Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 7, 2016 3:37 PM
May 2016
I was wondering if I could watch Durarara!!, but both my parents and I have objection to sexual content/nudity/underdressed characters. I was wondering if Durarara!! has anything that in there. I need the info in as much detail as possible without being spoilery please. I usually use IMDb's Parent's Guide as a source for this type of info, but they didn't have anything very helpful on Durarara!!. I would really appreciate the help, since Durarara!! seems like such a cool anime. Thanks so much in advance, --CaptainDirt
Dec 7, 2016 4:22 PM

Jan 2016
Hi there, CaptainDirt. I saw that you post this kind of question in several anime shows.
Well, here's my thoughts about Durarara!!, even if it contains sexual content/nudity/under-dressed characters.

Like what you just referred Durarara to, as a "cool" anime.
Yes, you're right. It's cool and to me, it's an interesting anime (this is my opinion, not the others' opinion).
But, both of your parents and you have an objection toward sexual content/nudity/under-dressed characters. This is the real question here.
And also, that makes me wonder where you're actually from and how old are you (at this time).
Well, you don't really have to tell about yourself, though.
I was just wondering why your parents and you objected that kind of things.

As I already said, although it's an interesting anime, yes. It does contain sexual content/nudity/under-dressed characters.
But, there are just some scenes being shown in that series. And, I'll not put any spoilers here.
Other than that, Durarara!! is also tagged on MyAnimeList (MAL) as being an R - 17+ (which contains violence & profanity).
Even so, can you still handle that?
Because, it's just the same as sexual content/nudity/under-dressed characters but a bit different.
So, it's up to you (if you wanted to watch it) and also if your parents would accept that kind of things or not.
I won't force you to watch it whatsoever. It's both on your parents' and your decision.
And, you should also ask/tell your parents to consider a bit more about this kind of anime series.
But still, I would like to recommend you to watch this series. Many things happened in this anime which are not like what you actually expected.
CylicoMar 15, 2017 12:30 AM
Dec 7, 2016 4:32 PM
May 2016
Thanks so much Iorisu! The best way I know to put our problem with that type of content is "garbage in, garbage out". I don't know why profanity and violence and all that is less of a problem for us, it just is. Maybe that's odd, but my main problem was that I like to look into new animes that I haven't seen before, but they have to run through my parents for approval. But when our normal source doesn't have the have the info we need, I run into a problem. That's when I start asking around sites like this or the wikia for the anime. As much as I would love to watch Durarara!!, I'm not sure if I would be allowed to, depending on the severity of said content. I'm perfectly fine with, and allowed to watch animes like Attack on Titan, One Punch Man, My Hero Academia, Ace Attorney, Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, and I even took a shot at Bleach, but it started to make me uncomfortable. (That's not all I watch, but that's most of them) You know, it's acceptable if some content is there, but it has to be pretty mild stuff to be ok. Sorry about the rambling reply. I'm not always the most concise person.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.