own soul.

Not to say it won't cause complications cause I'm sure it will, but I think it would be an issue for both sides. Also Perona isn't on the level of a Yonkou either... and Usopp didn't beat her with any powers or anything. It was just a case of his personality making him immune to her abilities, just like Luffy or Mihawk to Hancock's abilities.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't think that alone is going to be enough to defeat her. If she's weak without her abilities then it's possible, but I don't feel like Brook's just gonna outright destroy her.
Dec 8, 2016 11:05 PM

Jun 2013
Hah! Brulee and Co. got dealt with...nice planinning from both Bropper and Carrot.

Pedro is dying!? oh dear. 50 Years. so he plans go to Like Whitebeard....a MAN! and Brook got Mom after him... I hope he successfully at least got the copy of Red Poneglyph...

and Sanji and Pudding would have to live in Germa!? OH F*** Pure HELL!!! Pudding's plan will save Sanji from hell...

AND REIJU!? WTF HAPPENED!!! STRAIGHT INTO ARTILLERY!!! she will bleed out!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 8, 2016 11:19 PM
Jan 2015
Brook vs Big Mom happen faster than I thought ..let's see what can Brook can do against her , I hope he at least do something to Big Mom's power for long term
Dec 8, 2016 11:47 PM
Dec 2016
way the go, bropper and carrot!! brulee's group were wiped out, it seems you two would be the key to make an escape route for the rest of the team..

hhahaha, what a bad luck you had there Brook. Soul King vs. Soul Queen, it's going to be ugly if that were to be happened.

Pedro were a former pirates captain, huh?! it seems, he really had deep connection with Big Mom Pirates, especially with Baron Tamago. 50 years of lifespan were taken out?! that's outrageous!!

WHO THE HELL PERSON that DARE LAY HIS/HER FINGER on BELOVED REIJUU-CHAN!!! I won't forgive him/her, you're not gonna get away with this!!

overall, nice chapter, I could hardly wait for the next one. ^_^
Dec 9, 2016 2:27 AM
Dec 2016
because brook already died maybe big mom can't lifespain him lol
Dec 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2014
HalibelTheEspada said:

... and Usopp didn't beat her with any powers or anything. It was just a case of his personality making him immune to her abilities, just like Luffy or Mihawk to Hancock's abilities.

That's exactly what I mean, another interesting example is Enel vs Luffy which rubber is immune to electricity.
If Brook doesn't have anymore lifespan to take from him, that's mean he's the only person that have the immunity to BM's deadly DF power; but that does not necessarily makes Brook can defeat BM easily.
Dec 9, 2016 9:58 AM

Mar 2014
This arc has great buildup. Neither the Big Mom Crew or the Germa have motive to harm Reiju so a third player (not including Straw Hats) is probably making a move. I want the Yonko to start clashing, but I really hope this arc at least finishes with the Vinsmoke family getting the shit kicked out of them.
Dec 9, 2016 1:11 PM

Dec 2016
frankykun13 said:
Brook vs Big Mom happen faster than I thought ..let's see what can Brook can do against her , I hope he at least do something to Big Mom's power for long term

I'm curious to see what they can do against each other since both have some kind of soul power in them
Dec 9, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2015
I guess Brooks & Big Moms abilities will cancel each other out somehow.
Dec 9, 2016 4:11 PM

Dec 2016
TrashDax said:

How so?
Care to explain your theory?
Dec 9, 2016 7:18 PM

Jan 2014
IgnitionZer0 said:
TrashDax said:

How so?

I think that Big Mom's weakness is Brook, since Brook can control soul at his command, and Brook's devil fruit is giving him immortal life (he doesn't have any lifespan left, he's already dead), I don't think Big Mom can take his life away (like what she did with Pedro and Jinbe) with her power.

what happened to Reiju!? It look like that's gonna start the war between Big Mom and Germa 66 once Reiju back.
Dec 9, 2016 8:39 PM
Jul 2015
Really i hate oda
the last page damit !!!!!!
Dec 9, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2015
Barion-Zara said:
This chap was so good!!

That would be the most probable reason. Excited to see brook face off against BM.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Dec 10, 2016 5:54 AM

Jun 2015
IgnitionZer0 said:
TrashDax said:

How so?

Technically, they are both able to control souls (though in different ways), so my guess is neither will be able to manipulate the other effectively.
Dec 10, 2016 8:31 AM
Sep 2015
Isterio said:
zal said:

If Brook and Pedro get captured and thrown into Jail too and then escape by some bs yet again I´m gonna puke rainbows. This formula is so repetetive that´s become retarded at this point,.It started with Little Garden and it happens every second arc for no reason. Alabasta, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island and now again? Repetition is among the most annoying things the series suffers from.

Nonethless it´s intriguing and I wanna find out what will happen next, how they´ll get out of that pinch and what repercussions the whole arc will have on the general story.

What about Water 7, Shabondy archipielago, Amazon Lily, Impel Dawn, Marineford and Zou?, what you call formula is something usual but not the rule, Oda proved that with those arcs, its true that what you say happens often but sooner or later Oda will break the pattern again, the good thing about the formula in one piece is that is amazing when Oda breaks it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

9 by ramshireesh_1 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Apr 22, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.